Kansas Wrestling

Best Fast Food Restraunt

Posted By: brentvoth

Best Fast Food Restraunt - 04/25/05 11:57 PM

Vote here for your favorite fastfood restraunt.
Posted By: Curtis Chenoweth

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 04/26/05 12:49 AM

I believe I already came up with this topic, but its a good one nonetheless. My vote goes with Freddy's Frozen Custard. Their fries are incredible, and their hamburgers are delicious.
Posted By: RedStorm

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 04/26/05 01:54 AM

You can not leave out the original Taco Shop in Hays. If I am within a 60 mile radius of this restaurant, I will take a diversion to 333 W. 8th and order up some CCQ and a Beef Nacho Supreme. This is the real reason that I would like 4A state wrestling to be in Hays. I am very jelous of my 3A counter-parts. Nevertheless, Salina is a little bit closer and very attainable after "lights out!"
Posted By: Bronco Wrestler

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 04/26/05 02:11 AM

Mr. DeWitt is a man of depth knowlege. The Taco Shop is a staple of Hays food. I too enjoy the food there, the 6 pack of tacos, with some nachos, then a 44 oz. Pepsi. They actually have a website now so you can log on and order. I make an effort to eat there about anytime I am in Hays, I am sure you yourself enjoyed it while attending TMP since it's not too far off. Salina is about 90 minutes for a Taco Shop visit, so maybe you can get them to meet you in Bunker Hill, half way, and pick up your tacos after "lights out"
Posted By: Curtis Chenoweth

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 04/26/05 03:00 AM

There's a couple of taco shop's in Wichita too. My favorite Mexican Restaraunt. Especially on Monday nights all you can eat taco night. It's awesome.
Posted By: Bronco Wrestler

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 04/26/05 06:54 PM

Taco Grande in Hays is also another very good place to eat
Posted By: TCarmona

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/09/05 03:34 PM

Freddies sucks because of the fries. You have to grab a handful just to be pleased. They are skinny as shoe laces. After a few beverages late night I enjoy Taco Express, Renees or whatever they keep chaging their names but are the same place. The burritos are the size of my.........leg
Posted By: AfternoonDelight

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/09/05 03:52 PM

my favorite mexican food restraunt would have to be the one in Fredonia not sure the name but the food there is great. They also have a awesome BBQ restraunt. I think its called the Woodpit but not sure.
Posted By: Jim Gaither

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/09/05 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TCarmona:
... I enjoy Taco Express, Renees or whatever they keep chaging their names but are the same place. The burritos are the size of my.........leg
Oh yes,, good stuff. And the burritos ARE massive!
Posted By: Computerized Shoes

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/10/05 04:51 AM

i'm gonna have to go with Montana Mikes on that one....
Posted By: Pups4Ever

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/10/05 05:25 AM

If it's the KFC there in Wichita with an all-you-can-eat Breakfast buffet that everyone should go to if you qualify for state, then KFC gets my vote.

Otherwise, y'all best be picking Del Rancho. It's a chain out of Oklahoma that just opened a place in Tulsa that I have made 2 special trips down to.
Posted By: Aaron Sweazy

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/10/05 06:05 AM

I never went to Del Rancho when I lived in Edmond...it closed down after I left anyway so nobody from UCO must have ate there either.
Posted By: Bracket-man

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/10/05 11:45 AM

Swayz - Did you ever make it to the Split-T in Okla City while you were in Edmond? They were famous for charcoaling the burgers (long before Burger King) and you would get 3 pounds of potatoes cut up as fries with every order. On a Friday or Saturday night, a person could run out of gas waiting to get in! I had heard they closed recently, but would have been open when you were in Edmond.
Posted By: Ryan Jilka

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/10/05 01:24 PM

Dang Carmona, I hate to agree with you. It must be my conection to your family, but Taco Lopez (formerly Taco Express) is the BEST authentic Mexican food in Wichita. The Adovado burrito can't be beat! I took the boys of Goddard to eat there a couple of times, and the only ones that appreciated it were the Edgmon brothers. That has to say something for it's authenticity.

If you haven't been there, it is right across the street from Hog Wild on West Street (north of Maple). It's open 24/7. All you need to do is speak a little Spanglish to order. Carmona is right, the burritos are the size of his leg, but the taquitos are the size of his......?

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/10/05 01:50 PM

The size of my fingers! Yeah after having to many Coronas one might be able to absorb some of the alcohol with a (egg, cheese, chorizo, and ham) I put the ham to spice down the chorizo or I will have montazuma's revenge in the morning!
Posted By: Mike Furches

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/10/05 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pups4Ever:
If it's the KFC there in Wichita with an all-you-can-eat Breakfast buffet that everyone should go to if you qualify for state, then KFC gets my vote.

Otherwise, y'all best be picking Del Rancho. It's a chain out of Oklahoma that just opened a place in Tulsa that I have made 2 special trips down to.
Where is the KFC with the breakfast buffet? Del Rancho has some kind of steak sandwich as well. Would do well in Kansas.

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/10/05 03:19 PM

Mr. Furches.....heheheh I know you hate that.

The KFC buffet is the one in Park City. I have always wanted to go but could never drag myself up there. Maybe a group of us can go as a I am moving to the Hat "get together."

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/10/05 03:22 PM

DelRancho has an excellent cross between a chicken fried steak and tenderloin sandwhich, which exceeds the size of the bun. Since originating in Oklahoma, where everything is fried (including Jell-O), it is thier specialty steak sandwhich. Well worth the drive and very filling.

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/10/05 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TCarmona:
Mr. Furches.....heheheh I know you hate that.

The KFC buffet is the one in Park City. I have always wanted to go but could never drag myself up there. Maybe a group of us can go as a I am moving to the Hat "get together."
Okay now little man, watch it or I'll smack a blister on that head of yours, and you know I could do it. By the way, when do we do breakfast at the KFC, need to have one day a week for wrestlers to go and meet up from the Wichita area. Would be a blast.

Are you moving to Hat town or going up for something else. You leaving "might" be a loss for the area.

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/10/05 05:27 PM

Never went to the Split-T. Del Rancho had the Steak Sandwich Supreme I know that. I like heading north and going to a place like Runza.

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/10/05 06:10 PM

I am going to school again. Couldn't get enough I will be an old man among many young women......I mean students

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/10/05 06:20 PM

So when we going to do the KFC Breakfast Buffet? I say on a Saturday if they have it then.

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/10/05 06:23 PM

Swayz, there used to be a little, greasy spoon cafe right on Broadway, just south of the main drag (old Hwy 66) which went in front of the campus. Can't remember the name, but they served a killer breakfast 7X24. Do you recall the name of this place? Seems like Wide-A-Wake...Pfft (I miss NurseKs), the brain cells are dying quickly these days.

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/10/05 06:37 PM

You talking about Jimmy's Egg? That place rocked you could get an omlete, biscuits and gravy, hashbrowns and pancakes all for about $8 when I went.

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/10/05 07:08 PM

Place here in town called Mike's Steak House you can get all of that Swayz for like $5. Those old school dinners are the best. Mike's is the place that Nate and the rest of the family love to go for breakfast.

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/10/05 07:10 PM

That's it!! Thanks, Swayz...if you didn't eat their gravy in a timely manner, the local construction folks would pick it up to pave the highway with. Man, I can't remember how many gallons of beer were soaked up by the amount you could eat in there!

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/10/05 07:41 PM

I love them ma and pa type of eateries. If you guys are ever in El Dorado they had 2 great mom and pop places:

Double D's Diner and the Edge of Town Cafe...try them out they are excellent.

Also other places I reccommend:

The Cafe in Clay Center, Nebraska (not Kansas) might seat 10 and they have Double Cheeseburgers for a $1.25 when I went.

Also Nebraska has the famous Burger Bar in Wymore which was pretty dang good as well.

Mike, what was that gas stop place we got a meal late at in Council Bluffs, Iowa? That place was a hoot!

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/10/05 07:51 PM

Don't remember the name of the place, but I do hope that the place in Clay Center stays away from the zoo.

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/10/05 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Furches:
Don't remember the name of the place, but I do hope that the place in Clay Center stays away from the zoo.
Clay Center Nebraska...not Kansas!

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/10/05 10:51 PM

Still hope they don't get any food from the zoo in Clay Center Kansas.

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/10/05 11:17 PM

Might taste gamey if they did.

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/11/05 03:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Sweazy:

Double D's Diner and the Edge of Town Cafe...try them out they are excellent.
What is their restaurant's title referring too?
Posted By: Ryan Jilka

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/14/05 01:06 AM

If you're into greasy little sliders, you can't beat Cozy Inn in Salina. The place is legendary! Growing up it was a treat to eat the overpriced little burgers and completly smell like you rolled in onions all day.

If you're in the Wichita area, the best grease dripping double cheese burger is Bionic Burger. Just don't look back into the kitchen. Trust me.

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/14/05 03:57 AM

i went to el dorado yesterday with some friends and ate at arbys and i got down 11 sandwiches curly fries an apple turnover and 3 drinks.
Posted By: Trego Wrestler

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/14/05 04:13 AM

Famous Daves in Hat-Town is so good!!!!

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/14/05 02:25 PM

Famous Daves anyplace is oh so good. One of the really good barbeque places in Kansas.

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/14/05 02:51 PM

Hog Wild Pit BBQ in Hutchinson is unbelieveable. I just ate there yesterday and it rocked my socks off.
Posted By: ibleedpurple

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/15/05 03:34 AM

Backyard Burger is the best burger place. i hate going by one when i'm cutting wieght.

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/15/05 03:50 AM

i've never cut weight so i'd probobaly stop in and eat one anyways.
Posted By: Rico_Suave

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/15/05 04:01 AM

What ever happened to Sonic or Spangle's for fast food? Subway is always good, too. I'm up for almost any chinese place, though.

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/15/05 04:07 AM

sonic gets old thats like the only fast food restraunt. so we make road trips to other towns to eat their fast foods.

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/15/05 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by happen.:
What ever happened to Sonic or Spangle's for fast food? Subway is always good, too. I'm up for almost any chinese place, though.
The title of the thread is the Best Fast Food Restaurants, not the worst. Sorry couldn't help it. Sonic at times is okay, for breakfast especially on Thursdays in Wichita where they have the $1 combo breakfast. Any breakfast combo you want with a drink for $1. This Thursday in Derby you can go to Sonic and get the breakfast combo for Free. No kidding, so bad they are giving it away. Hey any wrestlers want to hit up Spangles in Derby on Thursday let me know, we'll load up and head over. I don't think you can beat the steak and egg sandwich at Spangles to go along with the frozen OJ.

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/15/05 01:24 PM

Edisons, Jilka, Furches, Chenowisticles.......hahaha People around this area. I am taking Furches idea and wanting to eat KFC Buffet. Come up with a time and date sometime before July 14th. It will be my going away get together for myself. I was In the Hat yesterday for old man enrollment. How could Hat people leave. I think this place puts something in the water to brainwash people in the union. Plus every 15 min they mention that you can by football tickets on line. PEACE OUT!

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/15/05 01:48 PM

Let's do a Saturday and could do the free Sonic at Derby this week on Thursday. Every weekend after this is pretty busy.

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/15/05 02:53 PM

Could ya be more clear. As of now Mr. Furches, that is clear is mud. What weekend were you wanting to do the KFC

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/15/05 02:55 PM

I am soooooooooo funny cause I know you love when I say Mr. Furhces!

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/15/05 03:10 PM

Bueno usted amigo hispano pequeño. Cuán fácil es esto entender. Podemos ir a KFC este el sábado, junio 18, desde que todos los sábados después que esto está bastante ocupado. Entonces para un freebe que podemos ir a Sónico en el Hongo este el jueves, junio 16, por supuesto que son mañana por la mañana. ¿Era eso suficiente fácil de entender?

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/15/05 03:11 PM

También hombre, promueve una cerveza verdadera en vez de una regado hacia abajo necesidad para ser cerveza.

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/15/05 03:12 PM

Un compañero de la última vez, dice Sr. un más tiempo y yo le me estrangularé con esa pierna de pollo de KFC antes yo le golpeo consigo.

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/15/05 04:42 PM

Quien es tu papa?

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/15/05 05:47 PM

¿Yo no soy católico, yo no tengo a un Papa? ¿Por qué pregunta usted eso?

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/15/05 06:04 PM

Pope? you are getting it all wrong. You are going through one of those translation things aren't you? I am free any weekend up until Aug for some eatting. I will tell you this. I hope they know they are not making money on the buffet that day. We will eat them out!..........wow that sounds wrong.

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/15/05 06:08 PM

Yep and yep.
Posted By: Maniac

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/15/05 08:11 PM

I'm impressed!

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/15/05 08:45 PM

It's called a translator on the search engines. I need to learn Spanish, especially living in my neighborhood, about half of our church speaks spanish.
Posted By: Pups4Ever

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/16/05 01:59 AM

"Papa" is the informative version of father in Spanish. Therefore, he was asking who your daddy was.

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/16/05 02:40 AM

Hey don't forget free breakfast combo's tomorrow, Thursday at the Sonic in Derby. Any combo with a drink is free. No kidding, starts at 7:30 AM, ends at 8:30 AM, tell them Furches sent you.

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/16/05 02:42 AM

do you get credit at the sonic for free food if they tell the sonic workers that you sent them?

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/16/05 02:44 AM

Ahhhhh, I wish. It is actually a radio station promo, but tell them Furches sent you anyway, make them wonder who the heck Furches is. Of course we could say that The Swayz sent you but it is in Derby.

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/16/05 02:45 AM

i know all the employees at sonic here so i can score free food occasionally

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/16/05 02:46 AM

Tater tots or round abouts?

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/16/05 02:47 AM

depending on the manager i can score brownbag specials or other combos of my choice. if the old guy here is managing i cant get anything for free.

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/16/05 02:48 AM

Eureka!

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/16/05 02:56 AM

i probobaly save 250 bucks scoring free stuff there each year

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/16/05 02:57 AM

There you go, you have enough to go to the movies.

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/16/05 02:57 AM

stop in and get a free brownbag special to take up there with me too.

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/16/05 01:11 PM

I would have went this morning but Derby is to far from Maize Rd. in the morning on the way to work.

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/16/05 02:21 PM

Breakfast was goooooddddd. The super burrito is actually pretty good.
Posted By: Chief Renegade

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/16/05 03:10 PM

Growing up in Oklahoma, my all-time fast food favorite is Taco Bueno. I have had to put up with Bell and Via since I've been in Kansas. They opened a Taco Bueno on the turnpike to Topeka about a year and a half ago. It's 52 miles from my house so I try to schedule as many Topeka tournaments for my team as I can. They actually bought me a shirt at our banquet that says, "Will wrestle for Taco Bueno". Somebody also mentioned "Jimmy's Egg" in OKC. I love that place too, with their sausage and cream cheese omelettes.

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/16/05 04:21 PM

i scored a free supersonic burrito here this morning.

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/17/05 05:48 PM

Man I just ate a bison burger from Ted's at lunch. That was the $^&#@**&*!@! I am full, but it was worth the belly ache.

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/17/05 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chief Renegade:
Growing up in Oklahoma, my all-time fast food favorite is Taco Bueno. I have had to put up with Bell and Via since I've been in Kansas. They opened a Taco Bueno on the turnpike to Topeka about a year and a half ago. It's 52 miles from my house so I try to schedule as many Topeka tournaments for my team as I can. They actually bought me a shirt at our banquet that says, "Will wrestle for Taco Bueno". Somebody also mentioned "Jimmy's Egg" in OKC. I love that place too, with their sausage and cream cheese omelettes.
Chief, I love Bueno too especially the MexiDip and Chips. I say we get a group and road trip down to Oklahoma eat some Bueno and Jimmy's Egg and then hit up the Wrestling HOF and other sites and a dual or two at a local college!

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/17/05 06:41 PM

I am still waiting for the group with KFC

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/17/05 09:14 PM

I'm in Tcarmona but need to know for sure that others are showing up. How about it ladies & gents?

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/17/05 10:00 PM

Quote:
I'm in Tcarmona but need to know for sure that others are showing up. How about it ladies & gents?
What is there a group doing a KFC party?

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/17/05 10:32 PM

If we can get enough folks to come out for it.

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/18/05 09:45 AM

Quote:
If we can get enough folks to come out for it.
KFC...hmmm, I think that will make me think of a new topic.
Posted By: Chief Renegade

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/18/05 04:43 PM

Swayz,

Sounds great. I always get 2 beef burrito's with sour cream and a Mexi dip and chips. I grew up in OKC and know a lot of the High School coaches down there. We could bring a killer Kansas team. Kick their butts, eat their food and take their girlfriends. Road trip!

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/18/05 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chief Renegade:
Swayz,

Sounds great. I always get 2 beef burrito's with sour cream and a Mexi dip and chips. I grew up in OKC and know a lot of the High School coaches down there. We could bring a killer Kansas team. Kick their butts, eat their food and take their girlfriends. Road trip!
That would be great...I know that UCO hosts a great tournament every year and it would give me a chance to get back to my college stomping grounds.

Re: Best Fast Food Restraunt - 06/20/05 05:57 PM

So What time and Date for the Feastege of this KFC you speak of. What time does breakfast buffett start and end.
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums