Kansas Wrestling

Power lifting

Posted By: We_The_Cocks

Power lifting - 04/13/05 03:04 AM

Ok so I'm needing a lil help. Since wrestling has been over I've put the weight back on. I am going to state powerlifting this Saturday and I'm 7lbs over. Since wrestling has been over I haven't had the intense drilling or pratices and need a quick (maybe not so safe) way to lose weight...without having to have a toilet around 24/7. Any suggestions. And is anyone else going to Meade for powerlifting?
Posted By: Computerized Shoes

Re: Power lifting - 04/13/05 03:13 AM

You should try bloodletting...I know they practiced this often back in the Crusader days.

Another safe method would be to run in a rubber suit on a treadmill next to a fire (make sure the rubber suit is far away from the fire of course).

The best method of all is too lock yourself in a room with four friends and have them beat the crap out of you until you can't stand. This burns countless calories as well as water weight loss. I know we practice this often at my High School's wrestling room.
Posted By: Aaron Sweazy

Re: Power lifting - 04/13/05 03:17 AM

cut back on fluids (don't eliminate them) and eat light but healthy! Exercise by doing simple things like walking in the mall, shooting hoops whatever. I don't suggest doing to much heavy lifting or anything to make your muscles super sore.
Posted By: Ron James

Re: Power lifting - 04/13/05 04:24 PM

cut off one arm

Re: Power lifting - 04/13/05 08:54 PM

Thanks guys for all your suggestions. I think I'm gonna try the cutting off my arm. Thanks pennywise#2!!!
Posted By: 125 beast

Re: Power lifting - 04/13/05 09:25 PM

i lost 15lbs by stop lifting weights
Posted By: iFeelFat

Re: Power lifting - 04/14/05 01:58 AM

get a fat girlfriend
Posted By: Coach Luedke

Re: Power lifting - 04/14/05 03:22 PM

Move up a wieghtclass?!!!!?!!!! A little simple you know......Ringnecks rule!
Posted By: hayhouse

Re: Power lifting - 04/15/05 01:08 AM

Good luck POWER LIFTING RULES!
Posted By: Dr. Bailey....

Re: Power lifting - 04/15/05 12:25 PM

Power lifting is all about muscle mass and energy. Cutting weight(Especially 15lbs quickly) is going to drastically cut down on your abilities. I'd go up a class if your that serious about it.
Posted By: smizzle

Re: Power lifting - 04/15/05 01:18 PM

how much do you lift cock

Re: Power lifting - 04/15/05 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by smizzle:
how much do you lift cock
I bench 275, squat 415, and clean 245.

And for everyone that says I should move up a weight class, of course that would be the easy thing, but I won't do as good at 198 as I would at 181.
Posted By: smizzle

Re: Power lifting - 04/15/05 05:03 PM

are you a sophomore? because I am, and I can bench 255 squat 355 and clean 225.
Posted By: Michael Malay

Re: Power lifting - 04/16/05 12:24 AM

Hes a Senior

Re: Power lifting - 04/16/05 12:25 AM

We have a junior in our school who weighs 155 and benches 245 squats 420 and cleans 285
Posted By: Bronco Wrestler

Re: Power lifting - 04/16/05 12:39 AM

who's that michael?
Posted By: James Joyce

Re: Power lifting - 04/16/05 07:03 PM

Olympic Style weightlifting is much more difficult and requires more athleticism than Power Lifting.
Posted By: Harlow

Re: Power lifting - 04/16/05 09:05 PM

I agree the Olympic Lifts are much more challenging!
Posted By: grla

Re: Power lifting - 04/17/05 04:21 PM

bench press and squat are power lifts. the clean isn't. no mention of deadlift numbers. Maybe you should know what power lifts are before you compete in a "powerlifting" competition.

Re: Power lifting - 04/17/05 07:49 PM

sorry but the three lifts are bench press squat and clean. dead lift isnt one.
Posted By: CoachEd

Re: Power lifting - 04/18/05 12:43 AM

Hayhouse,

Back when I was competing deadlift, benchpress and squats, where considered powerlifting divisions. They must have changed, of coursethat was only 17 years ago.

Lift hard,
Coach Ed

Re: Power lifting - 04/18/05 01:15 AM

Yes, hayhouse is right. The three lifts in powerlifting compitions are now bench, squat, and clean. grla, maybe you should know what lifts are done in a powerlifting compitition before telling me I'm wrong.

Re: Power lifting - 04/18/05 01:45 AM

Mark how's u do?

Re: Power lifting - 04/18/05 06:54 PM

I must agree with the above mentioned We_The_Cocks and Michael Malay. The 3 lifts classified in power lifting are:

Bench Press
Squat
Clean

Unless there's been a recent change in the termanology and lifts used, those are the ones listed on the State 4A powerlifting meet sheet from Abiliene High School

Re: Power lifting - 04/19/05 12:37 AM

they say its parallel squat but not to many people do go parallel. and its ok coach ed i like dead lift. more than squat.

Re: Power lifting - 04/19/05 01:53 AM

Where ever you've done squat it certianly wasn't at Meade. That judge made you go deffinately parallel.

Re: Power lifting - 04/19/05 07:28 PM

At a true Powerlifting meet the three lifts are as follows:

Squat
Bench
Deadlift

See any Powerlifting site on the web for confirmation.

For Olympic Lifting the two lifts are:

Snatch
Clean & Jerk

Once again, see any Olympic weightlifting site on the web for confirmation.

Re: Power lifting - 04/20/05 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by James Joyce:
At a true Powerlifting meet the three lifts are as follows:

Squat
Bench
Deadlift

See any Powerlifting site on the web for confirmation.

For Olympic Lifting the two lifts are:

Snatch
Clean & Jerk

Once again, see any Olympic weightlifting site on the web for confirmation.
The 4A state power lifting meet held at Abilene High School states that the lifts used are Squat, Clean, and Bench. I am sure that this is not Olympic lifting so we don't need to worry about that. Here's a link for some help. Powerlifting Information from Abiliene\'s Website

Re: Power lifting - 04/21/05 12:18 AM

This is not Powerlifting; this is not an event conforming to national Powerlifting standards-- this does not count. I can come up with any event and put whatever lifts I want to (Box jumps with barbells, sit-ups, dips and one handed push-ups etc.)in it, call it a "powerlifting meet" and have a grand old time, but that doesn't mean it conforms to the usual definition of Powerlifting.

Re: Power lifting - 04/21/05 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by We_The_Cocks:
Where ever you've done squat it certianly wasn't at Meade. That judge made you go deffinately parallel.
Good point, at meade there was no going low at all which stinks if you do. did you see the guy in the 132lbs class that broke all the records he was a stud.

Re: Power lifting - 04/21/05 12:59 AM

Quote:
that doesn't mean it conforms to the usual definition of Powerlifting.
Your definition of "usual" may differ from everyone elses

Re: Power lifting - 04/22/05 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Michael Malay:
Mark how's u do?
2nd in squat, 5th in clean and 5th in bench I believe. I got 5th overall too.
Posted By: iFeelFat

Re: Power lifting - 04/25/05 06:30 PM

JJ confirms to the "usual" definition of d-bag.

Re: Power lifting - 04/27/05 12:39 AM

Good show sir! If you don't stop with the name calling you might be sent to time out.

Post-Script: Did you mean I conform to the usual definition of d-bag?

Re: Power lifting - 04/27/05 12:54 AM

Quote:
Good show sir! If you don't stop with the name calling you might be sent to time out.

Post-Script: Did you mean I conform to the usual definition of d-bag?
I understand your spelling/grammar movement involvement for the second comment, but Good show sir? that leads me to believe you might have some different views than the rest of blue collar america..... but i guess it's a free country
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums