Kansas Wrestling

Haysville King of the Ring!!

Posted By: sekjrcometscoach

Haysville King of the Ring!! - 11/17/11 05:49 AM

Just asking, reconsider your tournament, S.E.K. Jr. Comets look forward to your tournament and I'm sure a lot of other clubs do as well. It has been a well ran tournament with lots of great competition. We would sure be disappointed for it not to be held this year. If you have it we will be there!!
Posted By: schroeder

Re: Haysville King of the Ring!! - 11/17/11 03:38 PM

Thank you for the kind words....we alwasy put alot of time and thought into our tourny. we do our best from officials to the numder of matches on a mat, so people will want to come back. We would love to do the tourny, but with schedules and other tourny,s going on in the area when we have had ours...it would just hurt the turn out in both. We have tried to find a weekend and stick with, this year other stuff happened which caused otehrs to move as well. So again thank you for your support and we are stiff trying and looking for a weekend to host one.
Posted By: Purple_Freak

Re: Haysville King of the Ring!! - 11/17/11 05:34 PM

Have you thought about running the Novice on Saturday and Open on Sunday? back to back days for some kids would be hard but maybe an idea.
Posted By: MacLaughlin

Re: Haysville King of the Ring!! - 11/18/11 12:35 AM

That would also be a good change for Novice parents who can't attend Sunday novice tournaments.
Posted By: hartley5

Re: Haysville King of the Ring!! - 11/18/11 01:17 AM

Thank you for the suggestion! We will see what we can do to switch the novice to Saturday and teh KIng of the Ring on Sunday.

-Sarah
Posted By: tclong03

Re: Haysville King of the Ring!! - 11/18/11 01:59 AM

Thanks here from a new member of Team Haysville. If there is a lot of support there with no worries about attending two opens in one weekend. Then why not try to see if it can be done. If some more clubs can chime in here it would be very helpfull.
Thanks again
Tim

Re: Haysville King of the Ring!! - 11/18/11 02:10 AM

Sunday would work fine for SEK Jr Comets. Burlington has their tourney on sunday and it always seems to be a good turn out. I know we have actually been turned away from Burlington one year cause they had to many entries and they were full.
Posted By: master blaster

Re: Haysville King of the Ring!! - 11/18/11 11:12 AM

Didn't look like there where too tournaments many the weekend after christmas? Could be an option. Not in the Wichita area anyway!
Posted By: csicard

Re: Haysville King of the Ring!! - 11/19/11 11:59 AM

I have been trying to find out if there is a weight allowance for those that wrestle back to back tournaments? I have been reading and believe that there is but would like confirmation on this. I am also in favor of Novice on Saturday and Open on Sunday for the King of the Ring. I am also a fairly new member to Team Haysville and hope that we can get the support needed to do this! If there is the weight allowance that may also influence some of the wrestler's decision to attend. Would love to see some feedback from anyone! Thank you.
Posted By: BLT

Re: Haysville King of the Ring!! - 11/19/11 03:13 PM

Cheryl...
Its your guys tournamet!
If you want to have a weight allowance you can.

Re: Haysville King of the Ring!! - 11/19/11 10:41 PM

We've had our tourney on a sunday and we allowed a pound. I'm not sure but I think that's what Burlington does too. But yes, it's your tournament do what you want.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Haysville King of the Ring!! - 11/20/11 02:45 AM

See you on saturday and sunday
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums