Kansas Wrestling

The Metro Classic Lineups

Posted By: Westfahl

The Metro Classic Lineups - 02/27/12 11:48 AM

We have the teams picked and are waiting for a confirmation. The teams will be announced later today. We will do it here and on facebook and through the Missouri site as well. Hopefully by 3:00 p.m. today.

Ooops, 3:00 came early.

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 02/27/12 12:01 PM

These are the wrestlers that have been confirmed and are on the team. We are awaiting word on a 113lber right now and should have word on that soon, same with Missouri.

113 - Taylor Smith - Spring Hill
120 - Austin Hood – Louisburg
126 - Andrew Morgan – Baldwin
132 - Bo Pursell – Lansing
138 - Tommy Williams – St. Thomas Aquinas
145 - Rory Haug – Olathe North
152 - Trevor Hendrickson – Blue Valley
152 - Connor Middleton – Olathe Northwest
160 - Jesse LeMay – Wellsville
170 - Blaine Hill – Shawnee Mission East
182 - Reece Wright-Conklin – Lawrence
195 - Alex Stockton – Gardner
220 - Colton Bonner – Baldwin
285 - Eric Mason – St. Thomas Aquinas

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 02/27/12 12:05 PM

Missouri team just announced:

113 Still confirming
120 Jermey Krout - Winnetonka
126 Will Thomas - Lee's Summit North
132 Chad Homan - Lee's Summit North
138 Tanner Minder - Kearney
145 Greg Hegarty - Blue Springs
152 Matt Lemanowciz - Lee's Summit West
152 Josh Thomson - Odessa
160 Morgan Fitzgerald - Kearney
170 Chase Wrisinger - Oak Grove
182 Nick Gillespie - Park Hill South
195 Hashem Omari - Oak Park
220 Danny Klick - William Chrisman
285 Evan Boehm - Lee's Summit W
Posted By: BJobe

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 02/27/12 12:53 PM

Trevor Hendrickson over Mark Hobson? Really?
Posted By: Chief Renegade

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 02/27/12 01:24 PM

?
120 - Stokes
126 - Hood
Posted By: insidetie

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 02/27/12 02:05 PM

I am with Chief on this one. Morgan got 5th last year at state and won it this year. Stokes was 1st last year and 2nd this year. Hood is a lock but would be interesting to hear the reasoning behind not having stokes in the lineup. Also, Hobson is one tough kid, suprised he is not in the mix.
Posted By: ath618

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 02/27/12 02:16 PM

113lbs= Still confirming? Does that mean both teams are having trouble finding a 113lb wrestlers?
Drop 113 and add another 120
Then Chief could be happy.

Ted Huck
Posted By: RichardGFergola

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 02/27/12 02:25 PM

I would have to agree on the Stokes vs Morgan. 2x finalist and state champ vs. a 5th and state champ. Plus Stokes was at 126 this year.
Posted By: AAA

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 02/27/12 03:03 PM

If theyre only taking one guy per weight why do they have Middleton/Hendrickson @ 152?

Kevin Seybold

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 02/27/12 03:04 PM

Originally Posted By: AAA
If theyre only taking one guy per weight why do they have Middleton/Hendrickson @ 152?

Kevin Seybold

They double at a weight to have 15 matches.

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 02/27/12 03:08 PM

Thanks Chief!

Kevin Seybold
Posted By: WillyM

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 02/27/12 03:51 PM

Some good matches: My pedictions:

195: Omari Oak Park over Stockton Gardner. Omari one tough dude!!
145: Hegarty Blue Springs over Haug Olathe North
285: Bohem Lees Summit West over Mason STA. Boehm too big, too fast, to agressive.

Agree with ATH618--quit looking for a senior 113---add another 120--get Stokes in the lineup.
Posted By: back in the day

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 02/27/12 03:54 PM

Perhaps TJ Stokes just said "no,not interested".

That is the only reason I could see in him not being in the line up.
Posted By: Cokeley

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 02/27/12 04:35 PM

Is the goal for Team Kansas to win or just to showcase seniors?
Posted By: Quagmire

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 02/27/12 05:17 PM

Originally Posted By: BJobe
Trevor Hendrickson over Mark Hobson? Really?

Agreed! Mark is the better pick out of these two for sure.

I also think that Morgan is a perfect pick for 126.
Posted By: bigwillyxl

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 02/27/12 05:22 PM

I would hope the goal is to do both with the emphasis on showcasing seniors first then winning second.
Posted By: badbo

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 02/27/12 05:32 PM

I think the original intent was to showcase SR's. The goal now has at least some heavy portion to winning. It's for bragging rights, etc. I think that at it's core is good. It promotes wrestling. Look at the attendance and popularity of this event. It's awesome.

My only change would be to not allow kids to drop a weight. Kids should have to wrestle whatever weight they wrestled during the year. The extra 5 pounds (7 pounds total) was supposed to be so kids could enjoy the meet, not have to worry about weight and just have fun.

JMO, again awesome event.

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 02/28/12 03:35 AM

Taylor Smith from Spring Hill will be the 113 pounder for Kansas in the Metro Classic. Congratulations Taylor.
Posted By: clarkgriswold

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 02/28/12 03:46 AM

How can Mark Hobson be overlooked he was a state runner up this year. Is there a bias against Bonner Springs? Their heavyweight was also overlooked a couple of years ago even though he was probably the best choice.
Posted By: ChrisAH

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 02/28/12 03:56 AM

Hobson is a great kid, but I think Trever Hendrickson over Hobson for sure. Hendrickson beat the kid twice that Hobson lost to in the finals. Great choice.

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 02/28/12 04:06 AM

ChrisAH
Mark Hobson lost to Razzy Morales from Ulyses in the state finals, Where did Hendrickson even wrestle him? You stated Hendrickson beat Morales twice, i can't even find evidence that they were in the same gym this year.
Posted By: gardner2x

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 02/28/12 05:29 AM

Originally Posted By: Contrarian
Some good matches: My pedictions:

195: Omari Oak Park over Stockton Gardner. Omari one tough dude!!
145: Hegarty Blue Springs over Haug Olathe North
285: Bohem Lees Summit West over Mason STA. Boehm too big, too fast, to agressive.

Agree with ATH618--quit looking for a senior 113---add another 120--get Stokes in the lineup.

**Predictions**
Dont be so quick to count stockton out of the fight he isn't 2nd in the state for single season pins for nothing, he is nails on top. On the other hand I completely agree with getting stokes into the lineup(Morgan over stokes? Really,come on... Really?)
Posted By: DamonParker

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 02/28/12 11:48 AM

What about 106? Anything decided yet?
Posted By: Bvhswrestler

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 02/28/12 01:15 PM

You are correct they never were in the same gym together. But trever did beat the 6a runner up three times and also had a very close match with the 6a champion. The champion that is ranked above mark. which also later in the season the 6a runner up beat. All in all who ever they picked was there choice and I think rather then saying someone is way better or deserved it more we should be encouraging these young men and lift them up. Congrats to all these guys for great seasons and wish them all luck next year

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 02/28/12 02:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Bvhswrestler
You are correct they never were in the same gym together. But trever did beat the 6a runner up three times and also had a very close match with the 6a champion. The champion that is ranked above mark. which also later in the season the 6a runner up beat. All in all who ever they picked was there choice and I think rather then saying someone is way better or deserved it more we should be encouraging these young men and lift them up. Congrats to all these guys for great seasons and wish them all luck next year

Bobcat 152. Hobson placed Hendrickson did not.

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 02/28/12 02:19 PM

That is because he hurt his ankle. That is also why he missed the bvnw tourney

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 02/28/12 02:28 PM

Evidently you have never seen Omari--should have ben at the Bobcat and BIT the last 2 or 3 years.

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 02/28/12 03:17 PM

Note some changes:

We have a change at 138, the new lineup will be as follows:

132 - Bo Pursel – Lansing
138 - Christian Service - Mill Valley
152 - Trever Hendrickson – Blue Valley

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 02/28/12 03:19 PM

Pursel is misspelled above.

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 02/28/12 03:33 PM

Thanks, I have fat fingers.

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 02/28/12 03:39 PM

Hey Gary,

Why is there only 14 weights? There has always been 15 weight classes and we are leaving out a 150 win, Fargo AA. Does Missouri have a 138 pounder to wrestle Tommy Williams? Have we asked them that question?

Thanks!

- Chief
Posted By: Coach Chapman

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 02/28/12 06:08 PM

No Logan Bjorgo at 138? Was he not considered? He finished 5th at state, and season record of 36-12.

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 02/28/12 08:20 PM

That is because he hurt his ankle. That is also why he missed the bvnw tourney

Hurt or not. I still believe Hobson is a better choice than Hendrickson. Having seen them both wrestle I believe Hobson is MORE deserving. Mark had a great state tournament beating a kid who beat him earlier in the season and placing higher in his state tournament than Hendrickson did. Considering he also went to Junior Duals and Fargo last summer, he has already represented Kansas nationally and IMO is deserving of the spot over Hendrickson.

Originally Posted By: Westfahl
Note some changes:

We have a change at 138, the new lineup will be as follows:

132 - Bo Pursel – Lansing
138 - Christian Service - Mill Valley
152 - Trever Hendrickson – Blue Valley

Service over Williams?

My question is what is the criteria for picking kids to participate?
Posted By: fudge_tunnel

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 02/28/12 08:21 PM

Here is are the lineups, per missouriwrestling.com. Notice, no 113 lbr....

120- Jeremy Krout(Winnetonka) 35-11, SQ @ 126
126- Will Thomas(Lee’s Summit North) 29-14, SQ @ 132
132- Chad Homan(Lee’s Summit North) 38-9. 5th @ 138
138- Tanner Minder(Kearney) 53-3, State Champ @ 145
145- Greg Hegarty(Blue Springs) 48-1, State Champ @ 145
152- Matthew Lemanowicz(Lee’s Summit West) 52-2. 5th @ 152
152- Josh Thomson(Odessa) 48-4, State Champ @ 160
160- Morgan Fitzgerald(Kearney) 54-3, State Champ @ 170
170- Chase Wrisinger(Oak Grove) 49-3, State Champ @ 170
182- Nick Gillespie(Park Hill South) 47-8, 5th @ 195
195- Hashem Omari(Oak Park) 39-0, State Champ @ 195
220- Danny Klick(William Chrisman) 49-4, 3rd @ 220
285- Evan Boehm(Lee’s Summit West) 22-2, 2nd @ 285

120- Austin Hood(Louisburg) 40-0, State Champ @ 126
126- Andrew Morgan(Baldwin) 43-9, State Champ @ 132
132-Bo Pursell(Lansing) 44-0, State Champ @ 132 (4-time champ)
138- Christian Service - Mill Valley ( 5th @ 145 5A)
145- Rory Haug(Olathe North) 27-3, State Champ @ 145
152- Connor Middleton(Olathe Northwest) 41-1, State Champ @ 160
152- Trevor Hendrickson(Blue Valley) 35-7, 3rd @ 152
160- Jesse LeMay(Wellsville) 40-3, Runner-Up @ 170
170- Blaine Hill(Shawnee Mission East) 38-3, 3rd @ 170
182- Reece Wright-Conklin(Lawrence) 38-2, State Champ @ 182
195- Alex Stockton(Gardner) 42-5, 4th @ 195
220- Colton Bonner(Baldwin) 44-4, State Champ @ 220
285- Eric Mason(St Thomas Aquinas) 38-1, State Champ @ 285

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 02/28/12 08:23 PM

If this ^^^ is the case, here's how I see the dual going....

120 - KS by pin, 6-0
126 - KS by pin, 12-0
132 - KS by pin, 18-0
138 - MO by mdec, 18-4
145 - MO by dec, 18-7
152 - KS by dec, 21-7
152 - MO by dec, 21-10
160 - MO by mdec, 21-13
170 - MO by dec, 21-16
182 - KS by pin, 27-16
195 - MO by mdec, 27-20
220 - KS by mdec, 31-20
HWT - MO by dec, 31-23

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 02/28/12 08:24 PM

Could Pittman from Seaman make 113? He's a state placer and Smith did not qualify for state.
Posted By: back in the day

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 02/28/12 09:08 PM

Not sure why we push the weights down. Let the young men wrestle the same weights at state with the 7 lbs.

If you wrestled at 126 and won state, wrestle at 126.

It is the wrong focus for this event!

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 02/28/12 09:13 PM

I agree. But both sides do it. This was supposed to be a showcase for SR's and the weight allowance to allow them to relax and have fun at this event. Now 11 kids are dropping a weight.(7 on MO's team, and 4 on KS) This is great event, but I agree you should wrestle the weight you wrestled all year. The extra match or two that gets us to 15 weights, should be if you want to set up a mega match and both side agree to move a kid up or down. Other than that you should wrestle the weight you wrestled state at.

Either way we are thrilled to be a part of it. Bo woke up this morning at 139 pounds natural weight. So my guess is he will be giving up 10 pounds but that is the way it is.

Let's go KS!!!

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 02/28/12 09:32 PM

And i respect your opinion. Just to clarify though i did not ever once say that Hobson was not qualified. I was just irritated that people on here made it seem like a kid that had a great season. With a great record and finish. To me looked like he was being cut down as if he was not good enough. I bet they are both tough great wrestlers. And had he rept. kansas would have done and tried just has hard as hendrickson. But you can not also over look hendricksons criteria.
Posted By: Bender

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 02/28/12 09:36 PM

But you can not also over look hendricksons criteria.

What criteria does Hendrickson have over Hobson?

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 02/28/12 09:46 PM

see i do not want a fight. he was already selected and there is nothing to do about it. but for people to be on here and bad mouth a kid that did great and has a great oportunity to rep. our state. and sit here and say why this why that is just sad. your right he did not place at basehor he was hurt. and your right he did not get 2 at state. but come on seriously. he is a good wrestler and his record and his finish do speak for themselves. they show he can hold his own.

And bender you are right he does not have criteria "0ver" him but he does have good criteria. Once again beat the state runner up 3 times from 6a had a great match from the state champ from 6a who is ranked above hobson i might add. and the 6a champ lost to the runner up before the state tourney

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 02/28/12 10:19 PM

I cant believe Tommy Williams is not on the team. What criteria does Service from Mill valley have over Williams?

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 02/28/12 10:27 PM

The wrestle off is what makes this such a great sport. The best man represents his team. Fair and square. Once politics and a meeting start determining who is best then you will have this variety of opinions and erosion of solidarity.

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 02/28/12 10:28 PM

see i do not want a fight. he was already selected and there is nothing to do about it. but for people to be on here and bad mouth a kid that did great and has a great oportunity to rep. our state. and sit here and say why this why that is just sad. your right he did not place at basehor he was hurt. and your right he did not get 2 at state. but come on seriously. he is a good wrestler and his record and his finish do speak for themselves. they show he can hold his own.

And bender you are right he does not have criteria "0ver" him but he does have good criteria. Once again beat the state runner up 3 times from 6a had a great match from the state champ from 6a who is ranked above hobson i might add. and the 6a champ lost to the runner up before the state tourney

If what you are saying above is your "good criteria" then I'm sorry but you're only making things worse for Trever. If I was Coach Jobe I would be livid that Hobson did not get picked to be on the team. It does not matter that he was hurt at basehor he still did not place and Hobson did. Haug is ranked above Hobson but at least Hobson is actually ranked. Pearce is not ranked and neither is Trever. If we are trying to win this dual then why do we not have our best wrestlers on the team? If he Hendrickson does not have criteria over Hobson then why should he get the spot over him? I agree Hendrickson is a good wrestler but criteria shows that Hobson is better. Same goes for Tommy Williams. Unless Tommy said he does not want to wrestle, why would we put Service in?

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 02/28/12 10:46 PM

They are not changing who they have now. But they SHOULD add a weight to include Tommy Williams or Mark Hobson. Either add Hobson at 152 or get a real 138 pounder for Williams.

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 02/28/12 11:19 PM

Clarkgriswold
My mistake for implying the state finals. Trever beat the kid from Tonganoxie twice this season and i believe that kid beat Hobson in their league tourney. Nonetheless, both of these young men are great and tough wrestlers. The Metro is better for having either of them. Good luck to all of these young men. God bless.

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 02/28/12 11:46 PM

I cant believe Service was picked over Williams. Williams is a %a state runner up, he has wrestled at fargo and duals. How did Service get the nod? Who is picking this team? what criteria are used? It is a shame when a deserving kid like Tommy Williams gets left out.
Posted By: M.Church_AD

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 02/28/12 11:56 PM

I have a pretty good source that says that Williams declined the invite so Service was picked. Might be something to look into before getting all upset... But I am from Wichita so what do I know???
Posted By: GT Williams

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 02/29/12 12:56 AM

To avoid controversy, I will respond here. Coach Church is correct, Tommy Williams does not want to wrestle against a much heavier opponent, so he declined the invitation to wrestle 138 against a 145, who we were told is at least 15/20 pounds bigger. Tommy is now in his spring sport, and to wrestler would have been difficult from a scheduling standpoint, so we decided to let a heavier kid do it. I think Tommy is under the actual weighin weight, so he was not a big 138. We did tell the coaches if they had a smaller matchup or if one of the smaller guys dropped out to let us know, and we would reconsider. So, thanks to Coach Keal and the other coaches, and organizers, and most of all, good luck to Team Kansas!

Tom Williams
Posted By: avidfan2

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 02/29/12 03:57 AM

First off Congrats Hendrickson and to all those with strong finishes to their seasons.

But just to clear up a falsehood, he beat the 6a State Runner up twice not three times. I believe they were both toward the beginning of the season.
Posted By: Butch Drylie

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 02/29/12 04:14 AM

You have to be kidding. Bonner at 220 and not Luke Bean someone must be BLIND.

Butch Drylie
785-650-4404

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 02/29/12 04:17 AM

Im pretty sure Luke Bean doesn't live in the Kansas city metro area...
Posted By: Kale Mann

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 02/29/12 04:17 AM

Originally Posted By: Butch Drylie
You have to be kidding. Bonner at 220 and not Luke Bean someone must be BLIND.

Butch Drylie
785-650-4404

I don't think Wichita is in the Kansas City Metro area- at least not on the maps I've seen lately.
Posted By: Butch Drylie

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 02/29/12 04:29 AM

Baldwin city aint KC Metro either the last time i was there it is farther than NATHAN BUTLER.

Butch Drylie
785-650-4404

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 02/29/12 04:53 AM

Butler wont be eligible til next yr, Baldwin City is within the radius they allow.

Kevin Seybold
Posted By: gymrat

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 02/29/12 07:17 PM

You know i was wondering whether or not to even post this, but i really would have loved a heads up on not being on the team anymore. granted i dislocated my shoulder at state in the semis, but nobody told me anything. i just wish io would have been kept more in the loop.

Nick Pursel
Posted By: On_the_Mat

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/01/12 12:59 AM

Austin Veach- the class 3A -220 lbs STATE CHAMP from Doniphan West (Highland,KS) is a BEAST (ran through his State Bracket-1st period pinfall in Finals) ! ..and should be given serious consideration if another big man is needed for Team Kansas.

also Hunter Speer of Horton- 126# who gave 4 timer Shumacher a pretty solid match in the State Finals.
Posted By: usawks1

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/01/12 02:10 AM

I can assure you that Veach received heavy consideration and Hunter was amongst those left out at a loaded weight!
Posted By: michaewa

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/01/12 11:16 AM

Hey there - this is Andy from Blue Chip. Sorry to jump in here but the gang wanted to let everyone going to metro know about these shirts. If you have any questions please let me know!

Posted By: Elbow

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/01/12 11:31 PM

Clarkgriswold, and to whoever else it may concern,
Service is a tough kid and I am sure he will represent kansas well, and I can see why some would prefer Tommy, but its not cool to go on blast when you dont like the line up and to call kids out, its kind of disrespectful to those who made the team. Obviously these kids worked hard and someone saw it and deemed them worthy of wrestling for our state.

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/02/12 12:23 AM

Originally Posted By: Elbow
Clarkgriswold, and to whoever else it may concern,
Service is a tough kid and I am sure he will represent kansas well, and I can see why some would prefer Tommy, but its not cool to go on blast when you dont like the line up and to call kids out, its kind of disrespectful to those who made the team. Obviously these kids worked hard and someone saw it and deemed them worthy of wrestling for our state.

Its also disrespectful to the kids that didn't even get considered. Like Hobson for example. They should have some kind of wrestle off system.

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/02/12 12:38 AM

come one really you are going back to this. really why can you guys just not let these guys alone. they are all apart of kansas just shut up and let them wrestle. if i was a missouri guy and reading this i would think kansas was just a joke. there is nothing to do about it just complaing about it now is pathetic to me. nto to get all pissy but come on lay off of it already
Posted By: Ben Dover

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/03/12 12:04 AM

A wrestle off for this event would cause many more problems then it would solve! All you would be doing is moving the arguments down the ladder a rung or two! Why isn’t this guy or that guy in the wrestle off? I can envision the post already, “ What Is the criteria for who gets to wrestle off” Would you wrestle off every weight? If not you have another set of arguments to contend with. The fact is there will always be close calls and unfortunately hurt feelings.
Posted By: Elbow

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/03/12 08:30 AM

You do not know if they have been considered or not and Ben Dover I agree with you

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/03/12 07:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Ben Dover
A wrestle off for this event would cause many more problems then it would solve! All you would be doing is moving the arguments down the ladder a rung or two! Why isn’t this guy or that guy in the wrestle off? I can envision the post already, “ What Is the criteria for who gets to wrestle off” Would you wrestle off every weight? If not you have another set of arguments to contend with. The fact is there will always be close calls and unfortunately hurt feelings.

Obviously you would not have to wrestle off every weight because a lot of the kids in the metro area have already wrestled each other through out the year. In rare cases however, like Hobson and Hendrickson, I think it would be a good idea.

Originally Posted By: Elbow
You do not know if they have been considered or not and Ben Dover I agree with you

Clearly they did not give Hobson any real consideration otherwise he would be wrestling. How do you take a kid who took 3rd at his state tournament over a kid who took 2nd? They never wrestled but Hobson did place at the bobcat when Hendrickson did not. There is obviously a flaw in the choosing processes for some of these weights.

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/03/12 10:22 PM

This is getting too technical and too contentious. The Metro is an absolutely great event. There will always be kids who werer not selected for any of numerous reasons. I truly believe that the people who work hard to put the Metro together have only the best of intentions and intend to slight no one. The organizers have about a week following the state tournament to select and name the Kansas team. Yes, they have some good ideas of who they want for the Metro before state, but nothing is locked in. To even suggest a wrestle off borders on the ridiculous.

Contrarian--Bill Mason
Posted By: Gary Ulmer

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/06/12 03:15 AM

Bump
Posted By: ReDPloyd

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/06/12 10:40 AM

I am looking forward to watching the action tonight. Go Team Kansas!

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/06/12 11:42 AM

It's METRO CLASSIC DAY!!!!!

KANSAS! KANSAS! KANSAS!

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/06/12 01:16 PM

Good luck to all the wrestlers today. Wrestle hard, ride tough and be smart. Remember who you are repppin today. Show those missiourians (not a word ha) what kansas wrestling is all about. Good luck to all, we are all proud of you and your hard work.
Posted By: Coach Bode

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/06/12 02:28 PM

Will this year's Metro Classic be shown on Metro Sports? I'm unable to attend the event, but would love to record it if possible.

Good luck to all those participating tonight! Go Kansas!!!

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/06/12 02:45 PM

All the matches are huge, but I believe that 113 and 220 are REALLY HUGE. At first glance, I thought MO had us but after further review.......

Kansas - 29
Missouri - 27

This will be another NAIL BITER!!!
Posted By: nate

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/06/12 02:56 PM

I think they are planning on streaming it over the net. Like last night in Labette.

Can someone post the link to the live streaming if it is available?

Thanks!
Rock Chalk Jayhawk!!!
Posted By: BDRan

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/06/12 02:57 PM

What's the start time?

Also what's the order? Regular dual format or drawing the first weight?

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/06/12 03:01 PM

6:30pm start and I was told they are starting at 170 pounds.
Posted By: BDRan

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/06/12 03:04 PM

Thanks!! Lets go Blaine Hill!! Get KS Rolling!!!

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/06/12 10:00 PM

Who wearing what color tonight? Think Kansas has traditionally been in red. Don't want to be at risk by being out of uniform or color combo.

Hurry, I am leaving in 15 minutes so I can get a ring side seat.
Posted By: dogofthetemple

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/06/12 10:52 PM

Will there be a webcast?

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/07/12 12:25 AM

Blaine Hill with a decision 7-0. KS 3 - MO 0

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/07/12 12:26 AM

Lawrence Lions Reece Conklin destroys his counterpart 13 - 3
KS 7 - MO 0

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/07/12 12:28 AM

Stockton loses a tough decision 2 to 5. MO on the board. KS 7 - MO 3

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/07/12 12:30 AM

Bonner in a dog fight!! Tied in the 3rd period!

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/07/12 12:32 AM

Baldwin's Bonner over Klick 5-2! KS with another W!

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/07/12 12:33 AM

Mason up next.

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/07/12 12:36 AM

Mason on the wood floor!! Penalty assessed, 1-0 Eric.

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/07/12 12:37 AM

Mason looks small!

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/07/12 12:38 AM

Mason was outhossed. Lost by a fall. 10-9 KS

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/07/12 12:44 AM

Taylor Smith, Spring Hill, down 3-1.

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/07/12 12:45 AM

All tied up 3-3!!

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/07/12 12:46 AM

Dang! Lost 3-4. MO 12 - KS 10

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/07/12 12:47 AM

3xer and Fargo National Champ, Austin Hood up next! We need a fall!

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/07/12 12:51 AM

Sometimes you get what you wish for...Hood with a pin! KS 16- MO 12
Posted By: Gable Fan

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/07/12 01:04 AM

Thanks for the updates, Will.

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/07/12 01:11 AM

Terry Hilton on the whistle for Kansas tonight.

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/07/12 01:12 AM

Baldwin's Morgan in a real scrap. 0-0 after 2 periods.

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/07/12 01:15 AM

Morgan wins 2-1. KS 19 - Mo 12

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/07/12 01:15 AM

The only 4xer on the mat tonigh, Bo Pursel, is up next. Another pin would be nice.

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/07/12 01:36 AM

Hey Willy what happened with the updates????

Kevin Seybold

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/07/12 02:42 AM

To my recollection
7-6 Pursel wins KS 22- 12 MO
10-0 Service loses a hard fought match 22-16
11- 5 Hegarty over haug 22-19
3-2 Connor Middleton wins on a late takedown 25-19
4-3 Hendrickson loses on a late takedown 25-22
5-2 Jesse Lemay Loses Tied 25-25
Equal on wins, pins, and majors. (no tech falls) Someone know the tie-breaker?
Posted By: Jeremy Roberts

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/07/12 02:48 AM

team point penalties
match point penalties for unsportsmanlike
won the most matches
most falls, defaults, forfiets, DQ
most tech
most major
greater number of first points scored (match points)
great numver of points for near falls
great number of takedowns

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/07/12 02:51 AM

25-25 at the end of wrestling. Kansas gets ????? a one point tie breaker to win 26 to 25. Would just as soon it had stayed 25-25.

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/07/12 02:53 AM

Well Eric Mason got a point for getting thrown off the mat, does this give the win to kansas?
Posted By: Ben Dover

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/07/12 02:57 AM

Originally Posted By: Cokeley
The only 4xer on the mat tonigh, Bo Pursel, is up next. Another pin would be nice.

I believe there may have been one

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/07/12 03:02 AM

Baldwin's Bonner over Klick 5-2! KS with another W!

One of my favorite matches of the night. That was probably the most entertaining 220 pound match that I saw this year.

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/07/12 03:05 AM

Mason looks small!

Boehm makes a lot of 285 pound wrestlers look small, if not all of them.

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/07/12 03:08 AM

Originally Posted By: Ben Dover

I believe there may have been one

Shhhhhh!

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/07/12 03:12 AM

Originally Posted By: AAA
Hey Willy what happened with the updates????

Kevin Seybold

Someone is probably still trying to get Will to respond with smelling salts after the Pursel match. That match almost ended in a bad way for Team Kansas. Give Pursel a lot of credit for fighting as hard as he did the last 40+ seconds.
Posted By: Kainisable

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/07/12 03:26 AM

I was curious when they'll be showing this on Metro Sports. Any idea date and time? Is there also a link to the broadcast online?

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/07/12 05:25 AM

I think they said Thursday evening and again Friday night at 11 pm!
Posted By: Kainisable

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/07/12 06:14 AM

Thanks Randy. I'll be sure to check it out.

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/07/12 07:07 AM

The match will air on Metro Sports at 7:00 pm on thursday and 11:00 pm on Friday.
Posted By: smokeycabin

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/07/12 11:51 AM

Another great job by the Metro Classic Volunteers! Congratulations to the student athletes receiving the Wicina awards. Good work by both teams and coaches. Thank you to the Hodges and Elvin Families.
Posted By: smokeycabin

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/07/12 12:07 PM

A couple of other guys that wrestled in the Metro Classic in 2007, 2009 - 2010 that are active wrestling in college:

Parker Madl Blue Valley (2010) - Is at Oklahoma

Colin Wittmeyer Platte County (2009) - Is at USMA - West Point

Jed Mamie - Saint Thomas Aquinas (2007) - Is at Lindenwood

There could be others - I was just glancing through the program and noticed a few guys.

Found a few more guys

David Lalo - Olathe East (2009) - Is at Harvard

Colin Hase - Silver Lake - (2008) - Is at Ft Hays

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/07/12 01:57 PM

Another Classic last night!!!!

I have to say that I appreciated the readiness of our Kansas team. Congrats to the coaches for their preparation. In spite of all the talk about selections, those that were mentioned battled!

170 - Blaine Hill started us off with a typical all controlling 7-0 win. I can't tell you how many times I've seen this kid dominate from whistle to whistle. He did it again vs. a 49-3 state champion that he made look entirely average. Blaine just started wrestling in 9th grade and has a huge upside at the next level!

182 - Reese put another show on. I am always afraid to text or look away during his matches, dare I miss an incredible crowd pleasing throw. His taller opponent wrestled at a higher weight for Park Hill South this year and can't be faulted for "only" losing 13-3 to one of our all-time KS elite.

195 - Alex Stockton did his job! He was up against the undefeated Newman signee, Hashem Omari, a 156 career winner from Oak Park. The guy has an almost unstoppable front headlock attack and the nails tough Stockton lost a 5-2 decision, robbing MO of their lofty expectations at this weight.

220 - One of the most exciting matches of the night. Colton Bonner, sporting the trademark tattoo and blond hair, got into a bear hug extravaganza in a match featuring two 40+ match winners. There were at least 4 awesome scrambles, which you don't normally associate with this upper weight. Bonner pulled out a critical 5-2 win.

285 - Missouri's Evan Boehm is a mountain. He is 141-12 on his career and heading to MU as one of their top Offensive line recruits. His legs were as large as my stomach and our own 2X State champion had his work cut out for him. In the early going Eric worked his trademark two on one series and hung in there with the hulk, doing a great job at one point to avoid back points. Although the match ended in a fall, I thought Eric came ready to wrestle and appreciated his effort.

113 - A late addition to the team, Taylor Smith from Spring Hill was evenly matched up with another 35 match winner in Kyle Montalto from Blue Springs South. Taylor was in on several shots and just came up short in a 4-3 loss that was competitive throughout.

120 - What can you say about Austin Hood? The kid is arguably the best we have in Kansas. With a 150-13 career record and a storage shed full of hardware, we all smelled pin points and that's exactly what we got. I'm gonna miss that kid. Austin, "We gotta have you in OKC on the Junior Team"!

126 - Andrew Morgan had an incredible year. We all knew he was talented his first three years and was fun to watch. This year he put it all together, won 43 matches and a State Title. I think the Fargo success catipulted this kid to a new level. His opponent was a stealth 29-12 SQ who was very stingy. We needed this 2-1 win!

132 - Bo Pursel, our rare air 4X champ, was on cruise control up 7-1 (should have been 10-1) and the great equalizer happened. A cradle that was tighter than a 2 dollar steak. Thank you Bo for fighting through that disaster and pulling out the 7-6 win.

138 - Christian Service came to wrestle and was not intimidated by the 187 match winner from Kearney. At one point he had the KS faithful on their feet with potential back points. He lost a 10-1 decision but his effort was appreciated.

145 - Rory Haug had some great scrambles and should not be disappointed by an 11-5 loss to a kid like 152 match winner and 2X state champ Greg Hegarty. Rory's an awesome kid and his state title this year was a welcome site and a just reward for years of hard work.

152 - We are now used to Connor Middleton's close matches. This one ended as predictable as the other 169 wins of his. He won...
Baker got themselves a gem with this kid. Solid, solid, solid.

152 - I have got to hand it to Trevor Hendrickson. In spite of the chatter during the week, the kid laid it all on the mat, tying the match with 30 seconds to go before giving up a TD in the last 10 seconds to a 52-2 Lees Summit West kid. Nice work Trevor!

160 - Jesse LeMay is flat out fun to watch. I've watched this athletic kid from when he was a squirt in kids, turning into a beast in HS. His opponent, Morgan Fitzgerald was a 176 match winner that expected bonus points that would have won the dual for MO, being down by three going into the final match. LeMay gutted out a very close loss that preserved the VICTORY over Missouri.

We were biting our nails at the TIED final score after seeing that we had both won 7 matches, both had one pin each and both had one major decision each. The tiebreaker came down to the Unsportsmanlike call against the MO HWT against Mason.

Kansas closed the gap in the All-Time series to 12-8 in Mo's favor. CONGRATS TO THE KANSAS METRO CLASSIC TEAM!!!!!
Posted By: PurpleDad

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/07/12 02:13 PM

Videos...

http://missouriwrestling.com/2012-mokan.php
Posted By: C. Morgan

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/07/12 02:50 PM

Newspaper coverage from last nights dual by the Independence/Blue Springs Examiner.

http://www.examiner.net/sports/x587878603/Top-seniors-from-Missouri-Kansas-square-off?img=3

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/07/12 05:58 PM

Great report Eric! My other duties will steal a bit too much time to give the Metro report the effort it deserves!!

Great night of wrestling!!!
Posted By: powercat1

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/07/12 09:07 PM

From the missery boards: "Kansas is very lucky we didnt have all of missouri in our dual we should have something like that our best verse their best..they would have nothing to talk about we had 5 kids with a 5th place finish or lower and one of them had their 4 timer stuck not once not twice but THREE times"
Posted By: firehawk88

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/07/12 09:15 PM

Woulda, coulda, shoulda, BUT didn't!

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/07/12 10:10 PM

Originally Posted By: PurpleDad

Great link, thanks. For anyone who did not attend this event live, beware that one of the videos has Tommy Williams vs Minder from Kearney. I believe that is Christian Service from Mill Valley.

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/07/12 10:15 PM

Originally Posted By: powercat1
From the missery boards: "Kansas is very lucky we didnt have all of missouri in our dual we should have something like that our best verse their best..they would have nothing to talk about we had 5 kids with a 5th place finish or lower and one of them had their 4 timer stuck not once not twice but THREE times"

That would be the MOKAN State Classic, which I don't believe exists. This was the Metro Classic. For those Missouri fans that don't know what Metro stands for, they probably shouldn't be posting on any wrestling forums.

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/07/12 10:21 PM

Originally Posted By: ReDPloyd
Originally Posted By: powercat1

That would be the MOKAN State Classic (not to be confused with the MoKan Classic at Labette CC).

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/08/12 01:22 AM

Interesting how the 2 sides of the gym saw things different. The south side (Kansas) saw 3 or 6 back points not awarded to Pursell. That would have taken the score to 10-1, or even 13-1; a major and possibly a cruise to a Tech. Refs faiure to award the back points, very clearly seen as earned by the crowd in the south stand, I think caused Pursel to pursue more points at some risk. The MO kid did have a very, very tight cradle. The north side crowd (Missery fans) thought the saw a pin or two. Now us folks on the south side had a clear, unostrructed view of the action and there clearly was no pin. Great job by Pursel to keep moving.

Missery should thank their all state footbal player and 285 champ for his unsportsmanlike conduct, which gave the Kansas boys a penalty point and the evening. Thank you from Kansas. Best of luck--you will need it in the Se Conference.!

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/08/12 01:47 AM

Now us folks on the south side had a clear, unostrructed view of the action and there clearly was no pin. Great job by Pursel to keep moving.

Funny.........we had the same view on the north side, and he was clearly pinned. A few times. To a 1x 5th place finisher. You're little 4x-er would have been a 0x-er in MO.
Posted By: firehawk88

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/08/12 01:59 AM

Somebody sounds bitter!
Posted By: powercat1

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/08/12 02:01 AM

Well fudge tunnel, all I have to say is Metro Classic Team KS 26 Team MO 25 and MoKan classic Team KS 54
Team MO 8, for a combined score of......Drum roll please.....Team KS 80 Team MO 33

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/08/12 02:02 AM

Fudge, what you may not be aware of is Pursel spent the last 5 yrs of his kids career and still does train often with the vaunted Park Hill program! Keck, Tuck, I kmow he was in the program when Waters, Dixon, Wood was all there. I doubt some of your Missouri brethren share your.opinion of Bo.

Kevin Seybold
Posted By: Brian K. Patton

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/08/12 02:02 AM

Some of us on the south west end of the gym had a good view, and it look like Pursel was stuck. and then in the 138 pounder the show-me was winning and it look like he was stuck too and went on to win. It is what it is,just are view point.

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/08/12 02:12 AM

Fudge, did you not see the 6 back points---would have made for a differeny match--a no risk cruise to a major and maybe even a tech fall.

Have you called your heavy weight and thanked him for us for his poor sportsmanship and our one point tie breaker.

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/08/12 02:18 AM

fudge tunnel, you might consider changing your name.

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/08/12 02:35 AM

Well four timers have been pinned before in this deal. Kid from Belton got stuck by Charles Chaney at 215 in this dual. I would wait until you see the film before being so sure that he was pinned. I have seen it ten times and he wasn't pinned any of those ten times. Funny how the refs always cause a loss huh. They didn't and they never do. Lots of good wrestlers have fallen victim to a tight cradle. Both kids did a great job and it took great effort.

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/08/12 02:41 AM

Why?

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/08/12 02:42 AM

My old buddy the "tunnel" has been around for years and doesn't mind stirring the pot! He has had his moniker for years and is well known even at the National level! I promise you, you will not offend him ... he is a pro at his craft!

My take ... it is what it is! The Missouri ref would have probably called a pin but the Missouri ref probably wouldn't have called the penalty!

Both refs, in my opionon, wear slightly jaded glasses ... and I am fine with that! There probably is no way around this. One just hopes that the calls even out over the night!

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/08/12 02:51 AM

Originally Posted By: Westfahl
Well four timers have been pinned before in this deal. Kid from Belton got stuck by Charles Chaney at 215 in this dual.

Charles Chaney pinned Josh Bozarth in '98. Josh Bozarth was a 1 time state champion. Close, though.

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/08/12 03:02 AM

Originally Posted By: fudge_tunnel

Why?

I like tunnel rat a lot more than fudge tunnel, but that is just me.

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/08/12 03:03 AM

Have you called your heavy weight and thanked him for us for his poor sportsmanship and our one point tie breaker.

Actually, I thanked him after the dual for pinning Mr. Huffy Puffy rather easily....

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/08/12 03:04 AM

Why?

You like tunnel rats? Strange.
Posted By: Bobby Bovaird

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/08/12 03:21 AM

Man, 1998 was an exciting dual! Three straight pins in the upper weights to seal it for Team Kansas -- van Hoecke, Cheney, and Gabbard (I think the guy he pinned was a two-timer from Lee's Summit).

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/08/12 03:22 AM

Thanks for the videos. I noticed that Connor Midleton was named on two matches. It was Trever Hendrickson with the Lee's Summit boy.

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/08/12 03:28 AM

Why?

You like tunnel rats? Strange.

You must not know much about Vietnam.

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/08/12 07:09 AM

Is a fudge tunnel the same as a fudge packer? If so, and f_t wrestled, did he wear a pink singlet?

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/08/12 10:33 AM

I could be wrong, my memory gets fuzzy, but I think Bozarth was a multiple state champ. I think at least three. He was 158-14 lifetime and I don't think he lost his last two or three years in high school. Like I said I might be wrong and often am but I am pretty sure he was a multiple state champ. Hey they don't kill you here for being wrong though.

I know one thing for sure, Chaney and Bozarth were two of the best 215's that we have had on the mat in this meet at the same time. They were pretty good.

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/08/12 02:23 PM

Fudge, First of all you are a coward to come on here and call out Bo and not leave your name. If you think Bo was pinned that is your right, it was sure close. But to spew the crap that Bo would not have even won 1 title in MO is crap. Bo was kicking the shit out of a kid who was alot bigger than and him and rightfully so. He was pushing for points to get his team a major and got caught in a very tight and good cradle. Hats off to the MO kid. But Bo was clearly better while giving up 10 pounds plus. And your statement about Bo not winning a title in MO. Go ask Kevin Kinney, Skyler Wood, Darick Lapaglia, Russ Coleman, about how Bo would do in MO at state. Ask them how he does against them in the room in the off season. Or ask Coachs Erneste, Hagerty, or Mayabb. Bo has nothing to prove to you.

By your logic MO's own Daniel Lewis should have never won state the last two years. He got teched by a kid who got 5th at state. He got caught in a cradle not once but 5 times. Now anybody in the know, believes Daniel deserves all he wins, he is awesome.

Mike Pursel

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/08/12 03:01 PM

Mike I will go to my grave knowing that he was not pinned and I was looking straight into it. Lots of us have gotten caught in cradles in our lives and that is no big deal. Bo is one of my favorite kids and a great high school wrestler. You are sure right, he doesn't have one thing to prove to anyone on here. He is a great one.
Posted By: Dean Welsh

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/08/12 03:26 PM

Very well said as always Mr. Pursel.

Lets see . . . hasn't Bo been an AA at Fargo several times? And, wouldn't that logical imply that he is one of the BEST in the country . . . not just one of the BEST in the two state war . . .

And, Mr. Fudge . . . why don't you wrestle Bo? I'd bet 100 bucks he'd kick your *ss pretty easy. . . I know this old man (me) sure would not want to wrestle him.

What an insult to say he wouldn't even be a one-timer in MO. That kind of cr*p needs to be taking of the board.

I guess that Roberson guy from KS who was a four timer, was also not talented and just got lucky the year he was a D-1 champ?

Grow up fudge. It is not about MO vs. KS. It is about our great sport of WRESTLING.

I was born and raised in Independence, MO. I had the 'fun' of wrestling the Park Hills, Oak Parks, Blue Springs of the KC metro area. 'Fun' in quotes because I wasn't very good and they didn't have the 15 point tech rule. Ha.

I have lived and taught in KS for the last 18 years. Quality wrestling is quality wrestling. That is one reason I enjoy some of our KS tourneys that bring in out of state teams. These tourneys also don't worry about if a kid is 4a or 5a or 3,2,1a... I like the Newton tourney. I love the B. Linwood tourney (which Bo won AGAIN this year).

It is not about Mo vs Ks in such a silly, JR HS way. Sure a 'rivalry' is fun. But it ideally should be done respectful and with good sportsmanship from all (as Mr. Pursel and many others demonstrate on this forum).

Alas though, I understand that some of us will never attain to that higher standard of life. So sad for them.

To have their state be their god. Their idol. They can't see the mountains (our great sport of wrestling) because they are blinded by the trees in their own front yard (their idolatry like 'love' for their state, at the high cost of excluding any other wrestlers not from their god-like state).

Way to go Bo! Way to go KS! Good try MO, better luck next year!
Posted By: XGHSWC

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/08/12 07:47 PM

[/quote]
Funny.........we had the same view on the north side, and he was clearly pinned. A few times. To a 1x 5th place finisher. You're little 4x-er would have been a 0x-er in MO. [/quote]

Wow, I cannot believe what I just read. Did my eyes deceive me? I sure hope so because otherwise I would think that this fudge packer character is a complete idiot and you know that I don't want to pass judgement on anyone as I am still trying to get to heaven.

I am sorry that Bo was insulted to the degree with which he was. We all know how legit Bo is, well at least anyone who knows anything knows that. Plus he is about the greatest "kid" one could ever have the pleasure of meeting.

No need for me to say anything else though as badbo, Westfahl and Welsh pretty much covered it.

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/09/12 01:22 AM

Yep, anyone that thinks any wrestler can't get caught in a good cradle is a guy that hasn't done it much. I've seen world class wrestlers get caught and pinned and it can happen to anyone and I don't care how good you are. Bo is one of the great kids I have ever known in this state and I would go to war with him any day of the week against anybody. Only a total idiot would say what that fool said. One look at his name on here tells you all you need to know about him. I would imagine even the Missouri guys think that.

By the way. I saw Shawn Garell get caught by Billy Martin and pinned in the finals of the Big 8 tourney. Eldon Zimbleman was the referee. Unlike Bo though, Shawn did not get off his back. Bo did, to his credit, and we won. They will just have to get over it.

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/09/12 01:35 AM

Originally Posted By: XGHSWC
[/quote]
Funny.........we had the same view on the north side, and he was clearly pinned. A few times. To a 1x 5th place finisher. You're little 4x-er would have been a 0x-er in MO.

Wow, I cannot believe what I just read. Did my eyes deceive me? I sure hope so because otherwise I would think that this fudge packer character is a complete idiot and you know that I don't want to pass judgement on anyone as I am still trying to get to heaven.

I am sorry that Bo was insulted to the degree with which he was. We all know how legit Bo is, well at least anyone who knows anything knows that. Plus he is about the greatest "kid" one could ever have the pleasure of meeting.

No need for me to say anything else though as badbo, Westfahl and Welsh pretty much covered it. [/quote]

Off topic but . . . you don't have to work to get to heaven. Good works merely show that you are already saved. They get no one saved. If they could, then Jesus died in vain . . . "It is FINISHED . . . I GIVE them eternal life." Not my words, Jesus'.

I know this is not a theology board so I'll leave it at that and already apologize to any that this post might offend. I just love the Gospel and couldn't pass this one up. Grin.

Look at Romans 4 verse 5 and Eph 2 (especially verses 8 and 9) if you care to learn more about this. You could PM either me or Chief if this topic truly is of interest to you.

And now . . . back to the theme of our thread. Yep. BO ROCKS in all areas!!! BIG GRIN.

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/09/12 01:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Dean Welsh
you don't have to work to get to heaven. Good works merely show that you are already saved. They get no one saved. If they could, then Jesus died in vain . . . "It is FINISHED . . . I GIVE them eternal life." Not my words, Jesus'.

Amen!
Posted By: bockman

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/09/12 02:31 AM

we kansas folks are kind of used to those on the east side of the border being bitter. when a kid is up 7-1 and they have no choice but to view it as a pin cause he was getting his arse kicked. they are like that in all sports so yes we are used to it.

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/09/12 02:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Dean Welsh
Originally Posted By: XGHSWC

No need for me to say anything else though as badbo, Westfahl and Welsh pretty much covered it. [/quote]

Off topic but . . . you don't have to work to get to heaven. Good works merely show that you are already saved. They get no one saved. If they could, then Jesus died in vain . . . "It is FINISHED . . . I GIVE them eternal life." Not my words, Jesus'.

I know this is not a theology board so I'll leave it at that and already apologize to any that this post might offend. I just love the Gospel and couldn't pass this one up. Grin.

Look at Romans 4 verse 5 and Eph 2 (especially verses 8 and 9) if you care to learn more about this. You could PM either me or Chief if this topic truly is of interest to you.

And now . . . back to the theme of our thread. Yep. BO ROCKS in all areas!!! BIG GRIN.[/quote]

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yes Welsh, I know all that. Plus Chief already reminded me in an earlier discussion.
I just like saying "I am trying to get to heaven". What I am really saying is that is something that I think about and I am concerned with doing the "right thing" and being a "good person" and I am not just going through life with no consideration for others and how I behave, etc.
My favorite rule is The Golden Rule and I know I am in already.
Maybe I should quit saying that though as it may be misunderstood and may misrepresent me.

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/09/12 03:27 PM

Yo X-Man, glad to know you already know the truth that sets you free!

Yeah, you might want to replace it with something like, "God saved me already. So, now I am going to go out and do what He created me to do. Good works!"

Or something like that.

I don't want to get all fundy and controlling. Grin. I'm sure you and God will get in all figured out in His time.

Take care BRO. Grin.

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/09/12 05:22 PM

Cool and 10-4. Grin back at you.
Posted By: Lucas Baker

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/10/12 10:28 PM

Funny you dont talk about God when you are bashing me?

And now . . . back to the theme of our thread. Yep. BO ROCKS in all areas!!! BIG GRIN.[/quote]

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yes Welsh, I know all that. Plus Chief already reminded me in an earlier discussion.
I just like saying "I am trying to get to heaven". What I am really saying is that is something that I think about and I am concerned with doing the "right thing" and being a "good person" and I am not just going through life with no consideration for others and how I behave, etc.
My favorite rule is The Golden Rule and I know I am in already.
Maybe I should quit saying that though as it may be misunderstood and may misrepresent me. [/quote]
Posted By: Bobby Bovaird

Re: The Metro Classic Lineups - 03/19/12 07:38 PM

Randy --

I found my old program from the '98 Metro Classic. You were talking about the Chaney-Bozarth match. Here's the info about Bozarth from the program: 43-0 senior record (159-14 career), 6th @ 160 in '95, 2nd @ 189 in '96, 2nd @ 215 in '97, and 1st @ 215 in '98. Not quite a multi-year state champ, but a stud nonetheless. Chaney was quoted in the KC Star as saying, "I knew he was a state champion. I didn't care if I won or lost. I just wanted to have fun." Thought you'd be interested.
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums