Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Burden fireworks [Re: S Biddle] #120289 02/21/08 03:43 AM
B
bockman Offline OP
OP Offline
B
you can read my reply and then you will understand why I was asking the questions. I never meant for any club bashing or tournament bashing. My post was meant for one of those 2 coaches involved and the other coach wasnt. I know the coach from one of those clubs but dont think he was the start of it. The coach I meant this post for I think has done this before and needs to be dealt with. No I did not attend the Central tournament. I was the one in Topeka.

Scott Bockover
Re: Burden fireworks [Re: bockman] #120305 02/21/08 05:47 AM
Beeson Offline
Scott, I thought you handled it as well as could be expected. Everyone else needs to let this die. I have been fired up in the past and said things I shouldn't. Let's hope that those involved feel bad about what happened and learn from it. Bringing it up time and time again will not benifit anyone.

And just for the Record...anyone involved in any confrontation is at fault. All you have to do is walk away and the confrontation is over.

Last edited by Beeson; 02/21/08 06:01 AM.

Unnecessary Roughness is Necessary
Re: Burden fireworks [Re: S Biddle] #120312 02/21/08 12:13 PM
M
mcaugusta Offline
M
I just have to comment. Any club, any parent, any coach, can have their "moments". I know in our club, we had plenty. We took care of it internally; which is what I think every club should do. If this "club" your talking about is who I think it is, then I respect them. Yes, they are head hunters, but everyone knows that and should know how to counter that. But you know when it comes to being disrespectful, they don't stand for it. I saw at the Novice Championships that one kid, from that "club", pushed the other kid between periods. The coach of that "club" snatched up that kid and was lecturing him (which I think more coaches and parents need to do). He made him apologize to the other wrestler, the referee, and the other coaches. Now that is what I call respect.

Re: Burden fireworks [Re: mcaugusta] #120329 02/21/08 03:03 PM
M
Mike's Mom Offline
M
MMEDITZ - I am not bashing the club as a whole. But have you ever heard the saying, "You are who you hang with?" I agree they have some great parents and some great kids on the team as well. But I also agree that a few bad seeds, spoil the bunch.

Beeson, I highly doubt if your child was involved you would take your own advice. Yes, walking away is what the bigger person SHOULD do but you can only take so much for so long. At some point, you gotta let the dog out of the cage!!

Re: Burden fireworks [Re: Mike's Mom] #120339 02/21/08 03:38 PM
J
J Murdock Offline
J
First of all TOHK did not even attend this tournament,for all the people the automatically assumed thats who was causing the problem.Mikes mom were you matside at Tulsa or Salina?Unless you were you probably dont know the whole story.Was our coach out of line at Salina,sure he was and he knew it immediately afterwards.He let his emotions get the better of him in the heat of the moment.You bringing up a situation that was squashed between the two clubs within 20 minutes,benefits no one.I'm not sure what you meant by being able to take your "knox" after a loss,but is a good example losing a tough finals match and then refusing to wrestle the challenge match afterwards?Every tournament we go to I see people behaving horribly,myself included.I have done and said things that I regretted,I think anybody passionate about this sport and their wrestlers has.The "jerk" of a coach you are referring to I know personally as a caring coach and very passionate person who has yes more than once or ten times lost his cool at tournaments,but when he is down matside coaching for my son I know he cares and will do whatever possible to help him win a match.So relax and dont "let the dogs out of the cage"to soon,whatever that is supposed to mean?

Re: Burden fireworks [Re: J Murdock] #120351 02/21/08 04:37 PM
J
jkeplar Offline
J
Where did you tohk

Re: Burden fireworks [Re: J Murdock] #120354 02/21/08 04:48 PM
M
Mike's Mom Offline
M
My comment was made because someone brought up Salina and how parents/coaches need to grow up. Hey buddy, I don't have to be matside to watch a kid get screwed over. It was plain as day from not only mine but a lot of other people's vantage point. But to answer your question, I was matside in Salina. How big of you to say your coach was out of line. I wasn't looking for confimation though as I already knew that. As far as not wrestling a challenge match goes, WE TOOK 1ST IN TULSA NO DOUBT ABOUT IT, I don't care who TOOK the trophy home. The second place kid is supposed to wrestle the challenge match. Clearly we were the champion and didn't need to. We did however get our picture taken. Unlike at Salina when not everyone showed up.

Maybe we are talking about different coaches then. I have said in earlier posts as I will do now, that there are some great coaches and great parents at that club. Sometimes people have a kneejerk reaction and say or do something that they regret. Once, maybe twice. The coach I'm talking about though, it wasn't his 1st, nor will it be his last. I am done with this post. I have my opinions and you have yours.
Mike's Mom - OUT

Re: Burden fireworks [Re: Mike's Mom] #120403 02/21/08 07:35 PM
J
jkeplar Offline
J
chill out lady i dont care who got screwed over by who, I was just asking a question, besides that I have won matches from a ref and i have lost matches because of a ref, what I tell my kids is to keep the ref out of the match, dont let him make a choice, make him make the obvious call. I have been around this sport since I was 4, enjoy the ups and get over the downs they are going to happen get over it

Jake Keplar
Cirle wrestling

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 205 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,948
Posts250,382
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)