Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: 6A 2007 State Team Winners! #84709 06/08/06 12:20 AM
Chase Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by JayHawkster:
GODDARD WINS LAST YEAR BARELY "WITHOUT THE SENIORS"!!!!!!!
Maybe your right....we had an amazing freshmen class this year...

Hey Butt-Head what did people do before they invented TV?
Don't be stupid Beavis there's always been TV, there's just more channels now.
Oh yeah, heh heh hehe... progress is cool. Heh hehe heh
Re: 6A 2007 State Team Winners! #84710 06/09/06 01:42 AM
B
bmeans Offline
B
Chase I got your back!

Goddard does not win last year without their SENIORS, or their JUNIORS, or their SOPHMORES, or their FRESHMAN, or their 25 JV wrestlers that showed up everyday to work hard. It was a team effort and to single anyone out takes away from all who were responsible.

Chase worked hard all summer hauling those freshman to freestyle practice at Derby. Traina pushed Mitchell Means to the brink everyday allowing him to compete at a high level. I could give numerous other examples of how our team members were unselfish. Coach Jilka also deserves a lot of credit. As freshman this senior class only won 1 dual match. They came along way.

State tournament facts:
Moses scores 21 points
Freeman scores 3 points
Traina scores 24.5 points
Posch scores 13 points

That is 61.5 points that will be tough to replace. Wichita South wins without our senior class including two more finalist in Munoz (defeated by Moses) and Price (defeated by Traina).

Parkwayred is correct (I WISH I WAS STILL YOUNG) in that we have our work cut out for us next year. However, the returning group of wrestlers are hard working, self motivated, and unselfish which should make it easier. Thanks to Coach Jilka they now know what it takes.

State is a long way off and I am not one to make predictions. Too many variables from injuries, to grades, to girlfriends, etc. All I know is that we will work hard, HAVE SOME FUN, and attempt to get better as citizens and wrestlers.

I apologize for the long post but felt a need to defend our senior class and the TEAM effort.

Brett Means

Re: 6A 2007 State Team Winners! #84711 06/09/06 02:04 AM
Chase Offline
well said lol...

Hey Butt-Head what did people do before they invented TV?
Don't be stupid Beavis there's always been TV, there's just more channels now.
Oh yeah, heh heh hehe... progress is cool. Heh hehe heh
Re: 6A 2007 State Team Winners! #84712 06/09/06 05:46 PM
J
JayHawkster Offline
J
I heard all Andale state placers are going to the University of Goddard. They will compete against college teams this year.

Brett,

What do you know about all this ANDALE talk??

Re: 6A 2007 State Team Winners! #84713 06/10/06 11:27 PM
G
grappler119 Offline
G
The signing date is not until June 25th!

Re: 6A 2007 State Team Winners! #84714 06/11/06 05:08 PM
voice of reason Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by RichardDSalyer:
Quote:
Originally posted by voice of reason:
Only 1 I have heard of possibly 2 or 3 from Andale. Would be nice to squelsh these rumors, remember the days when a kid stuck it out at one school. High School is becoming like pro sports now.
Is this an attempt to squelsh the rumor or continue to add to it?

Is this what is referred to as hypocrisy at its best?

In pro sports athletes receive remuneration for their services and high school athletes risk losing their amateur status and being banned from high school and quite likely college athletics for this activity. Not a good analogy.
What the heck are you talking about? The only hypocrisy I see on these forums often has the name Salyer attached to it. Are you saying if these kids all transfer, they are violating rules or what? Please explain yourself instead of making veiled comments. I was referring to the reality that kids aren't loyal to their school anymore, and if you can transfer from one school to another for any reason, then that lack of loyalty is like pro sports.

Sincerely,

James
Re: 6A 2007 State Team Winners! #84715 07/08/06 02:22 PM
Bracket-man Offline
It is always interesting to me how much of a "bullseye" gets put on a team after winning the top prize. Over the past few years, much debate about Turner, St Thomas Aquinas, Bishop Carroll and Goddard, their "recruiting" tactics and other sidebar commentary. From this seat, they all earned their titles...on the mat. It takes contributions from all those associated with the program. Blue Valley won a State Championship in 1997 with 4 Seniors not wrestling varsity. I believe it is what you do in the wrestling room that takes you to the trophy room. Good luck to ALL teams, because in February, we get to do it all over again.

You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Derek Patterson), 176 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,943
Posts250,375
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)