Kansas Wrestling

I'll be first

Posted By: Beeson

I'll be first - 02/23/14 01:14 AM

Kapaun looked tough today. Congratulations on winning regionals. They got my vote for new favorite team in 5A.
Posted By: Just Wondering

Re: I'll be first - 02/23/14 01:39 AM

Watch it Beeson, your going to ruffle Chief's feathers.
Posted By: Chief Renegade

Re: I'll be first - 02/23/14 01:53 AM

Originally Posted By: Just Wondering
Watch it Beeson, your going to ruffle Chief's feathers.

Lol. I have no favorites. Only criteria. If you guys have criteria, let me know.

Re: I'll be first - 02/23/14 02:34 AM

Only criteria I have is that Kapaun won by a rather large margin in what was arguably the toughest regional in Class 5A.

Re: I'll be first - 02/23/14 02:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Beeson
Only criteria I have is that Kapaun won by a rather large margin in what was arguably the toughest regional in Class 5A.

5A is up for grabs!

Posted By: tbrummer

Re: I'll be first - 02/23/14 02:43 AM

Brackets are up. See what you think Chief.

Re: I'll be first - 02/23/14 02:47 AM

Those brackets look brutal.
Posted By: Scooter

Re: I'll be first - 02/23/14 01:06 PM

SJA is still the favorite at state, it looks like a good move having their 145 lber move up. But 5A is stupid tough, looking at those brackets and the 2nd round possibilities, crazy. Congrats to Mill Valley for beating them at regionals, but they are still the ones to beat.
Posted By: klein

Re: I'll be first - 02/23/14 08:22 PM

Well if Chief said they have no chance then I guess we should just keep those two at home.
Posted By: Spexy

Re: I'll be first - 02/23/14 08:40 PM

Agree 5A is super tough. Depending on your placing draw. Not saying that other 1/2/3, 4, 6, isn't just as tough. But looking at ALL state rankings 5a this year is a solid group across the board. Gonna be a, "war zone" at Hartman, especially in 2nd round, and beyond.

Re: I'll be first - 02/24/14 12:37 AM

Posted By: asdfghjkl

Re: I'll be first - 02/24/14 12:44 AM

Chief is THE MAN when it comes to knocking on high school kids.
Posted By: PatrickCavanaugh

Re: I'll be first - 02/24/14 01:14 AM

Originally Posted By: asdfghjkl

He's THE MAN when it comes to promoting them is a more accurate statement.
Posted By: Ilive4wrestling

Re: I'll be first - 02/24/14 01:26 AM

Posted By: J. Dale

Re: I'll be first - 02/24/14 03:03 AM

Don't get the logic of "congrats to Mill Valley for beating them at regionals but SJA is still the team to beat" I would think that maybe Mill Valley would be "the team to beat" if they just beat "the team to beat". I'm thinking of a Ron White saying. Can anyone guess which one?

Re: I'll be first - 02/24/14 03:18 AM

Can't fix stupid?

Re: I'll be first - 02/24/14 03:18 AM

ding ding ding. we have a winner

Re: I'll be first - 02/24/14 03:21 AM

That being said, watching front row at the Silver Lake tourny any one wanting 5a better bring there lunch box. SJA is battle tested with their schedule and will be a force to be reckoned with next weekend.

Re: I'll be first - 02/24/14 03:34 AM

“The pen is mightier than the sword.” False. You can use a sword to write anything you want with the blood of your slain enemies.
Posted By: Scooter

Re: I'll be first - 02/24/14 10:59 AM

Originally Posted By: J. Dale
Don't get the logic of "congrats to Mill Valley for beating them at regionals but SJA is still the team to beat" I would think that maybe Mill Valley would be "the team to beat" if they just beat "the team to beat". I'm thinking of a Ron White saying. Can anyone guess which one?

So just to clarify, you called me stupid, because I said SJA is still the team to beat at State?
Posted By: SilverSurfer

Re: I'll be first - 02/24/14 03:35 PM

Kapaun looked tough today. Congratulations on winning regionals. They got my vote for new favorite team in 5A.

Yep, 5A is shaping up to be a real dog fight. Having seen SJA for the first time at the Pittsburg regional, I think they look pretty tough. They won't be sending a 106, 195, & 285, but they have 8 guys that could go very deep in the brackets.

My money is on SJA, but which weights do you pundits who lean towards Kap think they will overtake SJA?

Re: I'll be first - 02/24/14 03:43 PM

Well, if it is turning into a DOG FIGHT my money is on The Ark City Bulldogs. You can never count out Bulldog Magic.

Re: I'll be first - 02/24/14 03:49 PM

Well, if it is turning into a DOG FIGHT my money is on The Ark City Bulldogs. You can never count out Bulldog Magic.

I can't wait to see them wrestle, too. Being from the KC metro area, we don't get many chances to see them, but they performed well at the Newton TOC. I just wish Kap and SJA would compete there also.
Posted By: rccokeley

Re: I'll be first - 02/24/14 03:58 PM

Or maybe KMC and Ark City should come to the Bobcat?

Re: I'll be first - 02/24/14 04:02 PM

Originally Posted By: rccokeley
Or maybe KMC and Ark City should come to the Bobcat?

Well played, sir. Well played.

Re: I'll be first - 02/24/14 04:04 PM

We are happy at Perry, KC Stampede, Derby, Newton, and Garden City.

Re: I'll be first - 02/24/14 05:03 PM

That's a nice schedule.

Re: I'll be first - 02/25/14 02:07 AM

Speaking of dogs, their dog barks from 2-2:30 AM and the neighbors don’t care, but I bark back for 30 seconds and suddenly they’re annoyed.
Posted By: Dean Welsh

Re: I'll be first - 02/27/14 03:29 AM

Originally Posted By: PatrickCavanaugh

He's THE MAN when it comes to promoting them is a more accurate statement.

Very well said Patrick. I have been on this forum for many years. I cannot recall a single episode of him 'knocking on high school kids.' Chief treats all persons with respect, dignity and kindness. If asdf... can provide no examples of this 'knocking' idea . . . then maybe asdf... needs to keep their fingers silent. Put up or shut up.

From the 'Board Rules' for this forum:

There are just two basic rules that are necessary to keep in mind. First, remember that this is a family oriented forum, and is regularly viewed by young wrestlers. Second, "cheap shots" will not be tolerated. *****If you are going to post a message critical of an individual, group or idea, you must give your true name and/or email address. Be willing to stand behind your comments, or keep them to yourself.*****

Again troller asdf. . . Put up or shut up.
Posted By: KSwrestler103

Re: I'll be first - 02/27/14 07:17 PM

Chief posted the records of 2 Kapaun kids and said they wouldn't place at state and basically that they shouldn't have been in the regional finals. But after people started calling him out on it, he deleted his post. That is what I think was being referred to about him "knocking on high school kids".

Re: I'll be first - 02/27/14 07:20 PM

Never said they shouldn't have been in the regional finals. I just had others placing ahead of them at state. Do you disagree Tyler?
Posted By: Tom Heier

Re: I'll be first - 02/27/14 07:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Chief Renegade
Never said they shouldn't have been in the regional finals. I just had others placing ahead of them at state. Do you disagree Tyler?

While this is technically true, I think most of us know what you were implying Eric.

Re: I'll be first - 02/27/14 09:12 PM

No implying. After working on the 5A rankings there were at least six wrestlers ahead of them by criteria.

Re: I'll be first - 02/27/14 11:35 PM

But, that is what was being implied. Yes, KSwrestler103, that is what I was referring to.

Criteria and bias can be a fine line. Flo rankings and Intermat rankings differ despite the exact same criteria, implicating a bias of sorts.

Re: I'll be first - 02/27/14 11:38 PM

My point was, it wasn't implication, it was clear.

Re: I'll be first - 02/27/14 11:42 PM

Chief says leave 'em home, Coach Klein!

Re: I'll be first - 02/27/14 11:48 PM

Chief says leave 'em home, Coach Klein!

Lol. I know this is reasoning 201 for you asdf, but my being clear was that they were clearly not ranked. Which basically changes nothing. There are 16 in each bracket with 6 medals awarded. Coach Dryden will have all of his guys battle ready. That you can count on.
Posted By: CWB

Re: I'll be first - 02/28/14 01:13 AM

Chief thanks for the time you put in for wrestling.Not sure why you have to put up with BS all the time or how you can handle it.I know A good 90% of the guys that talk crap could never do what you do daily for wrestling. I see more men on here talking crap than ever. What happen to the men? Now a good bunch of them wine like little girls,run there mouth like teenage girls and back it up like nerds hiding behind A key board.

Charles Bradford
Posted By: MSvikings

Re: I'll be first - 02/28/14 12:03 PM

Electronic courage. You got to love it. I like reading all the crying. Keep it up boys.

Josh Parker
Posted By: luellen

Re: I'll be first - 02/28/14 12:55 PM

Thanks for all the work on the rankings & promoting Kansas wrestling Chief. You do a lot for the sport we love. For this I have the upmost respect.

Comments from no name spineless mud slingers mean nothing from where I stand. There a dime a dozen. Just when they seem to be going away two more show up. Kinda like warts.
Posted By: L.Geyer

Re: I'll be first - 02/28/14 01:51 PM

Hey asdf...
Since you like facts so much here are some for you.

1. You have 19 post on this forum.
2. You have been some type of negative on all 19 post.
3. You like to try to stir things up on this forum.
4. You have still NOT posted your name.

Chief and I have disagreed on a few of the rankings over the years, but overall he does a great job, and he is usually spot on with his predictions. I would not want his thankless VOLUNTEER job of doing this.

Lance Geyer
Posted By: coach craig

Re: I'll be first - 02/28/14 04:14 PM

Two things here....

1. QWERTY needs to get a screen name or go away.

2. As a forum how have we overlooked Jerry Dale barking at a dog at 2 in the morning and not commented on it???? The mental image alone should have generated 3 individual topics alone. I hope he barked at the neighbors when they started yelling at him.

Peace and doughnut grease,

Dr. Craig Adams Attorney At Law

Re: I'll be first - 02/28/14 04:49 PM

Originally Posted By: L.Geyer
Hey asdf...
Since you like facts so much here are some for you.

1. You have 19 post on this forum.
2. You have been some type of negative on all 19 post.
3. You like to try to stir things up on this forum.
4. You have still NOT posted your name.

Chief and I have disagreed on a few of the rankings over the years, but overall he does a great job, and he is usually spot on with his predictions. I would not want his thankless VOLUNTEER job of doing this.

Lance Geyer

Even this one was negative?
"In a perfect world it would be nice to have a system that kept girls and boys wrestling separate, as in Texas. They have girls wrestling as a completely separate entity. I think that is the best solution."
If that's negative, I will never be able to be positive. The rules state that I need to provide my real name AND/OR email address. I posted my email somewhere. You can fish through my posts to find it, though it's probably been deleted.
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums