Kansas Wrestling

4A announcing

Posted By: Pelland

4A announcing - 02/23/18 03:41 PM

Without the dashboard on TW, we wouldn’t know who’s wrestling. Announce who’s up next after you announce the winner, or I guess I can go get a couple portable charges to get through the day.
Posted By: Aaron Sweazy

Re: 4A announcing - 02/23/18 04:04 PM

I just found the dashboard in like 2 minutes for 4a. Just click on dashboard.
Posted By: doug747

Re: 4A announcing - 02/23/18 10:41 PM

Can’t even announce the semifinalists names before their match... I guess it saves us the mispronunciation we would have to hear...

We have to get all classes together and make this more of an event...
Posted By: sportsfan02

Re: 4A announcing - 02/24/18 03:51 AM

Originally Posted By: doug747
Can’t even announce the semifinalists names before their match..

They need to have one person responsible for announcing the winners and another person announcing the match participants. It is too much for one person to do both jobs.
Posted By: Beeson

Re: 4A announcing - 02/24/18 12:54 PM

I guarantee I could do both. Pronounce names, give stats, rankings, and sound excited.
So much I am disappointed in at 4A. The officials are beginners at best. Have no idea on boundary lines, back points, stalling, just to name a few.

And it is like Nazi Germany in the venue. I had forgotten how bad the venue was.
Posted By: Coach Malay

Re: 4A announcing - 02/24/18 12:58 PM

Come to 321a and Listen to Carl Mohler. Dude is a machine.
Posted By: Salt

Re: 4A announcing - 02/24/18 03:17 PM

Announcing the incorrect winner time after time after time after time.....after time

Re: 4A announcing - 02/24/18 11:15 PM

That is Brad Taylor
Posted By: bountyhunter

Re: 4A announcing - 02/25/18 01:28 AM

Ya, whoever did the finals in Hays was not very good. I know both Brad and Carl, but was sitting where I couldn't see the head table to see which one it was.

Re: 4A announcing - 02/25/18 02:00 AM

Brad does finals. Why, i dont know. He stumbles through them every year.

Re: 4A announcing - 02/25/18 02:40 AM

Originally Posted By: sportsfan02
Originally Posted By: doug747
Can’t even announce the semifinalists names before their match..

They need to have one person responsible for announcing the winners and another person announcing the match participants. It is too much for one person to do both jobs.

That would be an great start! I spent way to much time on my phone burning battery and data trying to figure who's up on what mat. Last year was the same way.

Re: 4A announcing - 02/25/18 05:05 AM

Originally Posted By: Salt
Announcing the incorrect winner time after time after time after time.....after time

lol ... I thought I was the only one that noticed that. If he was trying to do it all, then his plate was definitely full. Sporto's comment of having one guy call out the winners and another follow that up with the wrestlers up next would be a great improvement from a fans perspective.
Posted By: Butt Water

Re: 4A announcing - 02/25/18 05:19 AM

Brad's voice will always make me think "state championship finals"; Brad's grammar/pronunciation/stumbling will always make me think "Lord, give this guy a script". He referred to Dayton Poersch (spelling?) as "Dillon." How do you not know the name of a 2 time defending state champ of a tournament in which you have literally ANNOUNCED HIM CORRECTLY IN THE STATE FINALS BOTH YEARS PREVIOUS....

Re: 4A announcing - 02/26/18 04:10 AM

Originally Posted By: Beeson
I guarantee I could do both. Pronounce names, give stats, rankings, and sound excited.
So much I am disappointed in at 4A. The officials are beginners at best. Have no idea on boundary lines, back points, stalling, just to name a few.

And it is like Nazi Germany in the venue. I had forgotten how bad the venue was.

I thought the officiating was pretty good overall. Out of bounds can be tough to call. Sometimes I think the whistle blows to fast. Stalling definitely needs to be called early in a match. Waiting til the last 20 seconds is pointless, and calling it early will make the last minute of a close match that much more exciting, and take the pressure off of the official too.

The venue does suck! I brought in a small camera bag and security had to search it.

My wife and I were talking on the way home. I'm sure you would like to go back up to 5a, but we sure hope you guys stay in 4a. Ark City definitely raises the bar!
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums