Kansas Wrestling

5A RANKINGS

Posted By: Chief Renegade

5A RANKINGS - 11/05/10 05:18 PM

5A rankings are up!

http://www.kansaswrestling.org/
Posted By: effwhyeye

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 11/05/10 06:12 PM

So that leaves 3,2,1A last again! C'mon Brown!
Posted By: back in the day

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 11/08/10 08:25 PM

I think 5a has some weights that are going to be wide open when the fur starts to fly! The top spots seem solid but there is a lot of room for cream to rise. (Man i sound like dan rather!)

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 11/19/10 03:16 PM

I am looking for a #5 or #6 103 for 5A. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Posted By: Cowboys12

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 11/19/10 05:03 PM

Ryan Deslauries Freshman from Great Bend, Multiple time kids state placer

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 11/22/10 06:06 PM

5A Rankings are updated!

Posted By: Bvhswrestler

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 11/22/10 07:13 PM

How is Tyler Hendricskon from Blue Valley not ranked at 171

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 11/22/10 07:14 PM

Sorry Hendrickson
Posted By: Quagmire

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 11/22/10 07:31 PM

What criteria does he have over the guys that are ranked?

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 11/22/10 07:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Bvhswrestler
How is Tyler Hendricskon from Blue Valley not ranked at 171

This type of post doesn't help. Does he have criteria over those ranked? Hendrickson went 21-17 last year at 6A/160. #6 ranked Ogden went 23-15 at 171.

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 11/22/10 07:37 PM

How far did he go in the bracket compared to how far Austin went? And look at the people Tyler wrestled compared to who he wrestled. Not saying austin is not a good wrestler but Tyler has great criteria over him. Just besides his record it shows!

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 11/22/10 07:40 PM

I just want to know thats all I am not saying he is better. But just the stats and the people he wrestled show that he should atleast be considered or put up there! Thanks!!

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 11/22/10 07:41 PM

You are comparing last years 5a's 171 bracket and 6a's 160 bracket. What competition did Tyler wrestle compared to Austin?

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 11/22/10 07:45 PM

How far did he go in the bracket compared to how far Austin went? And look at the people Tyler wrestled compared to who he wrestled. Not saying austin is not a good wrestler but Tyler has great criteria over him. Just besides his record it shows!

Ogden didn't even wrestle at state. He forfeited both matches. Not sure if it was sickness or injury. Where is the great criteria?

By the way. I do have Hendrickson at #6 on my list there. So he is being considered.

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 11/22/10 07:46 PM

I am not trying to bring out an argument i just strickly wanted to know thats all. He is a good wrestler and for his work i just wanted to see credit but if none is there its fine I just was makeing a statement. But he did wrestle both of your ranked wrestlers in 6A both ranked 5th now and beat them both.

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 11/22/10 07:49 PM

It's all good. I added to my post above that Tyler was #6 at 5A/171 on my list. I have seen him wrestle plenty and he looked tough at state. Best wishes to him!

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 11/22/10 07:50 PM

Alright sounds good thanks

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 11/22/10 07:50 PM

Now your bringing up good criteria! If blue valley was still 6a then Tyler would be ranked.
Posted By: firehawk88

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 11/22/10 08:58 PM

Austin dislocated his elbow the first practice after regionals last year. That's why he didn't wrestle.

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 11/23/10 01:23 PM

Updated 11/22/10. Next scheduled KWCA ranking 12/7/10.
Posted By: Takedown44

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 11/23/10 05:02 PM

Where is Jake Mertins from Valley Center going?

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 12/07/10 08:18 PM

5A Rankings are updated!

Posted By: SuperSeriousSam

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 12/09/10 05:24 PM

He's going to KU.
Posted By: Tyson Schreiner

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 12/09/10 06:21 PM

Cole Schreiner will be going 140#'s for the remainder of the year.

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 12/09/10 06:32 PM

Thanks. I got that info last night. Just changed the All-Class.

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 12/15/10 01:45 PM

5A Rankings are updated!

http://www.kansaswrestling.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=section&id=9&Itemid=38

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 12/15/10 04:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Tyson Schreiner
Cole Schreiner will be going 140#'s for the remainder of the year.

shows 135 here and 140 in all class?
Posted By: cps51

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 12/17/10 12:53 PM

Chief,

Weldon is wrestling 215 for VC. Wrestled Heavyweight one match in Colby but he will be 215

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 12/17/10 02:01 PM

Thanks. I will change that next Tuesday.

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 12/23/10 04:49 PM

Any more results to make an update?

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 12/23/10 04:54 PM

I turned them in yesterday. I'm not sure when Kramer will post them.
Posted By: Peterson

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 12/24/10 01:48 AM

I was just looking at the updated 5A rankings and I couldn't help to notice that Parker Fields of Pittsburg was still ranked above PJ Cheney of Turner? I don't understand that because Cheney placed higher than Fields and he beat Torrez twice, and Fields lost to him. I also noticed that Beau Johnson of McPherson was ranked, but he lost to Jacob Wools of Pittsburg at the Emporia Winter Classic? Could anyone help with that?

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 12/24/10 11:24 AM

Good point on Cheney. I will change that on the next ranking. Beau Johnson recovered on the backside to finish 3rd while Wools placed 6th. I considered other 125's but Johnson had criteria over them.

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 12/24/10 06:54 PM

I always thought that it was head-to-head criteria that came first and then placing, competition, ect. I mean not to put Johnson down, he did well on the backside. But the 3rd and 4th match was a coin flip. Another thing, is Koehn coming back for Pittsburg after break? what about Jones?
Posted By: PurpleDad

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 12/24/10 09:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Peterson
I always thought that it was head-to-head criteria that came first and then placing, competition, ect. I mean not to put Johnson down, he did well on the backside. But the 3rd and 4th match was a coin flip. Another thing, is Koehn coming back for Pittsburg after break? what about Jones?

Brent Koehn should be back soon, Jones, I'd guess not yet, but that kid is really tough, I would not put anything past him coming back this year.
Posted By: Top Cat

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 12/27/10 12:43 AM

Chief,

I notice on your latest ranking you have Louis Burley moving down to 152 and ranking him at 3. I believe that is a little high. Josh Miller has wrestled him a few times(3)and has never lost to him. The last time being last year, I believe, and pinned him. Also, Louis struggled to beat the kid from Augusta in the finals at the Douglass tourny. If it wasn't for a last second takedown, which was questionable, Louis would have went overtime against him. Please take a look at it. I believe you had 1 thru 4 correct before.
Posted By: Beeson

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 12/27/10 03:04 AM

If your not #1 does it really matter where you are at?
Posted By: bug

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 12/27/10 03:09 AM

Ha you make a great point Beeson

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 12/27/10 12:44 PM

"Brent Koehn should be back soon, Jones, I'd guess not yet, but that kid is really tough, I would not put anything past him coming back this year."

I hope Brent comes back. But I wouldnt rank him second.He didnt place last year in a tough 140 bracket. He hasn't wrestled a match yet. It isnt preseason.
Posted By: ReDPloyd

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 12/27/10 02:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Beeson

I think a wrestler should strive to be the best that they can be. Not all wrestlers have the same physical abilities or wrestling resources that others have, and they may never make it to the top. I know of at least one wrestler who would love to place in the top six this year, and wouldn't care where in the top six. I would have to believe that he is not the only one.
Posted By: Top Cat

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 12/28/10 09:05 PM

Beeson,

I would agree with you. But they sometimes seed wrestlers at tournaments based upon these rankings and I don't believe the 152 weight is correct. Louis has never beaten Josh.
Posted By: HEADUP

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 12/28/10 10:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Beeson

can't really believe that chad beeson is commenting on a ranking thread. come on beeson ranking don't mean anything, the only thing that matters is who's standing at the top of the podium, who's medal is made of gold, who' holding the bracket. are you getting soft beeson?

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 12/29/10 03:14 AM

Originally Posted By: back in the day

I hope Brent comes back. But I wouldnt rank him second.He didnt place last year in a tough 140 bracket. He hasn't wrestled a match yet. It isnt preseason.

In my opinion he is better than Hinckley, Keehn and Ellison. We will see soon enough.
Posted By: wizboom

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 12/30/10 12:18 AM

Ogden was hurt in regionals and didn't wrestle in State.

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 12/31/10 01:05 PM

Good dual coming up on Wednesday between Lansing and Gardner Edgerton 5:00pm SMNW will also be wrestling that evening.

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 12/31/10 01:38 PM

Good dual coming up on Wednesday between Lansing and Gardner Edgerton 5:00pm SMNW will also be wrestling that evening.

That will be good. Lansing is much more of a tournament team but will definitely show up. Tell your 215 to tighten his shoelaces. Lansing has a tough one making his season debut!

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 12/31/10 04:31 PM

Lansing is a great tournament team. Which would makes a dual state championshp much more interesting.

I am sure pacheco will be ready to do battle whom ever takes the mat. It will be a good dual. Happy new year all

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 01/05/11 12:04 AM

When will these be updated again?

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 01/05/11 12:29 AM

On Tuesday, January 11th.
Posted By: wrestle nuts

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 01/07/11 05:19 PM

I see Maki wrestled 130 last night do anyone know if he is going back to 125.
Posted By: sportsfan02

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 01/07/11 05:22 PM

I would never take into consideration what a kid wrestles in a dual for weight. That could have been simply a coach bumping him up to try to win the dual. Why they even keep team scores in this "individual sport" is beyond me!

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 01/07/11 06:22 PM

Not sure I understand your comment Sporto? Are you just being a troll and trying to stir something up?

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 01/07/11 06:49 PM

Not sure I understand your comment Sporto? Are you just being a troll and trying to stir something up?

I think it is clear. The bump in weight could and most likely was an attempt to win the dual.
Posted By: KSwrestler103

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 01/07/11 06:55 PM

Suhr, Dryden, and Maki all made weight that morning for their weight class but then were bumped in the dual cuz our 135 moved to Argentina.

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 01/07/11 06:55 PM

that is clear - your thoughts about why keep team scores for this "individualistic" sport is the funny one.

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 01/07/11 07:11 PM

Some people don't believe team is involved in this sport.

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 01/07/11 07:13 PM

So you just practice with yourself?

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 01/07/11 07:20 PM

Originally Posted By: sportsfan02

That was never said. What was said is that wresting is by far a more individual sport than team. Don't let Will get under your skin.

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 01/07/11 07:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Chief Renegade
Originally Posted By: sportsfan02

That was never said. What was said is that wresting is by far a more individual sport than team. Don't let Will get under your skin.

I assure you, Will has never gotten under my skin!

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 01/07/11 07:26 PM

I am sorry to be so slow. Sporto thinks wrestling is both an individual and team sport - but trying to make a point against someone who thinks it is more individual he makes a comment that appears to be agreeing but really is sarcastic. And i thought there was drama on the cheerleading squad! LOL

Back to 5A rankings

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 01/12/11 05:20 PM

I just sent the 5A Rankings to Kramer. They should be up shortly!

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 01/12/11 07:19 PM

They are up now.

It is going to be exciting - Lansing is the front runner, but they are not unbeatable. The point spread from the top to the bottom is has to be close.

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 01/19/11 01:57 PM

5A rankings are updated!

http://www.kansaswrestling.org/images/docs/Results/11rankings/5arankings.pdf

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 01/19/11 02:27 PM

yikes! Pittsburg has gone down a lot. Hopefully they will pull back and have some improvement.

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 01/19/11 02:55 PM

The top 9 teams each have 5 or 6 individuals ranked. Depending on the day, any of those teams could be in the top three.

This weekend will be a great test as Lansing, Andover Central, Shawnee Heights and Gardner Edgerton will be at Holton.
Posted By: badbo

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 01/19/11 03:16 PM

Doesn't look like Lansing will be a full strength until league or regionals. Hopefully we will make a run come end of Feb. Holton tournament just keeps getting tougher each year.
Posted By: wrestle nuts

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 01/19/11 06:01 PM

I thought Newton had a good showing at TOC but no love dropped out of the rankings.

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 01/19/11 06:41 PM

Originally Posted By: wrestle nuts
I thought Newton had a good showing at TOC but no love dropped out of the rankings.

Harrison, McEachern, Johns, Archer and McConnell got edged out by Turner's Arzola, Cheney, Lohman, John, Carroll and Alcantara.
Posted By: HEADUP

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 01/20/11 10:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Peterson
yikes! Pittsburg has gone down a lot. Hopefully they will pull back and have some improvement.
the bobcat really hurt the dragons, this group of dragons have yet to "pull it all together" fingers crossed for the end of feb.
Posted By: wrestlingman1

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 01/23/11 04:37 AM

Can somebody tell me why Newton keeps dropping out of the rankings? In 5a they beat Gardner-Edgerton, Emporia, and Turner.
And the previous post about the Turner kids edging out the Newton kids is weird because Harrison pinned his turner kid, Johns majored his, and Archer teched his. No disrespect to any of those kids or teams just wondering why Newton gets no respect at all.

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 01/23/11 08:40 AM

Originally Posted By: wrestlingman1
Can somebody tell me why Newton keeps dropping out of the rankings? In 5a they beat Gardner-Edgerton, Emporia, and Turner.
And the previous post about the Turner kids edging out the Newton kids is weird because Harrison pinned his turner kid, Johns majored his, and Archer teched his. No disrespect to any of those kids or teams just wondering why Newton gets no respect at all.

In the last rankings, Turner had 6 ranked wrestler's vs. Newton's 5. Those are likely to change due to the results at BVNW. Each ranking carries a point value followed by a value assigned to the remaining unranked team members that are likely to score at the state tournament.

**Why am I up at this time with wrestling on my mind?! smile

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 01/25/11 07:25 PM

Have the 5a rankings been updated yet? I saw all the others were i was not sure if 5a was!

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 01/25/11 11:00 PM

5A Rankings are updated!

Posted By: oaw

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 01/25/11 11:03 PM

Gardner 36
Lansing 33

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 01/25/11 11:29 PM

Originally Posted By: oaw
Gardner 36
Lansing 33

These are NOT dual team rankings.

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 02/01/11 09:49 PM

5A rankings are updated!

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 02/01/11 10:31 PM

Hey Chief, Austin Haake placed higher than Tyler Dickman at the SEK Tournament, beating the kid that Dickman lost to (Justin Martinez) Haake won it and Dickman got 3rd.

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 02/02/11 01:49 PM

Team ranking processes:

I have been saying all along that the team race in 5A is closer than ever. It will come down to who shows up to wrestle their best in Feb.

At the D1 level - Iowa beats Penn State in a dual and moves up several spots.

5a GEHS beats Lansing in a dual, and Shawnee Heights in a dual, adds another wrestler in the ranking and drops a spot in team ranking.

160 Long maj decision willis at dual

Appreciate all that you do Chief!

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 02/02/11 02:50 PM

160 Long maj decision willis at dual

Willis beat Long at Holton.

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 02/02/11 03:06 PM

Long lost to Willis at Holton Tournament 6-7 Dual on the next Wednesday Long beat him by 9-0
Posted By: 3HSWrestler

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 02/02/11 05:16 PM

That's true. More importantly is that Long seem to dominate their second meeting whereas their first was pretty tight.

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 02/02/11 05:23 PM

Ahhh. Next week I will look at that again. Thanks.

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 02/02/11 05:34 PM

While you are checking Keehn has beaten Ellison MV twice.

It is ok if you miss one or two Chief!

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 02/09/11 10:10 PM

I'm curious to see what Brent Koehn will be ranked and how it will affect the team rankings. I've also been told that Jeremiah Jones will be Pittsburgs new 112 pounder. I was also curious about why Austin Winner isn't ranked. Didn't he pin the #5 ranked Andover Central kid and didn't he beat the #6 Lansing kid. He placed higher than the Gardner-Edgerton kid at the Gardner-Edgerton tournament. Can anyone help me out on this situation?
Posted By: PurpleDad

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 02/09/11 10:55 PM

I think Koehn being back is enough..ranking will come...he has only wrestled 2 matches, might have 2 more tomorrow at Parsons....He should get consideration at regionals, Bontz and Dugan will be at Ark City....will be a good bracket.

Jones did beat Fields out at 112, both good kids, too bad, but that what makes wrestling great, you win your in.

Winner not being ranked.....not sure why but, the wins over Hoy and VanDerWerf were last year and over the summer..., and at GE, Stockton was at heavyweight....Winner did finish in 2nd place at 189. Stockton was in other weight class.

Austin is finally healty and should make a run at State....ranked or not. He looked very good last night vs. Alberty of Columbus.

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 02/10/11 03:22 PM

5A rankings are updated!

Posted By: Coach Alley

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 02/11/11 03:03 AM

At 285 you have Jacob Weldon of Valley Center ranked at this weight but I believe he has only wrestled a couple of times there. I believe he wrestles at 215.
Posted By: wrestler8593

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 02/11/11 05:18 PM

Winner's win over Hoy was at regionals last year, he beat Vanderwerf at state last year. He also beat McConnell (ranked 2) at freestyle state this summer. Freestyle is not criteria for a folkstyle ranking though
Posted By: cps51

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 02/11/11 05:33 PM

Bet he tries to wrestle 285 for regionals. Hays regional is pretty stout at 215
Posted By: Kevin Howell

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 02/16/11 02:01 PM

Noticed 6A and 4A updated are 5A coming soon?

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 02/16/11 02:05 PM

I am working on them still. A bit stuck on a few weights!
Posted By: pittwrestling4

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 02/16/11 05:45 PM

dickman MV lost to Martynez of Goddard who haake beat at the same tournament. also, haake beat shoemaker of baldwin who beat dickman

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 02/16/11 06:48 PM

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 02/16/11 11:53 PM

Originally Posted By: pittwrestling4
dickman MV lost to Martynez of Goddard who haake beat at the same tournament. also, haake beat shoemaker of baldwin who beat dickman

Haake also lost to Shoemaker. I've seen both wrestlers all year long and this match-up could go either way. Dickman has 6 losses, Haake has over a dozen. I tied them up at #5 in 5A.

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 02/23/11 05:51 PM

Final 5A Pre-State Rankings!!

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 02/23/11 06:01 PM

On the rankings didnt brandon weigel move up to 171 for the state tournament and you still have him at 160
Posted By: Pittpepa

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 02/23/11 06:12 PM

It still has a February 16, 2011 date. Is this updated?
Thanks.

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 02/23/11 06:16 PM

yes i believe it was updated due to the fact that eric mason was at heavyweight now

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 02/23/11 06:22 PM

On the rankings didnt brandon weigel move up to 171 for the state tournament and you still have him at 160

I will fix that. Thanks.

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 02/23/11 06:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Pittpepa
It still has a February 16, 2011 date. Is this updated?
Thanks.

It says 2/23 on the link I posted. They are updated!

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 02/23/11 07:38 PM

When I follow the link posted, I get to 2/16/11 dated rankings. I'll try another path. Thanks.

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 02/23/11 07:41 PM

When I go directly via the KWCA site the 5A rankings are dated 2/16/11. Weird.

Re: 5A RANKINGS - 02/23/11 07:52 PM

Okay, I went to the 5A rankings & "refreshed" (reloaded) the page-it has the 2/23/11 dated rankings. I didn't realize I had to refresh the page because I had not been there previously today. Computers...
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums