Kansas Wrestling

CONGRATS TO 4 X 5A STATE CHAMPION BO PURSEL

Posted By: saffire

CONGRATS TO 4 X 5A STATE CHAMPION BO PURSEL - 02/26/12 02:38 PM

I have observed Bo Pursel from afar for several years now. It is great to see a plan and perseverance pay off. Work hard and do good things, good things will happen. Congratulations Bo. You are a CHAMPION.

You are also just a really likable young man.
Posted By: L.Geyer

Re: CONGRATS TO 4 X 5A STATE CHAMPION BO PURSEL - 02/26/12 02:42 PM

Congratulations Bo on a stellar career.
Posted By: AAA

Re: CONGRATS TO 4 X 5A STATE CHAMPION BO PURSEL - 02/26/12 03:17 PM

Always a pleasure to watch and a very humble respectful kid congrats on a great career!

Kevin Seybold
Posted By: Lindon Bontz

Re: CONGRATS TO 4 X 5A STATE CHAMPION BO PURSEL - 02/26/12 04:35 PM

Congratulations to Bo and his family!

A true Champion on so many levels.
Posted By: Travis Keal

Re: CONGRATS TO 4 X 5A STATE CHAMPION BO PURSEL - 02/26/12 04:42 PM

Congratulations Bo on a great career! You are a great young man that comes from a great family.

Coach Keal
Mill Valley
Posted By: Tommyboy

Re: CONGRATS TO 4 X 5A STATE CHAMPION BO PURSEL - 02/26/12 04:46 PM

Congrats Bo, what a class act.

Gentzler's
Posted By: firehawk88

Re: CONGRATS TO 4 X 5A STATE CHAMPION BO PURSEL - 02/26/12 04:51 PM

Congratulations, I am sure your family is proud. The underclassmen in you bracket are celebrating as well, thankful for the fact you are graduating.
Posted By: ReDPloyd

Re: CONGRATS TO 4 X 5A STATE CHAMPION BO PURSEL - 02/26/12 04:55 PM

Any four timer should be celebrated. I don't know Bo, but Bo knows Bo, and from what I have heard from others that know him, I am sure that he is a fine young man as well. Congrats.
Posted By: Doug Speer

Re: CONGRATS TO 4 X 5A STATE CHAMPION BO PURSEL - 02/26/12 05:11 PM

Congrats to Bo and his family. Hunter and I have always been huge fans.Truly one of the best Kansas wrestlers ever. Great Wrestler, Great People. Good Luck in college.
Posted By: J. Dale

Re: CONGRATS TO 4 X 5A STATE CHAMPION BO PURSEL - 02/26/12 05:39 PM

Congrats Bo. Great kid, great wrestler. Not very good at chicken sandwich eating contest, but great kid.
Posted By: shudog

Re: CONGRATS TO 4 X 5A STATE CHAMPION BO PURSEL - 02/26/12 07:59 PM

Congrats Bo on your 4th title and a great highschool career!
Posted By: Crossface King

Re: CONGRATS TO 4 X 5A STATE CHAMPION BO PURSEL - 02/26/12 08:00 PM

Congratulations on your awesome high school wrestling career. Best of luck at the next level.
Posted By: S Biddle

Re: CONGRATS TO 4 X 5A STATE CHAMPION BO PURSEL - 02/26/12 08:10 PM

Congrats Bo a on a great career.
Posted By: Paratroop

Re: CONGRATS TO 4 X 5A STATE CHAMPION BO PURSEL - 02/26/12 09:38 PM

Congratulations to Bo and his family!!!!!
Posted By: XGHSWC

Re: CONGRATS TO 4 X 5A STATE CHAMPION BO PURSEL - 02/27/12 02:28 AM

Congratulations to Bo, his family and his coaches!
Wow, what an amazing career so far.
You are a great wrestler and an awesome young man Bo.
Best wishes with the rest of your career in wrestling and life in general.
Hope to see you on the PBR some time Bo, but don't get hurt.
Posted By: Beeson

Re: CONGRATS TO 4 X 5A STATE CHAMPION BO PURSEL - 02/27/12 02:56 AM

Congratulations to Bo and his family.
Posted By: airbornevetX2

Re: CONGRATS TO 4 X 5A STATE CHAMPION BO PURSEL - 02/27/12 06:24 PM

Can't add much more than has already been said. It was awesome watching you wrestle BO for the past 4 years and you are a class act and a great young man. Stay humble and kick butt at Baker this year. Thanks to the Pursells for their insight, conversations and friendliness at all the tournaments we at Seaman shared with Lansing the past few years. Lansing coaches must be awesome if their wrestlers are any reflection of their influence. Hope Litton's elbow heals quickly!

The Pittmans
Posted By: Westfahl

Re: CONGRATS TO 4 X 5A STATE CHAMPION BO PURSEL - 02/27/12 06:30 PM

I had the great fortune (or misfortune) of coaching kids against Doug Duel, Roy Oeser, Justin Ware, the great kid from Indy whose name escapes me at this moment (age will do that to you) and Roberson (all four timers), and I got to watch Bo all four years at the Bobcat and I can say without doubt that he stacks right up there with any of them. I had more fun watching Bo than I did coaching against those vultures though for some reason, but it was all fun. I enjoyed Bo a lot out at Basehor and we gave him a fair amount of trouble there just for fun. Great kid, great family, and he worked for everything he got. You ain't done boy, have some more fun!
Posted By: KevinP

Re: CONGRATS TO 4 X 5A STATE CHAMPION BO PURSEL - 02/27/12 08:51 PM

This is my first ever post. I have never felt the urge to type anything. However, Bo & his family are humble & terrific. Thinking back to the Basehor tourney, what a fabulous testimonial to Bo the UNBELIEVABLE OVATION that errupted when he scored to win near the end of that final match. Only a consistently gracious, humble athlete could create that type of fan adulation. Although the likes of Ryan Leaf & Randy Moss have taught us that many of the most extremely talented athletes believe that they are 'entitled' to do whatever they want/whenever they want because of their talents, the people's champions are great AND humble - as Bo is.

Actually, although I am not a Lansing parent, I love to root for Lansing. Every wrestler & every parent that I have interacted with are very modest & very polite.

Congrats to the coaches at Lansing & congrats to the parents for raising such fine young men. smirk
Posted By: RedStorm

Re: CONGRATS TO 4 X 5A STATE CHAMPION BO PURSEL - 02/27/12 09:04 PM

Awesome accomplishment Bo. Cograts to you, your family and your team.
Posted By: badbo

Re: CONGRATS TO 4 X 5A STATE CHAMPION BO PURSEL - 02/27/12 10:13 PM

Thanks to everyone for the kind thoughts and words about Bo. It has been a great ride!!! Sad now to think this chapter is over. But another is set to begin.

We have gained so many close friends and great memories over the years, we will never forget this time.

Hard to believe Bo has wrestled over 1200 matches in his life, won 18 youth state titles in 3 styles, was a youth AA 23 times, and won 4 HS state titles, and what we really remember is the people, friends and great times.

I remember dinners at the Spagetti Factory in Tulsa with Seybolds, Gentzlers, and others. I remember driving to Calsbad, NM for 15 hours to wrestle in southern plains when he was 11 so he could qualify for freestyle nationals. I remember bus rides to Atlanta that almost crippled me, that Bo thought we the best part of the trip. I remember getting rental cars with "Mr. William and Denny Hensley to get to the tournament in Denver. I remember Bo weighing 99 pounds the first day of HS practice. I remember all the kids thumping the crap out of Bo at practice at Lansing, and in MO for years getting him where he is today. I remember asics socks with the logo on the inside and Rulon shoes as the only thing that he felt would bring him luck. I remember dinners after the tournaments in Tongie kids club. I remember Bo staying after practice on the last day of his HS season to work with younger kids on some moves they wanted to see. And most of all I remember how wrestling brought our entire family together for the last 12 years. Wow what a ride!! Thanks to all who have helped Bo be the person he has become.

Mike Pursel
Posted By: Larry Alley

Re: CONGRATS TO 4 X 5A STATE CHAMPION BO PURSEL - 02/28/12 02:08 PM

Now that my officiating career is over I will post on this forum,it was my pleasure to officiate Bo's final match. I have worked his mat hes for 4 years and i congratulate him and his family on a great career. I enjoyed working Lansing matches they were always well coached and well behaved on and off the mat. It was my privelage and honor to work Bo's last match and retire. Congratulations

Larry Alley
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums