Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
ellsworth #120850 02/23/08 10:40 PM
B
Bones1768 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
What was going at Ellsworth today? Why didn't the kids that wrestled for Ellsworth have any markings on their arms as to what age group they were in, or what weight they were. I heard a rumor that they didn't even weight in. HUM!!!!
In one match at 37 lbs. a kid from Ellsworth wrestled another kid and after the match people were complaining that he looked too big to wrestle that weight. They took him and weighed him and he weighed 46.5 pounds. Now that ain't even close. No way he could gain that overnight.

I know when you host a tournament, you want all your kids to wrestle, but a little home cooking on the part of the home team is just not fair. Did anyone else see problems like this.
We weren't the only one from our club to see this. I know that one of our coaches is going to file a complaint.
We will not go back to this meet if this if how they run things.

Running a tournament for your own team to make a little money and wrestle at home is one thing, but giving them an UNFAIR advantage over the others is just not right.

Re: ellsworth [Re: Bones1768] #120851 02/23/08 10:51 PM
nix Offline
that was on mat 1 my son weighs in at 40 even and this kid was taller and thicker than him it was not my sons match just compareing the size. we knew by looking at the kid he was a lot bigger than 37 clearly somthing funny.

Last edited by nix; 02/23/08 10:52 PM.

"Saints should always be judged guilty until they are proved innocent"

jeff nix
620-214-0433
Re: ellsworth [Re: nix] #120853 02/23/08 10:56 PM
L
loki Offline
L
i explained what happened on another thread..go back a level and you will see

Re: ellsworth [Re: loki] #120855 02/23/08 11:00 PM
L
loki Offline
L
The kid showed up to wrestle and we challenged his weight. He was 6 inches taller and way bigger than our kid. Ellsworth coach said its ok cause he i "autistic" We asked what that had to do with anything. We challeged his weight and the refs weighed him it was 6 and under 37 class, he weighed 47 pounds. That is 4 weight classes!. I went to the head table and the lady got mad at me for challenging it. I talked to the tourney Director and he said " it is our tournament and we don't have to weigh our kids". I asked if any ellsworth kids had weighed in and he said last night they did. I said that I had asked two ellsworth kids and they said they hadn't weighed in at all. Then the Director said " well we weighed them in earlier in the week!. I said they had to be weighed in the same as ours! he said no they didn't because it was their tourney. He said they didn't weigh any of their kids. He then said it was common that nobody ever weighed their own kids in at their own tourney. He then named a few towns and I knew he was wrong because I personally know these towns and their coaches... I then went to the head ref... he said there wasn't really anything he could do about it. The rest of the day several coaches asked me what happened and I told them. Later another Ellsworth coach came up to me and put his hands on me. He shoved me 3 times... I lost my temper and yelled back.. And to anyone there that overheard us i want to personally say i am sorry for this... It is not in my nature to do that ... but after he shoved me.... Later he said that they just had to much going on to weigh their kids on friday or saturday so he weighed them all on thursday. he said the problem at 37 pounds as an accident and he was entered at the wrong weight class. They ended up giving the kid a 4th place medal. The guy the shoved me said he was sorry and appologized for ever touching me... He said that they had been doing it this way for years... I lost my temper and was wrong for this but i still disagree with what they did... My kid had to run this morning because he was 1/2 pounds over and we made him run each night all week to make weight.. This upsets me because he also was on weight thursday... but didn't have the opportunity to use that weight like ellsworth did... I tried to use the chain of command... I tried to resolve it by talking to the ref and tourney directors and then I got shoved for talking to other coaches about it... I have to give him credit for saying sorry for shoving me...but it was a bad scene.

Re: ellsworth [Re: loki] #120859 02/23/08 11:07 PM
usawks1 Offline
Sounds like a crazy deal ... and passions got a bit warm!

Remember everyone, let's try to stay positive, this thread could take a non-positive turn in a hurry!!

Are you making a POSITIVE difference in the life of kids?

Randy Hinderliter
USAW Kansas
KWCA Rep/Coaches Liaison
Ottawa University Volunteer Assistant
Re: ellsworth [Re: usawks1] #120862 02/23/08 11:18 PM
L
loki Offline
L
Randy,
And to the USA Wrestling Staff.
I want to formally say I am sorry for what happened.. I agree It was a bad scene.
and I was ok until I was shoved 3 times. I NEVER touched him. I am sorry for yelling back and being loud in front of kids. That was wrong of me.
I just don't want anyone here to start more then what it was.
I do not hold hard feelings to anyone involved.
And like at the tourney when I was asked what happened I felt like i would tell them.
I do think USA wrestling should look into the problem because it was a sanctioned event.

Re: ellsworth [Re: loki] #120866 02/23/08 11:23 PM
usawks1 Offline
Loki ... I feel confident in saying that it will be looked into!

Thank you for the "very adult" way you are handling your concerns ... and perhaps all postings will remain positive!

Are you making a POSITIVE difference in the life of kids?

Randy Hinderliter
USAW Kansas
KWCA Rep/Coaches Liaison
Ottawa University Volunteer Assistant
Re: ellsworth [Re: usawks1] #120867 02/23/08 11:29 PM
L
loki Offline
L
i tried to go into the stand and appologize to the fans the had to over hear what happened.. And again to the Concordia Fans I am sorry.
the Hoisington head coach was how I was talking to when it all happened
And a couple of Smokey Valley coaches. I also pulled all of my kids aside to tell them that what I did was WRONG. and I was WRONG in yelling like that and disgracing our
Team... I have said for years I would rather lose a match then get a kid hurt or bring shame to our club. I just lost it after that. no excusses

Re: ellsworth [Re: loki] #120908 02/24/08 02:00 AM
Ell Offline
If my kid had to skip weigh in's and have a weight advantage, I wouldn't want to win! As for the autistic boy, I understand his parents wanting to give him a chance but maybe they should have approched the opposing coaches before each match and explained the situation. As for Mulvane today, their kids wighed in and the tournament went very smooth. Great job Mulvane! We had fun and look forward to coming back next year!

Re: ellsworth [Re: Ell] #120914 02/24/08 02:22 AM
B
Bones1768 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Just wondering what happens to a team that cheats. Let's be honest that is what ellsworth did today. Did the parents know any better. Maybe yes Maybe no. But you expect the coaching staff and the director of the club to know better.

So my question is when you say that you will look into this? What does that mean? Are host clubs REQUIRED to have their own wrestlers weigh in at the same time as others?
What happens to a teams charter that does something like this and is found guilty?

Re: ellsworth [Re: Bones1768] #120915 02/24/08 02:24 AM
R
ravincan Offline
R
I think every one should get a refund

Re: ellsworth [Re: ravincan] #120918 02/24/08 02:29 AM
nix Offline
forget about the weigh in what about the assault from an ellsworth coach to an attending coach? should that not be grounds for an ejection. but lets not forget he did say he was sorry.

jeff nix
620-214-0433
Re: ellsworth [Re: ravincan] #120919 02/24/08 02:29 AM
S
southkscatfan Offline
S
I don't think anything can ever really be done after the fact. And honestly It's probably best for the kids to let it die. However I think alot of clubs would think twice about attending thier tourney in the future. I think going elsewhere is really the only recourse you would have.

Re: ellsworth [Re: southkscatfan] #120925 02/24/08 02:38 AM
nix Offline
on a good note i think ellsworth could be a great tournament first they need to address alot of issues first.

jeff nix
620-214-0433
Re: ellsworth [Re: nix] #121372 02/26/08 02:08 AM
D
dsgolden Offline
D
Since ellsworth didnt weigh their kids in and didnt write the weight on their arms how do we know that they did even do the skin checks on their own wrestlers.

Re: ellsworth [Re: dsgolden] #121594 02/27/08 03:18 AM
4boysraslin Offline
never been to this tournament and will never go. Competition is a great thing, but cheating is unacceptable!!! Ellsworth should be ashamed and shouldn't bother hosting another tournament.

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 179 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,941
Posts250,373
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)