Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
fisher? #102984 02/25/07 04:12 PM
W
wrestle007 Offline OP
OP Offline
W
135 6A...how come fisher got DQed?

Re: fisher? [Re: wrestle007] #102998 02/25/07 05:16 PM
Kevin Cathcart Offline
I didn't see what happened but the Topeka Capital Journal said he got disqualified after a flagrant misconduct penalty after his 21-4 tech fall victory in the quaterfinals. Did that mean Almanger did not have a semi-final match?

Re: fisher? [Re: Kevin Cathcart] #103002 02/25/07 06:08 PM
A
Aaron Sweazy Offline
A
Almanger received a forfeit victory into the finals.

Yours in wrestling,

The Swayz
swayz.wrestling@gmail.com recruiting help, promoting the sport& more!
Re: fisher? [Re: Aaron Sweazy] #103009 02/25/07 06:22 PM
W
Wes Park Offline
W
i heard that at the end of the match, the kid who lost accidently kicked him but he thought it was on purpose and said a few things but im not sure

Re: fisher? [Re: Wes Park] #103055 02/25/07 10:45 PM
J
JayHawkster Offline
J
 Originally Posted By: Wes Park
i heard that at the end of the match, the kid who lost accidently kicked him but he thought it was on purpose and said a few things but im not sure

Didn't look like an accident to me

Re: fisher? [Re: JayHawkster] #103163 02/26/07 02:17 PM
Schultes Offline
Does it matter? He just completely destroyed his opponent and cost himself a potential state championship, not to mention a potential team championship. Anything that needed to be said or done was said and done by the score.

The more I train, the luckier I get. - Renzo Gracie
Re: fisher? [Re: Schultes] #103164 02/26/07 02:24 PM
Devast8r Offline
I did not see what happened, but both officials were talking to the coach, Fisher had left the mat and mat area (he came back after being retrieved by a coach), then the Head Official got involved, then Rick Bowden came over. Whatever happened, it was treated seriously and showed a poor decision on Fisher's part, especially after winning the match. It did cost him the State Title, and cost his team the State Championship, and hopefully he learns from this.

"Praise the Lord, my Rock. He trains my hands 4 war & gives my fingers skill 4 battle."-Ps.144:1
Re: fisher? [Re: Devast8r] #103185 02/26/07 03:04 PM
Isenberg133 Offline
Do you think Fisher would have beaten Almaguer?

Re: fisher? [Re: wrestle007] #103188 02/26/07 03:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no

Re: fisher? [Re: wrestle007] #103192 02/26/07 03:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
According to the Wichita Paper interview of Manhattan Coach Fisher would have had the state Championship. I would disagree that ship has sailed and he who has it deserved it!

Re: fisher? [Re: ] #103196 02/26/07 03:33 PM
D
Dean Welsh Offline
D
Well said. I agree Grandpa.

The bracket showed Fisher had one loss on the year. Who beat him?

D. Dean Welsh, Junction City
***Dean plays well with others!!! ;-)
Re: fisher? [Re: Dean Welsh] #103228 02/26/07 04:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think it was Shridde of Greatbend who took 4Th at state 5A.
I didn't hear how Shridde's brother was he went down with what looked like a serous injury.

Last edited by Grandpa Isenberg; 02/26/07 04:33 PM.
Re: fisher? [Re: ] #103243 02/26/07 05:20 PM
N
NWKFAN#1 Offline
N
Moral of the story--->Be careful who you recruit!!!

Re: fisher? [Re: NWKFAN#1] #103251 02/26/07 06:26 PM
TeddyBallgame Offline
I believe Cody Schridde (the one that got injured) was present on the medal stand later that evening...It looked to be pretty serious @ the time of his injury. By the way, who was the kid in 5A that broke his arm? Also, did anyone hear if Keller-103lb broke his nose? He was bleeding like a stuck pig. I hope all these kids have full recoveries.

The first impression will be a lasting impression
Re: fisher? [Re: TeddyBallgame] #103262 02/26/07 07:02 PM
W
wrestler1086 Offline
W
That was not Cody Schridde who received the medal that evening it was his brother Joe who received it for him. Cody is going to be photo shopped in by a local photographer. Cody was dropped on his head during his match with the Salina South kid. It jarred his neck and x-rays determined that he broke a piece of his vertibre off. It is nothing life threatening, no surgery is needed. He did return to state right after the 160 finals match. He has to wear a neck braise for 3 months and is unable to do anything including drive a car for 3 months. He cannot participate in sports(no jumping or running) for 6 months. It is to bad because he was regional champ last year in pole vaulting. This brings up another screw up involving a ref. The salina kid should have been disqualified because when you lift an opponent off the ground you have to take them to their side you cannot take them frontwards. Whether it be accidental or on purpose that is the rule.

Re: fisher? [Re: ] #103379 02/27/07 03:24 AM
W
wrestling797 Offline
W
To bad none of you guys know what happened and if you watched the tape i am pretty sure you would all say that the other kid should have been kicked out for the stuff he was doing and in the rule book it says that a wrestler has to have 4 unsportsman like conducts during the match and one after the match the ref had no power to get kicked out of a tournament.

Re: fisher? [Re: wrestling797] #103386 02/27/07 04:40 AM
T
TheTiger Offline
T
Ok I could not sit back and let this misinformation get posted, this may be two of the most ridiculous statements make on this board this year. Seriously people if you don't know the rules then please don't come on this board spouting them off! Secondly you can't make up your own rules to fit your purpose. That being said let’s examine these two lovely posts by two unnamed individuals.

Originally Posted By: wrestler1086
This brings up another screw up involving a ref. The Salina kid should have been disqualified because when you lift an opponent off the ground you have to take them to their side you cannot take them frontwards. Whether it is accidental or on purpose that is the rule.

The NFHS rules book makes NO mention of a wrestler having to return a wrestler, who has been lifted off the mat, back down to the mat on "their side". There is NO SUCH RULE in the rule book. What the rule book does say is

Quote:
A slam occurs when either wrestler lifts his/her opponent off the mat and returns him/her with unnecessary force

Now would you please tell me where in that very simple rule straight from the NFHS rule book itself, does it mention that a wrestler may not return his opponent to the mat in a forward manner? Obviously if you drop a guy on his head on purpose that would be illegal because that is unnecessary force, but the simple act of a wrestler landing on his head incidentally is most certainly not illegal.

Wrestler1086, please don't post again unless what you say matches the NFHS rule book.

Moving on...

Originally Posted By: wrestling797
To bad none of you guys know what happened and if you watched the tape I am pretty sure you would all say that the other kid should have been kicked out for the stuff he was doing and in the rule book it says that a wrestler has to have 4 unsportsmanlike conducts during the match and one after the match the ref had no power to get kicked out of a tournament.

In this situation, wrestling797 you were at least very partially correct in your assertion. Unfortunately most of what you said was wrong. First of all 4 unsportsmanlike conducts DURING a match in progress would result in a wrestler’s disqualification from THAT MATCH, not the tournament itself. So you are wrong there. Also a wrestler need not get 4 conduct calls on them to be DQ'd from the match. The DQ comes after the 4th penalty in the penalty sequence happens. SO in this case wrestler A could have had 3 locked hands, and then he shoves his opponent as they go out of bounds. He is then given an UC which would effectively terminate the match. That wrestler would be DQ'd from the match but not the tournament.

Now UC's NOT DURING THE MATCH are different. In this case once again you are wrong because it takes TWO UC's by the same wrestler to be DQ'd from the tournament, not 1 as you asserted.

Now let’s take this a bit further to completely iron out the situation. NFHS rule 7-4-2 states...

Quote:
Unsportsmanlike conduct involves physical or nonphysical acts and they can occur before, during or after a match. It includes, but is not limited to, such acts as failure to comply with the direction of the official, pushing, shoving, swearing, taunting, intimidation, baiting an opponent, throwing headgear or any other equipment, spitting and the clearing of the nasal passage in other than the proper receptacle, repeatedly dropping to one knee to break locked hands, indicating displeasure with a call, failure to keep shoulder straps up while on the mat and failure to comply with the end-of-match procedure.

Now as it relates to this situation IF the wrestler who was ejected (Fisher) was committing any of these acts, which has been proven that he did (taunting, intimidation, and baiting were all mentioned). Then he was in fact being unsportsmanlike and would get the call on him. However here is the last sentence of the above rule that is the MOST important part.

Quote:
Continuing acts of unsportsmanlike conduct or any unsportsmanlike conduct may be construed as flagrant misconduct.

WHICH MEANS, that if the wrestler continued to act in an unsportsmanlike way after being called for UC then the referee has the discretion to call such acts FLAGRANT, which as you know means automatic ejection from the tournament on the first offense.

Putting this all together... In this situation it was not necessary or required for the official to sit there and give 4 UC's to the kid when he would not desist his actions after being cautioned. He was given a FLAGRANT misconduct for continuing his actions after the initial event and THAT is why he was ejected.

So after that long explanation for something that is really actually quite simple I hope that you have all gained a better knowledge of the actual rules and not the ones you want to skew to your side.

On a personal note...
Where was the Goddard coach in this whole situation? Please let me state first that I am not placing any blame on him for this situation, because I know him and respect him. Ultimately it should have been him out there controlling his kid. He should have been the first person to let his guy know what he was doing was not acceptable. I know that my high school coach would have pulled me out of the tournament himself if I had ever performed an act like that. In fact he almost did my junior year at state and I gained even more respect for him after that, and it never happened again. This was an ugly situation for sure, and as usual people on here are quick to blame the officials for something that happened. I wouldn't have a problem with people being critical of officials IF they were actually stating real rules and if they actually knew what the rule was and how it’s interpreted.

In the future please be mindful of the things you post on here, because it looks foolish when you make erroneous posts.

Re: fisher? [Re: NWKFAN#1] #103388 02/27/07 10:09 AM
A
Aaron Sweazy Offline
A
 Originally Posted By: theman
Moral of the story--->Be careful who you recruit!!!

That goes true in college as well!

Yours in wrestling,

The Swayz
swayz.wrestling@gmail.com recruiting help, promoting the sport& more!
Re: fisher? [Re: Aaron Sweazy] #103400 02/27/07 01:47 PM
mokessler Offline
And for those of you bad mouthing Fisher and acting like he was a horrible kid for doing what he did just stop. The kid he wrestled was wrestling dirty all match and fisher was still able to dominate him and the kick to the face might have been an accident and it might not have been, there's no way to really tell. And then when the match was over it seemed as if the other wrestler threw a punch "but i wont say he did" and any wrestler in an already heated situation would have done something. Now fisher may have overeacted a little bit but it was still no grounds for being disqualified from the whole tourny.

I am the game and you know you can't take me
Re: fisher? [Re: mokessler] #103402 02/27/07 02:00 PM
C
Cap'n Alright Offline
C
When you lose your temper and explode during a match, you still have a lot to learn in this sport. I think Fisher is a great wrestler that comes from a very talented wrestling family and it was a shame to see his season end this way. But hopefully there is a good lesson learned from this state tournament FOR ALL WRESTLERS:

YOU HAVE TO BE IN CONTROL OF YOUR EMOTIONS AT ALL TIMES.

How many times do you think people have tried to get in Cael Sanderson's head by wrestling dirty or talking trash? Cael walks on and off the mat with self-respect. WHEN YOU WRESTLE, JUST WORRY ABOUT WRESTLING. Your coaches are in your corner to deal with any misconducts and make sure matches do not get out of control.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 205 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,941
Posts250,373
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)