Kansas Wrestling

3-2-1 A STATE WRESTLING

Posted By: wrestler60

3-2-1 A STATE WRESTLING - 01/08/06 10:37 PM

Who will win state? i personally think that silver lake will win it. the favorite is Norton. what is everybody elses opinion?
Posted By: Trego Wrestler

Re: 3-2-1 A STATE WRESTLING - 01/09/06 05:13 AM

Norton if they stay injury free. they have to many returning points
Posted By: wrestlingfan65

Re: 3-2-1 A STATE WRESTLING - 01/09/06 05:07 PM

If you think silver lake will win it you are probally from eastern kansas. silver lake does have a good time as usual but norton will probally place every weight from 112-171 and they will win some of those weights. Unless they have a serious string of injuries norton will win state and silver lake will probally be in the top 5 again but not have a real chance to win it.
Posted By: wrestler84

Re: 3-2-1 A STATE WRESTLING - 01/10/06 01:04 AM

Silver Lake Has a chance to Have 4 state champs they have three undefeateds Hase-103, Deiter-112,Corwin1-52 and they are also have many other state qualifiers from last year
Posted By: GregMann

Re: 3-2-1 A STATE WRESTLING - 01/10/06 06:24 PM

The following Norton wrestlers are returning state MEDALISTS:

Clay Madden, SR @119 (returning 3X state champ)
Nathan Broeckelman, JR @125 (2x state placer)
Kent Mann, JR @ 130 (medaled in 2004)
Jon Harding, SR @135
Blake Van Eaton, JR @140
Jeremy Harding, SR @145
Luke Pfannenstiel, SR @152 (2x state placer)
Lance Roe, SR @160 (returing state champ, 3X placer)
Posted By: Shane Koranda

Re: 3-2-1 A STATE WRESTLING - 01/10/06 09:03 PM

This weekend, last year, I worked a tournament in Hiawatha and called Norton winning it over SFT and Silver Lake.

I'll call it again: Norton wins it.

The backside points will be the determining factor, but I still feel that Norton returns too much from a team that basically had it wrapped up on Friday last year.
Posted By: davemariachi

Re: 3-2-1 A STATE WRESTLING - 01/11/06 02:51 AM

I think Silver Lake will win by 20 or 30 points-

103- Collin Hase 2nd
125- Jacob Deiter 6th
130- Keaton Taylor 4th and 6th
135- Spencer Hinson SQ
140- Cody Meier SQ
152- Jason Corwin SQ, 3rd

They have tough tough middle weights idk it might be close come March 25th
Posted By: GregMann

Re: 3-2-1 A STATE WRESTLING - 01/11/06 03:20 AM

davemariachi,

Please consider the following. The list of Silver Lake wrestlers you provided has six names, of which four are previous state medalists and two are previous state qualfiers. The list of Norton wrestlers which I provfded has eight names, all of which are state medalists.

Further, your list of six has a total of five (5) state medals. The Norton list owns a total of fourteen (14) state medals.

Also, you may notice that the strength of Silver Lake team is, with the exception of 103, in the same weight classes as is the strength of the Norton team--with the edge in state points in those match-ups going to Norton. So, all in all, while Silver Lake has a fine team, the better state tournament team on the basis of experience and proven performance has to be Norton. BUT, if this was to be decided on paper there would be no reason to go to Hays for the annual "NorthWest Kansas Get-Together", would there?. See you in Hays in February!
Posted By: Old Dawg 21

Re: 3-2-1 A STATE WRESTLING - 01/11/06 06:39 AM

pretty ironic that two silver lake fans have Deiter listed at two different weights

Re: 3-2-1 A STATE WRESTLING - 01/11/06 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by davemariachi:
I think Silver Lake will win by 20 or 30 points-

103- Collin Hase 2nd
125- Jacob Deiter 6th
130- Keaton Taylor 4th and 6th
135- Spencer Hinson SQ
140- Cody Meier SQ
152- Jason Corwin SQ, 3rd

They have tough tough middle weights idk it might be close come March 25th

Re: 3-2-1 A STATE WRESTLING - 01/11/06 06:42 AM

I would take that bet and raise it to what ever amount you would allow
Posted By: Breezy

Re: 3-2-1 A STATE WRESTLING - 01/11/06 05:05 PM

Norton will win their third straight State championship. It won't even be close. Second goes to Oberlin and Silver lake third.
Posted By: mamasawn

Re: 3-2-1 A STATE WRESTLING - 01/11/06 05:37 PM

They have their work cut out for them to stay undefeated after this weekend at Basehor.
Posted By: Big Daddy

Re: 3-2-1 A STATE WRESTLING - 01/11/06 09:40 PM

Every year ppl. from the east are touting Silver Lake to win and on and on. The same thing was said last year and they finished 4th. A good finish but a long way from the title. They definetly have a good team again this year but not enough. Part of the reason some of their wrestlers have such good records is because they are not wrestling the strongest of competition like the kids out west. Norton wins it followed by Oberlin and St. Francis (any order) than MAYBE Silver Lake. I know this makes a lot of ppl. mad but you must face the facts- in 3-2-1A the eastern schools just cant hang with the big dogs from the west and especially the NW.
Posted By: Aaron Sweazy

Re: 3-2-1 A STATE WRESTLING - 01/12/06 02:37 AM

I got a surprise team that will crack the top 10 in 3a this year and that team: Hillsboro!
Posted By: wrestlingfan65

Re: 3-2-1 A STATE WRESTLING - 01/12/06 05:44 PM

Why do you think Hilsboro will, just wondering?
Posted By: TeddyBallgame

Re: 3-2-1 A STATE WRESTLING - 01/12/06 11:41 PM

I agree that Hillsboro may raise a few eyebrows @ state this year. I haven't really studied their regional too much but I think they could qualify 6-8 kids. They all seem to be hardnosed & very aggressive. With that said, we'll be able to tell a little more after the Halstead Inv. this weekend.
Posted By: 5465

Re: 3-2-1 A STATE WRESTLING - 01/13/06 01:32 AM

What about some of the teams from last year who finished in the top 10? Effinham-Atchison County #7, Beloit #8, Phillipsburg #9,and Stockton #10. What do they have this year and can they make any noise at at state this year?
Posted By: Bronco Wrestler

Re: 3-2-1 A STATE WRESTLING - 01/13/06 05:25 AM

About Hillsboro, I know Ric Johnson, I don't knwo exactly how much he's improved but I know I beat him 14-1 at Districts 2 years ago.... I wish him the best...
Posted By: Mike Furches

Re: 3-2-1 A STATE WRESTLING - 01/13/06 12:01 PM

Regarding Hillsboro, good to see my home town doing well in something besides every other sport at every other level. The folks in that town take their sports seriously.
Posted By: Big Daddy

Re: 3-2-1 A STATE WRESTLING - 01/13/06 08:22 PM

To davemariachi,
To think that S. Lake is going to win by 20 or 30 points is just plain stupid. You are letting emotion get in the way of common sense.
Posted By: Coach Brown

Re: 3-2-1 A STATE WRESTLING - 01/14/06 02:22 AM

Regarding ACCHS they are down this year compared to last years team, they are still strong but not as strong as last year. I know nothing of Hillsboro or their team so I am not going to comment on them, but Silver Lake is going to be tough this year from all accounts I have heard. They have a strong team with Deiter and Hase both wrestling really well right now. I personally think my team, Sabetha, has a chance to break into the top 10 this year. We have 4 I think will place-Jayme Streit @125 (returning qualifier at 112), Jordan Meyer @140, Jason Pyle @145 (State Chamo at 130 in 05), and Trent Snyder @189 (returning qualifier at 171). I also anticipate taking 2 if not 3 more this year Shawn Georg @135 (2x state qualifier), Kyle Edelman @130 has some losses but is wrestling better everyday and missed state by 1 match last year, and Drew Strader @160 who is wrestling much better than last year.
I am a little biased and talking about my own team may be a little borish but I beleve in my guys just like every other coach in the State. Now for my pick to win it, Norton, they are just too stacked and Billy has them rough and ready I am sure. They are the "Patriots" of 321A wrestling, when it is State time they just know how to get it done!
Coach Brown
Posted By: number two

Re: 3-2-1 A STATE WRESTLING - 01/14/06 08:47 PM

AS OF THIS MOMENT NORTON HAS 6 KIDS IN THE FINALS AT NEWTON 112 119 125 152 160 171 AND YOU WERNT EVEN COUNTING THE 112 CLASS THAT THEY HAVE A FRESHMAN AT THIS YAER AND HAS WON I NO FOR SURE TWO CHAMPIONSHIPS THIS YEAR SO FAR AND ILL BET WILL WIN TONIGHT NORTON IS VERY GOOD.THERE LEADING THE TEAM POINTS BUY 30 OVER PERRY OKLAHOMA AND THEY ONLY TOOK 10 KIDS TO THE INVITE SO GOOD LUCK SILVER LAKE.

Re: 3-2-1 A STATE WRESTLING - 01/16/06 06:19 PM

Just bumping this back up with the FACT that Norton showed why they'll win state AGAIN with their performance at Newton this past weekend!!!

Go git 'em Jays!!!
Posted By: jwatkins

Re: 3-2-1 A STATE WRESTLING - 01/16/06 06:49 PM

Is it ethical for an official to get on a message board and state who he thinks will win state? Could this cause a conflict of interest down the line?

Re: 3-2-1 A STATE WRESTLING - 01/16/06 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jwatkins:
Is it ethical for an official to get on a message board and state who he thinks will win state? Could this cause a conflict of interest down the line?
I guess I could come up with a secret code name to hid behind, but them no one would know what MY opinions are as the rest of the wrestling community's!!!

I'm from the Wichita area. I've not worked a state yet and probably won't. Chance of me getting to work a match involving Norton is as good as getting props from those that hate me on here!!!

I understand your "concern", but don't worry, unlike some people's opinion of me, I can be a fan and unbiased in the strips if the situation arises!!!
Posted By: mom4

Re: 3-2-1 A STATE WRESTLING - 01/16/06 08:51 PM

I have seen Hillsboro wrestler's compete twice at two different tournaments and I have to say, I was surprised. They have a very good shot at placing in the top 10. However, Norton is going to walk away with the team title again. Just look at who they have to wrestle in their corner of the state and in their league.
Posted By: my3sonswrestle

Re: 3-2-1 A STATE WRESTLING - 01/16/06 09:06 PM

mom4, what weight does your son wrestle? I think our boys have wrestled each other. I'm curious, where have you seen Hillsboro wrestle at? I know Chapman was at the Herington tournament. Where else?

Where by the way, Hillsboro finished in fourth place, beaten only by three 4A schools, they placed ahead of all other 3A schools and at least one 4A school.
Posted By: ks wrestler

Re: 3-2-1 A STATE WRESTLING - 01/17/06 12:33 AM

I know hilsboro I got beat by two 3A schools at halstead, Garden Plain by 21 and Lyons by 27
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums