Kansas Wrestling

Osawatomie Results???

Posted By: GARY

Osawatomie Results??? - 02/01/09 03:55 AM

Does anyone have results for the Osawatomie Tournament. Thanks
Posted By: wrestlingparents

Re: Osawatomie Results??? - 02/01/09 03:37 PM

All I can remember from yesterday is it was a LONG day....11 hours....
Posted By: HSwrestler28

Re: Osawatomie Results??? - 02/01/09 07:51 PM

i know there was some bad reffin in the 112 finals match and they called breen for stalling when the other kid was stallin so he got beat by a blue springs kid named haggerty
Posted By: BVWJAGS

Re: Osawatomie Results??? - 02/01/09 08:01 PM

Overall probably some of the poorest refereed matches I have seen on the high school level across the board for many of the competitors. Many coaching discussions over scores and calls. Impacted and changed several bouts.
Posted By: all boys

Re: Osawatomie Results??? - 02/01/09 08:09 PM

Why they wrestle out to 8th place in 12 team tourament is a great question?
Posted By: fanatic

Re: Osawatomie Results??? - 02/01/09 08:14 PM

How about posting some results instead of complaining about the referees. I assume the calls were consistently bad all day.

Re: Osawatomie Results??? - 02/01/09 08:14 PM

Originally Posted By: all boys

And then only gave out medals to the top 4 placers.....
Posted By: rjohnson

Re: Osawatomie Results??? - 02/01/09 08:17 PM

To help sell over priced conessions at a reduced rate later in the day - or maybe from the above statement about the ref's so that they can get more practice - Just joking

RJohnson

Re: Osawatomie Results??? - 02/01/09 08:17 PM

Originally Posted By: all boys

I imagine they wanted to get the kids as many matches as possible.
Posted By: Bodhi Wallace

Re: Osawatomie Results??? - 02/01/09 11:25 PM

i know what some of the trojans got...

1st placers---Wallace
2ed placers---Dunn and Grimes
3ed placers---Shay, Miller, Switzer, and Wilson
4th placers---Johnson and Hunke

in all the team scored----154 points and placed 3ed

Re: Osawatomie Results??? - 02/01/09 11:41 PM

Did Blue Springs win it? I know they are loaded.
Posted By: BVWJAGS

Re: Osawatomie Results??? - 02/02/09 02:32 AM

Blue Springs won it followed by Blue Valley West, Osawatomie third.

Re: Osawatomie Results??? - 02/02/09 03:02 AM

What I remembered....

152-Grant Olathe North over Blue Valley West
171 Blue Springs over Blazevic Olathe North
215 Blue Springs over Johnson Jayhawk Linn
Hwt Vincent Olathe North over Blue Springs
Posted By: Coach Bloodgood

Re: Osawatomie Results??? - 02/02/09 02:05 PM

1- Blue Springs 265.5 (8 Champions
2- Blue Valley West 193 (0 Champions)
3- Osawatomie 154 (1 Champion)
4- Olathe North 153 (2 champions)
5- Knob Noster 125 (1 Champion)
6- Washburn Rural 115.5 (1 Champion)
7- Olathe Northwest 78.5
8- Ottawa 77
9- Wellsville 76.5 (1 Champion)
10-Anderson County 69
11- Ruskin 43
12-Jayhawk Linn 27
13-Osawatomie JV 25
14- Central Heights 5
15- Team x -5

103 Bohdi Wallace (Oz)
Steven Sweeney (Ott)
Geoff Wright (BVW)
Franciso Mora (ONW)

112 Greg Hagerty (BS)
Jeremeiah Breen (WV)
Kevin O'Grady (BVW)
Austin Haugh (ONW)

119 Kirk Luzano (KN)
Zach Hoehn (WV)
Josh Neal (ON)
Conner Grantham (BVW)

125 Aaron Patton (WV)
Roman Vega (KN)
Westin Shay (OZ)
Jerry Wassel (BVW)

130 Daniel Barker (WR)
Montana Dunn (OZ)
Chris Nichols (BS)
Justin Erker (BVW)

135 Luke Greco (BS)
Sean French(BVW)
Sheldon Miller (OZ)
Brant Johnson (OZ JV)

140 Tyler Thompson (BS)
Ryan Jaloweic (BVW)
Zach McKenzie (KN)
Dakota Hunke (OZ)

145 Josh Howk (BS)
Conner Middleton (ONW)
Chris Cover (OTT)
Tom Dehart (BVW)

152 Eric Grant (ON)
Mike Arend (BVW)
Bryan Switzer (OZ)
John Pressgrove (WR)

160 John Butner (BS)
Dalton Stanley (WR)
William Wilson (OZ)
Max Hopkins (AC)

171 Derrick Sanders (BS)
David Blazevic (ON)
Ted Padek (BVW)
Joseph Wittman (AC)

189 Lewis Foutz (BS)
Zach Grimes (OS)
Luke Morgan (KN)
Pat McCann (BVW)

215 Bill Foutz (BS)
Alan Johnson (JL)
Jake Carroll (ON)
Tyler Bullis (BVW)

HWT Lucas Vincent (ON)
Drew Kerber (BS)
Anthony Duncan (RK)
Travis Tuiloma (WR)

The tournament scores will be updated later when I get a copy to Brett Kramer.

Re: Osawatomie Results??? - 02/02/09 02:51 PM

Why we wrestle out to 8th place. We try to get every wrestler as many matches a possible. If you are going to build a program you must get your kids mat time. I have wrestled out to 8th place the last four years and all of our coaches appreciate it every year. I take offense from the negative comments about the tournament. The officiating from one official is all that I can see was wrong. We did wrestle for a long time, but we only took a 30 minute lunch break. We want a tournament for all kids, not just the best of the best!!!
Posted By: Mike Furches

Re: Osawatomie Results??? - 02/02/09 03:07 PM

How about some details on the 119 Kirk Luzano (KN) Zach Hoehn (WV) match. Both are exceptionally good wrestlers and imho Zach should be ranked in Kansas, if this match was close in any way, it goes to prove the point as Kirk is as solid as they get.
Posted By: Kramer

Re: Osawatomie Results??? - 02/02/09 03:10 PM

OZ results are now posted with scores of final matches, and Luzano pinned Hoehn in the first period

Re: Osawatomie Results??? - 02/02/09 04:08 PM

I can understand you want to build a program with mat time, but how many coin flips can you have to decide who wins a match with Kansas rules only letting a wrestler get in 5 matches in one day. The outcome of you tourament shouldn't be decided by a coin flip.

Re: Osawatomie Results??? - 02/02/09 04:18 PM

Obviously you were not there. We had 1 match for 3rd/4th and 2 matches for 5th/6th that ran into the 5 match limit. We did not have any coin flips we split points. It is about the kids getting matches.
Posted By: Chief Renegade

Re: Osawatomie Results??? - 02/02/09 04:26 PM

According to Bowden, you can't split points. The wrestler with the 6th match can't score any more points.

Re: Osawatomie Results??? - 02/02/09 05:03 PM

Coach yes I was there and waited 8 hours between matches to watch my son wrestle. If you want to get your team mat time maybe change format to a dual tourament and make it 6 teams. Coach I wish you and your program the best, but if you can't take input how can you build the program you truly want. If it for all kids and not just for the best most good programs try and find ways to get better. I hope you and the program develope into a good one, but as we tell the kids you have work hard to get better.

Re: Osawatomie Results??? - 02/02/09 05:31 PM

All Boys, I regret that you feel so negative about the tournament. I try and run a tournament for all classes and a first class tournament. We have a wide range of schools from Blue Springs (school pop 1500??) to a school of Central Heights (school population of 180). I did ask coaches before the tournament about how many places we should wrestle out to. They, by majority vote chose to wrestle these matches. I do tell my kids to work hard and they do. I will take critism for when it applies, but when it comes to getting kids matches and mat time I will defend that fact.
Posted By: Matt Jones

Re: Osawatomie Results??? - 02/02/09 05:52 PM

I think the tournament was well run and we had kids get matches when they normally would not. Yes, it was a long day but I think Coach Bloodgood ran a good meet.

Coach Jones
Posted By: Coach Packard

Re: Osawatomie Results??? - 02/03/09 03:43 PM

Don't let the "dual format" fool ya...kids don't always get their 5 matches at these tournaments. We always seem to have many kids that take "opens" and they get to wrestle 2 or 3 times that day. Don't get me wrong though-I love the idea of 5 duels in a day....really brings the team aspect of our sport into focus!

Re: Osawatomie Results??? - 02/03/09 05:02 PM

There are several ways to make changes for more matches. You could pool play for 2 rounds with 12 teams then make 3 seperate brackets 1-4, 5-8, 9-12 the may only get 4 matches but most all wrestlers would get.

Re: Osawatomie Results??? - 02/03/09 06:03 PM

All boys I have helped run many tournaments and I feel like this is the best for the ones participating. I understand the different formats and I have chosen this one. Baldwin, Holton Towanda etc run the same format. If you are digusted with the way the tournament was run please relay the information to your kids head coach and if you can convince him it was a waste of your child schools time then do not have them sign the contract for next year. We run a first class tournament and I apoligize that you were not pleased.
Posted By: Mike Furches

Re: Osawatomie Results??? - 02/03/09 06:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Kramer
OZ results are now posted with scores of final matches, and Luzano pinned Hoehn in the first period

Thanks,would have liked to have seen it, I have seen both boys on the mat, and it still doesn't take anything away from Hoehn imo. Luzano is a tough kid, wrestled against my son 3X, all good close matches. I would imagine Hoehn just got caught which can happen to any wrestler. I still say Hoehn needs to be ranked overall and in his classification.
Posted By: Brian K. Patton

Re: Osawatomie Results??? - 02/04/09 11:54 AM

Mike. I too think that Hoehn should be ranked higher in the all class... When critera has been met all year. And he should be third behind Brockelman in 321a!
Posted By: Chief Renegade

Re: Osawatomie Results??? - 02/04/09 12:39 PM

Hey Brian,

Clear me up on some 119 and 125 criteria. At 119, I know that Weigel has beat Brockelman both times they have wrestled this year at Hoxie and MCL. Does Dalton Davis have current year criteria on Weigel, Brockelman or Hoehn? Also at 125, Does Aaron have any wins over Campbell?

Thanks!

- Chief
Posted By: Brian K. Patton

Re: Osawatomie Results??? - 02/05/09 04:15 PM

My bad! I forgot about Dalton Davis... I was thinking he was at 112. He will see Brockelman at Phillipsburg. And no Aaron has never wrestled Jace. My I ask what your criteria is... Maybe diffrent than mine. Head to head this year and then common,High school state,Kid state? Thanks for your time!
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums