Kansas Wrestling

New $25 million facitlty in Lawrence. Wrestling??

Posted By: Paratroop

New $25 million facitlty in Lawrence. Wrestling?? - 07/24/12 08:32 PM

So recently I've been in contact with a person doing a facility study for the proposed $25 million indoor sports complex that maybe built in Lawrence. I am told that in conjuction with KU, they are planning on having a 166,000 sq ft indoor facility with 12 vollyball courts, 12 basketball courts, multi-purpose areas, as well as a competition soccer and track and field stadium adjacent to the indoor facility.

I know what are local issues are as far as practices areas for wrestling and such so I'll let him know that. His other question has to with what level of interest would there be for utilizing the proposed facility for camps, tournaments, or other wrestling events, national or local sized. My first thought is you can probably put a lot of mats in a 166,000 sq ft facility.

I just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas or thoughts. You can post em here or email me at bronson@sunflowerkidswrestling.com if there is anything you want me to mention to him.

Also here's a link to an article from ljworld:

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2012/jul/24/clearer-picture-emerges-proposed-recreation-center/

Thought it was cool that they wanted some input on wrestling!!
Posted By: Husker Fan

Re: New $25 million facitlty in Lawrence. Wrestling?? - 08/04/12 12:26 PM

Sounds like it would be a great place for a NCAA Division I wrestling team! smile
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums