Kansas Wrestling

Congrats Coach Medina! KWCA 5A Coach of the Year!

Posted By: Cokeley

Congrats Coach Medina! KWCA 5A Coach of the Year! - 03/12/14 09:45 PM

St. James Academy has known just ONE head coach. The program started with JUST a Freshman Class in 2005/06. They crowned their first state champ in 2008 with just three classes. In 2009 the school had its first graduating class while crowing two more state champs. SJA in just its 6th year of graduating a class won its first state team title to go along with a state runner up and four regional championships. 12 Individual state champs, 5 runner ups and 14 placers (3rd-6th). Three Metro Classic representatives and one Jeffery Wicina Scholarship Award winner.

The Thunder Family appreciates and congratulates Mike Medina for this great accomplishment.
Posted By: shudog

Re: Congrats Coach Medina! KWCA 5A Coach of the Year! - 03/12/14 10:50 PM

Congratulations to Coach Medina! Well deserved and truly a class act.
Posted By: PatrickCavanaugh

Re: Congrats Coach Medina! KWCA 5A Coach of the Year! - 03/13/14 12:10 AM

Congratulations!
Posted By: doug747

Re: Congrats Coach Medina! KWCA 5A Coach of the Year! - 03/13/14 12:55 AM

Without stepping on the toes of previous winners, I say it's about time....COngrats to Coach Medina
Posted By: ksuwrestling2

Re: Congrats Coach Medina! KWCA 5A Coach of the Year! - 03/13/14 01:00 AM

[quote=Cokeley]St. James Academy has known just ONE head coach. The program started with JUST a Freshman Class in 2005/06. They crowned their first state champ in 2008 with just three classes. In 2009 the school had its first graduating class while crowing two more state champs. SJA in just its 6th year of graduating a class won its first state team title to go along with a state runner up and four regional championships. 12 Individual state champs, 5 runner ups and 14 placers (3rd-6th). Three Metro Classic representatives and one Jeffery Wicina Scholarship Award winner.

You are making my argument for me. Behold: the power of MONEY.
Posted By: John Johnson

Re: Congrats Coach Medina! KWCA 5A Coach of the Year! - 03/13/14 01:23 AM

O' Come on...this is about Coach Medina, not Will. Will may deserve some of what you throw at him, but not on here. Coach Medina is really a good guy...he deserves better.
Posted By: ksuwrestling2

Re: Congrats Coach Medina! KWCA 5A Coach of the Year! - 03/13/14 01:26 AM

Agree to disagree.
Posted By: westwrestling

Re: Congrats Coach Medina! KWCA 5A Coach of the Year! - 03/13/14 01:42 AM

Mike Medina is more than just a coach.
He truly walks with his wrestlers on and off the mat!
He wants them to not only succeed in wrestling, but in life as well.
I can not think of anyone more deserving!
Coach, Thanks for all your help.

The Pratt's

Posted By: Coach Fitz

Re: Congrats Coach Medina! KWCA 5A Coach of the Year! - 03/13/14 02:07 AM

Congrats Coach Medina! You've been a great coach for years - glad to see some well deserved recognition.
Posted By: J. Dale

Re: Congrats Coach Medina! KWCA 5A Coach of the Year! - 03/13/14 02:14 AM

Re: Congrats Coach Medina! KWCA 5A Coach of the Year! - 03/13/14 02:17 AM

Re: Congrats Coach Medina! KWCA 5A Coach of the Year! - 03/13/14 02:33 AM

I've deleted previous post and started a new thread because Coach Medina deserves more respect than that.
Posted By: Chief Renegade

Re: Congrats Coach Medina! KWCA 5A Coach of the Year! - 03/13/14 05:21 AM

There are not many like Mike Medina. Integrity and class on the mat and in his life. Well deserved honor coach!
Posted By: Travis Phippen

Re: Congrats Coach Medina! KWCA 5A Coach of the Year! - 03/13/14 11:30 AM

Very well deserved. Congrats Mike!
Posted By: budkes

Re: Congrats Coach Medina! KWCA 5A Coach of the Year! - 03/13/14 11:39 AM

Congratulations Mike! One of the classiest guys and best coaches I have met.
He also is key to helping most of the young freshman studs from all over the state because he opens up the wrestling room and the school for us to use as the Schoolboy duals camp. Thanks for all that you do!

Shawn Budke
Posted By: Kit Harris

Re: Congrats Coach Medina! KWCA 5A Coach of the Year! - 03/13/14 12:23 PM

Congrats Coach Medina! Definitely a great guy, class act, and outstanding coach. Makes kids better without a doubt.
Posted By: doug747

Re: Congrats Coach Medina! KWCA 5A Coach of the Year! - 03/13/14 12:43 PM

Wait a minute, I might want to pull back on my congratulation, but I'm waiting to hear from Moser how Coach Medina bought this award. If that rotten evil rich Mike Medina paid off the voters, I'm going to be mad!! How could he???!!!.......

Tear down successful people, instead of building up the ones that are not yet successful. Typical liberal mentality of today's world.

I'll go ahead and keep my congrats intact....
Posted By: Beeson

Re: Congrats Coach Medina! KWCA 5A Coach of the Year! - 03/13/14 01:21 PM

Originally Posted By: ksuwrestling2
Originally Posted By: Cokeley
St. James Academy has known just ONE head coach. The program started with JUST a Freshman Class in 2005/06. They crowned their first state champ in 2008 with just three classes. In 2009 the school had its first graduating class while crowing two more state champs. SJA in just its 6th year of graduating a class won its first state team title to go along with a state runner up and four regional championships. 12 Individual state champs, 5 runner ups and 14 placers (3rd-6th). Three Metro Classic representatives and one Jeffery Wicina Scholarship Award winner.

You are making my argument for me. Behold: the power of MONEY.

The POWER OF MONEY would have gotten it done in two to three years. This was just good ole fashioned hard work, it seems to take a little longer but is so much more worth it. Congratultions Coach Medina.
Posted By: Just Wondering

Re: Congrats Coach Medina! KWCA 5A Coach of the Year! - 03/13/14 01:46 PM

Congrats Coach Medina. This years team put on a show a State. Much deserved award.
Posted By: Joe Knecht

Re: Congrats Coach Medina! KWCA 5A Coach of the Year! - 03/13/14 01:55 PM

Well deserved award for someone with character who gets the best out his team and gets results.

Congrats to Coach Medina!
Posted By: Tujague

Re: Congrats Coach Medina! KWCA 5A Coach of the Year! - 03/13/14 02:48 PM

Congratulations Mike! I know I speak for the rest of the parents when I say thank you for ALL you have done for our sons and for going the extra mile many times over. Our team would not be what it is without you. We are blessed to be part of the Thunder Wrestling Family!

Jerry Tujague
Posted By: JCook

Re: Congrats Coach Medina! KWCA 5A Coach of the Year! - 03/13/14 05:05 PM

Congrats!!
Posted By: Gary Ulmer

Re: Congrats Coach Medina! KWCA 5A Coach of the Year! - 03/13/14 05:46 PM

Congratulations Mike, continue to set the bar high and the rest will do the same. Thanks for all you do for wrestling.
Posted By: M.Church_AD

Re: Congrats Coach Medina! KWCA 5A Coach of the Year! - 03/13/14 07:01 PM

He won the State Tournament in 1 day!

Now you will get the guys who say... "Well he had all of that Talent" - To that I say... Who can win the state tournament with no talent? Coaching talent is a lot harder than most people think. You still have to improve their already great talent. You still have to manage them in the classroom. You still have to coach them in making good social decisions (which we know kids don't). You still have to motivate talent. You still have to get talent in shape. You still have to prepare talent to compete!!!

So... Congrats Coach Medina... Money or no money... Private or public... Talent or no talent... You Got it done and you deserve this award!!!

Churchie
Posted By: usawks1

Re: Congrats Coach Medina! KWCA 5A Coach of the Year! - 03/13/14 07:03 PM

Congrats!!

Re: Congrats Coach Medina! KWCA 5A Coach of the Year! - 03/13/14 08:55 PM

Incredible post Coach Church. Wish all coaches look at coaching like you do.
Posted By: tbrummer

Re: Congrats Coach Medina! KWCA 5A Coach of the Year! - 03/14/14 12:07 AM

Off topic but curious what song is that little monkey jamming to?

Re: Congrats Coach Medina! KWCA 5A Coach of the Year! - 03/14/14 01:04 AM

Baba O'Riley by The Who. Teen age wasteland. What else? He's a huge Pete Townsend fan.
Posted By: Rford

Re: Congrats Coach Medina! KWCA 5A Coach of the Year! - 03/14/14 02:14 AM

Congratulations. Both the coach and his team are class acts.
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums