Kansas Wrestling

State Series question

Posted By: HWT4LIFE

State Series question - 03/08/16 11:57 PM

Can an out of state kid join a Kansas team to compete in our state tournament? Just curious, I have never heard of this before.
Posted By: ReDPloyd

Re: State Series question - 03/09/16 12:11 AM

I am not the expert on this so my response is just a guess, no. I believe that they would have had to wrestle with a Kansas club during the season and paid for club dues which would cover their membership card.

Re: State Series question - 03/09/16 01:39 AM

Kid is out of Missouri, I just saw him in our districts. They just started with the club. Not even sure if they know he is out of state?

Re: State Series question - 03/09/16 01:54 AM

This is probably a good question for someone who has more knowledge of this than I do. If he entered your district tournament and has been accepted, there might be more there that either you or I know. He might also be another Quantrill Raider which is totally unacceptable, especially if you live in Lawrence, which I do.
Posted By: JMM

Re: State Series question - 03/09/16 02:12 AM

I don't know all the rules either but there is a kid from pueblo Colorado in district 2 @10u67 that is wrestling for young guns now. Two weeks ago he was wrestling in a school league in Colorado??

Re: State Series question - 03/09/16 02:14 AM

Should someone contact these clubs? Would it even do any good?

Re: State Series question - 03/09/16 02:26 AM

Once again, I don't have the answers to either of these scenarios. I know that someone knows, and without doing some research, I don't have an answer for you. If they just entered the KS State Tournament series without having wrestled here during the year, I am not sure how they could.
Posted By: Daniel DRW

Re: State Series question - 03/09/16 02:44 AM

Send the names and clubs to your district director and or Mark Stanley and they can look in to it properly.
Posted By: Corey

Re: State Series question - 03/09/16 02:50 AM

A few years ago, there was a family/group of kids from the Oklahoma panhandle that wrestled with the Hugoton wrestling club as there was not much for wresting in their area of OK. There was a vote at what I think was the state body meeting as to whether they would be allowed in the state series. It was voted that they were not able to wrestle in the Kansas state series because they didn't have a physical kansas address. I think this same ruling would be in effect in these situations.
Posted By: Helmers

Re: State Series question - 03/09/16 02:53 AM

My son wrestles for Kansas young guns 10 u 67 there are two other young guns in that bracket and they have both wrestled with the club all year not sure who you're talking about

Re: State Series question - 03/09/16 02:58 AM

I am in district 2. Not sure who to contact? We are in 14 and under.
Posted By: jerry davis

Re: State Series question - 03/09/16 03:00 AM

I would guess that track has two with the same name. He is in 10u and wrestled middle school this year and last year is highly impossible. I'm not real sure how track sorts them. If it is by USA wrestling card number or just name.
Posted By: Daniel DRW

Re: State Series question - 03/09/16 03:14 AM

District directors and Mark Stanley contact info can be found here.
Posted By: McDonald Boys

Re: State Series question - 03/09/16 03:14 AM

Originally Posted By: jerry davis
I would guess that track has two with the same name.

That is highly probable. Especially when you allow parents to enter kids (instead of the person that has been entering them all year) to avoid "clerical" issues.

Might not be the case, but could be.
Posted By: MaM7

Re: State Series question - 03/09/16 11:34 PM

Not only does the wrestler have to have a Kansas Address , The wrestler has to be enrolled is a School system in the state of Kansas.
Posted By: sportsfan02

Re: State Series question - 03/10/16 12:35 AM

We typically defer all questions regarding out of state wrestlers to our forum member named jule.

Re: State Series question - 03/10/16 01:07 AM

I am going to email our district representative in the next day or two. THANK YOU!! All for your information on this situation.
Posted By: jule

Re: State Series question - 03/10/16 01:43 AM

First of all thanks for remembering sports fan.First I want to Thank!!The Hugoton Wrestling Club for all they have done. I am writing this to inform and let as many people know how UNFAIR the Kansas Board was to 8 wrestlers that belong to the Hugoton Club for the last 3 years. We got a letter from the board of Kansas that we (8 wrestlers ) would not be allowed to enter any of the State tournments this year. On the decision they had made in January. Im fine with that and understand rules are rules but not in the middle of the season when in October we were let in, we bought KS cards paid our dues and did all that we were asked to inorder to be able to wrestle KS.Yes we do live in Oklahoma Panhandle (were there is nothing wrestling wise) but we have never hidden that from no one.We practice twice a week in Hugoton, We travel all of Kanas every week.I understand both sides, and would of understood all of it if they would of told us back in OCT NO!then there wouldnt of been a issue. Ours kids work hard and are in total shock they were given hope in OCT and all that was taken AWAY!!There Season CUT SHORT!!! AND TO ME THATS WRONG!!!!!!THEY ARE KIDS LET THEM FINISH!!!!!!!

Re: State Series question - 03/10/16 01:45 AM

This question was ask and answered in 2011. If you don't live in Kansas you don't wrestle in Kansas state series. If Oklahoma couldn't Missouri and Colorado shouldn't either. Step up and follow the rules.
Posted By: sportsfan02

Re: State Series question - 03/10/16 02:41 PM

Originally Posted By: jule
First of all thanks for remembering sports fan.First I want to Thank!!The Hugoton Wrestling Club for all they have done. I am writing this to inform and let as many people know how UNFAIR the Kansas Board was to 8 wrestlers that belong to the Hugoton Club for the last 3 years. We got a letter from the board of Kansas that we (8 wrestlers ) would not be allowed to enter any of the State tournments this year. On the decision they had made in January. Im fine with that and understand rules are rules but not in the middle of the season when in October we were let in, we bought KS cards paid our dues and did all that we were asked to inorder to be able to wrestle KS.Yes we do live in Oklahoma Panhandle (were there is nothing wrestling wise) but we have never hidden that from no one.We practice twice a week in Hugoton, We travel all of Kanas every week.I understand both sides, and would of understood all of it if they would of told us back in OCT NO!then there wouldnt of been a issue. Ours kids work hard and are in total shock they were given hope in OCT and all that was taken AWAY!!There Season CUT SHORT!!! AND TO ME THATS WRONG!!!!!!THEY ARE KIDS LET THEM FINISH!!!!!!!

Gosh, didn't mean to stir the pot. whistle But I knew if anyone could answer the questions it was jule!
Posted By: PatrickCavanaugh

Re: State Series question - 03/11/16 12:53 AM

Sporto, didn't realize how much I missed your anonymous (Greg boucher) condescending troll activity. Survived high school and on to college. Kids club peeps please don't encourage sportsfan02. He's a bottom feeder and has been for years. He feeds off of others misery.

Re: State Series question - 03/11/16 12:54 AM

Sporto, didn't realize how much I missed your anonymous (Greg boucher) condescending troll activity. Survived high school and on to college. Kids club peeps please don't encourage sportsfan02. He's a bottom feeder and has been for years. He feeds off of others misery.
Posted By: J. Dale

Re: State Series question - 03/11/16 01:05 AM

You didnt mean to stir the pot sportsfan (greg boucher), funny because i remember a time you created an email using my name. So thats either stirring the pot or you had a major man crush on me.

Re: State Series question - 03/11/16 01:15 AM

Damn. Sporto, whats up.with that.

Re: State Series question - 03/11/16 03:21 AM

But he had a point I did know the answer.
Posted By: Mike Juby

Re: State Series question - 03/11/16 12:45 PM

The district officers are aware of this wrestler and have been investigating whether he meets our qualifications to wrestle. The review is ongoing, but they will make their decision based on the facts of the case and our bylaws.

Here is an excerpt from out bylaws of the rule for participation in the state qualifying series:
Quote:
For the purpose of eligibility of entering a Sub-District or District tournament, a competitive member must be a resident of Kansas and/or be enrolled in a Kansas educational school system. Special cases to this rule are subject to notification and permission from the Corporate Board. The State Tournament Director will be notified of any person permitted to wrestle under this provision.

Re: State Series question - 03/13/16 03:54 AM

Does anyone know how our situation ended up?
Posted By: DingusKahn

Re: State Series question - 03/19/16 03:34 AM

Let me throw another wrench into this question...especially since Mike was kind enough to show the excerpt from the bylaws.

My sons wrestled Kansas all their lives...their mother and I are divorced and we have 50/50 joint shared custody...meaning they stay with me half the time and her half the time...right down the middle...we use a 2/2/5 method where they are with her on M/T, me on W/Th and we alternate F/Sa/Su.

I moved to Missouri and the following year (last year) the boys started attending school in MO for more opportunities (academically and athletically). Now they still have a Kansas residence but are not enrolled in a Kansas educational school system. I coach wrestling in Missouri (Head MS and Asst HS) and since our MS program is brand new, we decided to form a club to get kids interested in the sport and develop our programs more. Since I bought the boys cards for this club, they are now registered in MO, but STILL ARE RESIDENTS OF KANSAS.

Neither of them were allowed to participate in the KS Series (one is MS and one is HS). MO doesn't have a HS division after the school season is over so we posed the question about both of my boys. After the District directors met with Mark Stanley, I was informed they would not be allowed to participate.

The straw that broke the camel's back was because they were attending school in MO and belonged to a MO club. I even offered to get KS cards for them but was still denied. Now I completely understand the reasoning behind the decision, however, the bylaws state "must be a resident of Kansas AND/OR be enrolled in a Kansas educational school system." So rewrite the bylaws...make them specific...there is too much in between.

The boys weren't upset they weren't allowed to wrestle, just disappointed because they didn't want to stop yet. No worries...only one more year of youth for us and then we won't have the harsh politics to deal with in a sport we should be striving to just let the kids participate in...no matter where they live.

My two cents...those OK boys should be allowed to wrestle because they paid their fees and have KS cards with a KS club...ALL SEASON...better than the alternative...give them more time to start hating the politics of the sport and start their baseball season!!

Nothing against baseball...GO ROYALS!!
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums