Kansas Wrestling

Just a few observations

Posted By: Dean Welsh

Just a few observations - 04/04/05 04:16 PM

Regarding Sr Nationals:

It is good to see that we finished much higher as a team than our neighbor MO.

and. . .

None of our 5 All-Americans went to a 6A school.

I'll let you make your own conclusions from those observations.
Posted By: W. Heights AD

Re: Just a few observations - 04/04/05 04:55 PM

Genius
Posted By: Chase

Re: Just a few observations - 04/04/05 07:17 PM

who won the dual though....hmmmmm
Posted By: Nigel Isom

Re: Just a few observations - 04/04/05 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chase:
who won the dual though....hmmmmm
Doesn't matter chase, our best wrestlers weren't at the Metro because well, our best wrestlers aren't from KC
Posted By: Straightshooter

Re: Just a few observations - 04/04/05 08:23 PM

I think he might have been talking about the big vs small school dual

Re: Just a few observations - 04/05/05 12:05 PM

Church no need to be a smart ****ss. I was just trying to generate a little conversation. You'd think with a name like "Church" that you would be more polite.

Re: Just a few observations - 04/05/05 12:43 PM

What does my last name have to do with anything my friend! Do you even know me I would not be a smart *** if I didnt find such funny rhetorical comments on here sometimes.

I am a very polite person and a very easy going person at that. I just found your comments about the five all-americans, however true, to be a little much for me.

I can do the same thing though:
Did you know two of our five all-americans have wrestled in 6A at some point in their high school careers.

Did you know 2 of our high school all-americans trained for high school nationals at a 6A school under a 6A coach.

Did you know that Joe Cornejo did not beat Danny Grater until he came and trained at a 6A school under a 6A coach.

Did you know our last High School National Champ came from a 6A school (Scott Coleman).

All true statements but made with a sarcastic tone.

That is what I am talking about. It's a ridiculous thing for me to make any of those comments. Those kids are good kids if they are in any class. This does not show one class is superior to the other.

We need GRAND STATE if you ever want to prove which is best. In my opinion, it does not matter which class is best. I would like to see all of them get better, stronger, and make national showings like they did this week-end every year. If Kansas wrestling gets better every year over all, I am fine with one class being tougher than the other.

Dwelsh~relax buddy, there have been a lot worse comments than mine made on this. Not intended to offend at all. Have a wonderful day.
Posted By: Tunnel of Fudge

Re: Just a few observations - 04/05/05 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dwelsh:
It is good to see that we finished much higher as a team than our neighbor MO.
37 KS entries vs. 21 MO entries...you should have finished higher.

Re: Just a few observations - 04/05/05 03:52 PM

Church, yes others have been bigger *****ss's. No doubt about that. That doesn't change the fact that your comment was uncalled for. Enough said. I will go and relax now. Have a good day also.
Posted By: Computerized Shoes

Re: Just a few observations - 04/05/05 04:22 PM

Fudgepacking Tunnel-lover:

It's your own state's fault for not entering more Seniors in the tournament. Should we be struck down with such comments for sending as many quality wrestlers to a quality tournament as we can...I think not. Eat it.

*word*
Posted By: blitzkrieg

Re: Just a few observations - 04/05/05 04:41 PM

According to the Sr Nationals post, you can only score point for one wrestler in each weight. Therefore the number of wrestlers being scored is equal.

He's bitter about KS out performing MO so he's trying to spin this stat or that.
Posted By: ksbevo

Re: Just a few observations - 04/05/05 10:46 PM

mike he wanted a response and f=got it. If you don't want a responce be cool dwelsh.
Mike I want to thank you for the wrestling at South . It really shows a lot of progress the wrestlers gained form your mini camp.The kids looked sharp. The things you do for the kids will
alwats be positiv.KEEP UP THE ECELLENT WORK.
Posted By: Aaron Sweazy

Re: Just a few observations - 04/05/05 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Computerized Shoes:
Fudgepacking Tunnel-lover:

It's your own state's fault for not entering more Seniors in the tournament. Should we be struck down with such comments for sending as many quality wrestlers to a quality tournament as we can...I think not. Eat it.

*word*
Missouri is closer to Cleveland Ohio, you guys should easily have sent more, especially with 2 big airports.

Re: Just a few observations - 04/06/05 12:50 PM

Bevo~ it's all good! I want to get some more mini-camps started like that. Get all the good kids with the inexperienced kids and make them better.

Re: Just a few observations - 04/06/05 05:40 PM

ksbevo, i desired an ***appropriate*** response. However, we don't always get what we want. And, everyone has the right to be an ****ss if they so desire.
Posted By: Mike Church Sr.

Re: Just a few observations - 04/06/05 06:17 PM

dwelsh,
If anyone is an ****$$ its you. While churchJR. merely referred to your remarks as genius you couldn't find a better choice of words than to call him an **$$ or take a jab at his name. In my book that pretty much makes you a pr**k! AHHHHH I feel better now I can go relax.
Posted By: Aaron Sweazy

Re: Just a few observations - 04/06/05 06:41 PM

I can relax knowing that the youth of Kansas are in such good hands.

Re: Just a few observations - 04/06/05 07:14 PM

OK, good point Church, SR. However, he started but i'll be done with this silly stuff now (good point Swaz). God bless ALL!!!!!!!!!

;-)
Posted By: mikechurch

Re: Just a few observations - 04/06/05 10:10 PM

Oh Big Mike, I should have known it would be a matter of time before you would put in your two cents on this one. Don't worry, Junior can handle himself. Remember, Junior is bigger than you now!!! hahaha About our youths being in such good hands, they are, I promise Swayz. dwelsh, are you a teacher? I agree, but the silly stuff is just as interesting as the serious stuff sometimes. God Bless All also! I am curious as to whom dwelsh is? Do we know each other? Have a wonderful evening.

Re: Just a few observations - 04/06/05 10:29 PM

I teach elementary phys ed in Junction City. I watched you win your state title several years ago. Good job.

I used to coach wrestling. Now, i'm just an 'old' (41 in a month) pe teacher/fan. I make it to several tourneys every year.

Peace to you Church.
Posted By: ksbevo

Re: Just a few observations - 04/06/05 10:30 PM

Mr. Swayz, Mike did not start this. The inappropriate remark was made by none other,than Dullish. He got a responce ,he started this. Yes you can relax because the kids are in good hands. You can bet there is not another Coach that gives more time to wrestling than Mike Church. He really cares about these boys.
Posted By: mikechurch

Re: Just a few observations - 04/06/05 11:26 PM

WWJD~ PEACE!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Mike Church Sr.

Re: Just a few observations - 04/06/05 11:48 PM

Son that digital camera you loaned me is a peice of junk..! I give it to the dogs for a play toy.

Re: Just a few observations - 04/07/05 11:55 AM

Church, JR - amen. PEACE! Jr and I are cool with each other. Why don't we all take a deep breath and give this one a rest?

Nothing quite like making a mountain out of an ant-hill. . .
Posted By: iFeelFat

Re: Just a few observations - 04/14/05 02:40 AM

you guys are tools
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums