Kansas Wrestling

Who would be your dream team of all time in 321A?

Posted By: biggdaddy

Who would be your dream team of all time in 321A? - 03/02/06 04:26 AM

I know I will get lots of different answers for this one, but who would you have on your 321A dream team of all time. Each weight having one or two people
Posted By: matman69

Re: Who would be your dream team of all time in 321A? - 03/02/06 07:12 PM

Jeff Boyle-Norton 275
Clay Madden-Norton 119
Matt Giliand-Hoxie 140
Bill Gable- St. Francis 145
Posted By: CoachDeYoe

Re: Who would be your dream team of all time in 321A? - 03/02/06 09:38 PM

Chris Bolen from Immaculata (Leavenworth) was amazing and had one of the scariest front headlocks of anyone I remember watching when I was a kid.

Also Kelly Gable from St. Francis was a High School All-American and went D-1 to Oklahoma State. The entire Gable family are top notch people that I am very happy to have gotten to know over time. Great wrestlers and great human beings.

Re: Who would be your dream team of all time in 321A? - 03/03/06 12:37 AM

I should have clarified it better because of the weight class differences back then. Boyle was a three time state champ and was a man among boys. But in the 60's there was a long list of state champs. And the 80's you had guys like Jeff vrbas and scott urban to contend with and early 90's with Shad jacobs, josh dienes and jw milliken. defeinitly a tough decision

Re: Who would be your dream team of all time in 321A? - 03/03/06 02:46 AM

ALSO IN THE LIGHTER WEIGHTS YOU HAD SOME GUYS THAT WERE SOME STUDS. EVERYONE MENTIONED ABOVE ARE 4 TIME STATE CHAMPS EXCEPT FOR BOYLE. BUT ONE GUY COULD BEAT GILLIAND, GABLE AND MADDEN. HIS NAME LYLE GEYER FROM LEOTI. 3 TIME STATE CHAMP AND THE QUICKEST ON TAKEN PEOPLE DOWN THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN. I DO NOT KNOW WHY HE WASN'T A FOUR TIME STATE CHAMP
Posted By: A. Oncewas

Re: Who would be your dream team of all time in 321A? - 03/03/06 04:10 PM

Agreed. Who did beat Geyer and what year was it? I think it had to have been his freshman year.

Re: Who would be your dream team of all time in 321A? - 03/03/06 06:45 PM

IT WAS HIS FRESHMAN YEAR AND I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHO IT WAS

Re: Who would be your dream team of all time in 321A? - 03/03/06 07:14 PM

It wouldn't have been Rechfertig from Wellsville would it?

Re: Who would be your dream team of all time in 321A? - 03/03/06 10:37 PM

or it could have been Corey Burton from Hill City or Jeff McIntyre from Atwood

Re: Who would be your dream team of all time in 321A? - 03/03/06 11:02 PM

Geyer was a year older than me, but that just doesn't seem right. I was there watching that year and I remember Burton winning state, but I don't recall Geyer wrestling either of them. Could be though... I've seen to many matches since then to remember for sure.

Re: Who would be your dream team of all time in 321A? - 03/04/06 02:12 AM

I hear you there
Posted By: mikeholliday

Re: Who would be your dream team of all time in 321A? - 03/04/06 02:15 AM

I believe it was Rechfertig from Wellsville. And speaking of him, he's one of the best I've seen in 3-2-1A. 3 timer.
Posted By: usawks1

Re: Who would be your dream team of all time in 321A? - 03/04/06 03:01 AM

Rechtfertig was legit.
Posted By: klint deere

Re: Who would be your dream team of all time in 321A? - 03/04/06 04:56 PM

Eric Koehler-Nemaha Valley
Matt Treaster-Beloit
Larry Grieve-Osborne

3 pretty dominating wrestlers, Koehler and Melvin Douglas squared off at grand state in an awesome match with a 1 pt win from Koehler
Posted By: RedStorm

Re: Who would be your dream team of all time in 321A? - 03/05/06 02:07 AM

I don't remember ever seeing Geyer warming up before a match either, he kind of looked like Opie and was very unassuming, but was a bad, bad man. Of course, he may not of been warming up because I was his opponenet, so there you go. Did he or did he not go on to recieve the OW at senior nationals?

Re: Who would be your dream team of all time in 321A? - 03/05/06 04:57 AM

I think he did actually

Re: Who would be your dream team of all time in 321A? - 03/05/06 06:14 PM

i think he did

Re: Who would be your dream team of all time in 321A? - 03/05/06 06:20 PM

Geyer was CO-outstanding wrestler at Senior Nationals. He and Cary Kolat shared the honor.

Re: Who would be your dream team of all time in 321A? - 03/05/06 08:52 PM

I like Aaron Shelton of Phillipsburg in the lower weights; Mike Dawes of Andale and Josh Lawrenze of Herrington in the middle weights and TJ Staab of Plainville and Noah Clouse of Effingham in the 189-215 range.

Re: Who would be your dream team of all time in 321A? - 03/06/06 02:29 AM

Actually I think I meant Nathan Lawrenze
Posted By: wrestlingfan65

Re: Who would be your dream team of all time in 321A? - 03/06/06 03:26 AM

Ya, josh Lawrenze was good but i would not put him on my all time team. TJ stabb was a man among boys event though he only won it once the guys he lost to were really good and TJ became an all american at senior nationals taking 7th i think. Im having a hard time thinking of any other good 215 pounders except Boyle of course. Jack Dennis was pretty good too he destroyed Justin Montgomery from smith center in the finals and both were undefeated going into the finals.
Posted By: matman69

Re: Who would be your dream team of all time in 321A? - 03/07/06 02:42 AM

josh kellerman-Norton won at 215 he was very dominating as was Boyle
Posted By: ltrain

Re: Who would be your dream team of all time in 321A? - 03/07/06 04:27 AM

I can tell you from the beating that I absorbed, Matt Treaster!
Posted By: RJW1

Re: Who would be your dream team of all time in 321A? - 03/07/06 05:17 PM

Scott Urban of Atwood at 189. I think he placed as a Soph. at HWT and then won it the next two years at 189. Also placed 2nd at senior nationals.
Posted By: BlueJay Pride

Re: Who would be your dream team of all time in 321A? - 03/08/06 02:36 AM

What about Rusty Miller- Norton he only one it once but look at who he was behind his fresh,soph Boyle, Kellerman

Um Curtis Brown- Norton he won it twice and i think if im correct he one it his senior year with a messed up shoulder

Re: Who would be your dream team of all time in 321A? - 03/08/06 03:15 AM

I like Norton as much as the next person, but if we're talking dream team Curtis Brown and Rusty Miller shouldn't be mentioned
Posted By: hornet

Re: Who would be your dream team of all time in 321A? - 03/09/06 04:40 AM

mike,

brown was a 2 time champ and a kwca senior wrestler of the year and he doesn't belong in the conversation?
Posted By: wrestlingfan65

Re: Who would be your dream team of all time in 321A? - 03/09/06 06:46 AM

Six gun told you mike, haha. I see both sides to your guys argument, but the thing that sticks out to me when i think of all time dream teams is guys that pop into my head instantly and neither brown or miller did until somebody mentioned them. I watched these wrestlers and they were really good i guess they just didnt stick out to me like some of the others at these weights.
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums