Kansas Wrestling

Romero Cotton-From star athlete to inmate

Posted By: ShooterMcGavin

Romero Cotton-From star athlete to inmate - 02/10/11 06:03 PM

In case you missed it on ksn

http://www.ksn.com/news/local/story/From-star-athlete-to-inmate/3sR2SWxs4020gEDHoZOT_A.cspx
Posted By: Chief Renegade

Re: Romero Cotton-From star athlete to inmate - 02/10/11 08:17 PM

Man. A sobering story. God has plans for all involved here. I pray for blessings out of a seemingly terrible event.
Posted By: Enetophobic

Re: Romero Cotton-From star athlete to inmate - 02/10/11 08:53 PM

So here is a question, has his NCAA Clock started yet or no? I don't know all the bylaws, but I thought once you graduated you only had 5 years to compete DI?
Posted By: Teamroper

Re: Romero Cotton-From star athlete to inmate - 02/10/11 09:46 PM

When I learned this happened back then I was both amazed and mad all at the same time.

My son had wrestled Romero several times through kids wrestling and I then knew him as always a very good kid.

The boys moved into different wieghts over the years but I always watched him wrestle and followed him through some of his state runs.

No doubt he made a horrible decision that has effected his life and his future.
Posted By: GNR

Re: Romero Cotton-From star athlete to inmate - 02/11/11 03:02 PM

I think OSU cowboys had a 40 year old QB this year, so time shouldn't be a problem I don't think....
Posted By: HEADUP

Re: Romero Cotton-From star athlete to inmate - 02/11/11 04:09 PM

not sure of all time constraints, but there have been alot of players play MLB, then comeback to play FB. Many wrestlers go to the armed forces, then comeback and join teams.

sounds like he is making the right decisions now, i can only imagine how much stronger this young man is going to be, after something like this. whatever he does, world look out, this kid can do it all.

i commend mr. iverson, here how many people can say that they could be that strong.
Posted By: BDRan

Re: Romero Cotton-From star athlete to inmate - 05/27/13 12:42 AM

Is this the same Romero Cotton that was in the national finals this year?
Posted By: Ben Dover

Re: Romero Cotton-From star athlete to inmate - 05/27/13 02:49 PM

Yes
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums