Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: What happened in Hays?? [Re: Brett Shoffner] #148864 06/17/09 06:56 PM
W
wrstlmom1970 Offline
W
Our middle schoolers would be totally eliminated because the seasons for them and the kids programs would coincide. Our middle schoolers wrestle from Jan-mid Feb and that is it. Until KSHSAA changes the rules to let them wrestle both, then they would not be able to do the qualifying tournaments, unless they choose to not do middle school. Of course, I am very excited and hopeful that Western Kansas schools will adopt the same wrestling season for middle school that I see part of the schools in the state going to-right after football season, that would help tremendously. As far as when we get into the wrestling room--that is a school admin topic that I have no control over--it was like pulling teeth just to convince them to let us in for freestyle/greco until July this year, but hey, baby steps right?? As far as going to other states to wrestle and it being closer---still wouldn't work, esp. at that time of year since I would have football games on Friday nights and/or Saturdays since it is playoff time for the high schoolers. I would still have to travel a very long distance to get them to a wrestling tournament. Plus, I guess you could say I am a HOME STATE person--like to keep the $$$$$ going to as many home state clubs that I can. On the flip side of things, if I had to, I would do the extra travelling, if that is what the boys would want.

Sandra Hayes

Wrestle your hardest and leave it all on the mat everytime.
Re: What happened in Hays?? [Re: wrstlmom1970] #148865 06/17/09 07:12 PM
W
wrstlmom1970 Offline
W
I am not disagreeing with anyone that we need a change is either the seasons and/or the thinking of admin people in not only our club and the KSHSAA, but just trying to be a "devil's advocate" and trying to let you know what I hear.

Sandra Hayes

Wrestle your hardest and leave it all on the mat everytime.
Re: What happened in Hays?? [Re: Brett Shoffner] #148868 06/17/09 07:42 PM
S
shwrestlingmom Offline
S
I know at our house we are juggling baseball, wrestling, making money, and friends. He can't do it all so decided Fargo was #1 choice and he already secured a spot for the team at state so did not do regionals or cadet duals. I know money has a lot to do with low participation for wrestlers in our area.

Re: What happened in Hays?? [Re: shwrestlingmom] #148869 06/17/09 07:50 PM
D
Dad of 6 Offline
D
This is all good discussion and I know that I'm new to this talk forum, but how do we go about making the changes that are being talked about. The season schedule that Brett put forth makes total sense. Who do we talk too, who do I need to call, we can't just talk on this forum about this stuff we need to get a move on before schedules are set for next season and if they are set then lets get things going for the season after.

Re: What happened in Hays?? [Re: Dad of 6] #148900 06/19/09 02:04 AM
B
Brett Shoffner Offline
B
Regarding the middle school stuff...I believe that one is on the KSHSAA for not mandating a "real" season for junior high wrestling. One mentioned middle school program runs from Jan--mid Feb, while where I grew up we did our season BEFORE club stuff started, from Octo--beginning of Dec.

If I had any power at the KSHSAA I'd either make the season from Oct-Dec leaving club alone, or from jan-Feb and have a JR high state along with hs state.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Coach T.Gonzales 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Coach Burgess), 139 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
CorbinPickerill, ptv, Dane Edwards, Mikemacias, tcox
12298 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,938
Posts250,370
Members12,298
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)