Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Mike Furches #94923 11/09/06 08:28 PM
C
Curtis Chenoweth Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Just got off the phone with Mike. He's on is way in to have an emergency meeting with a surgeon regarding his gall bladder. He wasn't sure of to many things, except his gall bladder is in a lot worse shape than initially thought. He doesn't expect to have surgery til next week, but said worst case scenario he could be undergoing surgery later today. So please keep Mike in your prayers while he's going through all this.

P.S. to all of the guys that were planning on attending the Wizzer's practice at the Caylor's tonight, Mike still wants everyone to come to practice. I'll be there to run it if Mike isn't able to come, and I plan on going and visiting him afterwards if he's in the hospital.

Curtis Chenoweth
Re: Mike Furches [Re: Curtis Chenoweth] #94924 11/09/06 08:34 PM
lil_sharpe_007 Offline
Mike is in my thoughts and prayers!!!!!

"No Excuses"-Kyle Maynard
Re: Mike Furches [Re: lil_sharpe_007] #94926 11/09/06 09:42 PM
K
klint deere Offline
K
Best wishes to Mike, have been there, get up and walking around asap after they zap that sucker out,,,,,

Klint

Re: Mike Furches [Re: klint deere] #94929 11/09/06 11:12 PM
Nedly Offline
Keepin a good thought for you MIke!

Ned

Re: Mike Furches [Re: Nedly] #94930 11/10/06 12:26 AM
Mike Furches Offline
At 3:00 PM today I got word from my Doctors office that they wanted me to see a surgeon immediately. I just returned home from the meeting with the surgeon, and haveing a variety of tests done. I am scheduled for tomorrow morning to have my gall bladder removed and they are going to check a few other things in the process. I go in at 10:00 AM Central Time and the surgery is scheduled for 12:00 PM Central time. I will be in the hospital anywheres from 24 hours to 36 hours depending on how things go and if there are any complications.

Thanks for the prayers, and I appreciate all of the kind words. I'm not worried about anything, just dreading the move we have to make with our house this weekend and next weekend. The Doc told me it would be 4 - 6 weeks before I could lift anything over 20 pounds. Our house is being auctioned off by the denomination of the church I was at and we have to have everything out before next weekend, a real pain, and not a great time. I guess God is trying to teach me a few things about friendship and all, it is not easy because truth is, as much as I preach about giving, truth is it is hard to sometimes receive. Keep all of that in your prayers as well.

Blessings and it may be a week or so before I am back on, have to wait and see.

BTW, hospital is St. Josephs here in Wichita. I would love to see smiling faces for anyone who is around.

Again, thanks, and like I told Curtis, related to the gall bladder and everything the doc told me, a lot of folks are right, I am full of *&it.

BTW, The Wizzers are still expected to wrestle this weekend. I have been working out the details tonight for coaching, transportation and all of that, thankfully we have some great kids and great coaches going down. Give it your best and represent Kansas.

Re: Mike Furches [Re: Mike Furches] #94932 11/10/06 01:24 AM
usawks1 Offline
My thoughts will be with you Mike!

Are you making a POSITIVE difference in the life of kids?

Randy Hinderliter
USAW Kansas
KWCA Rep/Coaches Liaison
Ottawa University Volunteer Assistant
Re: Mike Furches [Re: usawks1] #94954 11/10/06 08:51 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Just got home from the hospital. Mike got out of surgery about an hour ago and is in the process of waking up still. The dr. said the surgery went smoothly but took a little longer than expected due to a stone that was pushing the gall bladder into the liver. I'll be going up later tonight when he's awake to keep him company. The dr will be keeping him overnight.

Curtis Chenoweth
Re: Mike Furches [Re: Curtis Chenoweth] #94955 11/10/06 10:02 PM
Bracket-man Offline
Mike:

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family...here's hoping to a full and speedy recovery!!

You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead.
Re: Mike Furches [Re: Bracket-man] #94978 11/11/06 10:32 PM
Y
yardman Offline
Y
Get Well soon Mike!!!.. We are praying for you.

Re: Mike Furches [Re: yardman] #94979 11/11/06 10:45 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Hung out with Mike for a few hours or so today. He's starting to be able to get around a little bit. He's still in a lot of pain, but they're keeping him drugged up. He's still been having a lot of drainage so they're keeping him in the hospital for another night just so they can get the nasty stuff drained out the best they can before they send him home. The doctor said he should be able to go home tomorrow morning and he should be on his way to a full recovery.

Curtis Chenoweth
Re: Mike Furches [Re: Curtis Chenoweth] #95021 11/13/06 10:18 AM
Mike Furches Offline
Just wanted to say thanks to all for the prayers and all over the last several days. A short synopsis of all that has gone on. As some know I have had some health issues that I have been trying to get addressed and looked at over the last year. Week before last, after waking up late at night over 5 nights I went into the Dr’s office for some pain medication. . In the process, they found a bulging disk in my back but didn’t see anything that would describe the abdominal pain. They did a ultrasound didn’t see anything but decided to have me go in for a MRI, Nuclear Imaging and a few other things. Next thing I know, I get a phone call at approximately 3:00 PM on Thursday telling me to get into the surgeons office immediately, they may be doing surgery that day.

Long story made short, they scheduled surgery for Friday morning to remove the gall bladder. Not normally that big of a deal. There was some complications though, the gall bladder had developed a stone that the surgeon said was among the largest she had ever seen, it had grown for a period of time, and was somehow doing a variety of things including pressure on the liver. Apparently there was other problems including infection that is still being treated and draining. I am walking around for the duration of the week, when I can walk, with a drainage bag on my hip that look pretty nasty. The pain is still pretty bad as well. Hopefully they will next be able to treat the bulging disk.

As many know I am moving this week, and have had offers of help and I really appreciate that. The doc has given strict orders to not lift anything for between 4-6 weeks and moving is out for me. Any help is appreciated and I know that with the wrestling team among others that things will go okay.

I also appreciate Curtis spending time with me; I think I remember most of it. I will still be out of commission for most of the week, and with everything that is going on now will be dealing with some other issues, but that is between here and there. Thanks for all of the kind emails and contacts, it is much appreciated. I won’t be able to respond to everything as my time up is only around an hour or so at most. As the week progresses I will be up more. For those that reassure the wrestling family concept, again thank you.

Re: Mike Furches [Re: Mike Furches] #95026 11/13/06 02:15 PM
S
Shelstin Offline
S
Hey Mike, I hope that things are still going well. Here's to a speedy and complete recovery.

Rick Cue
ExHC
Ulysses
Re: Mike Furches [Re: Shelstin] #95032 11/13/06 04:34 PM
Scott Fausset Offline
Mike,
Thanks for coordinating last weekend. Heal fast. Don't listen to jokes or watch the CHIEFS; no laughing or crying, bad on the stitches. Wishing you well. --scott

You can’t stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. -- Joseph Goldstein
Re: Mike Furches [Re: Scott Fausset] #95036 11/13/06 05:43 PM
usawks1 Offline
Glad your on the mend!

Are you making a POSITIVE difference in the life of kids?

Randy Hinderliter
USAW Kansas
KWCA Rep/Coaches Liaison
Ottawa University Volunteer Assistant

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 163 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,942
Posts250,374
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)