Wrestling Talk Forums supported
USA Wrestling-Kansas KWCA Wrestling Talk Forums supported & maintained by USA Wrestling-Kansas USAW USA Wrestling-Kansas 
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Here's an idea..... #150869 10/01/09 06:09 PM
S
shawnbudke Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Check out what California USAW is doing. Seems like it would help solve a lot of issues about where to have state, regionals, other national level tournaments, etc. I think it would be interesting to see the cost of building a site vice having to pay for a site over the course of years.

Interested in your thoughts?

http://www.usawrestling.org/section.php?section_id=3&page=showarticle&ArticleID=20872

Not sure how to make the link work. It's on the Mat.com. If anyone knows how to make the link work please feel free to adjust this.

Thanks.

Shawn Budke

Re: Here's an idea..... [Re: shawnbudke] #150875 10/01/09 11:53 PM
S
smokeycabin Offline
S
I have been involved with many studies on community centers/convention facilitites, etc. California will need a good plan even after it is built to do the on going maintence, utilities, keeping it full in the wrestling off season and identifying what type of organizations will rent it for other uses. Most of these facilities need some tax payer assistance. I am not convinced they will turn a profit or break even over time. If there is a big donor to pay for all construction costs and land and about the first 5 years operating cost then they might make it. I did not read the entire proposal and funding mechanism. The convention and vistors bureau is a aggressive business that communities fight for hotel stays, meals, and other retail dollars. It will be interesting to see if it works. If it does work - every indoor sport might start building their own. Will USA California Wrestling hire the contractors to build it, manage the property, lease it out, maintain it, hire work force for concessions, legal counsel, insurance, etc? If they do all these things - they will need a whole new administration and work force to handle these tasks. It sounds good on paper but it will get very complicated down the road - just my opinion.

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 205 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
bvswwrestling, CoachFitzOS, Dluce, Shawn Russell, CorbinPickerill
12302 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,948
Posts250,382
Members12,302
Most Online709
Nov 21st, 2011
Top Posters(All Time)