Kansas Wrestling

Your Wrestling Club

Posted By: Brent Lane

Your Wrestling Club - 03/29/12 05:10 PM

Parents, Wrestlers, Coaches, etc...

What do you love about the way your wrestling club works and operates?

What good ideas can you share?
Posted By: HighWater

Re: Your Wrestling Club - 03/29/12 05:32 PM

I love that it is a family. I love that parents, kids and coaches all stay until the last kid wrestles. My kid is mostly the last kid on the mat when they are rolling up the others and it is nice to see others there.

I love the fact that they promote values and that you leave it all on the mat. You win and lose with grace. You respect the other wrestlers cause they practice and put everything on the line too.

My kids know that the coaches have their back 100% but will tell them they are wrong too. The coach drill the basics and prefecting them. They coaches coach everyone - not just watch out for their kids. Because in their mind every kid is their kid.

They promote health life style habits (eating and excercising). They make it fun and keep it fun.
Posted By: shwrestlingmom

Re: Your Wrestling Club - 03/29/12 08:36 PM

Letting your wrestlers practice with other clubs! I think if you have wrestlers that want more practice time or different practice partners they should be able to attend other clubs practices.
Posted By: Kansas Wildcat

Re: Your Wrestling Club - 03/30/12 12:55 PM

Good communication w/ parents is key. We get emails each week with reminders and updates. So if we had to miss a practice, or if our wrestler can't remember what was said - we still have accurate info via email.
Posted By: Brent Lane

Re: Your Wrestling Club - 03/30/12 04:54 PM

Good stuff, keep it coming.
Posted By: jule

Re: Your Wrestling Club - 04/02/12 11:17 PM

We have a facebook page with info on it. Dates times places. So even gma and gpa can see what is going on. We try to update after ever tournament so ever one knows had the boys did, we don't all always go to the same tournament. Getting the new ones involved sometimes new parents are scared so take them under your wing. Show them the ropes. Then they can lead the next new parent so they all feel involved and your club grows with people of knowledge when the older boys move on
Posted By: Michael Malay

Re: Your Wrestling Club - 04/03/12 02:00 AM

I love that not a single coach in the club has a kid wrestling. We all do it for the love of the sport
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums