Kansas Wrestling

Metro Classic Information

Posted By: Westfahl

Metro Classic Information - 02/23/14 12:35 PM

Coaches if you have nominations for the Metro Classic you can get that information to me on here or to Gary Ulmer, Chris Paisley, Randy Hinderlighter, or Tom Carbajo all this week. Information sheets and nomination forms should have been passed out at all regionals. If not and you wish to nominate a wrestler you can simply PM me (Randy Westfahl) here with that information or contact any of the above committee members. Gary Ulmer's fax number is 913-768-7239. Only the head coaches of the respective wrestler may nominate his wrestler for the meet.

Please include a phone number for both the Head Coach and the Wrestler. That is very important. We have a selection meeting next Sunday and we will be contacting all those wrestlers and their coaches around 7 P.M. or later on March 2. It is important that we have good phone numbers to do that. Information will be posted on the kcmetroclassic.com website and the teams will be announced there as well on Sunday night. Good luck to all Kansas wrestlers in the state meets. You guys have put on quite a show this year and we congratulate each and every one of you.
Posted By: Gary Ulmer

Re: Metro Classic Information - 02/23/14 02:27 PM

It has come to my attention that someone has been telling wrestlers in the metro area that they have been selected to the 2014 KC Metro Classic Kansas team. Nothing could be further from the truth. The selection committee has not even met yet on the matter and will not until after the state tournament. So if you have been told you have been chosen to the Kansas team, as of yet those selections have not been made and that person does not have the authority to make that commitment.

The announcement of the teams will be first posted on the KC Metro Classic website. www.kcmetroclassic.com

Re: Metro Classic Information - 02/24/14 03:24 AM

bump

Re: Metro Classic Information - 02/25/14 03:03 PM

We are in the process of putting together the list of nominees for the meet. It is nearly complete I think. Just a few reminders, coaches please give us your phone number and a good phone for the wrestler. We need that in the event that they are picked we can call them Sunday night and get them set up.

Remember no decisions have been made or will be made until next Sunday after the state meet. There has been some confusion on this information but no decisions or invitations will be made or extended until Sunday evening, March 2. Coaches if you have not sent phone numbers you can PM me here with them or contact any committee members, Gary Ulmer, Chris Paisley, Randy Hinderliter, Tom Carbajo or myself. Wrestlers good luck at your respective State Tourney's. That is certainly the far more important task at hand. We wish you all the best.
Posted By: smokeycabin

Re: Metro Classic Information - 03/02/14 05:13 PM

Bump
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums