Kansas Wrestling

One way to make the news....

Posted By: Curtis Chenoweth

One way to make the news.... - 11/28/06 10:08 PM

Kansas stud Eric Ludke made the news in Iowa. Prooves he's a true Kansan...

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Wrestler cited for shooting at raccoon
By the Press-Citizen
Police cited a University of Iowa wrestler for allegedly shooting at a raccoon last week in a parking lot near Carver-Hawkeye Arena.

Eric Luedke, 21, of Coralville, was cited for discharge of a firearm within city limits at 8:51 p.m. Thursday at UI parking lot No. 46. The charge is a simple misdemeanor punishable by a maximum 30 days in jail and a $500 fine.

“Apparently, Mr. Luedke took a .22-caliber target pistol out of his car and shot at a raccoon,” University of Iowa associate public safety director David Visen said.

Luedke, a senior, is ranked ninth nationally at 174 pounds. He was an All-American last year at 165.

http://www.hawkcentral.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061128/HAWKS0110/61128009
Posted By: Prant Garker

Re: One way to make the news.... - 11/28/06 10:59 PM

You can take the man out of Kansas, but you can never take the Kansas out of a man.

Any word on whether or not he got the raccoon?
Posted By: usawks1

Re: One way to make the news.... - 11/29/06 01:36 PM

Do you also support the right to arm raccoons Sir Prant?
Posted By: John Johnston

Re: One way to make the news.... - 11/29/06 02:09 PM

Come on guys, it was dark and he saw a guy with a mask coming at him.

Re: One way to make the news.... - 11/29/06 02:21 PM

I suppose fair is fair, right?

I'd take Luedke over a raccoon in a fight any day.
Posted By: klint deere

Re: One way to make the news.... - 11/29/06 03:06 PM

the question is not whether he got the raccoon, but whether he shot and then ate the raccoon....

Re: One way to make the news.... - 11/29/06 06:20 PM

Kentucky Mudflap should be extremely proud of his kin!
Posted By: Jim Gaither

Re: One way to make the news.... - 12/03/06 08:33 PM

Originally Posted By: usawks1
Kentucky Mudflap should be extremely proud of his kin!

... if you tell me you aint never shott at a rakoon with yer 22 I'll call you a lier!

Re: One way to make the news.... - 12/04/06 12:20 AM

The Mudflap and his mulletude is one unique individual!
Posted By: Mike Furches

Re: One way to make the news.... - 12/04/06 02:12 PM

Originally Posted By: klint deere
the question is not whether he got the raccoon, but whether he shot and then ate the raccoon....

And what would be wrong with that?

Re: One way to make the news.... - 12/04/06 06:10 PM

Nothing would be wrong with him shooting and eating a raccoon.

However, there would be a problem if he didn't share his meal with those around him.

Re: One way to make the news.... - 12/04/06 06:48 PM

But what is the nutritional value of raccoon? And what would he eat with it? After all, he and his buds are in training!
Posted By: Ricky Bobby

Re: One way to make the news.... - 12/06/06 06:47 PM

That reminds of the time me and Cal went out in the ole' car and were hitting every last coon, skunk, deer, muskrat, cat, and dog from Daytona to Indy.

Re: One way to make the news.... - 12/06/06 07:57 PM

Okay … I hate to admit this but here I go!

A couple of decades ago I was a deputy sheriff in our local county. Myself, and a buddy of mine, were also “fur harvesters!” (no sexual innuendos required) Back then, the pelts were high and a decent one would land $20 or more. Occasionally, while working the night shift, I would pick up road kill treasures. If the opportunity presented itself, I might “accidentally” run over the suicidal raccoon or bobcat.

One weekend, the office was getting a lot of reports night poaching. The local rabbit ranger (or squirrel sheriff) decided to ride along with me, as his truck was pretty well known to the criminal element.

It was getting toward the end of my shift. We had bagged a couple of poachers and were headed back to the barn. Just ahead was a low water crossing and sitting in the middle of the road on the other side of the creek was the largest raccoon I had ever seen. My eyes lit up when I saw this 25#’er and I thought of the money this pelt would be worth. But then, I remembered my passenger, the varmint marshal!

I was in a quandary … what was I to do? In an instant I devised a plan. I tilted my head back and feigned a huge yawn as I gently swerved to the right, trying to inadvertently run over the raccoon that was making a run for the ditch. I was in mid-yawn when I heard the unmistakable thump thump! I gasped with surprise and asked my partner, “did I run over that poor raccoon?” The answer, “nope … but I got him with the door!”
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums