Kansas Wrestling

Music?

Posted By: daisyduke10

Music? - 04/17/05 01:47 AM

Hey, I was just wondering, whats your favorite kinds of music? Personally I like country.
Posted By: hayhouse

Re: Music? - 04/17/05 07:53 PM

country music isnt really bad and all just not at wrestling meets.
Posted By: Michael Malay

Re: Music? - 04/18/05 01:44 AM

Country and rap for partying(i dont do that tho)
Heavy Metal and rap for practice
Rap and country for Driving around
Posted By: iFeelFat

Re: Music? - 04/18/05 07:24 PM

practice: outlaw country/boston/journey
chillin' with the homies: outlaw country/boston/journey
makin babies: dolly parton duets/boston/journey/
gettin' krunk: outlaw country/brittny spears/boston
Posted By: We_The_Cocks

Re: Music? - 04/19/05 02:02 AM

I personally like all reasonable music, rap, country, rock, even the old rock. Alot of times we would listen to The Beatles in practice.

"We all live in a yellow submarine, a yellow submarine, a yellow submarine. We all live in a yellow submarine...."
Posted By: Computerized Shoes

Re: Music? - 04/19/05 03:38 AM

Mudvayne, Deftones, Mesa Falls to Mephisto (Older Bro's Band) Razor Blade Wish (my band) Slipknot, Shadows Fall, Skindred, System of a Down, Rage against the Machine, Bleeding Kansas, DEAD PREZ "Hip Hop"

Re: Music? - 04/19/05 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by iFeelFat:

Re: Music? - 04/19/05 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by daisyduke10:
Quote:
Originally posted by iFeelFat:
dolly parton duets for makin babies?....good taste
Posted By: ulysses#11

Re: Music? - 04/21/05 02:34 PM

i used to think computerized shoes was a cool guy until i saw those music choices. i know nobody will agree with me in kansas, but old punk rock is the best. dead kennedys, misfits, agnostic front, exploited, gbh, casualties, stuff like that. oh, and the beatles kick a**.

Re: Music? - 04/23/05 01:23 AM

what about the eagles?
Posted By: Marbla

Re: Music? - 04/24/05 06:52 AM

I've been listening to Adam Green, LCD Soundsystem, Daft Punk, Ladytron, Joy Division and The Velvet Undergrand a lot lately.

Re: Music? - 04/24/05 05:05 PM

Old punk rock equals lame three cord setups. I used to think Grizzly bear was cool until he named "The Casualties"...horrid choice my friend. I am a musician myself (played the drums since I was four) I know talent when I hear it and having the miraculous ability to pound out three whole cords throughout 5 albums is not talent my friend. On the other hand I would have to agree with you on the Misfits because they are one of the founding fathers of punk metal itself.

Marbla: Some of your music choices are slightly unusual but its coming from an unusual individual. Word.

Re: Music? - 04/24/05 05:22 PM

I have a very diverse taste for music.
Posted By: The Chicken Choker

Re: Music? - 04/24/05 09:51 PM

if u are going to listen to anything it has to be old school rap like eazy E it is the best music ever.
Posted By: iFeelFat

Re: Music? - 04/25/05 06:01 PM

Dude, not cool. You ganked my avatar. You should definately change that to avoid confusion.
Posted By: usawks1

Re: Music? - 04/25/05 08:00 PM

totally non-chilled

Re: Music? - 04/25/05 11:18 PM

Dude,I agree with Aaron...change your avatar to avoid the confusion. It's much easier that way! Well I think anyways.

Re: Music? - 04/26/05 12:09 AM

gawd knows, one does not want to be mistaken for iff!

Re: Music? - 04/26/05 02:07 PM

i do agree, CS, that the casualties arent very talented, and that their live shows are horrible, but i was unaware that anyone kansas listened to that stuff, i was just trying to make a point. but old punk is all i listen to now, no mainstream garbage for me. talk about no talent.
Posted By: SEKcoach

Re: Music? - 04/26/05 05:24 PM

blink 182, greenday, dashboard confessions,floggin molly and the beatles of course!

Re: Music? - 04/26/05 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SEKcoach:
blink 182, greenday, dashboard confessions,floggin molly and the beatles of course!
Blink 182, Greenday, and the Beatles! Definitely!

Re: Music? - 04/27/05 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SEKcoach:
Flogging Molly puts on the best live concerts you'll ever see.

EVER

Re: Music? - 04/27/05 01:59 PM

pop-punk, like recent greenday and all blink 182, is the worst music in the entire world. worse than rap. talk about no talent, i would rather listen to horrible mall goth or even emo than pop punk.

Re: Music? - 04/27/05 02:02 PM

but the beatles are the coolest. i'm wearing a beatles shirt right now, abbey road.

Re: Music? - 04/27/05 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by grizzly bear:
pop-punk, like recent greenday and all blink 182, is the worst music in the entire world. worse than rap. talk about no talent, i would rather listen to horrible mall goth or even emo than pop punk.
agreed

Re: Music? - 04/28/05 12:42 AM

Hey we are Forgeting the best Band EVER the EAGLES!!
Posted By: We_The_Cocks

Re: Music? - 05/02/05 01:43 AM

For all you Beatles' fans, you're the shiz nit. I figured Hill City wrestlers were the only wrestlers who listened to the Beatles.

The whole GreenDay not having any talent talk, thats fooey. Yes they have became some pop-punk stuff but back in the day, Green Day was awesome. They still are, but I agree their older music was way better.

Re: Music? - 05/31/05 05:47 AM

4 words: Mesa Falls to Mephisto
Posted By: AfternoonDelight

Re: Music? - 05/31/05 06:44 PM

id have to say my favorite music would have to be rap. And my favorite band would have to be rehab.

Re: Music? - 06/05/05 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by grizzly bear:
but the beatles are the coolest. i'm wearing a beatles shirt right now, abbey road.
I'm wearing a Jimmy Buffet shirt right now!!

Re: Music? - 06/05/05 04:55 AM

Come on, what about newer bands?
Posted By: chewbacca

Re: Music? - 06/05/05 05:01 AM

I listen to alot of different types of music, can't stand country or rap though.
Posted By: Dave

Re: Music? - 06/06/05 12:41 AM

I like Britney Spears, Nsync, Backstreet boys, stuff like that. It really sets the mood for me. Gets me focused on the kind of action i am getting ready to expirience.
Posted By: Mike Furches

Re: Music? - 06/06/05 06:11 PM

Waiting to hear what Randy thinks of Cowboy Troy.

Re: Music? - 06/07/05 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Furches:
Waiting to hear what Randy thinks of Cowboy Troy.
I can't stand how Cowboy Troy like raps in the middle of his new song....I mean c'mon it's country!

Re: Music? - 06/07/05 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by daisyduke10:
I can't stand how Cowboy Troy like raps in the middle of his new song....I mean c'mon it's country! [/QB][/QUOTE] That is what makes Cowboy Troy who he is, he has incorporated rap, really more hip-hop into country. By the way if you think country is what it used to be you are mistaken. This is just taking it to a whole new level with a whole new audience. Seems to me like people love it or hate it, the reality is that he is going to cross over like no other country artist in a long time.
Posted By: Bracket-man

Re: Music? - 06/08/05 11:10 PM

Lynnrd Sknyrd (before the crash), Outlaws (the Guitar de Force, not Waylon, Willie and the boys), Smokin' Joe Walsh, Molly Hatchet and the kid prodigy, Stevie Winwood (preferably during the Traffic and Blind Faith days).

Re: Music? - 06/08/05 11:12 PM

Then, there is Hendrix, Joplin, Moby Grape, The Electric Flagg, Jefferson Airplane (not the Starship), wait a minute...are we at Winterland? Thanks for the flashback.

Re: Music? - 06/09/05 01:08 AM

Bracket-Man. I must say you have an admirable taste in music. Believe it or not, I used to work with some of those guys and bands.

Re: Music? - 06/09/05 01:23 AM

Alrighty then ... I freely admit ... I am a fan of Cowboy Troy! Country music has changed and has always changed in the past. I'm old enough to know!

Do I think Cowboy Troy will gain "mainstream" acceptance? Absolutely not ... in fact I predict his approval will be much as a cult hero. Much as Leon Redbone is in his genre.

I was additionally turned on to the entire album of Big & Rich. While some of their music will be very accepted by the mainstreamers some of it will not. (btw Mike, I love "Kick my A**" and proclaim it my new theme song) I truly love those that stretch the envolope.

Now to Bracket-Man ... right on Brother ... (holding ny lit Bic lighter high) ... and then there was Santana, and the infamous ZZ Top who I am currently listening to, the Stones, Iron Butterfly and so many more.

Re: Music? - 06/09/05 01:25 AM

Randy, you got to be one of the coolest guys I know. For those that haven't gotten to know this icon, you are missing out. He was listening to like AC/DC and the like while at camp. Watching Tombstone with da man will be forever a highlight.

Re: Music? - 06/09/05 11:51 AM

Randy/Mike: It is true that birds of a feather, flock together. We all have very similar tastes in music. Put Ina-Godda-Divida on my cell phone to wake up sleepy co-workers in boring meetings, then have someone call me. Tombstone is an excellent movie...of the 2 movies about Wyatt Earp (which came out about the same time), Tombstone was the more authentic and based on actual events, as they are known. Keep up the good work with the future of wrestling in our fine state.

Re: Music? - 06/14/05 11:36 AM

I've been listening to a lot of Joan Baez lately.
Posted By: Chief Renegade

Re: Music? - 06/14/05 02:27 PM

The Top Ten: (not in order)

1 - Rush
2 - Led Zeppelin
3 - Rolling Stones
4 - AC/DC
5 - Pink Floyd
6 - Creedance Clearwater
7 - Metallica
8 - Van Halen
9 - The Who
10- (Tie) Eagles, The Doors and ZZ Top

Re: Music? - 06/14/05 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chief Renegade:
The Top Ten: (not in order)

1 - Rush
2 - Led Zeppelin
3 - Rolling Stones
4 - AC/DC
5 - Pink Floyd
6 - Creedance Clearwater
7 - Metallica
8 - Van Halen
9 - The Who
10- (Tie) Eagles, The Doors and ZZ Top
Now this is a great list, add some art rock like ELO, ELP and you have something going. Also old BTO, Foghat, and so on and I'm ready to pull out the ol' bell bottoms.

Re: Music? - 06/14/05 02:32 PM

By the way, recently discovered my Yahoo music station, loaded with a ton of great stuff, including videos. Anyone else have any stations out there. Mine station is at: http://launch.yahoo.com/launchcast/station.asp?u=1220148343 or check it out at mikefurches at http://launch.yahoo.com/launchcast
Posted By: Chief Renegade

Re: Music? - 06/14/05 02:34 PM

Sorry to leave out....

1 - Hendrix
2 - Santana
3 - Cream
4 - Kiss
5 - The Greatful Dead
6 - Journey
7 - Nirvana
8 - Black Sabbath
9 - Styx
10- Moody Blues

Re: Music? - 06/14/05 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chief Renegade:
Sorry to leave out....
7 - Nirvana
Excellent choice right there.
Posted By: Rico_Suave

Re: Music? - 06/15/05 03:31 AM

I really love any kind of music that has a good beat or powerful message...A list of my favorite's includes Lifehouse, Howie Day, Live, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Metallica ( I went to one of their concerts last year), AC/DC, Alison Krauss, The Beatles, Sade, Creed, Bob Marley, Clay Walker, Bright Eyes, Raintree, Limp Bizkit, Rascal Flatts, 3 Doors Down, Finger 11, Rammstein, Mercy Me, Cars, Lynyrd Skynyrd, and Weezer. I listen to oldies, punk, pop, rap, r&b, blues, easy listening, you name it. If it sounds good, then I listen to it.

Re: Music? - 06/15/05 03:40 AM

Country Stampede is in 8 days!!! YEEHAW...here come the ladies.

Re: Music? - 06/15/05 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Computerized Shoes:
Country Stampede is in 8 days!!! YEEHAW...here come the ladies.
Anyone have tickets they want to get rid of? Actually preparation for a wrestling tournament going on at that weekend but would still be fun to go to. Would love to see Big & Rich, Cowboy Troy and a whole host of others there. So if you have some tickets, can't go, and want to bless a dear brother. Just want you all to know I love you all, in a brotherly kind of way!
Posted By: ibleedpurple

Re: Music? - 06/16/05 12:57 AM

I guess my dad and me are the only ones who like Kansas!

Re: Music? - 06/16/05 02:20 AM

kansas is alright i listen to them
Posted By: Rico_Suave

Re: Music? - 06/16/05 02:28 AM

Anyone that lives in Kansas should like Kansas a little or atleast have a deep respect for them...They are alright, Dust in the Wind is classic

Re: Music? - 06/16/05 02:29 AM

another good artist if u like mellow music is Jack Johnson

Re: Music? - 06/16/05 10:34 PM

Been listening to a lot of motorhead this summer.
Also, I seriously doubt that anyone has heard of them, St. Vrain and Royer kick a**. They're a local Colorado Springs band.

Re: Music? - 06/17/05 02:50 AM

Has anyone got front row tickets to a GOR concert?
Posted By: Aaron Sweazy

Re: Music? - 06/17/05 02:53 AM

GOR? Do you Mean Gwar?

Re: Music? - 06/17/05 03:17 AM

front row at a Gwar concert would be a very dangerous place to be

Re: Music? - 06/17/05 04:10 AM

The R is not far from the D on the keypad. Maybe he meant God Concert. Front row there could also be dangerous.
Posted By: Aaron Sweazy

Re: Music? - 06/17/05 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by chewbacca:
Unless you like a giant muppet like phallus shooting crap at you.

Re: Music? - 06/17/05 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Sweazy:
Quote:
and who doesn't?

Re: Music? - 06/23/05 07:11 PM

Uriah Heep, Foghat, Steppenwolf, Aerosmith (listening, not watching) and, when I really need a pick-me-up, nothing better than the Motor City Madman...Young Ted.
Posted By: tyler rice

Re: Music? - 06/23/05 07:19 PM

Well the best band ever is Led Zepplin
Posted By: chewie

Re: Music? - 06/25/05 03:06 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Sweazy:
Quote:
and who doesn't?
Me

Re: Music? - 06/25/05 11:14 PM

Let's here it for Sweaty Teddy!

Re: Music? - 06/26/05 01:16 AM

Not much for farewell concerts, but just watched the Eagles in Melbourne, Australia...good stuff and a couple of new songs.

Made me think of the bands before the front men got famous, like the James Gang, Derek and the Dominoes (with Duane Allman doing the slide guitar work on Layla)...but wait, my Bic lighter is out of fluid.

Re: Music? - 06/26/05 03:59 AM

so where is stillwell

Re: Music? - 06/26/05 01:52 PM

Stilwell is just south of Overland Park and north of Louisburg.

Re: Music? - 06/27/05 05:33 PM

... and I thought Stilwell was that obnoxious little boy in League of Their Own. By the way, a great movie.
Posted By: billy_mcjackson_ripjc

Re: Music? - 06/27/05 05:35 PM

That is a great movie. I watched it yesterday. Tom Hanks is sweet in it.

Re: Music? - 06/27/05 05:40 PM

you're gonna lose

you're gonna lose

you're gonna lose

Re: Music? - 06/27/05 07:38 PM

Country Stampede was amazing, until I ran into the cops....

Re: Music? - 06/27/05 07:46 PM

get arrested?

Re: Music? - 07/15/05 12:33 PM

Randy, my brother, I caught your entry on the Prant Garker thread and couldn't respond to it there (based on my profound respect for Prant and the subject matter of the thread), but how was Deep Purple missed on this Music thread? Good catch!!

Personally, my Richie Blackmore/Ian Paice/Deep Purple favorite was "My Woman From Tokyo"...the live version from Buddakan.

And speaking of smoke, how about the pre-Eagle, Smokin' Joe Walsh classic LP, "The Smoker You Drink, The Player You Get". And speaking of live cuts, how about the live "Rocky Mountain Way"...the state song of Colorado. The UPS man just delivered a new supply of Bic lighters. Game On!!

Re: Music? - 07/15/05 02:43 PM

My Bro from "Stilwell!" Some of the live renditions were very good. Unfortunately over the years, I've lost a lot of vinyl and old 8-tracks. But I seem to recall, as I've also misplaced my memory, I had a recording of the great Jimi Hendrix and a live version of Voodoo's Child.

There are a few things about the 70's and 80's I really miss ...

Re: Music? - 07/15/05 04:13 PM

Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to bounce this one off Mike Furches before he decided to take a breather...but Charlie Daniels always hosted the Volunteer Jam and, speaking of live performances, they were pretty awesome. "Back in the day", we packed up for Knoxville to see the Charlie Daniels Band, Molly Hatchet, Lynyrd Synyrd, Outlaws, Marshall Tucker Band and several local bands perform. I am guessing we paid about $10 a person (and most of our hearing) for some of the best music (and partying) any of us had ever experienced. Sure is something to be said for Southern Hospitality...

Then there was a road trip to Wright-Patterson AFB (which has a pretty cool museum) to see Foghat, Uriah Heep, Jethro Tull and an unknown band (at the time) called Aerosmith. Since this topic started about music to prepare oneself for wrestling, try "Stealin'" by Uriah Heep before your next match...

Re: Music? - 07/16/05 10:41 PM

I have actually started listening to some hip-hop. Underground hip-hop nonetheless, but Sage Francis is the sh#t. At The Drive In also rules. And another Colorado Springs local, Jeb Burgess, is incredible.

Re: Music? - 07/17/05 03:01 PM

As for local banks ... I use to attend every Shooting Star, Morningstar, and Dixie Cadillac show I could get to.

Re: Music? - 07/17/05 03:02 PM

... and the Stingrays are great too!

Re: Music? - 07/17/05 10:41 PM

The Stingrays are excellent...you have great taste, my friend.

Local bands are kinda like kids club wrestling, they work hard on technique and chemistry, before taking their act to the big stage. Then everybody wonders why they have never heard of them before. Music and wrestling...good stuff!

Re: Music? - 07/18/05 11:22 AM

... and in bed last night I was thinking (shame on some of you) about the Stingrays. As I said, my mind works in mysterious ways and I was slaying myself trying to come up with their full name. I just about typed Eddie and the Stingrays but no, it's Charlie and the Stingrays!

Now for a bit of trivia ... a white boy sang the blues (kind of a oxymoron), played the slide guitar, starred in Roadhouse, and is blind (gives him a true feeling toward the Blues). Who is he?
Posted By: Noblet

Re: Music? - 07/18/05 12:42 PM

Hey Randy this thread has really suprised me, about you. I had no idea but to picture you associated with some of this music.........Our son has picked some strange music and Maggie and I've told him that something was done 30-35 years ago by so & so he can't hardly beleive us. I had to ask Maggie, my spelling and memory are terrible as usual and this for some reason is worse than a typical Monday morning. Pretty sure that was Jeff Heally???? See you this weekend ?

Re: Music? - 07/19/05 01:14 AM

You my Sir, are the BIG winner! What does the winner get? I don't know but I'm sure it will be big!
Posted By: Noblet

Re: Music? - 07/19/05 02:35 AM

Thanks !
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums