Kansas Wrestling

Parsons Tournament

Posted By: lane hamm

Parsons Tournament - 01/13/09 06:19 PM

We are still taking entries for out tournament 1-17-09
Posted By: SEKMan

Re: Parsons Tournament - 01/13/09 07:34 PM

How are the entries coming?? Have a lot of kids?? We are planning on coming over from Pittsburg.

Re: Parsons Tournament - 01/13/09 08:10 PM

Entries are still coming in. Last I talked to Chris(last night)we were at 200 without adding our kids. I am sure we will continue to add more. I also want to make sure and let everyone know the tournament will be at Parsons High School this year, not at the college. The high school is much larger,(the just did a lot of remodling and additions to the school)with 2 full size gyms. So we have plenty of room.
Parsons High School located at 3030 Morton

Re: Parsons Tournament - 01/14/09 05:18 PM

What time is weigh in available on Friday night? How early can a person weigh in on Saturday?? Does the tournement start at 9:00?

Thanks!
Posted By: Benelli

Re: Parsons Tournament - 01/14/09 09:12 PM

All good questions!! How 'bout some information...is there a flyer???

At least we know its at the high school.

Re: Parsons Tournament - 01/15/09 03:55 PM

I hope to hear some answers quick. It's Thursday and we need to weigh in tomorrow night. What time???? Where???

Re: Parsons Tournament - 01/15/09 04:48 PM

Just curious...you really drive from Pitt over to Parsons on Friday night just to weigh in?? I know it's only 30 min, but why not just weigh in Saturday morn.? Just curious.

Re: Parsons Tournament - 01/15/09 05:46 PM

Flyers were mailed out to all clubs, awhile back. Weigh In Friday is from 6-8pm, and Saturday is 6:30-8am.
Coaches meeting at 8:30am Wrestling starts at 9am. Concessions all day. NO FOOD OR DRINK IN GYM, this gym has new flooring and seating, there will be sercurity at each gym door. Admission is $2 for adults and 12 & under is $1. We will also have a hospitality room for the coaches as we always do. If there are any more questions I will try to answer them as quickly as I can.
If you would like a flyer you can email us at parsonswrestlingclub@hotmail.com and we will email one to you.

Re: Parsons Tournament - 01/15/09 05:52 PM

That answers my questions, thanks!

Re: Parsons Tournament - 01/15/09 08:02 PM

Lane,

Thanks for all the answers. I appreciate your quick response. Our club has a flier, but I was trying to get things all straight with the misses as well as family who are driving over.

Originally Posted By: Benelli
Just curious...you really drive from Pitt over to Parsons on Friday night just to weigh in?? I know it's only 30 min, but why not just weigh in Saturday morn.? Just curious.

As far as your question, there are two answers.
1) Ernesto's mexican restearant Friday night! You can weigh in and then go pig out at the restearant!

2) If for some reason a child is a little heavy, a quick few laps around the gymn or some workout at home could help make weight the next morning. But we mostly go over for food the night before! My son is usually a few pounds under his weight so we don't worry about the weight.

Re: Parsons Tournament - 01/15/09 08:33 PM

Originally Posted By: SEKMan

[1) Ernesto's mexican restearant Friday night! You can weigh in and then go pig out at the restearant!

Makes sense to me. wink I wish I had that kinda time!! I'm only 30 minutes away also, but I get to spend my Friday nights at basketball games.
Posted By: 4thekids

Re: Parsons Tournament - 01/16/09 03:01 PM

Are there brackets posted that we can look at? Someone told me that they were posted online. If so could where can I find them?
Thanks!
Posted By: dragonmom

Re: Parsons Tournament - 01/16/09 04:18 PM

I have not found them posted anywhere.

Re: Parsons Tournament - 01/18/09 08:59 PM

Must say we enjoyed the tournament. It started about 50 minutes late, but I'm guessing this was due to bracket changes. I know this can be unforseen problem when changes are made. Refs were good and we were on the road home by 2:30 even after four matches numbering up to 130. Thanks again!

P.S. Ernesto's was awesome as well laugh

Re: Parsons Tournament - 01/19/09 03:40 AM

Thank you, I know we got a late start, sorry about that, yes bracket changes are always unforseen. This year we also have alot of new parents, we got a little spoiled having our tournaments at the college, as the college wrestlers always worked the tables. We had to teach the parents how to work the tables, and I think they did a wonderful job. What did you think about the facility?

Re: Parsons Tournament - 01/19/09 01:22 PM

Never attended at the College, but the High School was CROWDED!!! I can't imagine hvaing much more room for any more wrestlers.

Table workers did fine as far as I could tell.
Good tournament overall though! We'll be back.

Re: Parsons Tournament - 01/19/09 09:12 PM

This was our first year over there so I can't compare, but I had a few experienced parents saying they wish it was split at two places or something. Something like have the older kids at one spot and the younger ones at the high school. I thought the new facility was very nice. It was a little crowded, but not to bad. Table workers were good. Enjoyed it overall. The Pittsburg tournement is coming up, hope you all can make it.
Posted By: MnMMom

Re: Parsons Tournament - 01/20/09 11:03 PM

We have been to both the college and at the high school this year and I think it was a lot better!! You did a great job and I loved the way the kids got a lot of mat time. Bravo!! Great job!

Re: Parsons Tournament - 01/21/09 01:32 AM

Thank you all for your comments, its great to know what people think, so we can made changes.

SEKMan-we will be bringing some to pittsburg and some will be going to Caney. My son is in his 8th year and has wrestled at the pittsburg tournment every year he has wrestled, so we will def. be there. Last year there was some boys from the state of Arkansas, do you happen to know if they our coming back to your tournament this year?

Re: Parsons Tournament - 01/21/09 09:32 PM

I don't know since I'm only a parent, but I'm sure the coach will be able to provide entries closer to time. Look forward to see you guys.

Are you going to Columbus or Fort Scott next weekend?
Posted By: lateral drop

Re: Parsons Tournament - 01/21/09 09:51 PM

Columbus will have kids from Ark,Mo,Okla,Kan........we re going to both.... Columbus&Ft.Scott

Re: Parsons Tournament - 01/21/09 11:24 PM

we will have kids at the columbus tournament, we personnaly are going to Salina.

Re: Parsons Tournament - 01/21/09 11:27 PM

We are taking kids to columbus and Ft. Scott. We personally will be going to Salina.
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums