Kansas Wrestling

4A stories of interest: STATE

Posted By: Ryan Jilka

4A stories of interest: STATE - 01/30/13 09:54 PM

As I'm sure many of you know, 4A state will be broadcast live, via internet this year. Last year, I announced the 5A tournament, and this year I am fortunate enough to be helping with the 4A meet.

If you could post any positive leads on this thread, I'd appreciate your help. I'm looking for interesting facts about state qualifying wrestlers or other information that can help make me palatable to listen to!! smile I'll be looking for people to interview, say "hello" to overseas (military parents or siblings), or anything else that's entertaining. I'll try to get as much statistical information from coaches as possible once the brackets are set.

If you'd rather e-mail me the stories, feel free to do so at rjilka@goddardusd.com

Thank you in advance!
Ryan
Posted By: sportsfan02

Re: 4A stories of interest: STATE - 01/30/13 11:53 PM

Please coach, no orchestra camp human interest stories!

Re: 4A stories of interest: STATE - 01/31/13 02:54 AM

Unless Manhattan is now 4A, we're safe. Well, if Prant Garker shows up, we may forgo the entire wrestling talk and go to a spelling bee/violin camp format!
Posted By: tbrummer

Re: 4A stories of interest: STATE - 01/31/13 01:18 PM

Jilka,

Are you bringing Cassity with you?

"He's not the best colorman in the league for nothing, folks!"--Harry Doyle
Posted By: jdre

Re: 4A stories of interest: STATE - 01/31/13 04:48 PM

We need to talk about "Eddie The Eagle" aka Ryan Jilka.
Posted By: XGHSWC

Re: 4A stories of interest: STATE - 01/31/13 09:11 PM

More like "Jabba the Butt".
Posted By: Doug Vander Linden

Re: 4A stories of interest: STATE - 02/01/13 03:37 AM

You need lots of human interest pieces on our buddy Andy A. Maybe several live interviews with him for his post-match thoughts!! Sure to be a bump in your ratings, especially during sweeps!
Posted By: Jeremy Roberts

Re: 4A stories of interest: STATE - 02/01/13 12:58 PM

Coach Jason Brown moving to Anderson County after recieving a number of awards in the off season

Re: 4A stories of interest: STATE - 02/03/13 04:39 PM

We'll forgo the Eddie the Eagle and Jaba stories. Those may need to take place Friday night after the grapplin's done. Good idea about coach Brown. If you can fill me in on the details, I'd appreciate it.

I haven't heard from Craig to see if he's coming to Salina or not. I hope so. We'll see if he can get a kitchen pass for the weekend!
Posted By: Mike Carey

Re: 4A stories of interest: STATE - 02/18/13 12:25 AM

What's the link to follow? Got some Navy guys in Florida that want to follow the Tonganoxie Chietains! What are the broadcast times ? thanks

Re: 4A stories of interest: STATE - 02/19/13 09:17 PM

Mike,
I sent out an e-mail. Hope you received it.

Please keep sending good 4A stories. I really appreciate it.

Ryan
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums