Kansas Wrestling

Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged

Posted By: Butch Drylie

Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/25/12 12:17 AM

The people that put this on need to look at the 220# Bracket at Kansas Kids State on Track Wrestling. They said they had the next best kid! They had more than enough time to correct this mistake before the event took place. They did not even have the next best kid come down lastnight when they had a no show. Number three ranked kid ALL CLASS in Kansas was in the big house, weighed in with wresting shoes, headgear, and singlet but was still not asked to wrestle when they had a 220# compeitor that did not show up. Western Kansas Got ROBBED again.

Butch Drylie
785-650-4404
Posted By: Chief Renegade

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/25/12 01:02 AM

Actually Butch, It had nothing to do with Western KS. There were East KS kids that got passed over. Join the club. Veach was small class, so Cash could not have been his replacement.
Posted By: Gary Seibel

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/25/12 01:05 AM

The "people" are the KWCA (coaches association) and the format is Bigs (6A, 5A) vs Smalls (4A, 321A). I'm sure it was a scramble to find a replacement on short notice that also fit the criteria to represent the Smalls.
Posted By: L.Geyer

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/25/12 01:10 AM

I dont believe it was the point of who got picked up for the replacement last night. It is the fact that the original wrestler that was wrestling did not have the criteria for large schools over Cash. And as Butch said earlier look at the kids state bracket and this shows that the next best 220 got left out.

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/25/12 01:24 AM

Originally Posted By: L.Geyer
I dont believe it was the point of who got picked up for the replacement last night. It is the fact that the original wrestler that was wrestling did not have the criteria for large schools over Cash. And as Butch said earlier look at the kids state bracket and this shows that the next best 220 got left out.

It was Butch's point that Cash could have replaced Veach, when in fact he could not have.
Posted By: doug747

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/25/12 01:27 AM

Last year, I know of at least one match that was between a small school and a small school.

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/25/12 01:29 AM

They purposely stated this year that there would be no non-scoring matches like last year. I agree with that decision. After all, it is the Big/Small dual.

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/25/12 01:30 AM

Gary I dont think you want to go there because the criteria was not followed in the first place. I posted in the previous weeks all the facts about the criteria not being followed and the answer i got was they never herd of my kid or myselsf before. I called them out on that also, one of the coaches on the selection crew was one of the 5A rankers so i know they heard of us before because they typed Cash Drylie in the rankings.

Western Kansas Robbed Again
Butch Drylie

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/25/12 01:34 AM

Originally Posted By: Butch Drylie
I know they heard of us before because they typed Cash Drylie in the rankings.

I typed Cash in the 5A rankings and was not on this committee.

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/25/12 01:36 AM

Eric please show me where the number one or number two Senior in your allclass rankings was not invited and there will be more proof that it is rigged. I would love to have more facts where criteria was not followed.

Thanks for the info
Butch Drylie
785-650-4404

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/25/12 01:42 AM

So let's settle this, and come out with the selection committee, because it is obvious, someone, did not follow criteria, or is there a set criteria? Or is this an opinion based best senior wrestler?

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/25/12 01:43 AM

Eric I know your not on this crew of coaches. That is why if you have facts where your rankings show that the criteria that was stated in a previous post from the head of the crew was not followed i will carry your message foward for all of kansas that it is rigged

Thanks
Butch Drylie
785-650-4404

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/25/12 01:44 AM

Eric please show me where the number one or number two Senior in your allclass rankings was not invited and there will be more proof that it is rigged. I would love to have more facts where criteria was not followed.

Thanks for the info
Butch Drylie
785-650-4404

There were several weights that did not match up the top kids. I don't think the committee necessarily went by my AC rankings.

Ask yourself this question. Why in the world would anyone have anything against Cash? He's a great kid! It was just an honest oversight! They couldn't very well uninvite somebody after the fact. Be realistic guys!!!

It's one thing to make a mistake, but entirely another to say they don't like a kid? Or they don't like Western Kansas? Ridiculous...

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/25/12 01:55 AM

I have not said anything about people not liking Cash, but this show case of the best seniors possible, seems to be lopsided toward eastern Kansas, I don't think anyone can argue that.

Is the selection crew for this event from different parts of the state or just one particular area?

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/25/12 01:56 AM

Eric this meeting took place after state was over with. I posted in a privious post that they must not even look at the rankings because they would have known about Cash. There is a coach that helps you with 5A rankings that was on this crew. I hope i made it clear to you now.

Butch Drylie
785-650-4404

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/25/12 02:01 AM

I have not said anything about people not liking Cash, but this show case of the best seniors possible, seems to be lopsided toward eastern Kansas, I don't think anyone can argue that.

Is the selection crew for this event from different parts of the state or just one particular area?

You can't argue that very well. Parise, Pursel, Hood, Hill and many more did not wrestle. All from Eastern Kansas. There really are more wrestlers in the Eastern half. If you made a point of having half of the wrestlers fron the West, then it WOULD be rigged!

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/25/12 02:04 AM

Eric this meeting took place after state was over with. I posted in a privious post that they must not even look at the rankings because they would have known about Cash. There is a coach that helps you with 5A rankings that was on this crew. I hope i made it clear to you now.

Butch Drylie
785-650-4404

I know Butch. The fact is that there were OTHER 6A guys that were overlooked. It's not an anti-West issue or an anti-Hays issue!

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/25/12 02:05 AM

Not if the better kid is from the west, and is not asked to wrestle. Then yes it does seem to be rigged.

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/25/12 02:06 AM

Eric i am being real. I deal with the public every day. I am involved with a service company. If we make a mistake we have to fix it no matter the cost or who it involves whats RIGHT is RIGHT.

Butch Drylie
785-650-4404

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/25/12 02:06 AM

Not if the better kid is from the west, and is not asked to wrestle. Then yes it does seem to be rigged.

But if a better kid is from the East and not asked, then it's cool?

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/25/12 02:12 AM

Eric i will tell you this if i was part of this crew and this misstake was made it would have gotten corrected. I would have made the phone calls myself. You can ask anyone that knows me i have the vegetables to admit and fix what i screw up. I will not talk behind no ones back because i will be the first one to tell it to your face. I post my phone number on all my posts to back my words. Just check around and you will find this the TRUTH.

Butch Drylie
785-650-4404

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/25/12 02:18 AM

Butch, I believe it came down to the fact that Cash and Brad had not wrestled this season. There was no criteria outside of my rankings. Last year's criteria was not used. Also, I know of at least two other guys from Eastern Kansas that got overlooked. They do not wish to have their name in this discussion.

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/25/12 02:24 AM

Eric i will not mention any names after the A$$ eating i got on slandering a kid on this topic already. BUT 4X state champion not the top kid for the spot. I dont see how you cant agree it is rigged this is your facts talking now. Criteria is being followed? Ya Right!

Butch Drylie
785-650-4404

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/25/12 02:29 AM

The bottom line is that it was NOT intentional. I believe these guys have the highest integrity. Your claim of "rigging" is way off base and slanderous.

Is it true that there was no current season criteria to put Cash above Brad?

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/25/12 02:30 AM

No that is not right either, but how many of the east Kansas kids were asked and declined? Because if Purcell and Hood were not asked the selection committee needs revamped.

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/25/12 02:37 AM

AMEN WhatS right is right look at the facts. FACTS dont lie. Trackwrestling.com Eric look back at the posts there was plenty of time to fix this problem. All it takes is a phone call, pretty easy fix. Facts dont lie

Butch Drylie
785-650-4404

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/25/12 02:40 AM

Was there current season criteria to pick Cash ahead of Brad? That's the third time I have asked that. If the answer is no, then you owe these guys an apology!

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/25/12 02:46 AM

Eric,
I agree facts are facts so therefore Brad has no criteria over Cash as well so how are these picked. And for one of the selection committee to make the comment that they have never heard of Cash, maybe it is time to re visit who IS on this committee. JMO

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/25/12 02:50 AM

The decision might have come down to something as simple as the Lawrence coach turning in a bio sheet for Brad and the Hays coach not turning one in!

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/25/12 02:52 AM

Eric i personally talked to three of them 10 days prior to this event. They were told that they made a mistake and it would be proved at kids state and it was. They were all told that when it was proved that i would make my point very clear and i was assured that they had the right wrestler picked. Facts dont lie. Was anything done to corret the mistake? I dont think so, I never recieved a phone call about it. I will not appologize. I was told the reason Cash was not picked was because they never heard of him or myself before. That is a lie and you know it. I dont understand why you are trying to cover up there mistake?

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/25/12 02:56 AM

And you making the comment on current criteria for this year doesn't make since to me, as this is how you say you rank your AC but yet you say cash doesn't have criteria but you have him ranked 3rd AC and Brad not ranked.

So what is this saying about your ranking criteria?

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/25/12 02:59 AM

I'm not trying to cover anything. If there was no bio sheet turned in for Cash, the committee would have had to have current season criteria to invite Cash unsolicited. With a lack of criteria, they went with the person who did ask to wrestle. When you contacted them after the selection, you had no criteria for them to change the selection! Sure, they should have heard of Cash before. But the facts are that there was no criteria to call Brad and tell him that he was out.

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/25/12 03:07 AM

Eric i dont think you have followed all the previous posts on this topic. The facts that im talking about does include the letter that coach Hafliger sent to them about cash. Evidently that letter you are talking about doesnot have any criteria because they still said that they never heard of cash before.

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/25/12 03:15 AM

Eric they addmitted having cashes bio sheet that included winning 5 tournaments this year. It was dicussed that they did not have an opinion on which tournaments were tougher than the other ones. Wich i agreed. But then i said i have not found where the BEST kid has near that criteria. Cash has a better record than the BEST kid. Has beaten common opponents this season. They had this information before the selection. But they still had never heard of cash or myself.

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/25/12 03:22 AM

Eric you of all people use head to head, comon opponents, and im sure alot of other things also. The President of this event posted the criteria for this event on this forum. He was called out that the criteria was not followed correctly. A panel that selects outstanding seniors for an event like this needs to do there home work before making mistakes like this. The facts are on the internet and you know where they are and they do also.
Posted By: cujo

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/25/12 02:01 PM

Let me start by saying, I do not know Cash, Butch or any of the people directly involved in this apparent oversight.
I wounder reading through all of this...Who wanted to wrestle in the event more? Cash or Butch?
It is over! Obviously it has not been a major effect for your son as i assume he is in the finals of kids state the way you are going on.
I promise you this 1 event will not (at least i hope not) affect the remainder of his life!
Good luck to Cash post High School.
Butch....let it go.
Posted By: Enetophobic

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/25/12 06:38 PM

Lets just take the highest placing seniors at 113-285 from each division and have 3 duals:

3a vs. 6a
4a vs 5a

3a vs. 4a
5a vs 6a

3a vs 5a
4a vs 6a
Posted By: Chase

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/25/12 11:02 PM

Originally Posted By: cujo
Let me start by saying, I do not know Cash, Butch or any of the people directly involved in this apparent oversight.
I wounder reading through all of this...Who wanted to wrestle in the event more? Cash or Butch?
It is over! Obviously it has not been a major effect for your son as i assume he is in the finals of kids state the way you are going on.
I promise you this 1 event will not (at least i hope not) affect the remainder of his life!
Good luck to Cash post High School.
Butch....let it go.

Thank you
Posted By: Dean Welsh

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/26/12 11:21 AM

I don't have a horse in this race . . .but I can see Butch's point. And, I think it is OK to push it.

It might be your kid (or loved one) that is screwed out of going to an event such as this next year (and all the following years to come).

If the matter is settled openly and honestly, then, most likely this most unfortunate incident will not occur again...

So, in a sense, he is not only arguing for his kid, but for all the future kids that are eligible and would like to compete in an event such as this.

It appears to me that his points are valid and that nobody has came out and said something to the effect of, "Gee Butch. You are right. I see the validity of your points. We are so sorry that we made the mistake we did. Our deepest apologies. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Now we have extra insights not to allow an incident like this to happen again in the future. Yes, we are fallible humans. But any info that others can contribute to make the selection process more fair - is good info. Thanks again Butch. And, again, our apologies."

Something wrong with that? Anybody got some humility that says something to that effect to Butch?

I imagine Butch is fully aware that nothing can be done about the snafu that occurred to his son this year. But again, maybe his bringing up the thread/argument/discussion in the first place - could help your kid, or one of your loved ones, in the future.

I appreciate your frankness, courage and logic in shining your light on this Butch.

Take care.
Posted By: HEADUP

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/26/12 11:37 AM

i only have four questions.

will someone from the selection committee please apologize to cash drylie already?

will butch drylie please accept the apology?

will butch drylie and l geyer please step up to help fix this prblem, something beyond complaints?

can we get someone from western ks on more state committees?

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/26/12 11:41 AM

With all due respect, that is funny!

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/26/12 11:43 AM

Eric you of all people use head to head, comon opponents, and im sure alot of other things also. The President of this event posted the criteria for this event on this forum. He was called out that the criteria was not followed correctly. A panel that selects outstanding seniors for an event like this needs to do there home work before making mistakes like this. The facts are on the internet and you know where they are and they do also.

1. There was no head-to head.
2. There were no commons that I have seen posted here.

Are you basing your alleged snub on my All-Class rankings only?

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/26/12 01:41 PM

Chief,
My question for you is why do you have cash ranked that high above the other wrestler, if YOU have no criteria to back this up. I think it is obvious that you are right with your rankings at this weight, but you and your backers have always said it takes criteria to be ranked above someone else. If you are saying there is no criteria, then this is telling me your AC rankings are bogus at some weights. JMO

Cuju,
And as far as wondering if this is Cash or Butch wanting to wrestle, think about your question what parent does not want what is best for his kid, especially when this show case may play part in his college opportunities, as I am sure some college coaches were watching this event.

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/26/12 02:37 PM

Chief,
My question for you is why do you have cash ranked that high above the other wrestler, if YOU have no criteria to back this up. I think it is obvious that you are right with your rankings at this weight, but you and your backers have always said it takes criteria to be ranked above someone else. If you are saying there is no criteria, then this is telling me your AC rankings are bogus at some weights. JMO

When there is a lack of clear criteria, several factors are considered. I have seen both of these guys wrestle over 20 times. Cash was instrumental on our Junior Dual team last year. When presented with a comparison of the two, I believed that Cash was the better wrestler.

With every single ranking system, there is subjectivity. Some would say my rankings were incredibly accurate, some would say they are bogus. In this case it's the former.
Posted By: ReDPloyd

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/26/12 09:11 PM

1. Alex Garcia – 12 - DC
2. Michael Lindlar – 11 - WNW
3. Nick Haug – 9 - ON
4. Jeffrey Morrow – 11 - DB
5. Jacob Wilgers – 10 - MZ
6. Garrett Girard – 10 - LAW

113 (Actual Results)
1. Michael Lindlar – 11 - WNW
2. Alex Garcia – 12 - DC
3. Nick Haug – 9 - ON
4. Jeffrey Morrow – 11 - DB
5. Armond McCray - 9 - WHT
6, Garrett Girard – 10 - LAW

I have to give you credit for this one. That was pretty close to spot on.

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/26/12 11:55 PM

Mr Welsh You are exactly right on this. There is nothing that can be done now. With this post i am batting for every seinor that works so hard to put themselves in the position to wrestle in this event in the future. I just hope posting these facts will help the crew to not pass up that kid for whatever reason cash was passed over. This is the second time that this has happened that i personally know of so i hope it never happens again. Lincon High School had a senior Dereck Vanada that pinned a kid his senior year. The crew for the senior classic picked the kid that Derek pinned to wrestle instead of Derek. The Coach Darrell Schmeidler was very upset and made it very clear that it was political back then. If this happens every year i hope more people will step up so this stops happening. That is the good that can come out of this. As for cujo and chase i hope your children never have to face the dissapointment that Cash has faced out of this. From the way i understand your posts that you would not back your child in this situation. That is very sad, i will go to bat for anyone that is ever put in this situation. Cash new that Nathan Butler was a junior and that he should have been the next best kid to wrestle in the senior classic that he decided to do kids and get more mat time in to help maintain 220 that he declined to go to the Rocky Mountain Duals. I think looking at the results of that tournament im pretty sure we would have had another Kansas Finals match. This was a bad mistake all the way around now because it looks like with the posts that Eric is making on this that Cash does not have the criteria to be good enough to make team Kansas this summer either and he was looking forward to that also. Butler at heavyweight and Cash at 220 would make Team Kansas Pretty tough at the top. Now that I have pissed everyone in the wrestling comunity off I am NOT SORRY for standing up for my son.

Butch Drylie
785-650-4404

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/27/12 12:31 AM

Headup I tried to fix this problem before i had to air all of this. I am not doing any of this behind no ones back either. I told them that if they did not fix the mistake i would air this on the high school forum and I was assured that they had the best kid that I wouldnt have to worry about that. So this is what happened because anyone that knows me I am a man of my word. If this is affending you or anyone else dont read it. This thread was posted to hurt no one just to get some wrong doings made available to the public. I dont think they thought i was serious. They said they never heard of me or my son before well they have now!

Butch Drylie
785-650-4404

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/27/12 12:53 AM

Headup I tried to fix this problem before i had to air all of this. I am not doing any of this behind no ones back either. I told them that if they did not fix the mistake i would air this on the high school forum and I was assured that they had the best kid that I wouldnt have to worry about that. So this is what happened because anyone that knows me I am a man of my word. If this is affending you or anyone else dont read it. This thread was posted to hurt no one just to get some wrong doings made available to the public. I dont think they thought i was serious. They said they never heard of me or my son before well they have now!

Butch Drylie
785-650-4404

i know you tried to get it fixed, just a little too late, by my estimation.

i truly believe that your son is owed any appology.

nothing really offends me, but i would like to see you get more involved.

i too am a man of my word, and don't mind this being the jumping off point. but understand that it's gonna take some hard work, and also understand that as much as everyone would like, YOU WILL NEVER MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY. there will always be a reason to make an argument for a different wrestler.

every year there seems to be someone that feels western ks is slighted, over many different issues. sometimes it takes more than a voice, to get things fixed.

sorry i ruffled your feathers, now maybe you understand my point. don't have a problem with your argument at all, i just hope that you can truly accept the apology (if it's offered) and move on to finish what you have started, and are serious enough to go beyond this forum, otherwise it's all a waste of time.

good luck to Cash, I made it a point to watch him twice this weekend. he is a great wrestler, and should not let things like this affect his mind set.

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/27/12 01:58 AM

This was a bad mistake all the way around now because it looks like with the posts that Eric is making on this that Cash does not have the criteria to be good enough to make team Kansas this summer either and he was looking forward to that also.

Butch Drylie
785-650-4404

Not true. I pm'd you about this.

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/27/12 02:13 AM

Headup I would love to be the president of this event. Not sure how to do it with out problems tho. This is one way. There would be a panel. They would not have the right to decide the wrestlers tho. The panel would send a reminder email to all the head high school coaches in kansas on monday morning to remind them that if they forgot to turn in a bio sheet for any of there seniors they need to have them emaied in by 5:00 pm tuesday evening. Then the panel will meet and go over all the entries.

Criteria would be as followed

Big School 6A & 5A
Small School 4A & 3-2-1A

1- All 1st place kids from 6A,5A,4A,and 3-2-1A provided they are seniors will be the first one.

2- If there is a vacant spot on the roster then the 2nd place seniors will be next on the list.

3- If there is still a vacant spot on the roster the 3rd place seniors will be next on the list.

4- If there is still a vacant spot on the roster the 4th place seniors will be next on the list.

5- If there is still a vacant spot on the roster a list of the remaining seniors bio sheets will be sent to every high school coach.
At this time we will need a vote from the coaches on who they want to fill the roster.
There will be a deadline on this and if a coach does not vote they will be contacted and have untill 5:00pm the following day to respond.
After the votes come in the panel will meet with the Head Official from each tournament present and tally the votes and the kids with the most votes will get the spot.
The seniors with the 2nd and 3rd most votes will be invited to come and be on the floor during the event.
This way there should be an alternate present to cover what happened this year.
The panel will post online a list of all coaches and beside there name it will have recieved votes or did not recieve votes. This way the kids can go back and say hey coach why did you not turn in your votes.

6- Then the 2 names for big school go in a hat and the 2 names for small school go in a hat. One name from each hat goes in the 1st match and the other name from the hats is the second match.

And YES if this was the criteria and followed correctly i would not have a leg to stand on this year.

About the only way I see to be bullet proof with out having world war three.

It might not make the most exciting matches at the senior classic tho.

Deffinatly it does not have the best facing the best.

But as i understand it has to go through the KSHSAA Right?

The other way to may be spice it up a bit would be eliminate steps 2,3,4 and go directly to step 5.

Im just trying to get all the coaches involved instead of just a chosen few.

What does every one think?

All opinions and Ideas appreciated.

Butch Drylie
785-650-4404

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/27/12 03:41 AM

I could have picked the correct matches in 20 minutes.

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/27/12 04:57 AM

Eric I understand that and they probably would be right also. Will the public accept your picks without starting a war again? Will the kwca back that also? I want the best wrestling the best at the classic in the future but i dont know how to get that done. I will do everything i can to make sure it wont happen again but who do i talk to and how is the best way to do it? Thats why i said im open for ideas.

Butch Drylie
785-650-4404
Posted By: KSwrestler103

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/27/12 05:27 AM

[quote=Butch Drylie]
The seniors with the 2nd and 3rd most votes will be invited to come and be on the floor during the event.
This way there should be an alternate present to cover what happened this year.

I dont like the 2 alternate wrestlers idea coming from a wresetlers perspective. If im cutting weight it better be to wrestle and not just sit and watch. I could do that from the stands while im fat and happy.

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/27/12 10:19 AM

Butch, I think it's a good looking proposal.

Can't compare it to what is used now, haven't seen the current system laid out. but i'm sure the people in charge work very hard to get it up and going.

The biggest contribution, in my eyes, would be the communication director. the person hounding the coaches to turn in bio sheets, and contact their wrestlers.

a standard guide for picks would help eliminate hard feelings, but like i said, there will always be an argument to be made, for someone different to be in there.
Posted By: rev randy

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/27/12 08:31 PM

Headup I would love to be the president of this event. Not sure how to do it with out problems tho. This is one way. There would be a panel. They would not have the right to decide the wrestlers tho. The panel would send a reminder email to all the head high school coaches in kansas on monday morning to remind them that if they forgot to turn in a bio sheet for any of there seniors they need to have them emaied in by 5:00 pm tuesday evening. Then the panel will meet and go over all the entries.

Hey Butch, news flash no one wants you to even be a janitor at this event let alone the president. So why don’t you just quit your whining and get on with your life. Finally, it is not that no ones heard of you it's that no one cares.

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/27/12 09:26 PM

WOW another person hiding behind a FAKE NAME, if you are going to call someone out at least have the Ba(($ to put your name. If you want to discuss this with me I am game.

And as far as news flashes read the forum rules if you are going to talk down on someone you MUST post your name.

Lance Geyer

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/27/12 11:03 PM

The name is Randy Watson and by the way was not talking to you i was talking to the other idiot.

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/27/12 11:22 PM

Randy I have never met you before but i sure would be happy to meet you and discuss this. I can not beleive there are so many people out there like you that would not stand up for the children if something like this happened to them. I deffinatly hope you are not a coach either because not backing your own wrestlers is something i dont understand either.

Butch Drylie
785-650-4404

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/27/12 11:40 PM

Butch there is a difference between defending your wrestler and feeling sorry for yourself for about a week. You are sending the wrong message to your child about life. Get over it.

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/27/12 11:50 PM

Rev I said all coments and ideas so i am just happy the Gospel is being heard. Thank You and keep up the good work.

Butch Drylie
785-650-4404
Posted By: Michael Malay

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/28/12 12:05 AM

All I can say is wow randy. U have no clue what butch has done for the hays wrestling club let alone the sport in general. Butch would be of great value to any wrestling committee because he would do what's fair and what's best for the kids.

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/28/12 12:24 AM

Randy,
I don't know who you are, and honestly don't really care who you are, but I find it funny that you come on to this thread out of nowhere and call people idiots. Butch has been a part of wrestling in Western Kansas for many years. And if you have ever been to a state kids tournament, I am sure you have seen him there, as he volunteers his time year after year to this great sport, so remember this quote next time before you start calling names.

"It is better to be quiet and ignorant than to open your mouth and remove all doubt".
Anonymous

Lance Geyer

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/28/12 12:29 AM

Well than thank the Lord your dumb @$$ is through. Amen

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/28/12 12:33 AM

This makes me laugh. And as Butch said earlier

Keep up the good work buddy.

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/28/12 12:44 AM

P.M. from L. Geyer
I am not going to get into an immature name calling act as you are trying to do, as I am not into that, but I promise you that I am a man of my word, if you want to discuss this issue you can call me at 785-650-1607. I am sure Butch would be happy to talk to you as well.

For a second I thought Pete and RePete were through.

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/28/12 12:49 AM

I was just trying to be the more mature one and get this thread back to what it was originally intended for so I went to PM, but someone else seems to have a personal need for attention, so this will be the last time I respond to rev randy.

I would like to apologize to everyone else on this thread for getting into this immature conversation with rev randy.

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/28/12 12:51 AM

Well then my purpose has been served.
Posted By: Pittpepa

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/28/12 02:16 AM

Thank goodness you guys are finished with this (I hope.) smile
Posted By: Dean Welsh

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/28/12 02:56 AM

Originally Posted By: rev randy

Hey Butch, news flash no one wants you to even be a janitor at this event let alone the president. So why don’t you just quit your winning and get on with your life. Finally, it is not that no ones heard of you it's that no one cares.

Hey rev, news flash for ya. You crack me up. Re-read what you wrote above. I don't think Butch should quit his 'WINNING'. Winning is a good thing! :-) Just because you have not experienced it rev, does not mean you should knock those that have. ;-)

Congrats Butch on your son winning state this year. Maybe the rev would like to wrestle him.

Butch would make a great President. A much better President than the rev is a writer.

I care. Go Butch and all his family!
Posted By: bighead

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/28/12 05:22 AM

Mike Church Sr. Chose these line ups by a coin toss. All of your comments and anger should be directed to him solely.

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/28/12 11:53 AM

Thanks for pointing that out Dean. I had to go change that post because Butch is defiantly not a a winner. And I guess that I can wrestle Cash if it comes down to it. I just want to go talk to Luke Bean first so he can give me tips on pinning him in under a minute.
Posted By: Flagrant

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/28/12 12:21 PM

I have been reading this thread for a few days now, and it has been heated with post off an on, but Rev Randy just become the guy who should be banned from this forum. If he is going to bash youth wrestlers on this forum, by making comments like this one, he should be banned from posting again. I do not personally know anyone involved in this, but I have watched Cash wrestle, and my money is on Cash to smash Rev's A$$. So Rev quit your whining (winning)!!!!! Nobody cares about you or your comments anymore. You have just Pi$$ed many people off with that comment.
Posted By: Wrestlerspappy

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/28/12 01:04 PM

That was definitely uncalled for!

Originally Posted By: rev randy
Thanks for pointing that out Dean. I had to go change that post because Butch is defiantly not a a winner. And I guess that I can wrestle Cash if it comes down to it. I just want to go talk to Luke Bean first so he can give me tips on pinning him in under a minute.
Posted By: RedStorm

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/28/12 01:13 PM

Rev Randy has established himself as a non-credible clown. Why would he be banned when he does such a great job on his own by offering nothing to this forum. This debate was going just fine until his idiotic personal attacks.

Clearly Butch feels there was an injustice done. He does not have to let anything go, especially when all he is seeking is the courtesy of an answer to his question, which it does not seem to have been answered, or maybe it has, I don't know.

You attcking him personally, as he defends his son, is one of the weakest efforts I have ever seen on this forum.

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/28/12 02:15 PM

I agree RedStorm you make valid points here. Thanks for the response.

I sometimes wonder why adults feel the need to call out a highschool kids, as Rev has done above, but someday he may get his wish, and it may be ugly for him.

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/28/12 02:36 PM

i think you all have been dragged into the street (ie taken the bait) by the good reverend.
Posted By: KNOWS WRESTLING

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/28/12 02:53 PM

Butch, I most certainly understand your position to fight for an injustice done to your son. With that said, at what point since the (wrong) decision was made do you stop beating a dead horse. I think it is when the outcome you've wanted doesn't occur. If your point is to make sure this doesn't happen again then we may have to see this thread forever because it will happen again. A mistake was made and they'll be made time and time again in the same type of situation. Life isn't fair. From the time the situation was a nonissue one would have thought this would have ended all this bickering. Fight the fight to accomplish your goal, if it can't be attained, move on, you've done what you can.
Posted By: Quagmire

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/28/12 04:53 PM

Rev Randy is clearly some immature high school kid and the best thing to do with an immature high school kid is ignore him and he will go away.
Posted By: BDRan

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/28/12 05:27 PM

Hey now, lets not insult the high school kids by comparing them to the reverand here.

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/28/12 06:16 PM

Now thats FUNNY

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/28/12 08:39 PM

Bighead i think your info is wrong. I have talked personally to some of the panel members and none of them used a coin toss as part of there criteria. I know Mike Church and if thats how it was done im sure he would have contacted me and said that. Cash did lose to Luke Bean twice this year. He was the better wrestler, someone has to win and some one has to lose on the mat when the wistle blows. I am sure i never said anything bad about Luke on here if i did i appologize to him and his family. I dont know where rev came up with that one. As far as the rev is concerned he is still keeping the Gospel alive.
Thanks again rev.

Butch Drylie
785-650-4404

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/28/12 09:00 PM

As for every one that thinks this is a dead horse. I have had over 50 phone calls over this thread already. 16 of those calls have been from High School coaches. They all said that they hope some good comes out of this. Talking with them thats where i came up with the idea of having some one contact the coaches to remind them to turn in there bio sheets and also they came up with idea about getting more coaches in on the vote. With having High School Coaches backing me on this also, maybe the word is getting out. If we get enough involved we can have a change for the better. I will ride it untill i get cant get back on any more. Some one once told me if you get throwed off the horse you have to get back on.

Thanks
Butch Drylie
785-650-4404
Posted By: jamesrenfro

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/29/12 02:09 PM

There are a couple of things that I would like to clarify and hopefully help put this situation to rest.

On March 23, I contacted Mr. Drylie and discussed the matter of his son not being selected for the Sr Classic. He told me the facts that made him believe why his son should have been selected. I was unaware of some of the information and I came away believing that he had many valid points. I expressed that with him but in the end, I did not believe that his criteria was enough to change the decision made by the committee. I told Mr Drylie that the committee may have made a mistake; I apologized to Mr Drylie and felt as if we were moving in the direction that we would have to agree to disagree.

The athletes were selected on a state champ basis. I need to clarify a statement first made. The kids that did not win titles, FINALISTS, were all given info sheets and asked would they be interested in wrestling in the SR Classic. Mr Drylie says his son turned one in. I never saw his son's sheet and because of this, I believed that we had the next best available athlete due to the fact that the young man from Lawrence had a sheet in the paperwork.

I believe that Mr Drylie has a valid point; he wants to make the organization better. With that being said, I have a few suggestions. JOIN THE ORGANIZATION. You can’t make a difference if all you do is complain when a situation does not turn out the way you wished. The information to join is posted on the Kansas Wrestling website. Every year at our fall clinic, we have elections. I would also like to encourage these “15 coaches that have contacted you” to put their name in the mix and run for a position. Last year I believe we had 3 open positions and had 4 people express interest in those positions.

At this time, we have a solid membership, in my opinion. It can always be better and hopefully this thread will cause a desire to join the KWCA. 37 out of 84 123A coaches belong. 31 out of 64 4A coaches belong. 17 out of 32 5A coaches belong and 11 out of 32 6A coaches belong. We have a system that definitely has some flaws, but if coaches follow the procedure, we don’t need to send out a verification email for this event. IF YOUR KID WANTS TO WRESTLE, FILL OUT THE SHEET. We have email list for all current members, but my question to you- quick off the top of your head, who is the head coach at , Whitewater?, Horton, Immaculata, Rosalia?? Etc. Will they be there next year , did they change their email address, a million different things and excuses why they did not get the notification and how the SR Classic does not do enough, Blah, Blah, Blah. Follow the procedure and there may be a few hick- ups every once in awhile, but the system is getting better and we are doing everything we can and working to get better.

Finally , Mr Drylie. As soon as I receive your membership, I have a job for you. I am making a Presidential Decision, without board approval. You now have the job of obtaining every email address of every coach in the state for the purpose of being able to contact them for the 2013 SR Classic. Please verify these addresses and get them to me as soon as possible. That way if there is a mishap again, we can say we did it your way, and it still boiled down to the committee getting the information it needed from the athlete, coach, parent, and tournament officials etc. Thank you for your time in advance and I look forward to receiving the list in the near future.
James A Renfro
jrenfro@usd447.org
Posted By: M.Church_AD

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/29/12 02:22 PM

To Start the list:

Michael Church
Wichita Heights High School
Mchurch@USD259.net
Twitter Name: @CoachChurch
#Grindin

I'm in VA Beach now.. let me know if more info is needed!
Posted By: sportsfan02

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/29/12 02:41 PM

I'm old enough to remember when the invites were delivered via carrier pigeon! One misguided youth with a bb gun and we had a BUNCH of pissed off parents.

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/29/12 02:54 PM

When these finalist get the paperwork how long do they have to turn it in. because if they are looking at wrestling for the state championship, I am sure an all star duel a month later is the last thing on their mind. I was just wondering if they have a week or so afterwards or is it something they turn in at the state tournament.

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/29/12 03:04 PM

The papers are picked up at the conclusion of the state tournament. Surely with the Semi finals done on Friday, All day Saturday, you could find 5 minutes to fill out a piece of paper that would enable you wrestle in the oldest all star dual in the state of Kansas. I was never good enough to wrestle in this event, but my little brother was and as excited as he and my family were to watch him win a state title, we and his coaches found a way to make sure he had everthing he needed turned in for the finals turned in. And if I remember correctly, an email address of at least one KWCA board member was printed on the information sheet handed out. So if you happened to miss the collection, I am confident that they could have been emailed after the tournament as well. We met for the selection in Manhattan March 4- 1 week and 1 day after the state tournament. So I guess in reality, they could have done it the following week.

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/29/12 03:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Flagrant
When these finalist get the paperwork how long do they have to turn it in. because if they are looking at wrestling for the state championship, I am sure an all star duel a month later is the last thing on their mind. I was just wondering if they have a week or so afterwards or is it something they turn in at the state tournament.

either way by the time they are a senior they need to know that Proper Planning Prevents Poor Performance.

if they wait until the week before to send out admition information to colleges, they will be sadly disappointed.

Butch, congrats on your new position, I hope you have much success.

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/29/12 09:22 PM

jamesrenfro very nice post. I will be more than happy to do this for you. As I have found out there is a big communication gap in the organization as a whole. Not just the senior calssic. I will do my best to have that list for you. Please call me as i have a few questions on this. Going forward from this point on we will work as a team not as enimies. I think we are making progress now.

Thanks
Butch Drylie
785-650-4404

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/30/12 02:07 AM

Butch, I just got home from a JH track meet and I am leaving at 3:30 am for the airport to fly out to Virginia Beach with my brother. I will call you Monday morning on my return.

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/30/12 02:35 AM

jamesrenfro very nice post. I will be more than happy to do this for you. As I have found out there is a big communication gap in the organization as a whole. Not just the senior calssic. I will do my best to have that list for you. Please call me as i have a few questions on this. Going forward from this point on we will work as a team not as enimies. I think we are making progress now.

Thanks
Butch Drylie
785-650-4404

Don't recreate the wheel. Brett Kramer has a nice e-mail list for almost every coach. Also, you guys may be over thinking this. Just look at my AC rankings next year and start inviting. If you have a question on criteria, e-mail me. This is not hard to get the best guys matched up. It will just take phone calls to gain comittments. I do it every year for other events.
Posted By: Kit Harris

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/30/12 03:56 AM

Eric does a better job than anyone I have ever known to keep up with all the results throughout the season. Even though his list is not officially a KWCA-sponsored action, it is pretty darn solid and based on good results/criteria/data from the season.

His list is at the very least a great starting point.
Posted By: M.Church_AD

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/30/12 04:23 AM

It is hard to get the best guys matched up when some of the best decline or threaten to decline invites if you pair them up against certain people. Just saying.... Yes it happens.

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/30/12 10:53 AM

Eric,
I agree it makes the most since to use your AC rankings, as these are pretty accurate most of the time. Of course everyone is not going to agree with them either, but at least there is set criteria for the list.

Michael,,
I agree with you as well that many are going to decline because they just don't want to do it, or refuse if they have to wrestling someone they don't want to. But if they are asked and they decline they have no reason to dispute who is wrestling in the event.

I am glad we are getting some ideas out there, as this is the way to keep improving this great sport.
Posted By: Gary Seibel

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/30/12 03:10 PM

The panel has always done a terrific job of selection and they strive to showcase athletes.

I wasn't aware there was room to dispute an invitation only event. Just like the Shrine Bowl, selections are made. People not invited are disappointed but it happens and it is not personal.
Posted By: Mahan

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 03/30/12 06:39 PM

Is selection criteria based on senior season only, or does the committee take into account career accomplishments?

Re: Senior Classic Is Definately Rigged - 04/04/12 06:20 PM

Jamesrenfro did you forget to give me a call? I have not heard from you yet.

Thanks
Butch Drylie
785-650-4404
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums