Kansas Wrestling

5A Rankings!

Posted By: Chief Renegade

5A Rankings! - 10/30/12 02:42 PM

The pre-season 5A KWCA rankings are posted!

http://www.kansaswrestling.org/images/docs/Rankings/5a.pdf
Posted By: KSwrestler103

Re: 5A Rankings! - 11/02/12 02:41 AM

Patrick Burrus should be ranked at 132

Re: 5A Rankings! - 11/02/12 03:28 AM

OK. He was reported at 26, but I will change that on the 11/20 update.
Posted By: Nwrestler

Re: 5A Rankings! - 11/02/12 06:58 PM

Gabriel Torres of Newton is wreslting 126lbs-Rankings
Posted By: Tommyboy

Re: 5A Rankings! - 11/05/12 01:42 PM

Lightfoot of Andover Central pinned Ortega of Goddard last year in a dual meet . Thanks

Re: 5A Rankings! - 11/05/12 05:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Tommyboy
Lightfoot of Andover Central pinned Ortega of Goddard last year in a dual meet . Thanks

It's showing that Lightfoot pinned Weatherby in that dual. Also, Ortega was at 113, Lightfoot at 120.

Re: 5A Rankings! - 11/20/12 03:21 PM

5A rankings are updated!

Posted By: Scooter

Re: 5A Rankings! - 11/20/12 05:57 PM

I think you have explained this before, but is the team ranking based solely on the ranked wrestlers with a formula based on actual rank?

Re: 5A Rankings! - 11/20/12 06:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Scooter
I think you have explained this before, but is the team ranking based solely on the ranked wrestlers with a formula based on actual rank?

The team rankings are based on the entire team and not just those ranked. Some ranked teams have only 2-3 ranked at their weight but also have 4-5 wrestlers that will likely score points.
Posted By: Elbow

Re: 5A Rankings! - 11/21/12 12:17 AM

Jake Ellis is a junior not a senior

Re: 5A Rankings! - 12/06/12 12:56 AM

5A rankings are updated!

Posted By: firehawk88

Re: 5A Rankings! - 12/06/12 02:50 AM

Let's bump on top of the other thread.

Re: 5A Rankings! - 12/06/12 12:15 PM

138 MV should be Bryan Burnett.

My opinion is Logan Terrill should still be at 1 until a 5A wrestler beats him. A loss in Derby the 1st match of the year, shouldn't drop you to 5. 2nd at State at the same weight should get you past a 4-3 loss week one to a pretty good wrestler.

If you solely go by person x beat person y and person z beat person x, then Dillard (emp) should be ahead of Rodd (AC), and Orozco liberal and DesLauriers (GB) should be ahead of Dillard.

And then Terrill pinned DesLauriers at state last year.

Re: 5A Rankings! - 12/06/12 12:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Scooter
138 MV should be Bryan Burnett.

My opinion is Logan Terrill should still be at 1 until a 5A wrestler beats him. A loss in Derby the 1st match of the year, shouldn't drop you to 5. 2nd at State at the same weight should get you past a 4-3 loss week one to a pretty good wrestler.

If you solely go by person x beat person y and person z beat person x, then Dillard (emp) should be ahead of Rodd (AC), and Orozco liberal and DesLauriers (GB) should be ahead of Dillard.

And then Terrill pinned DesLauriers at state last year.

First of all, the result that shows Dillard beating Rodd is incorrect! Rodd pinned her in that dual. That collapses your xyz example.

Braden Dipman beat Terrill and Dakota Rodd beat Dipman. The math of that scenario forced me to drop Terrill. Having said that, in my personal opinion, Logan Terrill is probably our best Kansas 106. That opinion aside, I had to reflect the actual results in the ranking.
Posted By: Peanut1234

Re: 5A Rankings! - 12/06/12 02:26 PM

Chief, when i click on your link above from yesterday for the 5a ranking, the pages still shows 11/20 rankings....am i missing something?
Posted By: firehawk88

Re: 5A Rankings! - 12/06/12 02:31 PM

Try hitting you "refresh" button. Mine says 12/05.

Re: 5A Rankings! - 12/06/12 03:01 PM

Fair enough, why not 3 for Terrill, do Tujague and Bowen have criteria over Delforge and Rodd? Also Bowen is shown as going 113 from the team preview, is this correct?
Posted By: Crossface King

Re: 5A Rankings! - 12/06/12 04:20 PM

Tyler Gastineau from Goodland is a 4A wrestler at 195.

Re: 5A Rankings! - 12/06/12 04:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Crossface King
Tyler Gastineau from Goodland is a 4A wrestler at 195.

I have him ranked in 4A....

Thanks!
Posted By: Chris Saferite

Re: 5A Rankings! - 12/06/12 07:43 PM

Rodd did not lose to another 5A wrestler. His only loss right now is to Goldenstein from Augusta.

Re: 5A Rankings! - 12/11/12 07:30 PM

5A Rankings are updated!

Posted By: cps51

Re: 5A Rankings! - 12/11/12 08:55 PM

I have done everything I can think of to clear my browser and I still see Dec. 6
Posted By: ReDPloyd

Re: 5A Rankings! - 12/11/12 10:57 PM

I didn't have any problem with the link (11 December 2012). Good call on Gooch at 113 as I believe that he will have a great year.

Re: 5A Rankings! - 12/14/12 02:52 AM

"Rodd did not lose to another 5A wrestler. His only loss right now is to Goldenstein from Augusta"

He has now

Re: 5A Rankings! - 12/14/12 02:56 AM

Delforge is on a roll. Was it a close match?
Posted By: TonyW

Re: 5A Rankings! - 12/14/12 03:04 AM

Delforge won by fall in 4:47
Posted By: jaguarfan

Re: 5A Rankings! - 12/14/12 05:05 AM

It was a very close match, 7-7 going into the 3rd. Dakota's choice, and he chose to go neutral. He went for a takedown but wasn't quite strong enough to complete the move, and got thrown straight to his back. Not sure why he went neutral, but it was a great match and I'm sure he'll learn from the loss.

Re: 5A Rankings! - 12/14/12 12:17 PM

It was an excellent match.
Posted By: imkindofabigdeal

Re: 5A Rankings! - 12/19/12 11:20 AM

It was a close match. I am surprised there were no comments about the eye gouging while Rodd was on his back just prior to the pin.

Re: 5A Rankings! - 12/19/12 11:19 PM

5A rankings are updated!

Posted By: WillyM

Re: 5A Rankings! - 12/20/12 02:05 AM

Where is Olsen from Lansing? Have not seen his name this year on this page or in our local newspaper/
Posted By: PaPa

Re: 5A Rankings! - 12/20/12 03:15 AM

If the fans throwing bottles on the mat didn't seem worthy of a comment, I'm sure the eye gouging to keep from losing was considered just another day of wrestling. At least Delforge pinned him and settled it on the mat.
Posted By: coach craig

Re: 5A Rankings! - 12/20/12 03:14 PM

Ok. I will ask. What happened?

Re: 5A Rankings! - 12/20/12 05:51 PM

bottle throwing was related to another match. Apparent frustration with the lack of a pin call in the first round of the 170 prompted the first bottle toss. When VC pinned the AC kid in the 3rd round another bottle was tossed from the AC section.
As always one or two fools can ruin how you feel about a certain school.
Same when a couple of wrestles throw headgear after a match. Kind of makes the whole team look bad.
Posted By: Ricky Bobby

Re: 5A Rankings! - 12/20/12 09:22 PM

Originally Posted By: cps51
bottle throwing was related to another match. Apparent frustration with the lack of a pin call in the first round of the 170 prompted the first bottle toss. When VC pinned the AC kid in the 3rd round another bottle was tossed from the AC section.
Same when a couple of wrestles throw headgear after a match. Kind of makes the whole team look bad.

Bottle throwing?!?!

Sounds like some of my races!
Posted By: Beeson

Re: 5A Rankings! - 12/21/12 02:17 AM

Originally Posted By: cps51

Why weren't the matches stopped after the first bottle was thrown and a fan(idiot fool)get tossed out? Surely the idiot was thrown out after the second bottle? Yes or No?
Posted By: PaPa

Re: 5A Rankings! - 12/21/12 03:06 AM

No one thrown out due to the bottles, and the eye gouging got a tech point, after the pin was called (so really no consequences there either).

Re: 5A Rankings! - 12/21/12 11:12 AM

That's too bad. No one should be surprised when bottles are thrown in the future then. If poor behavior is allowed, poor behavior will follow. So let me get this straight. Will gets in trouble for voicing a concern about a seeding meeting, but some idiot throws bottles on the mat and nothing happens. Does anybody else see something wrong with this?
Posted By: doug747

Re: 5A Rankings! - 12/21/12 02:31 PM

Since they were not glass whiskey bottles like we throw here in Andale, no penalties were assessed.

They did however shake the guys hand for being able to hit the mat with an empty bottle, which are very tricky to aim, as they seem to dance around due to the aerodynamics, of which only Ricky BObby can comment on.........

Anyone can hit a mat with a bottle with a little booze left in the bottom of it.........
Posted By: back in the day

Re: 5A Rankings! - 12/21/12 02:53 PM

How do we know it was NOT Will who threw the bottles.

I am waiting for video evidence.

JK -

Re: 5A Rankings! - 12/21/12 03:58 PM

Every time I look at 5A it gets tougher!

Impact wrestlers in my opinion:

ARK - 12 - Could have 5 finalists!
SJA - 11 - Could have 5 finalists!
NEW - 10 - Could have 3 finalists. Watch out on the backside.
STA - 9 - Could have 5 finalists!
VC - 8 - Could have 4 finalists!

Any of these five teams could win the title. Throw in AC's 6 tough as nails guys and it will be time to get yourself a large Dr. Pepper, a jumbo popcorn and a family sized bag of peanut M&M's to enjoy a good old-fasioned KANSAS WRESTLING BATTLE!

Re: 5A Rankings! - 12/21/12 11:47 PM

Originally Posted By: doug747
Since they were not glass whiskey bottles like we throw here in Andale, no penalties were assessed.

They did however shake the guys hand for being able to hit the mat with an empty bottle, which are very tricky to aim, as they seem to dance around due to the aerodynamics, of which only Ricky BObby can comment on.........

Anyone can hit a mat with a bottle with a little booze left in the bottom of it.........

Why would you throw a bottle with Booze left in it?

And yes Chief...this is going to be a Great 5A Battle.
Posted By: Ed Wilson

Re: 5A Rankings! - 12/22/12 05:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Chief Renegade
Every time I look at 5A it gets tougher!

Impact wrestlers in my opinion:

ARK - 12 - Could have 5 finalists!
SJA - 11 - Could have 5 finalists!
NEW - 10 - Could have 3 finalists. Watch out on the backside.
STA - 9 - Could have 5 finalists!
VC - 8 - Could have 4 finalists!

Any of these five teams could win the title. Throw in AC's 6 tough as nails guys and it will be time to get yourself a large Dr. Pepper, a jumbo popcorn and a family sized bag of peanut M&M's to enjoy a good old-fasioned KANSAS WRESTLING BATTLE!

No commentary from Lucas?

Lol

Re: 5A Rankings! - 01/08/13 07:53 PM

5A rankings are updated!

Posted By: XGHSWC

Re: 5A Rankings! - 01/09/13 01:27 AM

Don't see Dickman beating Maki with all due respect.

Re: 5A Rankings! - 01/09/13 01:31 AM

Heard Cokeley was going to 113. Could that be? Seems like he would beast out there if he could make the weight without losing his energy and strength.

Re: 5A Rankings! - 01/09/13 01:48 AM

Originally Posted By: XGHSWC
Heard Cokeley was going to 113. Could that be? Seems like he would beast out there if he could make the weight without losing his energy and strength.

It was a thought at one time. Does not seem likely now.

Re: 5A Rankings! - 01/15/13 02:00 PM

5A rankings are updated!

Posted By: rassle4gold

Re: 5A Rankings! - 01/15/13 04:07 PM

At 113 it gets tricky. At the bobcat classic jeremiah jones placed 3rd ahead of crow and hensley. Defore pinned Jones at the Derby tournament.
Posted By: AAA

Re: 5A Rankings! - 01/15/13 04:13 PM

Ark and St James both at Garden City still? If so it might get sorted out there?

Kevin Seybold

Re: 5A Rankings! - 01/15/13 11:10 PM

How does St. James get beat by Seaman but move ahead in the Rankings? Are we just trying to stir the pot? Get a little discussion going?
Posted By: Cokeley

Re: 5A Rankings! - 01/15/13 11:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Beeson
How does St. James get beat by Seaman but move ahead in the Rankings? Are we just trying to stir the pot? Get a little discussion going?

Simple, the competition mix at th 5A state tournament will be completely different than the one at the Bobcat. When matched up against only 5A opponents it appears like SJA will score more total points than the other teams.

In Kansas we don't have a true team state champion because we don't have a dual state competition. The practice of keeping team score in an individual competition doesn't really yield a "team" champion when you consider that some of each team doesn't qualify for state.

Re: 5A Rankings! - 01/15/13 11:42 PM

But isn't Seaman 5A(ranked 4th). To me it would Appear that Seaman should win 5A.

Re: 5A Rankings! - 01/15/13 11:59 PM

But isn't Seaman 5A(ranked 4th). To me it would Appear that Seaman should win 5A.

Show us the math?
Posted By: Outlaws174

Re: 5A Rankings! - 01/16/13 03:02 AM

The way I see it, rankings are on paper. Last time I checked, this is a sport where the winner is decided on the mat. Don't read into things because this is also a sport where anything can happen. Whoever steps up in February will win. Personally, I think both teams will have a good shot. I know Patrick Kelly will have his team prepared for the tournament just like every coach taking a team. Can't wait to see the end result because it will be a good one regardless of who wins.

Re: 5A Rankings! - 01/16/13 03:43 AM

Originally Posted By: Cokeley

Show us the math?

Seaman 177.5
SJA 168.5
STA 153.0

The "Math" shows Topeka Seaman as 5A Champs, followed by SJA. I would assume that STA or Ark City would be sucking hind teat in 3rd Place. At least by the Math that is how it should be.
Posted By: Railroaders91

Re: 5A Rankings! - 01/16/13 06:15 AM

Newton is still very much in this thing. We scored 152.5 points in the newton toc good for 3rd ahead of garden city. Newton hasn't had a full team all season yet has won every tournament but the toc. We have 7 ranked and should be 8 as 145 pounder will be returning from injury. We have some guys not ranked that will make noise at state. Those guys ranked 5 and 6 can very well be 3 and 4 and langley at 71 lost a 5-4 decision to guillen. That being said Ark City is #1 hands down. Don't see how newton dropped from 4 to 6 with a 3rd place finish at Newton. Valley wasn't punished for their finish at derby. We score 152.5 points with 2 champs and 7 medalists at newton and drop 2 spots just a head scratcher. But as many say it will work itself out at state.

Re: 5A Rankings! - 01/16/13 06:50 AM

I agree that Newton is very much in the 5A mix. It is a crowded top 6!

Here is how they dropped from 4 to 6.

Harrison lost to Lightfoot and dropped to 6. Monares lost to Kissane and dropped to 6. McEachern has been injured and was taken out of the rankings for now. Lee lost to McGrew and dropped to 6.

Re: 5A Rankings! - 01/16/13 07:04 AM

Show us the math?

Seaman 177.5
SJA 168.5
STA 153.0

The "Math" shows Topeka Seaman as 5A Champs, followed by SJA. I would assume that STA or Ark City would be sucking hind teat in 3rd Place. At least by the Math that is how it should be.

I assumed that I would be explaining the 5A rankings but not to you Chad...

The Bobcat Classic featured 36 teams of which 6 were in Class 5A. The 5A rankings are based on a tournament with 32 5A teams only. In the latest 5A ranking update SJA had 9 placers and 5 finalists. Seaman has 4 placers and 2 finalists. ARK has 8 placers and 4 finalists. Each of these teams have unranked guys that will also score. The Thunder has both Feists. ARK has Dietrich, Biddle, Nuckles and Pink. Those two teams are within 5 points of each other!

Chad, do you now see the math?

Re: 5A Rankings! - 01/16/13 07:58 AM

That still shouldn't put us behind valley and unless i'm mistaken is wilson the only other addition to team since we beat seamen handily in december. Both those teams good and seamen hot but don't agree with drop to 6th but we will see.

Re: 5A Rankings! - 01/16/13 08:26 AM

I do not question seamen moving up after their recent performance this only adds to what could be the best team title chase in years.

Re: 5A Rankings! - 01/16/13 10:56 AM

Show us the math?

Seaman 177.5
SJA 168.5
STA 153.0

I assumed that I would be explaining the 5A rankings but not to you Chad...

The Bobcat Classic featured 36 teams of which 6 were in Class 5A. The 5A rankings are based on a tournament with 32 5A teams only. In the latest 5A ranking update SJA had 9 placers and 5 finalists. Seaman has 4 placers and 2 finalists. ARK has 8 placers and 4 finalists. Each of these teams have unranked guys that will also score. The Thunder has both Feists. ARK has Dietrich, Biddle, Nuckles and Pink. Those two teams are within 5 points of each other!

Chad, do you now see the math?

Just Don't see it, but I never have been able to make sense of the Rankings. I would have thought that SJA's 9 placers and 5 finalist would have still scored easily more than Seaman's 4 placers and 2 finalists. 9 is greater than 4 and 5 is greater than 2, but the team points didn't show that. Seaman's less than scored more than SJA's greater than. Simple math. I agree Newton and Ark City are both under ranked, and by more than 5 points.

Re: 5A Rankings! - 01/16/13 12:31 PM

Just Don't see it, but I never have been able to make sense of the Rankings. I would have thought that SJA's 9 placers and 5 finalist would have still scored easily more than Seaman's 4 placers and 2 finalists. 9 is greater than 4 and 5 is greater than 2, but the team points didn't show that. Seaman's less than scored more than SJA's greater than. Simple math. I agree Newton and Ark City are both under ranked, and by more than 5 points.

Wow. OK let's go to chapter two of the lesson.

Contrasting the Bobcat v 5A State:

SJA:

106 - Tujague got 1st and is ranked 1st in 5A - At 5A state, no change.

113 - T. Hensley got 4th, losing to two 4A guys - At 5A state those 4A guys are not there! Hensley gets 2nd.

120 - Cokeley got 6th, losing to one 5A guy and two 4A guys - At 5A state those 4A guys are magically gone! Reese gets 4th.

126 - Z. Hensley got 2nd, losing to a MO kid - At 5A state that MO kid is gone! Hensley still gets 2nd.

138 - A. Tujague got 6th, losing to two 4A guys - At 5A state those 4A guys are in Salina! Tujague gets 3rd.

145 - VanLerberg DNP, losing to a 6A guy and a MO guy - At 5A state the 6A guy is in another bracket and the MO guy cannot be found! VanLerberg gets 6th.

152 - Pratt got 6th, losing to two 4A guys and a MO guy - At 5A state he searches the bracket and cannot find those three guys! Pratt gets 2nd.

170 - Salsbury got 3rd, losing to OK guy - At 5A state he texts the OK guy and wishes him luck at OK state. Salsbury gets 2nd.

182 - Muehlberger got 7th, losing to 1 5A guy and a 4A guy - At 5A state he loses to two 5A guys and still places! Andy gets 6th.

Seaman

Best wishes to Seaman at state this year. It's awesome how coach Kelly has it going there. Please understand that this lesson is intended exclusively to Mr. Beeson.

106 - J. Gay got 5th - At 5A state, five new ranked wrestlers enter his bracket! Jaelynn DNP.

113 - Crow got 5th - At 5A state he is delighted that his bracket is easier! Khamin gets 3rd.

138 - D. Gay got 8th - At 5A state, five new ranked wrestlers enter his bracket and he looks at his brother and says dang! Daemeion DNP.

170 - Guillen got 1st - At 5A state he is also a machine. Bryant gets 1st.

182 - Wilson got 4th - At 5A state he could place anywhere from 1st through 4th. After all he is Spencer Wilson.

195 - Kelly got 2nd - At 5A state he has two state champions in his bracket that have a chance to be drawn on the opposite side of the bracket. Bailey gets 3rd.

220 - Stanley got 5th - At 5A state, five new ranked wrestlers appear in his bracket! Although he sure has a fighting chance to place, he is currently not ranked.

285 - Hall got 5th - At 5A state he places 3rd and wears his medal to bed that night. (Just humoring you Dylan)

In conclusion:

At 5A state SJA has seven wrestlers place higher than they did at the Bobcat DUE TO the fact that their brackets only include 5A wrestlers.

Seaman has two wrestlers improve and five wrestlers place lower.

Chad, please be ready for the test on Friday.

Re: 5A Rankings! - 01/16/13 01:16 PM

That is not simple math, a little too complex for a simple Ark Citian. Not worried about the test on Friday. Looking forward to the one at the end of February. The Math gets ALOT more simple then, just have to look at the final numbers.:)

Re: 5A Rankings! - 01/16/13 02:42 PM

Hey X man, look at all of those comments in Chief's analysis saying "loses to 4a kid" , "got beat by 4 a kid".........

Doug
ps just stirring your pot......

Re: 5A Rankings! - 01/17/13 01:36 AM

Agree with Beeson if only it was that simple there would be no reason to wrestle the state tournament. Only numbers in febuary count too many things can happen including upsets which are fairly common at the state tournament no matter what class 5A 4A 6A 321A. People have fun with speculation which is fine but simple math doesn't win you matches or championships.

Re: 5A Rankings! - 01/17/13 02:59 AM

SJA:

113 - T. Hensley got 4th, losing to two 4A guys - At 5A state those 4A guys are not there! Hensley gets 2nd.

120 - Cokeley got 6th, losing to one 5A guy and two 4A guys - At 5A state those 4A guys are magically gone! Reese gets 4th.

126 - Z. Hensley got 2nd, losing to a MO kid - At 5A state that MO kid is gone! Hensley still gets 2nd.

138 - A. Tujague got 6th, losing to two 4A guys - At 5A state those 4A guys are in Salina! Tujague gets 3rd.

145 - VanLerberg DNP, losing to a 6A guy and a MO guy - At 5A state the 6A guy is in another bracket and the MO guy cannot be found! VanLerberg gets 6th.

152 - Pratt got 6th, losing to two 4A guys and a MO guy - At 5A state he searches the bracket and cannot find those three guys! Pratt gets 2nd.

170 - Salsbury got 3rd, losing to OK guy - At 5A state he texts the OK guy and wishes him luck at OK state. Salsbury gets 2nd.

182 - Muehlberger got 7th, losing to 1 5A guy and a 4A guy - At 5A state he loses to two 5A guys and still places! Andy gets 6th.

Seaman

Best wishes to Seaman at state this year. It's awesome how coach Kelly has it going there. Please understand that this lesson is intended exclusively to Mr. Beeson.

106 - J. Gay got 5th - At 5A state, five new ranked wrestlers enter his bracket! Jaelynn DNP.

113 - Crow got 5th - At 5A state he is delighted that his bracket is easier! Khamin gets 3rd.

138 - D. Gay got 8th - At 5A state, five new ranked wrestlers enter his bracket and he looks at his brother and says dang! Daemeion DNP.

182 - Wilson got 4th - At 5A state he could place anywhere from 1st through 4th. After all he is Spencer Wilson.

195 - Kelly got 2nd - At 5A state he has two state champions in his bracket that have a chance to be drawn on the opposite side of the bracket. Bailey gets 3rd.

220 - Stanley got 5th - At 5A state, five new ranked wrestlers appear in his bracket! Although he sure has a fighting chance to place, he is currently not ranked.

285 - Hall got 5th - At 5A state he places 3rd and wears his medal to bed that night. (Just humoring you Dylan)

In conclusion:

At 5A state SJA has seven wrestlers place higher than they did at the Bobcat DUE TO the fact that their brackets only include 5A wrestlers.

I do have one more question. All of these 4A guys and Missouri Wrestlers that were there. Was St. James the only wrestlers that had to face them or did the Seaman guys have the same wrestlers? If they both had to face the 4A Monsters and Missouri Studs, Seaman still did better against the same competition. Logic tells me they are the better team, even though last week they didn't even break the top ten in the "All Class Rankings".

Re: 5A Rankings! - 01/17/13 04:16 AM

[quote=Beeson]

SJA:

Seaman

In conclusion:

I do have one more question. Did the Seaman guys have the same wrestlers?

No!

Re: 5A Rankings! - 01/17/13 05:04 AM

SJA:

Seaman

In conclusion:

I do have one more question. All of these 4A guys and Missouri Wrestlers that were there. Was St. James the only wrestlers that had to face them or did the Seaman guys have the same wrestlers? If they both had to face the 4A Monsters and Missouri Studs, Seaman still did better against the same competition. Logic tells me they are the better team, even though last week they didn't even break the top ten in the "All Class Rankings".

Chad,

Seriously? You have to understand that you are trying to make a team comparision from an INDIVIDUAL tournament. Seaman didn't face SJA as a team. The wrestlers all faced VERY DIFFERENT competition than they will see in the 5A regional and state series. Some guys who wrestled at the Bobcat may not even make it to state so they will not be able to score a single point at state. This is the reason that crowning a team champs at an individual tournament can skew who might REALLY have the best team.
Posted By: Patrick Kelly

Re: 5A Rankings! - 01/17/13 11:20 AM

Seaman
Posted By: Peanut1234

Re: 5A Rankings! - 01/17/13 01:11 PM

Trying to predict the outcome of 5a team results is like trying to predict the NCAA BB tournament. this is one man's opinion people. To many factors are unknown. injury, not making weight, illness, how does a freshman react to wrestling in front of 2500 people, regional bracket match-ups...etc. It's yet to be seen how SJA or any of the mentioned will handles these factors. Can't wait.
Posted By: RightCall

Re: 5A Rankings! - 01/17/13 01:58 PM

Chief Renegade,

"182 - Muehlberger got 7th, losing to 1 5A guy and a 4A guy - At 5A state he loses to two 5A guys and still places! Andy gets 6th."

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but it's been a lot of talk about math on this forum and I'm pretty sure in order to take 6th place Muehlberger would have to lose to three 5A guys, not two. See, I have your back Chief.
Posted By: rassle4gold

Re: 5A Rankings! - 01/17/13 02:52 PM

If you go by which class the person they lost to is from, at 113 for ark city defore doesn't have the best record but has only lost to 4 kansas wrestlers. All being 6a.

Re: 5A Rankings! - 01/17/13 03:20 PM

[quote=Beeson]

SJA:

Seaman

In conclusion:

I do have one more question. Did the Seaman guys have the same wrestlers?

No!

So they had like an "A" bracket and a "B" bracket and all the SJA guys got the tough brackets and all of the Seaman guys got the easy brackets. Then they added up the score from both brackets and came up with a team winner? Is that how it worked?

And my quote was taking out of context. The question was something like didn't they have the same wrestlers in their brackets that SJA had also.

Re: 5A Rankings! - 01/17/13 03:22 PM

Originally Posted By: rassle4gold
If you go by which class the person they lost to is from, at 113 for ark city defore doesn't have the best record but has only lost to 4 kansas wrestlers. All being 6a.

2 of the 6A losses were to Deshazer and 1 to McDonald which he avenged at Newton. I do not know who the other loss was to.

Re: 5A Rankings! - 01/17/13 04:11 PM

So they had like an "A" bracket and a "B" bracket and all the SJA guys got the tough brackets and all of the Seaman guys got the easy brackets. Then they added up the score from both brackets and came up with a team winner? Is that how it worked?

And my quote was taking out of context. The question was something like didn't they have the same wrestlers in their brackets that SJA had also.

This is REALLY simple. The 5A state brackets will only include 5A WRESTLERS! When you are looking at the Bobcat results, there are almost 30 other teams from other classes and out of state. Look at my current 5A rankings. Look at the SJA wrestlers and the Seaman wrestlers. Add the points up!

If you DISAGREE with the 5A rankings at a particular weight, STATE YOUR CRITERIA! If that criteria is substanitive (Meaning that it has a firm basis in reality), then I will change the ranking!

Chad, this is getting embarrassing for you man. I can go to a local junior high and find over 100 students that understand this.
Posted By: L.Geyer

Re: 5A Rankings! - 01/17/13 04:30 PM

The more I read this the more I laugh at it. I can see both sides of this. Generally Chief's rankings are fairly accurate, so I have to tend to side with him. But on the other hand it is hard to judge how a team would do if there wasn’t out of state or out of class teams involved, because all the brackets, and the seedings would be different if these other states, and classifications were not in attendance. If wrestler that places 3rd at the bobcat this year very easily may have placed 1st or even DNP if there were not other states or classifications involved, as the brackets would be completely different, and there would be different match ups. Just my 2 cents on this subject, I will continue to sit back and laugh at everyone trying to make sense of this.

Re: 5A Rankings! - 01/17/13 05:57 PM

It has actually been decided. Beeson agrees with me and has basically been joking. For a minute there I though we were going to have to revoke his drivers license!

Re: 5A Rankings! - 01/17/13 10:36 PM

I never said I agree with your rankings. I understand a little more than I was letting on and can agree with your reasoning. But I still do not agree with the Rankings, but no one will ever agree 100%.

Re: 5A Rankings! - 01/18/13 12:49 AM

I never said I agree with your rankings. I understand a little more than I was letting on and can agree with your reasoning. But I still do not agree with the Rankings, but no one will ever agree 100%.

Do you agree that they are rankings?

Re: 5A Rankings! - 01/18/13 01:04 AM

Do you agree that they are rankings?

Is that a trick question?

Re: 5A Rankings! - 01/18/13 11:34 AM

5A ranking link...

Re: 5A Rankings! - 01/22/13 08:08 PM

5A rankings are updated!

Re: 5A Rankings! - 01/22/13 08:29 PM

What the $&#*&%? How did Ark City move to #1 without wrestling a match in Kansas? Chief, are you just ()*&^*(&%^ with me?

Re: 5A Rankings! - 01/22/13 10:30 PM

What the $&#*&%? How did Ark City move to #1 without wrestling a match in Kansas? Chief, are you just ()*&^*(&%^ with me?

As surprising as it sounds Chad, OTHER teams DID wrestle! LOL!

1. SJA had their 182 drop out of the ranking.
2. A common was discovered at 113 between DeFore and Hensley.
3. Dietrich had a previous undisclosed win over Lightfoot.

Understand?

Re: 5A Rankings! - 01/22/13 10:32 PM

5A 182 should read:

1. Meck
2. Rodd
3. Wilson
4. Blair

It will be corrected soon...

Re: 5A Rankings! - 01/23/13 01:33 AM

Wow newton falls further now below Andover central who we are 8-0 against the last 2 years in tournaments including 3-0 this year. It's true that newton has been ravaged by injuries this year but McEachern Monares will be back and Nelson should be back this week. We finished 3 in TOC ahead of Garden City and 2nd in Blue Valley Northwest 5 points behind Manhattan with 3 starters out. My point is Ark city is really the only team to beat us in Kansas with close to a full team and they were missing 3 people. I will say Ark City is the team to beat with many fine teams chasing them. We just continue to fall behind teams that we have not lost to and we will have our full team soon but there is no way we are 7 and that will show soon.

Re: 5A Rankings! - 01/23/13 01:55 AM

Rail,

I am a Newton fan. You guys have a tough team and a solid coach who is a great guy. The bottom line is within the 5A class, the points are what they are. The way to state your point here is to state your individual criteria at a specific weight.

Which Newton wrestler do I have ranked too low?

Understand that tournaments two years ago are irrelevant. Also know that the 5A rankings reflect a tournament with 32 5a teams only.

Re: 5A Rankings! - 01/23/13 02:31 AM

Well Monares out of rankings I'm guessing because he is injured now but he beat burress. Gallegos is 6th below ark city and they were on opposite sides of the bracket at TOC the ark city kid had a OT win and a one point win against 2 guys that Gallegos had recently pinned. Gallegos lost 3 to 2 to nebraska kid in semis that beat ark city 6 to 1 in finals. We lost to leavensworth kid who never faced ark city kid but also lost by 1 to nebraska kid in quarters. My point is the bottom part of bracket was loaded and it is not known weather cox is 4 5 or 6. We are not 4 but may be 5.There is a debate to this not simple numbers. McEachern out of rankings for injury but is not out for season he is a placer.Their return should also be considered when ranking. Nelson at 52 has some good wins and a last second loss to wilson from Liberal ranked 3 even if not ranked he is a threat at state to at least score points. We also beat seamen by 90 points and dylan hall and spencer wilson do not make that up. We are much deeper than they are and Valley has not fared well in anything other than dual or dual tournaments see their derby performance. It will be settled on mat but seems that these newton boys are being overlooked. We have 90 percent of team back from state runnerup team last year. Yes i understand that 5a is tougher this year but newton is one of the teams that makes it tough. We will see.

Re: 5A Rankings! - 01/23/13 02:40 AM

It was reported to me that Monares is a very questionable return. I hope he does make it back.

As it stands I can only add the points up, not make them up.

Re: 5A Rankings! - 01/23/13 02:41 AM

Also Ornelas at 82 is tough he has a win over 3 ranked dean from wichita south who had beat bailey kelly. Not saying he should be ranked yet but is someone who will be scoring points at state.

Re: 5A Rankings! - 01/23/13 02:56 AM

Monares will be back and will be tough. There may be some other surprises but i understand that you can only judge what you see. Im just saying do not be surprised if Newton has hardware at the end of febuary. If not some other teams will have earned it.

Re: 5A Rankings! - 01/23/13 03:14 AM

I never was talking about who we beat two years ago just what we have accomplished in the last 2 seasons against a tough well coached andover central team who we beat 5 times last season 3 times this season.Just replying to earlier comment. On to Garden City this weekend.

Re: 5A Rankings! - 01/23/13 03:41 AM

As surprising as it sounds Chad, OTHER teams DID wrestle! LOL!

1. SJA had their 182 drop out of the ranking.
2. A common was discovered at 113 between DeFore and Hensley.
3. Dietrich had a previous undisclosed win over Lightfoot.

Understand?

I understand alot more than I let on, or am given credit for.
1. I could care less about 182.
2. Not discovered, just finally realized after my conversation with Cokeley.
3. Not Undisclosed, this happened at the Ark City Duals in mid December.

What else do I not understand? I do understand that Railroaders91 is correct. Newton is the team to beat. But what do I know, I have been wrong ALL YEAR. grin

Just for the Record: I like Chief, just don't always agree with him. He has a whole stateful of wrestlers to Track. I focus mainly on the Bulldogs.

Re: 5A Rankings! - 01/23/13 03:58 AM

This makes me sad. :-(

But ya, Ark City and Newton are the ones to beat.

Re: 5A Rankings! - 01/23/13 10:56 AM

I'm sorry Ed, that was pretty rude of me. I just didn't have a real good comeback for that one. Good Luck to Spencer! There are several good wrestlers in this weight and should be a Great Battle at State.

Re: 5A Rankings! - 01/23/13 12:17 PM

I understand alot more than I let on, or am given credit for.

How could we tell?

That contributed to your misunderstanding!

2. Not discovered, just finally realized after my conversation with Cokeley.

That's not true. I discovered the common after searching for DeFore's 12 losses.

3. Not Undisclosed, this happened at the Ark City Duals in mid December.

This WAS disclosed to me by Coach Buckbee who is a valued contributor to my work on the rankings. He doesn't hide information like you Chad and then complain that the rankings are wrong!

What else do I not understand?

There is not enough space on this forum to list them all.

Just for the Record: I like Chief, just don't always agree with him. He has a whole stateful of wrestlers to Track. I focus mainly on the Bulldogs.

To all.... Beeson and I are friends. It is a curious thing that as long as the Bulldogs are on top, he tends to keep quiet. Rank them lower and we will hear from him.

In between coaching you up on how rankings work, I do at least appreciate the loyalty!

Re: 5A Rankings! - 01/23/13 02:31 PM

5A ranking link:

Re: 5A Rankings! - 01/23/13 02:53 PM

I'm sorry Ed, that was pretty rude of me. I just didn't have a real good comeback for that one. Good Luck to Spencer! There are several good wrestlers in this weight and should be a Great Battle at State.

Its all good, just needling you a bit. smile

Re: 5A Rankings! - 01/29/13 01:59 AM

Originally Posted By: doug747
Hey X man, look at all of those comments in Chief's analysis saying "loses to 4a kid" , "got beat by 4 a kid".........

Doug
ps just stirring your pot......

Hey, what gives doug747?

You know you ain't gonna stir my pot. I will just eat some tootsie rolls and drink some coffee and relax and relish in the fact that 5A is legit.

And you know that one could easily put forth a very similar scenario but it would instead be about some 4A team and the analysis would be saying "loses to 5A or 6A kid" or "got beat by a 5A kid".

Re: 5A Rankings! - 01/29/13 02:49 AM

I totally get the whole St. James is still ahead of Seaman even though Seaman bested St. James at Basehor thing because we know teams will match up differently in different tournaments. On the other hand, I never got why St. James moved ahead of Ark City when Ark City has won everything. Was that a mistake? Was there some logic to that? I see it has since been corrected which is a relief but still never understood that. I guess that it had something to do with some disclosed info that was received via Buckbee?
And it is no surprise that we heard from Beeson. I am sure we wouldn't have heard from Beeson if Ark City had not indeed already proved that until they are bested they are clearly the best and deserve the #1 ranking.

Re: 5A Rankings! - 01/29/13 01:02 PM

Originally Posted By: XGHSWC
I totally get the whole St. James is still ahead of Seaman even though Seaman bested St. James at Basehor thing because we know teams will match up differently in different tournaments. On the other hand, I never got why St. James moved ahead of Ark City when Ark City has won everything. Was that a mistake? Was there some logic to that? I see it has since been corrected which is a relief but still never understood that. I guess that it had something to do with some disclosed info that was received via Buckbee?
And it is no surprise that we heard from Beeson. I am sure we wouldn't have heard from Beeson if Ark City had not indeed already proved that until they are bested they are clearly the best and deserve the #1 ranking.

It was very close on that ranking but undeniable that the math gave SJA the nod. At that ranking SJA had 9 placers with 5 finalists and ARK had 8 placers with 4 finalists. A lot has happened since then...

Re: 5A Rankings! - 01/29/13 01:26 PM

wink

Re: 5A Rankings! - 01/29/13 05:55 PM

5A rankings are updated!

Posted By: Just talking

Re: 5A Rankings! - 01/30/13 02:00 AM

113lbs who else's could be ranked that's out their. In 5a
Posted By: KevinP

Re: 5A Rankings! - 01/30/13 02:02 AM

Gabe Gooch from STA was 13-0 & ranked at 113 when he suffered a concussion. He will be wrestling very soon.
Posted By: ReDPloyd

Re: 5A Rankings! - 01/30/13 06:39 AM

Originally Posted By: KevinP
Gabe Gooch from STA was 13-0 & ranked at 113 when he suffered a concussion. He will be wrestling very soon.

If Gabe comes back with the same tenacity that he was showing erly in the year, and I am sure he will, he will be a major factor at the end of the year.

Re: 5A Rankings! - 01/30/13 10:56 AM

http://www.varsitykansas.com/2013/01/23/43497/wrestling-notes-kapaun-fights.html

per this article Parker Howell will be back as well.
Posted By: smokeycabin

Re: 5A Rankings! - 02/01/13 02:06 AM

Just some information. Styles make some matchups difficult and there is a lot of information to sort through.

"Originally Posted By: KevinP
Gabe Gooch from STA was 13-0 & ranked at 113 when he suffered a concussion. He will be wrestling very soon."

"If Gabe comes back with the same tenacity that he was showing erly in the year, and I am sure he will, he will be a major factor at the end of the year."

http://www.varsitykansas.com/2013/01/23/43497/wrestling-notes-kapaun-fights.html

I agree that Parker Howell & Gabe Gooch will make some guys take notice at 113.

Gardner Edgerton Tournament
Round 3 - Ethan Karsten (Platte County) 6-1 won by decision over Reese Cokeley (St James Academy) 2-3 (Dec 6-4)

Bobcat Tournament
Quarterfinal - Jake Elbrader (St. Thomas Aquinas) 13-4 won by pin over Ethan Karsten (Platte County) 26-7 (Pin 1:18) (Common out of state wrestler)

Cons. Semi - Jake Elbrader (St. Thomas Aquinas) 13-4 won by pin over Reese Cokeley (St. James Academy) 20-11 (Pin 2:47) (head to head)

Day 1 of Bobcat
Champ. Round 2 - Tyler Sharp (Fort Scott) 26-5 won by decision over Reese Cokeley (St. James Academy) 20-11 (Dec 4-2)
Quarterfinal - Dakota Leach (Goddard) 17-2 won by major decision over Tyler Sharp (Fort Scott) 26-5 (Maj 10-2)

Platte County Tournament

Semifinal - Reese Cokeley (St. James Academy) 29-16 won by decision over Ethan Karsten (Platte County) 30-9 (Dec 2-0)

All these guys are good wrestlers and Mies is in 4A.

Re: 5A Rankings! - 02/01/13 11:08 AM

Just some information. Styles make some matchups difficult and there is a lot of information to sort through.

"Originally Posted By: KevinP
Gabe Gooch from STA was 13-0 & ranked at 113 when he suffered a concussion. He will be wrestling very soon."

"If Gabe comes back with the same tenacity that he was showing erly in the year, and I am sure he will, he will be a major factor at the end of the year."

I agree that Parker Howell & Gabe Gooch will make some guys take notice at 113.

Gardner Edgerton Tournament
Round 3 - Ethan Karsten (Platte County) 6-1 won by decision over Reese Cokeley (St James Academy) 2-3 (Dec 6-4)

Bobcat Tournament
Quarterfinal - Jake Elbrader (St. Thomas Aquinas) 13-4 won by pin over Ethan Karsten (Platte County) 26-7 (Pin 1:18) (Common out of state wrestler)

Cons. Semi - Jake Elbrader (St. Thomas Aquinas) 13-4 won by pin over Reese Cokeley (St. James Academy) 20-11 (Pin 2:47) (head to head)

Day 1 of Bobcat
Champ. Round 2 - Tyler Sharp (Fort Scott) 26-5 won by decision over Reese Cokeley (St. James Academy) 20-11 (Dec 4-2)
Quarterfinal - Dakota Leach (Goddard) 17-2 won by major decision over Tyler Sharp (Fort Scott) 26-5 (Maj 10-2)

Platte County Tournament

Semifinal - Reese Cokeley (St. James Academy) 29-16 won by decision over Ethan Karsten (Platte County) 30-9 (Dec 2-0)

All these guys are good wrestlers and Mies is in 4A.

Re: 5A Rankings! - 02/01/13 11:19 AM

I really hope everyone is healthy coming down the stretch.
All the wrestlers have already put their foot on the line for about 2.5 months. It is time to make your own luck the next 4 weekends.

Re: 5A Rankings! - 02/05/13 06:00 PM

5A rankings are updated!

Posted By: bigdaddy650r

Re: 5A Rankings! - 02/05/13 06:20 PM

Toelkes(220) should be #2, Weldon had a rough time in both matches and also got beat ???
Toelkes's last tournement had 4 first period pins as champion and in a dual last week against Junction City he wrestled 285 and beat the #2 6A ranked Rafalko

FYI

Re: 5A Rankings! - 02/05/13 06:48 PM

Originally Posted By: bigdaddy650r
Toelkes(220) should be #2, Weldon had a rough time in both matches and also got beat ???
Toelkes's last tournement had 4 first period pins as champion and in a dual last week against Junction City he wrestled 285 and beat the #2 6A ranked Rafalko

FYI

I considered it. Weldon has one loss to Kade True who is 28-3 with losses to Gallegos, Ewing and Franklin. Toelkes has two losses to Contrares from SM North who lost to Jenkins and Gatica. It is certainly very close.
Posted By: bigdaddy650r

Re: 5A Rankings! - 02/05/13 11:39 PM

So a loss to an unranked opponent trumps 2 losses(3-1&3-2OT) to a #1 6A opponent???

Re: 5A Rankings! - 02/06/13 12:07 AM

Originally Posted By: bigdaddy650r
So a loss to an unranked opponent trumps 2 losses(3-1&3-2OT) to a #1 6A opponent???

With a lack of commons, I kept them the same. True is a quality opponent.

Re: 5A Rankings! - 02/12/13 03:57 PM

5A rankings are updated!

Posted By: rccokeley

Re: 5A Rankings! - 02/12/13 04:12 PM

I don't know how you can jump Wilson but not drop Meck at 182. Especially since both Muehlberger and O'Donnell beat Wilson.

Re: 5A Rankings! - 02/12/13 04:32 PM

Ryne,
Spencer is 1-0 vs meck, 0-1 vs rodd, 1-0 vs blair, 1-1 vs muehlberger (14-4 win and a 5-4 loss), and 0-1 vs o'donnell.

Meck beat rodd, rodd beat blair.

How would you rank them?

I am sure there are more commons, its a mess and will be a good bracket to watch at state.

I would prefer spencer not be ranked at all but chief wont do that.

Re: 5A Rankings! - 02/12/13 04:53 PM

Originally Posted By: rccokeley
I don't know how you can jump Wilson but not drop Meck at 182. Especially since both Muehlberger and O'Donnell beat Wilson.

I spent hours on this weight. Leaving Meck, the defending state champion with one loss was the right thing to do. Having seen both of the Wilson/Muehlberger matches as well as Andy's loss to Tristan Matthews along with the fact that Wilson has beaten Blair and Meck, I am comfortable with this ranking. Wilson has no "bad losses" and has wins over 4 All-Class ranked wrestlers in Meck, Blair, Bradley and Muehlberger.

Meck has beaten Rodd, Atwood and Fowler.
Posted By: HokaheyCoach

Re: 5A Rankings! - 02/12/13 05:08 PM

Ryne.. I think Chief has this spot on.. Meck got caught.. granted by an excellent wrestler in Wilson but his only loss in 5a... how do you drop him? Wilson knocking off the #1 says something since the others mentioned have not. His 0-1 record to Rodd puts him at #3. My 2 cents smile

Re: 5A Rankings! - 02/12/13 05:26 PM

Caught in a move that Spenser is known for. Wasn't Nick losing the match before he got "caught?" All I am saying is there should be some kind of punishment for losing when it comes to ranking. I would have gone.
1. Rodd
2. Wilson
3. Meck

Re: 5A Rankings! - 02/12/13 05:28 PM

Originally Posted By: HokaheyCoach
Ryne.. I think Chief has this spot on.. Meck got caught.. granted by an excellent wrestler in Wilson but his only loss in 5a... how do you drop him? Wilson knocking off the #1 says something since the others mentioned have not. His 0-1 record to Rodd puts him at #3. My 2 cents smile

Scott,
nick didnt "get caught" anymore than spencer "got caught" against dalton, both matches ended in 1st period falls, the winners just took advantage of mistakes by their opponents.

Re: 5A Rankings! - 02/12/13 05:31 PM

Caught in a move that Spenser is known for. Wasn't Nick losing the match before he got "caught?" All I am saying is there should be some kind of punishment for losing when it comes to ranking. I would have gone.
1. Rodd
2. Wilson
3. Meck

here is the problem
meck beat rodd 5-3
rodd pinned spencer
spencer pinned meck

spencer is the least consistent of the three of them, so he should be ranked lower, its a tough spot for chief

Re: 5A Rankings! - 02/12/13 05:58 PM

I would have gone.
1. Rodd
2. Wilson
3. Meck

Meck beat Rodd.

Also.... Didn't you just say that you would have Muehlberger ahead of Wilson????

Re: 5A Rankings! - 02/12/13 06:15 PM

My point is if you're not going to drop Meck for losing then why are you gonna drop Andy and Tanner for not losing? I would be perfectly fine with Wilson moving over them if i saw some punishment for Meck getting pinned just last weekend by Wilson.

Re: 5A Rankings! - 02/12/13 07:24 PM

My point is if you're not going to drop Meck for losing then why are you gonna drop Andy and Tanner for not losing?

When a wrestler jumps you for winning, by definition you move down. It all came down to quality wins vs. the Top 10 All-Class wrestlers. Wilson has 4. Meck 3. Muehlberger 1. O'Donnell 1. I stayed with the returning state champion Meck. On Saturday we should see Meck/Wilson Round 2.
Posted By: HokaheyCoach

Re: 5A Rankings! - 02/12/13 08:12 PM

Ed.. that is exactly what I meant by "Caught" meaning he got caught making a mistake.. He hasn't been pinned in quite some time and I don't see him making that same mistake twice. His downside is his cockyness.. Spencer just opened his eyes to what could be.. bye bye cockyness come Saturday. It may have been in Spencer's best interest to have "caught" him at State..

Either way I look forward to watching the rematch on Saturday not favoring either but favoring a great match that will be hyped up all week!!!

Re: 5A Rankings! - 02/14/13 12:46 AM

Im trying to figure out why STA is not ranked #1. Ark City has seven ranked wrestlers and STA has seven ranked wrestlers. Both have three ranked #1 and both have a wrestler ranked #2. Here is where STA should take the lead. Ark City has NO wrestlers ranked at #3, while STA has two ranked at #3. STA has one ranked at #4, and Ark City has two ranked at #4. Ark City rounds it out with one wrestler ranked at #5. By my calculations, STA will be the 5A State Champions. Someone please explain it to me if I am wrong.

Re: 5A Rankings! - 02/14/13 01:36 AM

Ark City may have wrestlers scoring points who are not ranked.

You could go 2-2 with two pins, score 7 team points and not make the medal stand.

Re: 5A Rankings! - 02/14/13 01:54 AM

Im trying to figure out why STA is not ranked #1. Ark City has seven ranked wrestlers and STA has seven ranked wrestlers. Both have three ranked #1 and both have a wrestler ranked #2. Here is where STA should take the lead. Ark City has NO wrestlers ranked at #3, while STA has two ranked at #3. STA has one ranked at #4, and Ark City has two ranked at #4. Ark City rounds it out with one wrestler ranked at #5. By my calculations, STA will be the 5A State Champions. Someone please explain it to me if I am wrong.

lol. Is this the same Chad Beeson that has trumpeted the Ark City fight song all year? The scoring difference came down to single digits. Ark's non-placing members moved them slightly ahead. Perez, Biddle and Pink vs. STA's McCarthy.

Re: 5A Rankings! - 02/17/13 01:44 AM

There is no way that Chief is going to get all four classes and the All Class Rankings updated by this weekend. Good Luck though!

Re: 5A Rankings! - 02/19/13 08:05 PM

Final Pre-State 5A rankings are updated!

Posted By: master blaster

Re: 5A Rankings! - 02/19/13 08:27 PM

I keep getting the 2/12 rankings?
Posted By: Kevin Howell

Re: 5A Rankings! - 02/19/13 09:11 PM

Try pulling it up on catchitkansas.com worked for me.

Re: 5A Rankings! - 02/19/13 09:38 PM

Originally Posted By: master blaster
I keep getting the 2/12 rankings?

The link works. It's your browser that needs to be refreshed or history cleared.

Re: 5A Rankings! - 02/20/13 12:55 AM

1. Lucas Maki – 12 - AND
2. Sawyer Like – 11 - BVSW
3. Tyler Dickman – 11 - STA

When did Like beat Dickman?

Re: 5A Rankings! - 02/20/13 12:55 AM

Regionals

Re: 5A Rankings! - 02/20/13 12:57 AM

thanks - Missed that -
Posted By: KSwrestler103

Re: 5A Rankings! - 02/20/13 05:07 AM

Team-wise I think KMC should be #6 after placing above Andover central at regionals. Parker Howell coming back helps a lot

Re: 5A Rankings! - 02/20/13 12:32 PM

Originally Posted By: KSwrestler103
Team-wise I think KMC should be #6 after placing above Andover central at regionals. Parker Howell coming back helps a lot

KMC has a #2, #4 and #6 in all 14 weights. Parker is certainly a possible champion with 25-30 points and I like their team as a whole. It's just the current math didn't move them into the rankings. Andover Central has a #1, #3, #4 and three #6's. That's the difference between an 8 team regional and a 32 team state tournament.
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums