Posted By: Coach Malay

Re: Bob Kuhn Prairie Classic - 01/24/16 02:23 PM

Some great matches this weekend
Posted By: Salt

Re: Bob Kuhn Prairie Classic - 01/24/16 10:01 PM

Who ended up winning OW?
Posted By: Pelland

Re: Bob Kuhn Prairie Classic - 01/25/16 12:07 AM

Chase Prester of Russell was the OW I believe.
Posted By: Salt

Re: Bob Kuhn Prairie Classic - 01/25/16 12:55 AM

Thanks, and it makes sense. He looked outstanding, especially with a bracket with only 2 losing records, 6 ranked kids, and an 11-3 win in the finals. Congrats to undefeated Chase Prester!

Re: Bob Kuhn Prairie Classic - 01/25/16 01:31 AM

Prester put on a clinic after he got past his quarters match against Dale. He outscored his final two opponents 17-4. Both were state ranked.
Posted By: Pelland

Re: Bob Kuhn Prairie Classic - 01/25/16 02:21 AM

Didn't Austin Dale come from Russell and the Russell Wrestling Club?
Posted By: Holliday Hays

Re: Bob Kuhn Prairie Classic - 01/25/16 03:12 AM

I believe so
Posted By: Cowbuff

Re: Bob Kuhn Prairie Classic - 01/25/16 03:21 AM

Well if you look at other posts and the good ol boy about refs. Dale won that match. No problem with the 195 years of experience. But where was the young ins some where all out of position all weekend. Not horrible calls but was not in position

Re: Bob Kuhn Prairie Classic - 01/25/16 03:43 AM

I heard about of screaming and hollering from the Hays crowd while our 152 pounder was wrestling. Heard later what happened in a round about way. Also heard from neutral sides that it was a bad call, and then i heard it was a good call from neutral sides.
Posted By: L.Geyer

Re: Bob Kuhn Prairie Classic - 01/26/16 02:05 AM

I watched the match and stalling was called at the towell tap and Prester was awarded the point to go to overtime. Dale was up by 1 and was hand fighting and working for inside ties, not really backing up, but not aggressively shooting either. My opinion wrestling smart with a 1pt lead with 20 sec left. Dale starts to work a front Headlock at the end of regulation and gets dinged for a point. Was it stalling I do not believe so, could of it been stalling at about the 15 sec mark possibly, but not when he was dinged. Either way it was a great match by two class act wrestlers.

Lance Geyer
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums