Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Biggest upsets at state? 5A and 6A [Re: Scarecrow_103] #141775 03/02/09 12:06 AM
Roach Offline
Oh .. I was just wondering who KSMAN was talking about... Nothing meant by it.. I typed "Thought" out loud... :o)

The real test comes when you lose. -Dick Vermeil
Re: Biggest upsets at state? 5A and 6A [Re: Roach] #141808 03/02/09 01:02 AM
Isenberg133 Offline
Biggest upsets to me after looking at the 5a brackets were jordan brown and mark kolmer getting pinned, and zane wickham losing out on the first day to two unranked wrestlers. You could also say cole over nowak was an upset.

Last edited by Aldon Isenberg135; 03/02/09 01:10 AM.
Re: Biggest upsets at state? 5A and 6A [Re: Isenberg133] #141832 03/02/09 01:56 AM
C
ChuckMies Offline
C
Originally Posted By: Aldon Isenberg135
Biggest upsets to me after looking at the 5a brackets were jordan brown and mark kolmer getting pinned, and zane wickham losing out on the first day to two unranked wrestlers. You could also say cole over nowak was an upset.

I thought Jake Cole wrestled the tournament of his life this weekend. You would have to had been there to see how well he wrestled against everyone, especially Nowak. Very smart and controlled in every match. He "peaked" as just the right time and it was a pleasure to watch.

As for some of the other upsets, there were many. I guess that this is the State tournament, and when you put all these high caliber wrestlers together things can and will happen.

Re: Biggest upsets at state? 5A and 6A [Re: ChuckMies] #141838 03/02/09 02:07 AM
W
wrestling67 Offline
W
At 112 6A, Dalton Miller wrestled on an injured ankle. He will find out tomorrow if it was not just injured but possibly broken. He wrestled as well as any one could in the situation but came up short in the Quarter finals by 1 point. He did take 4th on the injury default but I sure wish I could have seen him wrestle without the injured ankle. I want to congratulate, Dane on winning the tournament. With the quality of wrestling this weekend I hope that alot of these fine young men will be representing our state at Brute Adidas Nationals in April. We need to show the other states that we are he and will challenge each and everyone of them.

Mel

Re: Biggest upsets at state? 5A and 6A [Re: wrestling67] #141945 03/02/09 02:42 PM
H
HaysHighArnhold Offline
H
in 5a 112 arzola over stokes and brock stewart of Hutch pinning jake sullivan of andover central, o.... and both semi matches boyer over salas and prescott over seaton.

Only The Tribe Survive!
Re: Biggest upsets at state? 5A and 6A [Re: ChuckMies] #141951 03/02/09 03:20 PM
H
Husker Fan Offline
H
Originally Posted By: ChuckMies
Originally Posted By: Aldon Isenberg135

I thought Jake Cole wrestled the tournament of his life this weekend. You would have to had been there to see how well he wrestled against everyone, especially Nowak. Very smart and controlled in every match. He "peaked" as just the right time and it was a pleasure to watch.

As for some of the other upsets, there were many. I guess that this is the State tournament, and when you put all these high caliber wrestlers together things can and will happen.

Jacob Cole's victory over my son Jacob Nowak could be considered an upset in that my son was ranked No. 1 in 5A and undefeated going into the tournament. However, the best 5A 215 wrestler won that semifinal match. I agree with Chuck Mies that Jacob Cole wrestled great. He is an extremely strong wrestler and he is a very good wrestler too. I congratulate Jacob Cole on his victory over my son in the semifinal and his victory the next night in the final for the State championship. Jacob Cole is this year's top 5A 215 wrestler and a great state champion.

I want to thank Jacob Cole's dad who took time Saturday before his son's final match to come find me in the Aquinas section and introduce himself to me. This was a very difficult loss for my son. Mr. Cole was very kind and gracious to me and my wife in our brief meeting. He had some very nice things to say to my wife and I about my son. These kind words came at a very good time for my wife and I. I was very impressed with Mr. Cole doing this. I should not be surprised because I have always been impressed with the entire Bishop Carroll wrestling community. Great high school wrestlers come from Bishop Carroll and the coaches, families and supporters are first class. It has been great watching the team and individual competitions with Bishop Carroll over the last three years. Best of luck to the Jacob Cole ant the rest of the Bishop Carroll wrestlers in the future.

Vince Nowak
Kansas College Wrestling Fund Supporter
Please join the fight with your contributions

Re: Biggest upsets at state? 5A and 6A [Re: Husker Fan] #142000 03/02/09 07:05 PM
C
ChuckMies Offline
C

Vince, thank you for the gracious comments to our program.

We are very fortunate to have a coaching staff that teaches much more than wrestling to these young men. I would like to extend my personal thanks to the Coach Eshelman and the entire coaching and administration staff at BCCHS. You taught my son many things this year.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Nate Naasz, RedStorm 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 205 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,948
Posts250,382
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)