Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
State Pairings #120001 02/20/08 12:40 AM
T
tksnkc Offline OP
OP Offline
T
The argument and endless discussions go back as far as can remember (early 80's) of how the state brackets are set. I also realize how hard it is to get the state of kansas to change something. I am curious from all of the coaches, administrators, or officials if anything like the following has been presented. I realize there is no perfect system and for the most part the current system works, but unfortunately every year there are a handfull of wieghts were the semis end up being what the finals should have been. I have a pretty simple fix:

Use the same system as what we are currently using except do not post or give release the pairings until a small board (say 3-5 people) per classification (321A, 4A, 5A, and 6A respectfully), can look at each weight and see if there are some obvious problems with the two best kids on the same side. Keeping it small and to just that classification would keep it simple and fair, could even vote, and document if needed by the state. The right people involved could make this painless and seemless. They could do it teleconference or in person on Sunday after the regions and have it released to everone on Monday. One less day would not hurt anything and those small amount of times that would get caught and fixed would benefit the "KIDS" which is what all this is supposed to be about.

Interested to see if anything similar to this has been considered or suggested. I am sure I am not the only one to think this up, but if not, might be worth looking into.

Re: State Pairings [Re: tksnkc] #120049 02/20/08 03:06 AM
Coach Alley Offline
Check the post on State Seedings in the high school section. Ryan Jilka started the original post and I added my proposal from a year ago to the KWCA. Its up again for vote with all the coaches and hopefully it will go somewhere. It utilizes some of the thoughts you talked about above.

You've been Coaching how long?

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 134 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,949
Posts250,384
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)