Kansas Wrestling

Coaches Bands @ Kids State

Posted By: Bobby Bovaird

Coaches Bands @ Kids State - 03/10/20 01:16 PM

Please be ready to display your 2019-20 credentials in order to receive your coaches bands. There will be NO exceptions this year!

Any coach wishing to be on the floor needs to present a 2019-20 USAW Wrestling Leader Membership and MUST have their Bronze Certification. You must also have a valid photo ID.

The following excuses are invalid and will receive no sympathy from the volunteers who are checking out coaches bands:
-- "I've been coaching my kids all season at tournaments without my bronze card."
-- "I'm the only coach with my club who can coach my kid this weekend."
-- "I didn't know I needed a bronze card."
-- "I left my card in my car / at home / at school / at work / whatever."

Here's what we will say in response to these excuses:
-- "This is state, not some local tournament. You need your bronze card."
-- "If you need someone to coach your kid and you haven't fulfilled your coaching obligations, we can find a coach to be matside for him/her." (I personally make this offer 2-3 times each year at state)
-- "It's been a national standard and Kansas requirement for 20+ years. Where have you been?"
-- "You can access your profile at www.usawmembership.com and take a screen shot of your membership card to show us. No ID? Sorry, no coaches band."

Head coaches and club directors, please pass this information on to your programs.
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums