Kansas Wrestling

OPC

Posted By: Chuck Schremmer

OPC - 12/01/23 04:57 AM

I’m trying to put my kids hydration and alpha weight into track (opc), but it’s asking for % body fat. It has a pre added NaN in the % body fat spot, but it says I need to enter in numbers when I click on next. Anybody know what I’m supposed to put in to finish this thing up

Thanks
Posted By: greendog

Re: OPC - 12/01/23 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Chuck Schremmer
I’m trying to put my kids hydration and alpha weight into track (opc), but it’s asking for % body fat. It has a pre added NaN in the % body fat spot, but it says I need to enter in numbers when I click on next. Anybody know what I’m supposed to put in to finish this thing up

Thanks

As of now Body Fat % is not a requirement per KSHSAA. But, it is a required entry into track wrestling for OPC. If you have a pair calipers you could do a quick analysis of body fat % or just give it a guess and enter an amount in. Please let me know if I am wrong?!?!
Posted By: Devast8r

Re: OPC - 12/01/23 04:18 PM

When I was putting mine in, I just did a quick search on Google for the Avg. Body Fat % for High School Boys/Girls. It came up with a Range of 13-17% for Boys & 21-25% for Girls. My lightweights were at one end, middle in the middle & heavy's were at the top-end. I don't think it makes any difference in the long run, but I could be wrong. I think I put in a few different %'s, and the Minimum Weight Wrestled (MWW) didn't change.
Posted By: Coach O'Hare

Re: OPC - 12/02/23 05:15 AM

I checked with KSHSAA before entering ours & was informed that it does not matter what you enter as long as it meets the required criteria. It will not be considered & has no influence on the minimum weight class calculation.
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums