Kansas Wrestling

Biting question

Posted By: TCB75

Biting question - 04/01/13 08:13 PM

What's the repercussions if a wrestler bites another wrestler during a match? If it's brought to the attention of the ref, is it a warning? point given? DQ?

My son was bitten during a 14U match at state by another wrestler. I asked him why he didn't tell the ref, and he said he didn't want to complain.

What would have happened had he told the ref?

Thanks!
Posted By: Mark J Stanley

Re: Biting question - 04/01/13 08:20 PM

DQ...Flagrant Misconduct...if the ref sees two sets of teeth marks or decides that it was an intentional act by the biter.

Re: Biting question - 04/01/13 08:28 PM

Thanks Mark!

We'll know better next time!
Posted By: Mark J Stanley

Re: Biting question - 04/01/13 08:35 PM

For clarity, there are times when a wrestler who is getting cross faced could unintentionaly leave one set of teeth marks but the second set is a pretty clear indication that the offending wrestler has biten down on purpose.
Posted By: Happy Cowboy

Re: Biting question - 04/03/13 03:10 PM

Maybe he was just hungry

Re: Biting question - 04/03/13 04:32 PM

It broke the skin on my son's hand, so perhaps he was hungry!

I told my son the boy would have been DQ'd and his reply was "i wouldn't want to win that way"
Posted By: Allie

Re: Biting question - 04/05/13 09:08 PM

At districts my son's opponent had 3 fingers wrapped around my kids top teeth. Referee evidently didn't see it or didn't care...I asked my boy why he didn't "accidentally" bite him. He said he didn't want to get disqualified!
Posted By: Beeson

Re: Biting question - 04/06/13 02:33 AM

Officials and Coaches need to be careful...sometimes a kid will bite himself just to win....it happens.....I have seen it.
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums