Kansas Wrestling

seeding for subs

Posted By: Hawks

seeding for subs - 03/07/15 11:49 PM

I thought in the past that the wrestler list for subs were released early so that they could be looked at. Are they going to be released before tomorrow?
Posted By: Beeson

Re: seeding for subs - 03/08/15 12:40 AM

Get your track shoes out boys....the running is about to start.
Posted By: Spexy

Re: seeding for subs - 03/08/15 12:58 AM

Is the matrix open? Why run? Can't find who's signed up. Unless you're just throwing this out there, Chad.

Re: seeding for subs - 03/08/15 01:41 AM

Spexy, we aren't running. Just trying to have my ducks in a row before we get there that's all.

Re: seeding for subs - 03/08/15 02:28 AM

Who are you running from beeson?
Posted By: PatrickCavanaugh

Re: seeding for subs - 03/08/15 02:40 AM

Yeah Chad you have a history of running. Running to Oklahoma, running to Iowa. Where you running to this time?
Posted By: CWB

Re: seeding for subs - 03/08/15 03:02 AM

It is very hard to have 40+ kids at state,know all there seeding spots with out knowing whom they wrestle.Trying to seed in 10 mins is not easy. No coach knows every kid and who they wrestled.

Charles Bradford

Re: seeding for subs - 03/08/15 05:13 AM

Originally Posted By: PatrickCavanaugh
Yeah Chad you have a history of running. Running to Oklahoma, running to Iowa. Where you running to this time?

Apparently, I'm just running my mouth. But our age and weight won't change, that I can guarantee.
Posted By: reddog2853

Re: seeding for subs - 03/08/15 04:30 PM

Beeson you run your mouth all the time. Mostly everything out of it is trash.

Re: seeding for subs - 03/08/15 04:33 PM

I'm sorry....I missed your name.
Posted By: gorailroaders901

Re: seeding for subs - 03/08/15 05:02 PM

When are the brackets going to be released for all the sub-district tournaments?
Posted By: Wrasslin Dad

Re: seeding for subs - 03/08/15 05:30 PM

So im assuming its to late to make a change on weight, dont think my boy can make 70 lbs.
Posted By: gorailroaders901

Re: seeding for subs - 03/08/15 06:01 PM

You can still make weight changes up until seeding meeting through your local coach.

Re: seeding for subs - 03/08/15 06:04 PM

I tried texting them while in meeting and got no response. Guess I will email Mr. Sayler
Posted By: jeremy sekavec

Re: seeding for subs - 03/08/15 08:04 PM

Personally believe that once you sign up for the weight you should not be allowed to change. All we are teaching the kids is to run from people. Should be locked in as of the deadline. Would make the seeding meeting easy. Could be a webcast then and say everyone time and money
Posted By: J. Besco

Re: seeding for subs - 03/08/15 09:33 PM

The way that I read the email that was sent out was that changes and late entries could be made until the 20th, just wouldn't be seeded?

"Trackwrestling notification emails were sent on February 24,2015. A number of clubs have verified their login and password information however there are clubs which have failed to do so. Please login tonight in order that we may confirm all clubs have received their passwords? Early registration is open and registration closes on March 04, 2015.

The District II Tournament flyer is posted on the USAW Kansas website as well as Trackwrestling.

The seeding meeting is Sunday, March 08, 2015 at Winfield High School. Doors will open at 12:00 P.M. to begin club verification of entries. Seeding will not begin until all clubs in attendance have verified their entries. District II will not release seeding and/or bracket information to the public until March 20, 2015. Late entries will be allowed through March 19, 2015. No late entry will be seed able and will be drawn into the bracket. An item for discussion will be challenge matches to determine true fourth place. If a wrestler places fifth and has not been defeated by the fourth place finisher, the fifth place wrestler will have the right to challenge for the right to move on to the State Tournament. This is my proposal and is subject to District ratification."
Posted By: S Biddle

Re: seeding for subs - 03/08/15 10:28 PM

Here is the flyer:

USAWKS District II Championships

This will be a split session tournament: 1st session starts at 8:00am & 2nd session starts at approx. 12:30pm

DATE: Saturday, March 21, 2015
WHERE: Winfield High School, 300 Viking Blvd., Winfield, KS
ENTRY FEE: $20.00 – Please provide one check per Club.
ENTRY DEADLINE: Wednesday, March 4, 2015 at 11:59pm.

Enter through your Club Representative – District will send out
Registration guideline info to each club.

RULES: USAWKS Qualifier – ALL coaches will need Bronze Card and current year USA Membership Card.

Seeding Meeting: Sunday, March 8, 2015 at Winfield High School, 300 N. Viking Blvd (Enter through front entrance)
Doors will open at Noon – Make changes and Verify entries; Seeding will start after verification of entries.

Weigh-In: Friday, March 20, 2015, 6pm-8 pm Winfield High School (Upstairs Gym)
Satellite Locations: The South satellite weigh-in location is: 3/20/15 from 6pm-8pm
Parsons Senior High School
3030 Morton
Parsons, Kansas
The North satellite location is: 3/20/15 from 6pm-8pm
Kapaun Mt. Carmel Catholic High School
8506 East Central
Wichita, Kansas

Coaches Meeting: 7:30 am

Start Time: AM Session - 8:00 am - 12U & 14U
PM Session - Approx. 12:30pm - 8U, 10U & HS

Concessions: Concessions will be available throughout the entire day. All coolers, food, and drinks must
remain in the commons area. NO FOOD OR DRINKS WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE GYM.

PLEASE SUBMIT ONLY ONE CHECK PER CLUB FOR ENTRY FEES.
WINFIELD HIGH SCHOOL IS A TOBACCO FREE CAMPUS. NO SMOKING OR TOBACCO WILL BE ALLOWED ON SCHOOL PROPERTY.
NO CAMERAS OR VIDEO RECORDERS WILL BE ALLOWED ON THE FLOOR. TWO COACHES MAT SIDE. PARENTS PLEASE STAY IN THE STANDS. THIS WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED

Re: seeding for subs - 03/09/15 02:41 AM

For your information Mr.Secavec we are not running from no one. My son has wrestled 73 lbs all year. He decided he wanted to try and drop to 70 for Park City and unfortunately could not make weight. Unlike alot of dads im not going to force cutting weight on my child. Being the deadline for districts was the week of Park City I signed him up for 70 at districts as well. So if changes/late entries can be made up until March 20 just will not be seeded,I should be able to make the change, right?

Vince Enfield

Re: seeding for subs - 03/09/15 03:06 AM

I agree. We went back and forth on cutting or not and my son told me that it was getting to hard to make weight, I told him that the flier said that we have until the 20th just wouldn't get a seed so we didn't worry about it. with all the changes to D2 this year I think everything should have been communicated better. I was really surprised that they didn't release a wrestler list like in the years past so the clubs could have gone in with a true game plan on seeding kids. I know that a lot of you it doesn't matter because your kid is a guaranteed #1 or #2 but for the rest of us I think it's nice to put together a record against the other kids, because to those kids seeding does matter

Re: seeding for subs - 03/09/15 10:26 AM

District 2 should be locked in just like the rest of us. Not be able to change weight classes after they have seen where everyone else in the state is at.

Re: seeding for subs - 03/09/15 11:01 AM

I know in the past they released D2 list early, and I thought everyone else did the same so you could look at the entire state if you wanted to. This allows you to make a packet to take to the seeding meeting to have examples of why a kid should get certain seeds. Especially helpful in a year that they add to an already extremely tough district where we've maybe seen a kid once all year.

Re: seeding for subs - 03/09/15 05:33 PM

It is like going to court with out in evidence.I look up a ton of kids and plan what seed they should have. This year sucked.

I for one do not care if kids run. They are the ones that suffer. No one should care if some one jumps weight for any reason. You are telling me that you do not want your kid to take the easy road. {No dont take the bridge,swim the river.] The difference is in HS or college the coach will move the kids around to the best weights for the team. But a dad sure cant do it.

Now after all of that you look at my sons pattern. It has been the same every year. He starts out in summer weight than finishes in wrestling weight.

I think if some of you guys don't have some thing to wine about, you would fall over dead.The names should be released at EVERY track wrestling tournament.It is just dumb it is not done that way. I do not get it. Could some one shed light on why it matters?
Posted By: blevinsrl

Re: seeding for subs - 03/09/15 06:06 PM

I think one of the biggest reasons of not releasing the names of wrestlers, is that it causes a lot of emails and phone calls for the tournament directors. However, this year I released the matrix and wrestler list for the Ottawa Mat Masters Open the whole time during registration. It was just the opposite. I had the least amount of changes compared to the last 3 years. I know you cant leave the registration open for subs as long as we do for a local tournament, which basically allows coaches/club representative/parent make those changes all the way up until Friday. This alone probably cuts the emails and phone calls in half. Just my 2 cents.

Richard Blevins
Ottawa Mat Masters
Posted By: jeremy sekavec

Re: seeding for subs - 03/09/15 06:55 PM

First of all, its SEKAVEC Mr. Enfield. Second, why would you wrestle all year at 73 and the last tournament of the year try and make weight at 70? If he wanted to try, he should have been gradually easing his way down not trying to cut in one week. I have seen it way too many times where kids are cutting or jumping to avoid people. Then you run into this problem. Why should District 2 be allowed to make changes up to March 20 when every other district is set the 8th? Should be a state guideline that applies to ALL Districts no matter if you are having a District tournament or not. Should be the rule that once you enter the weight you are not allowed to change unless trackwrestling has issues. I have seen that happen before. Should be set once the entries are made.

Re: seeding for subs - 03/09/15 11:59 PM

I completely agree with you Jeremy. It's rediculous that they can change weights after seeing who all has qualified after subs.
Posted By: S Biddle

Re: seeding for subs - 03/10/15 12:43 AM

Well you all are gripping for no reason. If would notice brackets for District 2 are built just like every other District. There will be no weight changes or add ins in District 2 just like every other District.

Re: seeding for subs - 03/10/15 01:26 AM

here is a 2nd ? How did all the kids get add after the seed meeting?
Posted By: grindtime

Re: seeding for subs - 03/10/15 02:09 AM

10u100lbs D2
Who's in it?
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums