Kansas Wrestling

Horrible News

Posted By: usawks1

Horrible News - 09/03/15 03:23 PM

It appears that Reece Wright-Conklin has died in a Wichita motorcycle accident at 4 am today. Reece was a multi-time State Champ from Lawerence. He most recently had wrestled for Newman University. More information will be coming on this fine young man who was taken too soon.
Posted By: Ed Wilson

Re: Horrible News - 09/03/15 03:47 PM

That is horrible news, a tremendous loss.
Posted By: all boys

Re: Horrible News - 09/03/15 05:25 PM

Prayers to his Family!
Posted By: L.Geyer

Re: Horrible News - 09/03/15 06:46 PM

I just read this. Such sad news.

Prayers to the family.

Hays Wrestling Club
Posted By: CoachEd

Re: Horrible News - 09/03/15 07:31 PM

Prayers from the Edison's and The Wichita Blue Knights. Tragic loss!!!!!!!!!

Ms Jenni
Posted By: mmiddleton15

Re: Horrible News - 09/03/15 08:18 PM

Praying for God's comfort for mom and family; for loving support of family and friends.

Reece a role model for all; a champion in our hearts; a good friend in our lives.
~Middleton's
Posted By: ReDPloyd

Re: Horrible News - 09/04/15 02:00 AM

I have had a lot of time to think about this since I heard the news early this morning. I am compelled to share a few thoughts that I have had throughout the day when reflecting on this tragic event.

Reece was probably the most powerful and technically proficient high school wrestler that I have had the privilege to watch. He was a beast on the mat, but he was also a great teammate to the other guys on the squad during competition. I remember so many times that he would gather up the other LHS teammates to go support their wrestlers by the side of the mat. I know that my son was honored to have Reece and his teammates supporting him through his first two years of high school competition.

Reece was also a gentleman off the mat. He showed a lot of respect to others (including dads like me) and was just a beacon of light for others to follow. He gave back to wrestling by helping coach during youth wrestling tournaments. He even coached my two youngest sons in a couple of matches last year and my wife was so impressed in how he interacted with them before, during and after their matches.

Last of all, I have such a heavy heart for those who were closest to him. His family, his coaches, teammates and friends. Those of us that didn't know him near as well but were fortunate enough to get to know him through our connections in the sport are hurting.
Posted By: Mike Juby

Re: Horrible News - 09/04/15 01:34 PM

This is the fundraising campaign for Support Reece Wright-Conklin family: http://de.gofund.me/nm3dn6dg
Posted By: JCook

Re: Horrible News - 09/04/15 03:09 PM

Prayers for the family and the wrestling family.
Posted By: Sudawn Bradley

Re: Horrible News - 09/05/15 01:16 AM

Such sad news. Reece was such an awesome young man. Prayers for his family during this very difficult time.

Bradley Family
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums