Kansas Wrestling

Kids State Update!!

Posted By: Chase

Kids State Update!! - 03/13/20 01:07 AM

With the sudden cancellation of the Kid State tournament I was just contacted by the powers that be with USAWKS. It was voted on by mentors much wiser than us and passed that the Valley Center Wrestling Club will be declared this years state championship team!! Sorry Maize you’ll have to beat us for it next year 😉

Also several awards given:

all 8 of Valley Centers qualifiers we’re voted most outstanding wrestler of their weight class.

Coach Jason Lentz - District 2 coach best looking arms award

Coach Shields - Most Stylish Hat in the State 🤠

Coach Chase Moses - District 2 Most Handsome coach award

Coach Blake Andrews - Best Bowl Cut in the Midwest Award! (For recent pictures that have surfaced)

Jimmy Criswell - Shinobi Ninja award for his ability to appear anywhere in a gym when needed

I couldn’t agree more with the state decisions in this time of crisis!

Ps: this situation sure does suck, might as well laugh
Posted By: jamesmf

Re: Kids State Update!! - 03/14/20 03:11 AM

This is no laughing matter, and people should not take it lightly. For the Valley Center Wrestling Club to pull this off is awesome. To go into the State Championships and be down 81 wrestlers and leave with a title is GREAT! Talk about an underdog story for the ages. It didn’t even seem mathematically possible that VC could do this, but dreams do come true. Next time a wrestler says “I can’t,” or “It’s to hard,” remind them of what took place in 2020. Great job VCWC! As for Maize, I think they can bounce back from this.
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums