Kansas Wrestling

RankWrestlers All-Americans in Kansas

Posted By: RankWrestlers

RankWrestlers All-Americans in Kansas - 01/12/17 07:13 PM

Ten wrestlers in Kansas have achieved the status of RankWrestlers All-American (see complete national list here). Congrats to the following, who are among the best of the best in the country:

- Anthony Capul (Andale)
- Sean Singleton (Bonner Springs)
- Devin Plaza (Dodge City)
- Cale Davidson (Goddard)
- Daniel Butler (Leavenworth)
- Jalin Harper (Manhattan)
- Mason Wallace (Manhattan)
- Dylan Prince (Pittsburg)
- Kayne Hutchison (Pittsburg)
- Clay Lautt (Saint James Academy)
Posted By: Beeson

Re: RankWrestlers All-Americans in Kansas - 01/12/17 09:09 PM

What kind of scam is this? Dayton Fix isn't ranked. I also noticed several Nationally Ranked wrestles didn't make the list.

Re: RankWrestlers All-Americans in Kansas - 01/13/17 08:49 PM

Daton Fix is not on the list of Oklahoma RankWrestlers All-Americans (and some others as well) because the RankWrestlers rankings are based on results in TrackWrestling, and only two of his matches are currently on Track. Not a perfect system because of lack of raw information from some teams, but a helpful way to objectively rank wrestlers using an algorithm that considers type of win, strength of opponent and head-to-head adjustments.

Re: RankWrestlers All-Americans in Kansas - 01/13/17 09:04 PM

It looks like you are missing over half of the truly ranked wrestles in the country. Far from perfect. False sense of accomplishment, which is a huge problem in America.

Re: RankWrestlers All-Americans in Kansas - 01/13/17 09:58 PM

That may be a bit overstated, but a few big states do not use TrackWrestling much at all (California, Illinois and Oklahoma come to mind), and some teams within other states are better than others at posting results. I wish all states would fully adopt TrackWrestling, but it does not take away from the accomplishments of the incredible wrestlers on the list now.

Re: RankWrestlers All-Americans in Kansas - 01/13/17 11:23 PM

I disagree! Without adding the best in the country, you diminish the validity of your rankings.
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums