Salina
Heritage Hall
6:30 pm to 8 pm
Sunday March 2nd
6:30 am to 7:30 am

Wrestling starts at 9:00am
Posted By: Mikey Lambo

Re: Weigh in 6 Under State & Elementary State - 02/20/14 02:53 PM

Will there be state reps there to administer the satellite weigh-ins? At every tournament there always seems to be one kid in the bracket that could not possibly have made weight.

And 1 pound is a big deal for the little guys (37, 39, etc.)...
Posted By: JCook

Re: Weigh in 6 Under State & Elementary State - 02/24/14 02:30 PM

Posted By: Beeson

Re: Weigh in 6 Under State & Elementary State - 02/24/14 03:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Mikey Lambo
Will there be state reps there to administer the satellite weigh-ins? At every tournament there always seems to be one kid in the bracket that could not possibly have made weight.

And 1 pound is a big deal for the little guys (37, 39, etc.)...

AGREED, it's almost another weight class now. Next year it may be. mad grin wink whistle
Posted By: LouisburgKWC

Re: Weigh in 6 Under State & Elementary State - 02/24/14 08:54 PM

We will be in Salina for 4a state Friday and Saturday. If we are now doing remotes for state then my little guy deserves to weigh in early also. I am willing to host a remote at my hotel so the kids in Salina area can eat all day Saturday like the rest of the state. We can do 9am Saturday morning! Please let me know how to get permission.

Matt Blancarte
913 544 8788

Re: Weigh in 6 Under State & Elementary State - 02/24/14 11:18 PM

I am concerned that we are worried about 6U kids with only two pounds between weights being able to eat all day. It sounds like my initial concern of changing the weights is coming true. Instead of the new weights discouraging kids pulling weight, it looks like it is encouraging them to pull weight. Instead of pulling 3 pounds to get to the next weight, now they can pull 4 and get down two weight classes. Why else would they need to eat all day?

Re: Weigh in 6 Under State & Elementary State - 02/25/14 03:09 AM

Well I guess my kid is the only one in Kansas who wakes up at 40.5 and is 41.5 by the time he gets home from school.. I kinda thought a lot of kids put on a pound or so throughout the day. Anyone who says that they would not wait to eat dinner till after the 6:30 weigh-in is not being honest. There is a difference ill pulling weight and weighing early in the day like everyone else.
Posted By: TandT

Re: Weigh in 6 Under State & Elementary State - 02/25/14 03:41 AM

I agree. Some clubs or scales, in MY OPINION, seem to be a little off. I thought State weigh-ins would be on site and done by officials not a coach/parent at their facilities.

Re: Weigh in 6 Under State & Elementary State - 02/25/14 09:59 AM

Well if we are being honest...the reason some of those kids look way to big, is because they are. I guarantee some of those 6U kids are pulling 4 lbs.

It is the nature of the sport to have to watch your weight and even pull a little. Those who are going to do are going to do it. If the next weight class was 6 lbs. away it would discourage some of it more than the just 4 lbs.

The new weights are not in the best interest of Kansas Wrestling or the Kids. I just want the powers that be, to be aware of what has and is happening. We need to go back to the old weights.

Re: Weigh in 6 Under State & Elementary State - 02/25/14 11:38 AM

Good, I kinda felt like I was being accused of cutting my 6 yr old from 45 to 41. I understand concerns and agree with both but back to my original issue. I am trying to get an early weigh-in in salina area and think we will be able to make it happen. It looks like we will and ill let you know the location and time as soon as possible. The kids in salina area deserve to weigh early like everyone else!
Posted By: doug747

Re: Weigh in 6 Under State & Elementary State - 02/25/14 01:09 PM

There is a weigh in at Salina already.

Bicentennial Center
Salina
Heritage Hall
6:30 pm to 8 pm Saturday

Sunday March 2nd
Posted By: keith

Re: Weigh in 6 Under State & Elementary State - 02/25/14 01:53 PM

He is trying to get a earlier weigh in so the kids get to eat during the day

Re: Weigh in 6 Under State & Elementary State - 02/25/14 02:08 PM

Shouldn't they be able to eat during the day and still make weight? Defend it how you wish, but sounds like your pulling weight. What was the goal of the new weights? More Champions? Accomplished, but watering down competition with is not good. Discourage weight pulling? Failed, it is worse now. What was the goal, and did it work?

Re: Weigh in 6 Under State & Elementary State - 02/25/14 03:13 PM

It is taken care of and Thanks to Mr. Cook for seeing my point. I appreciate all your input!
Posted By: Cowbuff

Re: Weigh in 6 Under State & Elementary State - 02/25/14 03:43 PM

and the answer is?
Posted By: ddietrich

Re: Weigh in 6 Under State & Elementary State - 02/25/14 04:36 PM

Are these sites and times up to date

Re: Weigh in 6 Under State & Elementary State - 02/25/14 11:34 PM

Weigh in sites!!!
Still need table worker!!

6 and Under State
Elementary State
Weigh in Sites
March 1St

Ottawa Mat Masters Open
Ottawa High School
1120 South Ash
Ottawa KS
12 Noon

Allen County Kids Open/Novice
Iola High School
300 East Jackson
Iola, KS
12 Noon

Fort Hays State
Gross Memorial
Gate 4
Wrestling Locker Room 188
10:30 am to 12:00 Noon

Best Western
53rd North & I-135
Wichita
9:00 am to 10:00 am

Pratt High School
401 Hamilton St.
Pratt
11am - 12pm
Enter building at double doors located at the north side of high school parking lot, just south of football field and track.

Topeka
1836 SW 65th Street
Topeka
9am -10:30am
Contact Info: Greg Murray #785-925-1642

AmericInn Hotel
1820 W Crawford St
Salina
9am to 10am

Bicentennial Center
Salina
Heritage Hall
6:30 pm to 8 pm
Sunday March 2nd

Wrestling starts at 9:00am

Re: Weigh in 6 Under State & Elementary State - 02/26/14 03:12 PM

Posted By: Bones1768

Re: Weigh in 6 Under State & Elementary State - 02/26/14 03:51 PM

Do coaches who show bronze cards and usaw coaches card pay admission on sunday?

Re: Weigh in 6 Under State & Elementary State - 02/26/14 07:33 PM

Coaches bands are $11.00 with USAW coaches card and bronze card!!
Posted By: fullmont2003

Re: Weigh in 6 Under State & Elementary State - 02/26/14 08:27 PM

Do you have to have bronze card to get coaches band or can coaches with only usaw coaches cards get bands as well?

Re: Weigh in 6 Under State & Elementary State - 02/26/14 10:54 PM

USAW coaches card and bronze card!!
Must have both!!
Posted By: barborugby

Re: Weigh in 6 Under State & Elementary State - 02/27/14 01:44 PM

How do I enter my wrester's ranking when entering them on track wrestling for this tournament. How are they seeded? I don't want it to rely just on track wrestling as it is dead wrong for several of my kids.

Re: Weigh in 6 Under State & Elementary State - 02/27/14 02:08 PM

I would assume since they are six and there is such a great number of participants it will most likely be a blind draw.
Posted By: ck9199

Re: Weigh in 6 Under State & Elementary State - 02/27/14 03:03 PM

Do you give any coaches bands to the clubs or do we have to pay for all of them?
Posted By: Purple_Freak

Re: Weigh in 6 Under State & Elementary State - 02/27/14 03:23 PM

So just so I understand regular admission is $5 and carded certified coaches are charged $11?

Absolutely rediculous

Re: Weigh in 6 Under State & Elementary State - 02/27/14 03:39 PM

If you have both current USA Coaches card and Bronze card,

you can get your coach’s band at the pass table. FREE

If you only have a USA Coaches card, you will need to purchase a coaches band at the ticket office window. You will need to show your ID and coaches card to get the band. Cost is $11.00
Posted By: ColtraneIndy

Re: Weigh in 6 Under State & Elementary State - 02/27/14 03:41 PM

James, Thanks for clearing that up, I was getting the same vibe as purple freak. Much better scenario.

6 Under State & Elementary State Coach's Bands - 02/27/14 03:41 PM

If you have both current USA Coaches card and Bronze card,

you can get your coach’s band at the pass table. FREE

If you only have a USA Coaches card, you will need to purchase a coaches band at the ticket office window. You will need to show your ID and coaches card to get the band. Cost is $11.00

Re: 6 Under State & Elementary State Coach's Bands - 02/27/14 03:46 PM

James Ok maybe I am confused and I have read the different things you have posted several times so if I am I appologize:

So if we show both the card and bronze card we get a coaching band for free?

If a coach has only the USA card then they can also get a band for $11? If this is the case why was it put on the flyer that the Bronze certification was required to coach?

Re: 6 Under State & Elementary State Coach's Bands - 02/27/14 03:53 PM

Sometimes things change!!

Re: 6 Under State & Elementary State Coach's Bands - 02/27/14 05:06 PM

Will there be any weight classes combined if there is not enough in that weight class?

Re: 6 Under State & Elementary State Coach's Bands - 02/27/14 05:07 PM

no

Re: 6 Under State & Elementary State Coach's Bands - 02/27/14 05:07 PM

Thats what i tought but just wanted to ask thanks

Re: 6 Under State & Elementary State Coach's Bands - 02/27/14 05:16 PM

Originally Posted By: JCook

Money changes alot of things.

Re: 6 Under State & Elementary State Coach's Bands - 02/27/14 05:22 PM

LOL! Beeson isn't that the truth.. Guess all those guys that have taken the Bronze Clinic this year and paid $60 just so they they were set to coach at 6&U State could have saved a few bucks..
Posted By: Chris Stivers

Re: 6 Under State & Elementary State Coach's Bands - 02/27/14 05:27 PM

Wondering if this is true hearing there is going to be a 1 lb allowance for 6U State. Is this true?

Re: 6 Under State & Elementary State Coach's Bands - 02/27/14 05:29 PM

Well the Bronze Card will come in useful at State if you go. If not you will need it in the coming years.

Personally I think they need to stand by their first stance that the coach needs to be Bronze Certified. The main reason, it's the right thing to do. Money should never be a reason to not do the right thing.

Re: 6 Under State & Elementary State Coach's Bands - 02/27/14 05:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Chris Stivers
Wondering if this is true hearing there is going to be a 1 lb allowance for 6U State. Is this true?

It better not be. Hell they already dropped it to two pounds between every weight. This tournament will be the biggest joke in the state if they give an extra pound.
Posted By: ColtraneIndy

Re: 6 Under State & Elementary State Coach's Bands - 02/27/14 06:10 PM

I've only been once, but there was no allowance... Of course back then there were no satellite weigh in sites, the tournament was in Ottawa and there were only 10 brackets... Yep, things do change.

Re: 6 Under State & Elementary State Coach's Bands - 02/27/14 06:42 PM

Yeah doesn't affect me.. had mine for several years but I agree they need to stand by their original stance and require it. The notification that they were going to require it was out there well in advance.

Re: 6 Under State & Elementary State Coach's Bands - 02/27/14 07:25 PM

I agree I went and did the bronze clinic because of the requirement.
Posted By: Cokeley

Re: 6 Under State & Elementary State Coach's Bands - 02/28/14 06:41 AM

We would like to mandate Bronze and Coach Card just like it is for the USAWKS State Series but it is tough when many, many of these parents are first year parents and their Club Directors don't explain to them early about the Bronze class and card. Then to complicate matters more some clubs don't send a coach to the 6U state which places the coaching responsibility on a parent who was unaware of the process. This is only the second year. We will keep improving but I would encourage all Districts to develop their own Randy Hinderlieter so that Bronze classes are more readily available. I would also like to encourage all club directors to educate their new parents and encourage them to buy USA Coach Cards as well as take the class. We are just trying to be accommodating.
Posted By: Hovisdad

Re: 6 Under State & Elementary State Coach's Bands - 03/01/14 03:51 AM

Originally Posted By: Beeson
Originally Posted By: JCook

Money changes alot of things.

I am glad things change! I have not been able to get my card because my job would not allow it. But now with Gods help I have had that opportunity. Just got my USA card, still waiting for next Bronze clinics. So I am more than happy to pay 11 bucks to be on the mat with my boys. And maybe next year I can be like Beeason! But I am glad I checked the forums tonight. Just wish it wasn't 2 tourneys at once. I doubt we will be out of there at 5. Lol

Re: 6 Under State & Elementary State Coach's Bands - 03/01/14 04:02 AM

I was prepared and didn't wait till the last minute to get my USA card or take my bronze class. Procrastination is not good excuse for not being prepared and God had nothing to do with this decision.
Posted By: Hovisdad

Re: 6 Under State & Elementary State Coach's Bands - 03/01/14 06:26 AM

Originally Posted By: Beeson
I was prepared and didn't wait till the last minute to get my USA card or take my bronze class. Procrastination is not good excuse for not being prepared and God had nothing to do with this decision.

I wasn't saying God had anything to do with the whole paying for a band decision. I was referring to his help in a new career that allows me more time with my children and the time to get "certified", just one more step. I apologize for the confusion.
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums