Kansas Wrestling

Brute?

Posted By: Chief Renegade

Brute? - 04/13/13 01:09 PM

Any brackets or updates out there???
Posted By: effwhyeye

Re: Brute? - 04/13/13 01:59 PM

Go to the Brute website. They have a section where you can view all brackets.

Re: Brute? - 04/13/13 04:34 PM

I see the entries but no bracket link.
Posted By: dogofthetemple

Re: Brute? - 04/13/13 04:45 PM

http://brute.com/brutenationals/results.html

Re: Brute? - 04/13/13 05:37 PM

Wow. Many 6 man brackets. Numbers must be way down.
Posted By: in it to win it

Re: Brute? - 04/13/13 06:05 PM

Actually they said the numbers were way up compared to years before.........but the elementary and middle school national duals took away a lot of great kids in their respective groups. I do like the scholarship idea as well as the R.E.A.C.H.E.S. foundation giving $$$ back to wrestling communities.
Posted By: Ed Wilson

Re: Brute? - 04/13/13 06:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Chief Renegade
Wow. Many 6 man brackets. Numbers must be way down.

Way to expensive, going to folkstyle nationals is about the same cost.
Posted By: PatrickCavanaugh

Re: Brute? - 04/13/13 09:19 PM

Volunteer! Get all the cool swag. My son had a Tulsa National champ (this year) a 5X state champ and a State champ from Nebraska that hasnt been beat in almost 2 years. Another kid that is a Tulsa Nationals placer. Geesh, stop with the broad brush comments. Last year my son was a takedown in overtime away from beating the usa folkstyle national champion at the middle school duals. This year he is wrestling for 3rd at Brute.

Re: Brute? - 04/13/13 09:36 PM

I was looking at the senior brackets. Very sparse.

Re: Brute? - 04/13/13 09:58 PM

I totally agree volunteeri.g even if its just weighing kids in or lining them up like ducks to get their podium pictures. ....or work a table you may get your kids entry fee paid as well as your admission. This year @ Liberty we even had FREE Parking!!! The swag is the best @ Brute for finalists & champions in regards to usefulness. I did like the KS STATE CHAMPIONSHIP BEANIE this year vs. a shirt for table workers!! Great idea.
Posted By: Hilbillywrassler

Re: Brute? - 04/13/13 10:42 PM

The kids 1-8 do have some brackets that are round robins and some are not too difficult. Others are full of tough competition. In high school, out of 50 brackets (9-12) only about 4 kansas kids are in the championship finals. There are lots of Oklahoma, Iowa, Missouri, Minnesota, and Arkansas kids. If they combined all 9 through 12 this would be an incredibly tough tournament. If I was a high school coach in Kansas I would be doing whatever possible to get my kids in this tournament. It may cost a bit more but free clinics by Eric Akin, John Smith, Shawn Charles and many more, plus a free singlet if you make it to the finals and coach's gear cannot be beat. And you may find out that your kids have a lot of work to do to be truly an elite wrestler.

Re: Brute? - 04/13/13 11:57 PM

There are 2 wrestlers in the senior 138 and 288. Other weights have 3 or 4. That is really surprising.

Re: Brute? - 04/14/13 12:25 PM

The 12th grade division has 11 weights.

Our All-Class KS team would win all 11.

Re: Brute? - 04/14/13 12:29 PM

The Bye brothers from SD are both in the finals.

Is that because everyone overlooked them?

Re: Brute? - 04/14/13 02:22 PM

Blood relatives eh? Too funny Chief!
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums