Kansas Wrestling

2020 - Kansas FS/GR Tournament Hosts

Posted By: Coach T.Gonzales

2020 - Kansas FS/GR Tournament Hosts - 11/22/19 08:14 PM

If you are interested in hosting a Spring/Summer 2020 Freestyle/Greco Roman tournament please inform me. (usd475tgonzales@gmail.com)
I'll be working to build a Spring/Summer 2020 schedule including local (KS) tournaments, district/regional weekend practice sites, national team training camps, technical training camps and regional/national tournaments, and anything else necessary to include.
The plan would be to get this out to the all of our High School Regional sites.
Therefore, I'm asking some of our Hosts to look at their dates early (now).
If you have any questions, or need anything, please let me know.
Thank you,
Posted By: Derek Patterson

Re: 2020 - Kansas FS/GR Tournament Hosts - 11/22/19 08:26 PM

Central Kansas Wrestling/Newman University is interested in hosting a 2nd annual War On 54 FS/GR tournament. Early discussions would be to have a full day camp/clinic on Saturday and wrestle on Sunday. Youth, HS, and open (college) divisions.

We haven't solidified a date yet as we are wanting to work around the masses schedules and do what's best for the state as a whole.
Posted By: Brent Lane

Re: 2020 - Kansas FS/GR Tournament Hosts - 02/19/20 12:57 AM

Ottawa is looking at hosting either April 4th or May 2nd, unless another date would be more suitable. Trying to work around the established tournaments (black and blue) since we are not far from the KC Metro area. I know the War on 54 may be May 3rd so that might throw out that date, maybe May 16th since Junction City is May 9th. Would love to hear some feedback.

Brent Lane
Posted By: Coach T.Gonzales

Re: 2020 - Kansas FS/GR Tournament Hosts - 02/19/20 02:10 PM

A current quick view of the 2020 FS/GR schedule can be found here currently: https://www.usawks.org/page/show/926511?referrer_id=
Some more hosts will be added as information comes in. Hosts need to be sure to reserve their gyms & fill out a sanction tournament form.
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums