Kansas Wrestling

Wrestling room sub-floor

Posted By: Brent Lane

Wrestling room sub-floor - 07/03/14 03:26 AM

Any advice, hints, or tips on building a platform/sub-floor for our wrestling room would be appreciated. Does anyone have any plans or specifications?
Posted By: Regan Erickson

Re: Wrestling room sub-floor - 07/07/14 01:47 AM

Coach we use the blue 4x8 sheets of insulation, used for houses. I think it is an inch thick. I really like it, zero issues/problems, seems to keep the mats dry, etc. It's not cheap, but also seems to soften the mats. Let me know if questions.
Posted By: Cokeley

Re: Wrestling room sub-floor - 07/08/14 10:45 PM

We purchased foam blocks with adhesive on them and put them on the back side of plywood to create a subfloor that had some "give" to it. I have also used plastic pallets in my barn which has significant forgiveness.
Posted By: LC Davis

Re: Wrestling room sub-floor - 09/17/18 04:50 PM

Mr. Cokeley, where did you purchase your foam blocks?

LC
Posted By: S McFee

Re: Wrestling room sub-floor - 09/24/18 08:17 PM

we used 3/4" plywood on 1/2" furring strips for the base, then 1/2" resilite foam glued to the plywood. Pretty expensive but made a very good solid floor with a sufficient give.

Regan, did you put the insulation on plywood, and how did you bond to keep from slipping?
Posted By: LC Davis

Re: Wrestling room sub-floor - 09/25/18 02:11 PM

Thanks for the insight
so did not use two layers of plywood since you used 3/4"??
I'm planning to use 3x3x3 foam blocks and two layers of 3/8" plywood
still pretty expensive also

LC
Posted By: S McFee

Re: Wrestling room sub-floor - 09/25/18 09:31 PM

just one layer of plywood, raised slightly on strips to allow air flow under and a little spring. Nothing cheap about doing it right.
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums