Kansas Wrestling

Best Matches

Posted By: westwrestling

Best Matches - 03/27/12 12:42 PM

Just curious as to some of the best matches everyone saw at state this year? Videos would be great as well. I also saw many matches that brought out as I call it raw emotions. From wrestler, to coach, to Dad then Mom on the floor and even in the stands. Lots of fun!
Posted By: Mahan

Re: Best Matches - 03/27/12 12:50 PM

I am for sure partial here, but 12U 130 finals...Smith reverses Mahan with 20 seconds left ensuing scramble Mahan gets reverse with 2 seconds left final 3 - 2...this after an outstanding first period of scrambles and almost takedowns by both kids...seriously wish I had video
Posted By: L.Geyer

Re: Best Matches - 03/27/12 12:54 PM

HS 120 championship. Kevin Arnhold of Hays and Tyler Mies of Brawlers. Mies wins 4-3, with multiple calls that could have went either way, that would have or could have changed the outcome of this match. Great match by two tough kids.
Posted By: Teamroper

Re: Best Matches - 03/27/12 01:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Mahan
I am for sure partial here, but 12U 130 finals...Smith reverses Mahan with 20 seconds left ensuing scramble Mahan gets reverse with 2 seconds left final 3 - 2...this after an outstanding first period of scrambles and almost takedowns by both kids...seriously wish I had video

I may be also, but that was a great match! 12U 130 Backside semi with two boys that left it all on the mat do doubt, it was one neither deserved to lose.
Posted By: Coach Prieto

Re: Best Matches - 03/27/12 01:58 PM

14 Under 100 pounds: Bowen versus Cavanaugh. Great match that was not decided until overtime...Another great match was at 14 Under 110 finals: Moses versus Ball.. antoher match that wasn't decided until overtime...very talented young men with great potential at the next level....
Posted By: Travis Phippen

Re: Best Matches - 03/27/12 02:15 PM

Not necessarily the greatest match, but 2 kids with great pedigrees wrestling in the finals:

Mason Turner
5X State Champ
2X Tulsa Champ 3X Finalist
2X All Star Team Member
Multiple other National Titles ie. Liberty, Reno, Dixie etc.

Cody Phippen
3X State Finalist
Tulsa Finalist
USA National Champ
10X USA All American

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrkybMd4S34
Posted By: mcpdad

Re: Best Matches - 03/27/12 02:22 PM

Tracy you are biased lol...but I will agree it was one of the best matches Justin was in this year. I hope they get to go at it several more times next year.

The Ball vs Moses match was one for the record books. I could watch them every weekend and love it.

12u 88 finals was another great match. Lange and Stuart had some lop sided matches this year but this one ended 5-3 and was a battle.

I watched dozens of overtime matches but can't tell you who was in them but can tell that both kids were giving it everything they had. What a great weekend for matchups.
Posted By: Takedown Machine

Re: Best Matches - 03/27/12 11:40 PM

Moses vs Ball! Hands down. I could watch it over and over. Ultimate decision riding time or escape for the state title. Both kids are beasts!
Posted By: 5-count

Re: Best Matches - 03/28/12 12:49 AM

115lbs Quinton LaPointe and Pedro Ordonez great match for 3rd 4th place. These guys have had some battles for the last 3yrs with 90percent of matches decided by 1 pt. Quinton beats Pedro in a battle 4/2 in overtime to place 3rd. Will post video soon
Posted By: 5-count

Re: Best Matches - 03/28/12 12:50 AM

Sorry that's 12u 115lbs
Posted By: Coach G

Re: Best Matches - 03/28/12 12:52 AM

I AGREE, THIS WAS A MATCH THAT I WAS LOOKING FOR. I SAW BALL WRESTLE EARLIER THIS YEAR. THEN I SAW MOSES WRESTLE UP AT 120 AT THE CLASSIC. WHEN I SAW THEY WERE IN THE SAME BRACKET I WAS LICKING MY CHOPS TO SEE IT. TWO GOOD WRESTLERS I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING THEM WRESTLE IN HIGH SCHOOL.
Posted By: John Moses

Re: Best Matches - 03/28/12 01:40 PM

Moses and Ball match! Unfortunately my wife was so nervous she forgot to press record on the camera and therefore we don't have the match. If there is anyone out there that may have filmed it I would love to get a copy!!! You can reach me at 316 209 8661!!
Posted By: kuro

Re: Best Matches - 03/28/12 03:05 PM

Oh yes I like !!
Posted By: doug747

Re: Best Matches - 03/28/12 07:16 PM

Nerves have nothing to do with it, she is blonde..........
Posted By: John Moses

Re: Best Matches - 03/28/12 07:32 PM

You expect me to believe you notice the hair color???
Posted By: KMac

Re: Best Matches - 03/28/12 08:27 PM

The Moses/Ball match was awesome. I talked to John within 2 minutes of it being over and I'm not sure which Moses wrestled harder in that match....Cole on the mat or John in the corner? LOL.....anyways it was a great match and congrats to Cole for pulling it out!

Re: Best Matches - 03/28/12 09:22 PM

Someone told me she was blonde...............
Posted By: DannyB

Re: Best Matches - 03/29/12 03:22 AM

Moses/Ball match by far, great match both of you. good luck in the years to come look forward to watching you guys. Doug have you figured out what color her hair is yet?

Re: Best Matches - 03/29/12 11:48 AM

Double D??? is that a color?
Posted By: jdogwrastler

Re: Best Matches - 03/29/12 07:59 PM

Garret Lange vs. Tyler Flood in the 12 and under 88lb. quarterfinals. Great match that wasn't decide until overtime.
Posted By: DannyB

Re: Best Matches - 03/30/12 01:58 AM

sure is
Posted By: effwhyeye

Re: Best Matches - 04/04/12 01:47 PM

14U 125 Semis. Stovall and Briscoe. Quite the scoreless battle until the first overtime when Blake got the takedown at the edge of the mat. Should have been the Finals matchup.
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums