Kansas Wrestling

TrackWrestling

Posted By: Jhwk4Life

TrackWrestling - 01/25/15 10:42 AM

I Am originally from Kansas, but have ended up living my adult life in Missouri. I am trying to figure out how to get all of the Missouri Tournaments to be ran on Track Wrestling. So I am curious how did Kansas go from not using Track to using Track. And is it something that is mandated and required that every tournament use it. Or is it by choice, and if it is by choice. How did you guys get to the point were almost every one choose to use it?

Thank You
Posted By: L.Geyer

Re: TrackWrestling - 01/25/15 01:00 PM

I would say the best way to convince people to us track wrestling is to just show them how much easier it makes to run a tournament. Track Wrestling pretty much runs the old "behind the scenes" part of the tournament, such as building brackets, updating brackets, etc....

As far as Kansas being mandated by the state to use it. I know the kids division is not mandated. And I am pretty sure the high schools are not either, but after a tournament is ran on track it is highly likely to continue to be ran on track due to the convenience, and the low cost to use it.
Posted By: Mike Juby

Re: TrackWrestling - 04/13/15 12:42 AM

We started out mandating Trackwrestling for all the state qualifying series tournaments (Subdistricts, Districts and State). A few clubs tried it that first year to become familiar with it and the floodgates opened after that. There was some strong resistance the first year, and we did have a few glitches, but currently I'd say Trackwrestling is the best option out there.
Posted By: Beeson

Re: TrackWrestling - 04/13/15 08:01 PM

I was probably the strongest resistance there was against Trackwrestling. It is a great tool for running tournaments, keeping up with teams, and growing the sport of wrestling. I have no problem admitting when I am wrong, and boy was I wrong about Trackwrestling.
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums