Kansas Wrestling

Locating Girl Wrestlers

Posted By: Jeff Mercer

Locating Girl Wrestlers - 11/16/05 02:20 PM

The Kansas Krusaders need your help tracking girl wrestlers in Kansas. If you know of a girl wrestling for a club, junior high, or high school team, please pass along this information by contacting Jenni Edison at kansaskrusaders@yahoo.com. Also, we invite you to visit the KansasKrusaders.com web site for additional information about girls wrestling and to view our on-line photo albums.

On a typical year we have about 50 girls wrestling for high school teams and about 250 girls with USAW memberships. We would like to maintain a list of these wrestlers and track their progress on the Krusaders web site. With your help we won't leave anyone out. We feel that promoting successful girl wrestlers will encourage other girls to take up wrestling.

We also know that college wrestling coaches refer to our list of wrestlers when they consider girls for wrestling scholarships. Kansas is producing solid girl wrestlers. There are currently 5 Kansas women wrestling at college...4 at Missouri Valley and 1 at Cumberland.

Thanks for your cooperation and support!
Posted By: prairiefirewrestling

Re: Locating Girl Wrestlers - 12/01/05 04:39 AM

Jeff,

feel free to pass the word along.
Our club joined with Lawrence Coyotes to unite the two Lawrence clubs.

Lawrence Prairie Fire Girls Wrestling
Ages: 5-18 (as of Sept 1)
practice: Lawrence High School
Monday and Wednesday
6:00pm-7:30
Girls are also welcome to stay during the open wrestler practice from 7:30-9pm.

We expect another large group of girls and if any girls want to come practice with the girls.
Please have them contact me.

We are working with the High Schools regarding our folk-style tournaments (with girls brackets), but at this time are completely shut down.
We are planning on a 2 day tournament in April for Free-style/Greco (with girls brackets) and Midwest Girls Regional Wrestling Championships.
Will send out info. as soon as the HS gives the ok.

Thanks

"Its all about the Kids!"

Debra Housworth
info@prairiefirewrestling.com
785-423-5370
Posted By: Jeff Mercer

Re: Locating Girl Wrestlers - 12/02/05 04:26 AM

Thanks, Prairie Fire. I can't think of another all-girls wrestling club in Kansas. Regardless of the number of members, let us know if you have a girls' team - or if you have girls on your USAWKS wrestling club or on your school teams.

And if you have a girl wrestler, please remember that they can represent USAWKS at major events by wrestling for the Kansas Krusaders. Coach Ed and Jenni Edison would like to hear from you!
Posted By: dynamite05

Re: Locating Girl Wrestlers - 12/12/05 03:48 AM

hey jeff or coach jenni my sister is wanting to wrestle i told her to email you so hopefully she will....yaz
Posted By: CoachEd

Re: Locating Girl Wrestlers - 12/12/05 03:18 PM

Cool... Coach Ed was just asking me about her and if she was going to wrestle. I will watch for her email. Hope KU is going well. My son is considering KU so let us know what you think.

Ms. Jenni
Posted By: Ryan Jilka

Re: Locating Girl Wrestlers - 12/24/05 12:46 AM

Ms.Jenni,
Is the Krusador team open to young girls or just high school aged wrestlers? I have a nine year old that is showing interest.

Thanks,
Ryan
Posted By: CoachEd

Re: Locating Girl Wrestlers - 12/24/05 04:18 AM

Yes, sir and we have girls practice on Wed nights but not this next week. At NW HS from 6-8pm. We will also have some Sunday practices in the future after we get the holidays finished. We would love to meet the young Miss Jilka. Call and talk to Ed. I am pretty sure we can match her up with a partner.

Have a Great Holiday!

Ms. Jenni
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums