Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: yelling at 5 or 6 year olds. [Re: Dean Welsh] #125475 03/21/08 12:46 PM
PatrickCavanaugh Offline
 Originally Posted By: dwelsh
'I guess that person doesn't know about all my other faults. Otherwise he wouldn't have mentioned only these.'"
Epictetus

That's a keeper dwelsh, I'm putting it in my tool box, as sarcasm is definately in my inventory of faults!

Patrick Cavanaugh
785-249-3440
Re: yelling at 5 or 6 year olds. [Re: Jake Goldenstein] #125477 03/21/08 12:57 PM
M
m daniel Offline
M
There is no fault in having passion with what our kids are involved in, (especially when its wrestling)! All of us make mistakes and have to learn from them. Way to hang in there Jonathon and respond to so many comments about you combined with apoligizing several times. Mike

Michael Daniel
Great Bend, Ks
Re: yelling at 5 or 6 year olds. [Re: PatrickCavanaugh] #125480 03/21/08 01:11 PM
windjammer Offline
I've been clear that I didn't see this incident and I don't know whether it was inappropriate or not. I understand that sometimes society tries to dictate everything to us, including how to raise our kids. The fact remains that there is some horrific parenting in the world to the point that we have had to invent a name for shaken baby syndrome. You can't explain it all away or justify it sometimes, and saying everyone does it doesn't get it with me either. Yes I've lost it with my kids sometimes. Have I lost it anywhere close to how I've seen some lose it at wrestling tournaments? No. Have I lost it to the point that other people have needed to intervene? No. There's a difference between been loud and calling a 5 year old kid by a swear word.

Some of these kids are abused. They are abused at tournaments and worse after they leave. I know it and you know it and sometimes it makes me sick that all I do is watch them leave.

Re: yelling at 5 or 6 year olds. [Re: windjammer] #125482 03/21/08 01:21 PM
M
mcaugusta Offline
M
Jonathan, I want you to know first off that my family supports you. Yes, you may have a "loud" voice sometimes, but your a big guys, and that happens. Your son listens to you when he is wrestling, and does not think of it as a punishment. We enjoy you being in the club. Who care what others do? We don't. By the way, how did he do on Sunday? I saw that he didn't place, but just wondered what happened? Did you enjoy it? Sorry, for rambling, but you know me and I do. We support you.

Re: yelling at 5 or 6 year olds. [Re: windjammer] #125488 03/21/08 02:05 PM
D
Dean Welsh Offline
D
 Originally Posted By: windjammer
I've been clear that I didn't see this incident and I don't know whether it was inappropriate or not. I understand that sometimes society tries to dictate everything to us, including how to raise our kids. The fact remains that there is some horrific parenting in the world to the point that we have had to invent a name for shaken baby syndrome. You can't explain it all away or justify it sometimes, and saying everyone does it doesn't get it with me either. Yes I've lost it with my kids sometimes. Have I lost it anywhere close to how I've seen some lose it at wrestling tournaments? No. Have I lost it to the point that other people have needed to intervene? No. There's a difference between been loud and calling a 5 year old kid by a swear word.

Some of these kids are abused. They are abused at tournaments
and worse after they leave. I know it and you know it and sometimes it makes me sick that all I do is watch them leave.

I agree. Many kids are abused verbally and physically and a million other ways. And, it is very, very sad.

D. Dean Welsh, Junction City
***Dean plays well with others!!! ;-)
Re: yelling at 5 or 6 year olds. [Re: PatrickCavanaugh] #125490 03/21/08 02:06 PM
D
Dean Welsh Offline
D
 Originally Posted By: PatrickCavanaugh
 Originally Posted By: dwelsh
'I guess that person doesn't know about all my other faults. Otherwise he wouldn't have mentioned only these.'"
Epictetus

That's a keeper dwelsh, I'm putting it in my tool box, as sarcasm is definately in my inventory of faults!

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Yeah, sarcasm gets me in trouble to. However, at times - it can be useful. Take care.

Re: yelling at 5 or 6 year olds. [Re: Dean Welsh] #125496 03/21/08 02:56 PM
J
jaragusta Offline
J
Yes yu are right dwelsh and windjammer There are kids that are abused but not in my presents yes I have puled my kid from practice and was upset with him just because he was not trying but we did not fight I realize there kids kids kids they ware out like we do maybe just as fast BUT so I take him soak him and tell him son if were tired were not doing us any good nor our partner any good you have to be willing to 100 percent for that 2 hours or take a few days off I would rather take day off not go in than watch my boy get frustrated with himself physically he just doesnt have the gas in the tank. Last year ws my sons first day and I took to evry tourney and i think I about pooped him out, but this yaer came around ready go again As for BuBBA he got 7th the two boys that beat him got 3rd and 5 so I was proud of that boy lost first match back against the wall he fought back like I knew he would and ripped off 5 straight pins. It was amazing too watxch the turn events and then to know that he also took 6th in subs at the 8 and under subs Jonathan

Re: yelling at 5 or 6 year olds. [Re: jaragusta] #125510 03/21/08 08:39 PM
D
Dean Welsh Offline
D
Jaragusta - just to be clear between the two of us - I was not accusing you of abusing your kid. I was merely stating a fact that we BOTH agree - it is sad when kids are abused.

Take care.

Re: yelling at 5 or 6 year olds. [Re: Dean Welsh] #125515 03/21/08 10:17 PM
J
jaragusta Offline
J
Oh yes I agree but I feel this has to clear not so muvch you but I have been accused of something that was not made clear from first to end please do not take my comment as a directed at you that was not my intetions at all sorry...

Re: yelling at 5 or 6 year olds. [Re: jaragusta] #125516 03/21/08 10:28 PM
J
jaragusta Offline
J
I just want to make this clear as day I AM SORRY for any shame or making anyone uncomfortable but I just wish I could roll back time a few days and record this whole incident my son 6 years old and I am 6'4" and 350Lbs. It may look as I was pulling my sona nd jerking it did and would not take any effort to pull him into me to but my face and being mad was just that an illusion to show my boy ran ran that I was not gonna take this and I was not playing. Ran ran has a temper he comes by it honestly and its no place for I or him to act in that manner but i feel this was taken far out of context and has driven somewhat of a wedge into my life. I feel this is all I need to say people have opinion but know this I love wrestling and I love children and mean no harm ever ....Jonathan C.

Re: yelling at 5 or 6 year olds. [Re: jaragusta] #125517 03/21/08 10:36 PM
D
Dean Welsh Offline
D
Jaragusta, well said above. You are a BIG man in size and heart. If you are ever in Junction City, look me up and we can eat lunch or something.

I hope you DO NOT let it drive a "wedge into [your] life." Life is too short for that. You have explained yourself and the situation well. Some will take your side. Some wont. Some will take no side.

Jesus couldn't please everyone so it is foolish for us to think that we can. (I AM NOT CALLING YOU A FOOL - just stating a general principal that is helpful at times such as this)

Take care.

Re: yelling at 5 or 6 year olds. [Re: Dean Welsh] #125530 03/22/08 02:14 AM
B
bockman Offline
B
jargusta, I feel for you cause I am very hard on my son also. I just want him to do his best and when he doesnt sometimes its me that cant take it. I also forget sometimes that they are so young. My problem is that I never had anyone there to push me so I took everything for granted and just dont want my son to do that. I want my son and all 5 of my kids to work for what they get. I was the youngest of 3 and never had anything until I got into highschool. Then my mom decided I would get pretty much what I wanted but nobody was ever there to push me and make me work for it except for coaches and sometimes my older brother. I have to remind myself to just hold back and be happy they are able to participate.

Scott Bockover
Re: yelling at 5 or 6 year olds. [Re: bockman] #125541 03/22/08 03:08 AM
nix Offline OP
OP Offline
jargusta, i am sorry my intentions were not to get anyone in trouble with there local clubs, my intentions were for those that do yell at there kids, would maybe read this and think twice about it in public, and there were a few more than just you at ottawa, but they will never admit it on here, and i won't say names or clubs.

as far as your club goes, if this is the first time somthing like this has tooken place, i feel like it's a little dramatic, to consider loseing you as a club member.

should it be me, you, or any one else, i feel that yelling in front of other parents, and children should not happen, if an event arises that does have the need to get loud i would hope we all would go outside away from everyone else.

like i said my intentions were very well meant, and i am sorry if they have caused you any grief. that was not my intentions. goodluck to all tommorrow.

"Saints should always be judged guilty until they are proved innocent"

jeff nix
620-214-0433
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 162 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,941
Posts250,373
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)