Kansas Wrestling

Just the facts - Grading the rankings

Posted By: Cokeley

Just the facts - Grading the rankings - 08/25/14 04:03 AM

6A: 9/10 Top ten – The only miss was Dodge City at #11

5A: 8/10 Top Ten – The only two misses were Lansing at #11 and BVSW at #14

4A: 5/10 Top Ten – Misses were Augusta #14, Andover Central at #15, Abilene at #20, Goodland at #22 and Baldwin at #25

Looking forward to the Classification Announcements for this year. I know Pittsburg is going to make some noise wherever they are but if they are in 4A, they will be in the hunt.

5A should be a dog fight but Goddard has to be the favorite on paper going into the season. Ark City is restocking this year.

6A looks to be Olathe North, Manhattan, Derby and Garden City.

Posted By: Travis Phippen

Re: Just the facts - Grading the rankings - 08/25/14 12:21 PM

Basehor will make some noise in 4a.
Posted By: Chief Renegade

Re: Just the facts - Grading the rankings - 08/25/14 06:46 PM

Nice job by Wyatt on the 321A rankings:

9/10 Top Ten - only miss was #11 Oberlin.
Posted By: Just Wondering

Re: Just the facts - Grading the rankings - 09/03/14 07:15 PM

Will, interesting and I would agree, pretty darn good job by the rankers for 6a,5a and 123A.

As the team ranking is one piece if the weekly rankings, I think it would be interesting (and others might also like to see) how well they did in each individual weight class. (Week before state vs state results). As the man with "just the facts" can you provide?
Posted By: Beeson

Re: Just the facts - Grading the rankings - 09/03/14 08:29 PM

What would be the most interesting is how close the very first rankings of the year were compared to the end of the year. Predicting the outcome the week before State should be fairly close.

The rankers have a tough, thankless job, and believe it or not I appreciate them. But let's not pat them on the back too hard for getting it so close a week before State when only qualifiers are left to rank.
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums